• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, i'm kind of enjoying iron banner.
I scream and curse a lot. Sometimes i almost throw my dual shock against the wall.
But it's fun. I like these maps.

Haha. I know exactly what you mean. I a, not a huge PvP guy but I like IB. I yell, curse, call bullshit, and almost throw my controller at the wall on a frequent basis. But when shit works out and I get some good kills or sneak up on some poor bastard, it's all worth it.

I swear more during PvP than I've ever done playing any other game. It's like road rage almost. I don't know the person and they can't hear me, so if they're pissing me off, I can't help myself.

IB bounties are insane because they are 5k each and all of them are super easy.

Ugh I hate the AR headshot bounty and the 10 kills without dying. AR one because I don't like using ARs in crucible and the other because I basically have to be a campy asshole to get it done. I just want to play.

Kalamari

You know, i'm kind of enjoying iron banner.
I scream and curse a lot. Sometimes i almost throw my dual shock against the wall.
But it's fun. I like these maps.

Cursing is unavoidable when there is so much bullshit in the game, but it's still pretty fun when you have a team working together.

Shito

So, I was thinking: if those medallions don't disappear with the event, it might be a good idea to keep 5 for the next time IB shows up, as a headstart...

Thanks to Gutz, casmith, unknown, phantom and crew for some more fun IB matches! Got my 4th Jolder's... still no bus rides :(

Edit: Also I think our round of 20k - 3.2k was a new record. Anyone have more of a blowout than that?

X-Frame

Do the daily. And then Crucible.

Bounties, dailies, the first public event.

Iron Banner is probably your best chance to get a ton on xp though, each one is worth 5000xp and there's 6 of them. All doable to.

Apparently the Daily's XP does not go to Armor or Weapons, only your Sub-class.

I suspected that when I was doing them regularly, which is disappointing. Bounties are therefore the best for sure.

SP17

Gonna start from scratch and try to get the boots today. With the buff, shouldn't take too long right?
Im in the same boat so I hope not, I don't know what's worse; getting no armour in 500 raids or getting all of it in your first one except boots and then nothing in the next 500, I'm the latter

Lima

Just noticed that guardian lords are noted in the OP. I've been a lord for a few weeks now so eh why not throw my hat into the ring
1x3fft.png

Apparently the Daily's XP does not go to Armor or Weapons, only your Sub-class.

I suspected that when I was doing them regularly, which is disappointing. Bounties are therefore the best for sure.

It counts for armor and subclass. Just not for weapons.

Strider

I swear more during PvP than I've ever done playing any other game. It's like road rage almost. I don't know the person and they can't hear me, so if they're pissing me off, I can't help myself.

There's tons of bullshit in this game... so I mean... It's understandable lol

Shito

Thanks to Gutz, casmith, unknown, phantom and crew for some more fun IB matches! Got my 4th Jolder's... still no bus rides :(

Edit: Also I think our round of 20k - 3.2k was a new record. Anyone have more of a blowout than that?
Just now did 20k - 6k, so that's not better, but that was with randoms...
Everyone knew how to play blind watch, it seems. :)

Has Bungie taken out legendary engrams all together? I feel like I haven't seen one in forever and not even in purple engram packages from the cryptarch.

I haven't seen an actual purple engram drop in forever. The cryptarch has the purple thing when you level up but for a straight drop I havent seen any at all lately.

Mupod

in my case, replace mario kart with suros regime

jbe9IeAqhYLR4w.png

Just re-rolled my Lash once again, so I can get the same perks that this one player had last night because he was wrecking me and my team of randoms:

-Steadyhand
-Outlaw
-Quickdraw/Perfect Balance/Send It
-Reactive Reload

Steadyhand is great for recoil and control. Outlaw replaces Chain of Woe and fast reload for HCs on my dustwalker gauntlets, which I can then use Gambler's Dagger and Young Ahamkara's Spine. Send It increases range, and Reactive Reload grants 33% bonus damage for 3 seconds after every reload.

So after every precision kill, I'll be reloading at max speed and delivering 33% bonus damage for 3 seconds with each shot fired in that timespan, while having two throwing knives and 30 second tripmines.

Thank you based RNGesus.

That's almost exactly the same Lash I got as a drop last night. It has lightweight and single point sling but in in the end it'd be the same since I'd be using Send It anyways.

E92 M3

I was using it last night at 274 Attack and it was still mowing people down. I am Level 29 too, going up against mostly 28-30's.

Since TLW is mostly a PvP only weapon and its Attack only matters in IB which seems to be only a monthly event, I am not sure if it's worth it if you're short on Energy or need to upgrade other more PvE oriented weapons.

I'm sure by the next IB mine will be maxed though.

Hmm okay...there really is no need to level it up for PVE and for normal crucible it's not needed. I think it should be okay. Have plenty of energy, but don't like wasting it.

Agent

I legit felt bad for that other team. That was the worst beat down I've seen. They kept running into a buzzsaw and never stopped or changed strategy. It was fantastic.

benjammin

Does anyone have any tips for the conflux section of the hard mode raid? It took us a solid hour and a half to get through it yesterday, and I never had any issues with it on normal. Took us longer to clear that section than the rest of the raid combined. We had 4 29's with maxed weapons and 2 30's and weren't able to get through it until one of the 29's had to leave and we replaced him with a 30. We had a 29 and a 30 on the left, the same on the right, and 2 29's in the very middle. Is there a better way to get through it?

EL CUCO

Ever since I hit rank 5, I'm a liability on any team. I'm just messing around with different weapons secretly hoping the magic spacebus drops.

Does anyone have any tips for the conflux section of the hard mode raid? It took us a solid hour and a half to get through it yesterday, and I never had any issues with it on normal. Took us longer to clear that section than the rest of the raid combined. We had 4 29's with maxed weapons and 2 30's and weren't able to get through it until one of the 29's had to leave and we replaced him with a 30. We had a 29 and a 30 on the left, the same on the right, and 2 29's in the very middle. Is there a better way to get through it?

Did you try and fight through the summoning of the legions, or did you hide?

i never used to say bad words until i started playing online shooters, lol

i can rage on my own sometimes, but if i'm in a lobby with other people i try to only do callouts and occasional WTF commentary. playing with people who rage on and on about the lag or about "BS" deaths or about stolen kills just sours the atmosphere. can't enjoy myself like that.

Deku Tree

To 29's: don't get one shot by hobgoblins. Watch out for them.

Go hide in the spiritbloom cave during the "summoning legions parts." In particular at the very end of the fight right before you get the checkpoint you can be just safely hiding in the cave waiting for the legions to despawn.

The right is the easiest part. Try putting two 29s over there. Make sure you are using maxed void weapons. When you see a minataur/pretorian then take out your heavy ammo asap.

coy

m1QF89t.jpg

With gloves for my Warlock dropping yesterday, I was able to hit 30s. I wish I had spent this week doing IB as it is time-limited and, more importantly, farming blows (except for Spirit Bloom, I racked up over 100 of the other three). No matter as the payoff is definitely worth it. Have faith #Forever29 club! Now to catch up on the fall TV season lol so behind.

benjammin

Did you try and fight through the summoning of the legions, or did you hide?

To 29's: don't get one shot by hobgoblins. Watch out for them.

Go hide in the spiritbloom cave during the "summoning legions parts." In particular at the very end of the fight right before you get the checkpoint you can be just safely hiding in the cave waiting for the legions to despawn.

The right is the easiest part. Try putting two 29s over there. Make sure you are using maxed void weapons. When you see a minataur/pretorian then take out your heavy ammo asap.

Oops, we did hide in the spirit bloom cave during the legions. A couple of times we had an issue getting the guys from the right in there before they were overwhelmed by fanatics and harpies, but for the most part it was ok. The biggest issue we had was keeping everyone alive during the second phase. We would lose one person and then quickly get overwhelmed trying to shuffle people around to pick up the slack. Inevitably one hobgoblin or fanatic would get through and everything would fall apart.

Thanks for the advice on keeping people on the right side though, I'll make sure that I keep that in mind for next week.

Valpurgis

Just realised that Glimmer was shared among the three characters while running out of it cuz of IB gear... Which makes all the times I went on an alt to get heavy weapons pack all the more useless!

Why don't they share vanguard and crucible rep then, the idea of grinding all of that again is disheartening.

Deku Tree

Oops, we did hide in the spirit bloom cave during the legions. A couple of times we had an issue getting the guys from the right in there before they were overwhelmed by fanatics and harpies, but for the most part it was ok. The biggest issue we had was keeping everyone alive during the second phase. We would lose one person and then quickly get overwhelmed trying to shuffle people around to pick up the slack. Inevitably one hobgoblin or fanatic would get through and everything would fall apart.

Thanks for the advice on keeping people on the right side though, I'll make sure that I keep that in mind for next week.

If your on the right and can't make it to the spirit bloom cave there is another place over there to hide up high too. Hard to explain where without showing you. Just need to figure out a place to hide where you jump up high.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i never used to say bad words until i started playing online shooters, lol

i can rage on my own sometimes, but if i'm in a lobby with other people i try to only do callouts and occasional WTF commentary. playing with people who rage on and on about the lag or about "BS" deaths or about stolen kills just sours the atmosphere. can't enjoy myself like that.
+1 for me

Lag was getting to me last night and I had some horrible matches, but I generally like to keep it rage-free if I can, ahaha

Hiko

Banned
I gotta say, after using the TLW in PvP, I think it sucks compared to my Red Hand IX with perfect stability. I just don't feel like I have any control with TLW and can't tell whether I'm hitting the target or not. The RH9 takes people down in like three shots and it's so easy to aim. TLW is all style, no substance.

Strider

I wish all games had a spectate feature like Smash Bros :p

It could allow you to watch a crucible match and bet on it beforehand by looking at the players stats such as winrate and K/D... We could beat glimmer and/or materials lol That'd be amazing.

I gotta say, after using the TLW in PvP, I think it sucks compared to my Red Hand IX with perfect stability. I just don't feel like I have any control with TLW and can't tell whether I'm hitting the target or not. The RH9 takes people down in like three shots and it's so easy to aim. TLW is all style, no substance.

I bolded the important part. IMO Last Word is the best handcannon in PvP. Keep practicing with it and you'll get better at controling it.

patchday

My main character, titan, will be leaving the #forever29 club shortly. Got all of the remaining pieces from IB.

That tempered buff really helped pushed me over yesterday

I don't like Control so got very rusty with that gametype. The week started off rough but yesterday got the hang of things and soared from Rank 2 to Rank 4. And that was primarily playing with randoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom