• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

deafmedal

Cool. So tentatively we have

1. Greeny
2. cosmos man
3. deafmedal?

Any people that posted earlier wanting to join available between 1130 and 12 eastern? Want to knock this down quickly...NFL Starts at 1 PM!

*Kool-Aid man smash* OH YEAH!!1! I'll be on soonish, so whenever y'all are ready :)

shem935

Banned
Hit IB rank 3, completed 4 bounties and found timurs lash. All in one game. Is this the peak of my destiny career?

Also how do you reforge weapons?

Edit: NM figured it out. Got the increased damage after a kill and increased reload when mag is empty.

EL CUCO

FINALLY. Took me about 30 motes to re-roll a Lash with the combination that I can put to good use.

Performance Bonus: Kills with this weapon grants bonus reserve

In the tree there is Field Scout, Flared magwell, Explosive rounds. I can mix it up between these 3 pretty good.

Crowd Control: Kills with this weapon grant bonus damage for a short period of time.

Looks like Firefly isn't available from what I've been reading on Reddit. I know after 15 rolls, I probably saw everything available.

gdt

Cool. So tentatively we have

1. Greeny
2. cosmos man
3. deafmedal?
4.Gdt

Any people that posted earlier wanting to join available between 1130 and 12 eastern? Want to knock this down quickly...NFL Starts at 1 PM!

Just putting my name on the list with this other guy

phen0m24

That's how I farmed to afford some of the IB gear. But it's not reliable. Sometimes the Hive will not respawn and you have to go off much farther.

I miss the days of farming the 8 yellow hive on the moon. That was just perfect.
Very true. Their behavior can change based on what folks do top side.

But I find if I run up the stairs and take out the 3 up top (vandal dreg and shank) and go back down, and/or the other stairs under loot cave 3.0,
otherwise known as the 2 At a Time Fusion Rifle Party
their behavior resets.

I still use it regardless. I can't quit you my downstairs Hive family....

Manp

Exclusion Zone mission on Mars. Get to the first wave of Cabal enemies, which spawns 9 yellow health Cabals. Kill those and then suicide. If you are fast you can do 6 runs per 10 minutes, which gives you a little over 3k glimmer. In addition the Cabal will drop Resupply Codes faster than you use them so you will not actually be using up any resources. They also drop Network Cards, which redeem for 200 glimmer each at the Cryptarch.

sound good, tnx :)

Strider

Was the whole elemental damage on a primary IB weapon figured out? Was that a glitch/photoshop or can you actually get elemental damage by reforging the primary weapon?

I'm assuming it was fake but I must know for sure...

EL CUCO

Was the whole elemental damage on a primary IB weapon figured out? Was that a glitch/photoshop or can you actually get elemental damage by reforging the primary weapon?

I'm assuming it was fake but I must know for sure...

Not sure if it was a glitch while switching out weapons or a photo shop but it was a false alarm.

Found a group for Hard Atheon on LFG last night. It was so laggy it was unbelieveable. It kept putting some of the people that got ported into detainment shields. Weapons of Light wasn't giving anyone the buff. It was miserable. On the screen it was showing that my connection was red and the assholes booted me. We had all level 30s.

Found another group. 5 level 30s and a 29. We beat that bitch in TWO portal runs. It was ridiculous.

GhaleonEB

Woohoo today's Daily is The Last Array, probably my favorite mission because of the ending music.

It's a fun romp. My favorite score over combat is the assault on the ship, from the initial fight outside through to the music concluding inside the hanger (can't remember the mission name). Marty and company did some great set pieces.

I did the Last Array mission about a week ago on my new character, on hard mode, and the ending scene was pretty tough. Lots of running in circles and fleeing outside to snipe from range.

I'm 21 now and was gifted a legendary scout rifle out of nowhere (a lot engram or whatever from the postmaster). For the daily I just stood inside and mowed everyone down as they approached the building. No one even got inside. Revenge is a tasty, tasty dish.

Mupod

Exclusion Zone mission on Mars. Get to the first wave of Cabal enemies, which spawns 9 yellow health Cabals. Kill those and then suicide. If you are fast you can do 6 runs per 10 minutes, which gives you a little over 3k glimmer. In addition the Cabal will drop Resupply Codes faster than you use them so you will not actually be using up any resources. They also drop Network Cards, which redeem for 200 glimmer each at the Cryptarch.

yeah, this is how I've been doing it. I tried some other methods but this is far, far faster because of the droprate of network keys. Kinda fun too, if I set it to level 22.

Last night I got enough glimmer to buy Perun's Fire and my gloves. Just need to save for the shader and scout rifle now, and of course all the upgrades I need to do.

I rerolled Perun's Fire a few times and got accelerated coils, accurate hip fire, and faster reloads after kills. Sounds good to me, and I don't have the motes to try and get anything better.

Frenden

Banned
I'm usually not a FR guy (I do well with them, but find shotguns more fun, personally). What's the best hoped for perks on the IB one? About to roll...

Edit: Rangefinder (seems alright, I guess) and Armor Piercing Rounds. I didn't even know that was possible for FRs. Shows what I know.

jett

D-Member
I'm usually not a FR guy (I do well with them, but find shotguns more fun, personally). What's the best hoped for perks on the IB one? About to roll...

Accelerated Coils (makes it the quickest charging FR in the game). You can also roll rangefinder which increases the range when aiming, but after rolling the thing like 20 times I couldn't get both together.

Frenden

Banned
Accelerated Coils (makes it the quickest charging FR in the game). You can also roll rangefinder which increases the range when aiming, but after rolling the thing like 20 times I couldn't get both together.

Makes sense--it looks like it'd be on par with Plan C, charge-stat-wise, eh?

Kensuke

Makes sense--it looks like it'd be on par with Plan C, charge-stat-wise, eh?

Actually, after playing with it for a while I think Accelerated Coils might not be worth it. The charge rate is already very high, near the cap even. So you only get a tiny bit more with accelerated coils, which won't really make a difference. Hammer Forged may be better, combined with rangefinder you'd have an awesome ranged FR.

Kensuke

RNGesus has finally found me, his lost son. 7 exotics in a single week.

Heart of Praxic Fire (nightfall)
Universal Remote (2nd Raid chest)
Icebreaker (2nd Raid chest)
MIDA Multi Tool (Atheon)
Vex Mythoclast (Atheon)
Plan C (Iron Banner)
Hard Light (Iron Banner)

MIDA Multi Tool (Atheon)
Vex Mythoclast (Atheon)
Plan C (Iron Banner)
Hard Light (Iron Banner)

Send RNJesus' blessing this way, please.

rNilla

MIDA Multi Tool (Atheon)
Vex Mythoclast (Atheon)
Plan C (Iron Banner)
Hard Light (Iron Banner)
Daaaaaaaaaang.

CLBridges

Farmed enough glimmer to purchase that IB Scout rifle. Re-rerolled once and got the lucky shot perk and precision kills make target explode. Also, got extended mag size so now I'm pretty happy with my purchase, will be useful for my Hunter when I get them to 20.

E92 M3

Morning my brethren! Should I max out The Last Word for IB or is it good enough to have without using energies? First hand experience would be appreciated.

CLBridges

MIDA Multi Tool (Atheon)
Vex Mythoclast (Atheon)
Plan C (Iron Banner)
Hard Light (Iron Banner)

Haha that's a damn good haul for the week, grats! This game man, seems like whenever I wanna take a few days or a week break, it's like "hey, here's some new armor/weapon you didn't have, don't you wanna level them up?" lol.

Just re-rolled my Lash once again, so I can get the same perks that this one player had last night because he was wrecking me and my team of randoms:

-Steadyhand
-Outlaw
-Quickdraw/Perfect Balance/Send It
-Reactive Reload

Steadyhand is great for recoil and control. Outlaw replaces Chain of Woe and fast reload for HCs on my dustwalker gauntlets, which I can then use Gambler's Dagger and Young Ahamkara's Spine. Send It increases range, and Reactive Reload grants 33% bonus damage for 3 seconds after every reload.

So after every precision kill, I'll be reloading at max speed and delivering 33% bonus damage for 3 seconds with each shot fired in that timespan, while having two throwing knives and 30 second tripmines.

Thank you based RNGesus.

Kensuke

Yeah, I've been pretty lucky. On that note, anyone up for some Iron Banner? Don't really like playing with randoms.

PSN: Wretched_Walrus

RNGesus will not bless me lol RNGesus wouldn't even let me get level 30 from the raid let alone get my most wanted weapon at the moment in FateBringer.

It will happen when you least expect it. I got the fatebringer and last piece of armor needed to hit 30 from two hard raid runs yesterday. I had all but given up hope I'd ever see either.

void666

Banned
You know, i'm kind of enjoying iron banner.
I scream and curse a lot. Sometimes i almost throw my dual shock against the wall.
But it's fun. I like these maps.

Has Bungie taken out legendary engrams all together? I feel like I haven't seen one in forever and not even in purple engram packages from the cryptarch.

X-Frame

Morning my brethren! Should I max out The Last Word for IB or is it good enough to have without using energies? First hand experience would be appreciated.

I was using it last night at 274 Attack and it was still mowing people down. I am Level 29 too, going up against mostly 28-30's.

Since TLW is mostly a PvP only weapon and its Attack only matters in IB which seems to be only a monthly event, I am not sure if it's worth it if you're short on Energy or need to upgrade other more PvE oriented weapons.

I'm sure by the next IB mine will be maxed though.

Rixa

Yep you guessed right:

Dailureward.PNG
Daily:
Ass my energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom