• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hit 29 finally and was looking forward to this hard raid, but it seems like people really prefer 30s. I get it, it's probably easier, but is doing the hard raid at 29 impossible?

Zocano

First piece of raid gear for my warlock is the helm.

Weird.

Well at least I can just run normal raid on him for the rest.

So after all the quoting and making sure this time no mishap happens, this is the fireteam for 9PM EST for Gatekeepers + Atheon HM twice

1. GarveRobberX
2. Bloodsent
3. patchday
4. lunlunqq
5. Ditters1
6. Sharkjaw

Alt, 1st dibs: babyghost853

Please send a FR to me if I'm not your FL, PSN: GraveRobberX
Will send out invites + party chat @8:55PM and start no later than 9:05-9:10
What the hell Graverobber? I replied before all of them except for Bloodsent. I was online. I thought you cancelled.

Namikaze1

Just hit 29 finally and was looking forward to this hard raid, but it seems like people really prefer 30s. I get it, it's probably easier, but is doing the hard raid at 29 impossible?
It's not impossible. It's doable at 29 but with recent "fixes" and whatnot, people just prefer raiding with 30s. Plus, sometimes, people just want quickly go through it.

If you're playing on PS4, I'll help out but not at the moment. Or today for that matter since I'll most likely be playing Unity.

It's not impossible. It's doable at 29 but with recent "fixes" and whatnot, people just prefer raiding with 30s. Plus, sometimes, people just want quickly go through it.

Exactly. It's really easy to get stuck in a rut, if you have inexperienced players. Especially on Atheon and Gatekeepers. Being 29 does not make this easier.

Jinjo

Just because I got the God of War shader just now, doesn't mean I forgive you, RNGesus. I still hate you.

Haha, I wanted god of war shader for so long and when I got it I was like: this is actually quite ugly lol. Then the game gave me another one in the next cryptarch package...

Fuck you RNGesus

I'm quite happy with the random numbers one on my Titan. Just need the Moctezuma buttscarf now for my Titan. It's just two motes away.

Zocano

Yah. It's sad but this is just the case. Frustrating running it with my 29 alts but I try to help out as much as I can with my 30 titan. I run the hard raid with anyone that asks because it's fun and I know they can use every 30 they can find.

Milennia

k my alt is now the weapon king

last raid he gave me every raid primary, this raid he gave me dupes

hezen vengeance, which i needed
another fate bringer
5th found verdict
another praedyths revenge

my main got 3 pairs of gloves and some boots

Rubenov

Yah. It's sad but this is just the case. Frustrating running it with my 29 alts but I try to help out as much as I can with my 30 titan. I run the hard raid with anyone that asks because it's fun and I know they can use every 30 they can find.

We're doing a Level 30 (and 2x29) hard raid in 45 min. ; if someone bails I'll send you an invite.

Schwabe

RNG is gonna RNG

Pretty sure it doesn't matter since the game rolls a normal and a hard loot drop at once, so you might as well do it on hard once so you're done with it
and you only get disappointed once

alright, thanks for the advice!

Zocano

We're doing a Level 30 (and 2x29) hard raid in 45 min. ; if someone bails I'll send you an invite.

I'm actually going to bed right now ):

Sorry, just bad timing. Was posting real quick after doing a bunch of hard raiding.

If you aren't able to do it then, feel free to send me an FR and we can group later.

Namikaze1

That's something I noticed a lot recently. Many have been solely asking for 30s for hard raid runs. It sucks for those still stuck on 29. It's not that people don't want to play with you or that they don't want to raid with 29s. It's because of Bungie and their "fixes". Their "fixes" essiantially alienated those under 30 because people don't want to deal with the frustration the raid brings.

Some people have jobs or class to get to so they want to finish the raid as quickly as possible. Others just want the loot.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Did the nightfall with all my 3 chars, got absolutely shit primary weapons (all legendaries). I suppose Vanquisher VII is a good rifle but meh.

Namikaze1

My advice for when taking a group of 29s through the raid is to have a minimum of two level 30s on the team. These two 30s will be on relic duties during the gatekeepers and Athean phase since they can take a but more damage than a 29 before dying. As for the Conflux phase, you want both 30s on left since left gets overrun fast. Two 29s with Gjallahorn or a similar rocket launcher should be jumping between left and middle, helping out with taking out ads and killing quickly any Minotaurs that spawn on middle. Right should have a Titan Defender with either Blessing of Light or Weapon of Light. I prefer BoL for the extra shield since all of my weapons equipped are maxed and takes out ads in two-three shots. But that's up to you.

That's something I noticed a lot recently. Many have been solely asking for 30s for hard raid runs. It sucks for those still stuck on 29. It's not that people don't want to play with you or that they don't want to raid with 29s. It's because of Bungie and their "fixes". Their "fixes" essiantially alienated those under 30 because people don't want to deal with the frustration the raid brings.

Some people have jobs or class to get to so they want to finish the raid as quickly as possible. Others just want the loot.

Yep it's beyond fucking ridiculous, I've got one 30 and two characters that are a pair of boots away. I've got a few cool dudes on my friendlist who aren't dicks about it but LFG is now useless for me on those 29's. Why they'd make progression completely RNG based is beyond me, especially when there's such a large power differential between 29 and 30.

EL CUCO

I'm convinced that I'm a level 30
trapped in a 29's armour
I guess the game doesn't want to make me OP.

Namikaze1

Yep it's beyond fucking ridiculous, I've got one 30 and two characters that are a pair of boots away. I've got a few cool dudes on my friendlist who aren't dicks about it but LFG is now useless for me on those 29's. Why they'd make progression completely RNG based is beyond me, especially when there's such a large power differential between 29 and 30.
It really is ridiculous and I fully blame Bungie for it. I'm thankful I have a team that will carry my 29 Hunter through the raid.

If you need someone to help out with the raid, just hit me up. I have two level 30s to help out with (and a 29 that still needs gear). I don't know if I'll be raiding today though since I'll most likely be playing Unity.

LiK

k my alt is now the weapon king

last raid he gave me every raid primary, this raid he gave me dupes

hezen vengeance, which i needed
another fate bringer
5th found verdict
another praedyths revenge

my main got 3 pairs of gloves and some boots

How goes your Titan leveling up? Gonna do more tonight?

Alucrid

Banned

yeah that's definitely true for destinylfg or other sites, but i find gaf tends to be fairly accommodating

LiK

still 11 =p yeah def up for more tonight, hope we can find someone to power level us

Yea, it's definitely needed. I managed to get another subclass upgrade last night so I made my Warlock less squishy.

You should do PVP, more fun and leveling up seems pretty good there.

Yea, it's definitely needed. I managed to get another subclass upgrade last night so I made my Warlock less squishy.

I'm going to help cyborg power level after we finish our 3x3x3. At GK #3 now, shouldn't take too much longer. I need to level my last piece of raid gear to have Lv30 for each class.

E92 M3

I did an LFG hard raid yesterday with random and we killed Atheon in one portal run. Ballerhorn hype is real - forgot how useful that gun can be at eviscerating everything.

Milennia

I'm going to help cyborg power level after we finish our 3x3x3. At GK #3 now, shouldn't take too much longer. I need to level my last piece of raid gear to have Lv30 for each class.

woot lets get this shit done

LiK

Well, I won't be home until evening so if you wanna help us, let us know. I'm frankly avoiding all Raids until I get a new DS4. Besides, just wanna get the subclass trophies atm, haha

Got 3 spots open for a hard raid, would prefer to fill them with level 30 gaffers.

Anyone down?

Psn: ThirdROB

Edit: Asking for 30's because two of us are already 29 and new to hard mode.

patchday

I don't blame them even though all my characters are L29.

Last night we had 4 L29s and 2 L30s. Mishaps kept happening at the Gatekeepers phase. We did not complete it

I'm not even worried bout the loot. I just want to get through gatekeepers smoothly. Granted, PSN gave me some issues as well making it so I couldn't hear 2 of the raid members.

Got my NAT issues resolved now at least

Well, I won't be home until evening so if you wanna help us, let us know. I'm frankly avoiding all Raids until I get a new DS4. Besides, just wanna get the subclass trophies atm, haha

Yeah, if I'm still around when you get home I will help. We can do some skirmish or something.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
yawn

morning GAF

grats LordofPwn

hee 81 posts in the last hour

Seeing as there are a number of reflections on our lord here, I should share that I had a Legendary special weapon engram drop for me yesterday - only the second Legendary engram drop in 100 hours of play. 2 Ascendant Energy were bestowed upon me. Praise RNGesus!
Seriously, fuck that guy.

it was an engram, you know who to blame for this.

Hiko

Banned
10 strange coins from the nightfall. Wonderful. I've gotten better weapons from Tiger strikes. Suros, Universal Remote, Red Death, Monte Carlo, and several legendaries.

Well at least I'll be able to buy whatever I want from Xur.

Ikkarus

Got 3 spots open for a hard raid, would prefer to fill them with level 30 gaffers.

Anyone down?

Psn: ThirdROB

Edit: Asking for 30's because two of us are already 29 and new to hard mode.
I'm Lvl 29 but done the Hard Raid multiple times if you need me.

PSN = Ikkarus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom