• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeRaSh

Finally some good use for Patience and Time. More fun than IB anyway.

tumblr_lwtvl4uL211qizvnso1_500.gif

Gordon

YES!!! I was hoping for arc burn! Now my Patience & Time, Thunderlord, Arc 77 Wizard and Arc Unfriendly Giant can finally shine.

SkylineRKR

I can only bring a maxed Patience and a maxed Light/Beware with Armor piercing which should work fine.

Dismantled my Zombie, heh. It was a headshot machine though.

Fistwell

Probably been suggested already but... would it be possible to have a small section in the OT specifying the week's weekly, NF, burn, and Xur's location on weekends?

Jinjo

Another week, another exotic helmet I already have. This time for my Hunter, last week it was for my Titan. Ugh. Xur better deliver this weekend.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
My Arc Purifier VII, my god, melting these fools like butter
I haven't had to use P&T or even an IB ammo refresh

Fucking Nuts, just soloed my first NF on Warlock, now Titan up

Took me roughly 20 minutes to solo the NF

Another week, another exotic helmet I already have. This time for my Hunter, last week it was for my Titan. Ugh. Xur better deliver this weekend.

That´s Destiny´s dissapointing RNG cycle right there:

"Lets see what the Nightfall brings to the table! oh shit, i already have that exotic, well then, let´s try the raid...fuck, shards and chatterwhite again!, goddammit Xur, bring the good stuff! what the fuck, sunbreakers and truth again?!?!, shit, maybe next week..."

Every single week is the same lol

If you have say, the exact same weapon in both void and arc, which would do the most damage against void shields with arc burn on?

The shield element is still much more effective than the burn element when taking the shield down. Once its down, the burn element will be more effective on the enemy HP.

ocean

Banned
Running Nightfall solo, if anyone wants to join. a_javierp on PS4, this isn't a hard Strike but having a helping hand would definitely make this faster. Kinda wish I had upgraded my P&T now.

Zakalwe

Banned
The shield element is still much more effective than the burn element when taking the shield down. Once its down, the burn element will be more effective on the enemy HP.

I think the difference between burn and shield type is negligible though. I always just take burn for all shields and it shreds them quickly enough to not even consider matching types.

Arc burn? Nice, my P&T and arc Swarm will get some workout this time.

Completely skipped everything in last week due to CoD, no raids, no nightfalls, no weeklies.

Spiders

I'm okay with arc burn.

Now I finally get to try my Patience and Time and the arc Deviant Gravity-A I bought from Dead Orbit.

Greenymac

So arc burn today?My new Fatebringer gets to devour my enemies....also have patience and time as well as The supremacy for sniping.

Ji66a-Man

This week's Nightfall haul: 6 Strange Coins, 11 Ascendant Energy, and some crap legendary scout rifle. I'm hoping RNGesus blesses me with Praetorian Foil, Hezen Vengeance, Hard Light, and Plan C.

Hadn't touched this game since the last reset so I forgot the reset was about to happen and missed out on my regular raiding partners. Life sucks. Guess I can do it at some other time though. If I cba because destiny is falling down my I want to play it list.

Zakalwe

Banned
Going to play some Destiny now after being granted an unexpected morning off, but I'm actually pining for an Xbox and entry into the Halo 5 beta.

Very surprised how good the MP looks. If only Bungie would release a classic mode with no supers and limited special/heavy ammo...

Le sigh.

coy

Two of us get Monte Carlo as Nightfall reward while the other got an arc Swarm which is what he needed to compliment P&T. A couple more chances tomorrow for the goods.

I thought with holiday that I'd take it easy on the game as I have time during the day. Yet, here I am burning through a Nightfall at the reset.

It certainly is possible, but the general skill and knowledge + luck needs to be high combined with kickass weapons. G-horn is a must. As a team including two 30s we couldn't do it the first few days.

When it comes to 29s it might be actually easier bating the supplicants into exploding rather than shooting them. Or OHK grenades.

Edit: Personally experience showed that the center pillar strategy didn't really work. We spread out and the relic user took out supplicants by using his super. Plus relic super + weapons of light is almost as good as G-horn rocket (if you can hit him)
Should I be proud our group of randoms 5x29 + me 30 beat hard atheon (after 2~ hours)? Zero GHorns. A few of the rest of the group was good and putting up weapons of light and using it. Me being the only 30 was almost always relic holder. We had a rough time figuring out how to handle things when the 30 didn't get ported to grab the relic.

I actually did mention this several times. But I couldn't attest to their positioning because I was ported 90% of the time.

Our wipes seemed to come mostly from the outside group simply dying to supplicants. It wasn't silly deaths running out of the portal.
Huh? I'm pretty sure I saw open portals get closed by supplicants

Lee and Nomi man, sorry I didn't add you! Two other friends joined before I could send you the invite.

It's cool. I was seconds too late haha

I did today's daily strike and got 2 ascendant energy. I don't know what happened earlier. If I do the daily strike again can I get 2 more ascendant shards or energy? Or is it one lot a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom