• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinjo

That´s Destiny´s dissapointing RNG cycle right there:

"Lets see what the Nightfall brings to the table! oh shit, i already have that exotic, well then, let´s try the raid...fuck, shards and chatterwhite again!, goddammit Xur, bring the good stuff! what the fuck, sunbreakers and truth again?!?!, shit, maybe next week..."

Every single week is the same lol

Lol so true. You just live for those moments it does give you what you want though.

Mrgamer

My main is a 29 warlock which I'm very happy with. Last week I decided to make a hunter for fun since I had some legendary gear and exotics for that class. And also to be able to run the weekly/raid twice. Got him up to 26 after much grinding. Honestly the hunter seems like a complete downgrade from the warlock. Gunslinger is pointless for high level pve since my regular weapons seem to be much more effective. Bladedancer is pointless other than for going stealth. Definitely prefer glide over triple jump as I can cover way more distance. And then you have self revive and fusion grenades and flame shield, etc. So far the only good hunter ability is chain of woe.

I think I'm just going to delete the hunter and make two warlock alts. Not only would it be way less work (I only have to level up to 20 and I'm done, don't have to level up any extra gear), but it's just easier to focus on one character instead of two.

Same here but already have 3, main exo male and its bitches 2 awoken females :).

someday

Banned
Just solo'd Nightfall with my warlock and got the Plox pulse rifle that I really don't want. I'll try again tomorrow with my main Titan and my Hunter. Also hoping to do the regular raid since it's a vacation day from school.

Hadn't touched this game since the last reset so I forgot the reset was about to happen and missed out on my regular raiding partners. Life sucks. Guess I can do it at some other time though. If I cba because destiny is falling down my I want to play it list.

Yo Yzen, sorry we missed you, we were trying to wait but I didn't see you online so I wasn't sure if you were running it this week. We just finished the first hard raid in ~1 hr, using the oracles checkpoint we are back to Gorgons now so hopefully it won't take too long to finish.

You know I'll still run that shit with you later though buddy! I'm sure lots of people will be looking to do hard raids for the reset.

Yo Yzen, sorry we missed you, we were trying to wait but I didn't see you online so I wasn't sure if you were running it this week. We just finished the first hard raid in ~1 hr, using the oracles checkpoint we are back to Gorgons now so hopefully it won't take too long to finish.

You know I'll still run that shit with you later though buddy! I'm sure lots of people will be looking to do hard raids for the reset.

Yo dude no problem, it's a holiday here so my girlfriend didn't leave for work which meant I wasn't even awake. You did the right thing. I don't know if I'll have time to run it today but we should hookup sometime this week. And next week should be business as usual.

JayEH

The raid and nightfall were not kind to me. Corrective measure and ass shards for raid. Fucking Prudence II for Nightfall.

Hopefully the hard raid will bring some boots.

#Forever29

X-Frame

My Arc Purifier VII, my god, melting these fools like butter
I haven't had to use P&T or even an IB ammo refresh

Fucking Nuts, just soloed my first NF on Warlock, now Titan up

Took me roughly 20 minutes to solo the NF

Nice! Don't a lot, if not all of the Fallen use arc weapons though? Just kept your distance?

Namikaze1

Nightfall rewards so far:
Some shitty legendary scout rifle
8 Ass energy

Are you punishing me for getting two Hawkmoons on Sunday, RNGesus?!

Rixa

Yesterday got to level 27 and today I shall lose my raid virginity, other team members have done normal raid before many times. Dunno when Iam going to do my first Nightfall.

I was joining to raid party as level 26 but got Van Guard reputation to 4th level and thanks to it got some legendary items (hand armor, bond, 1 coin, 1 mote) to dismantle -> few ass shards, raise chest to max -> level raise.

Zakalwe

Banned
Congrats dude! I helped ruthless run a NF yesterday and he got his first HM as well.

Btw, join on our fire team if you want to do some hard raiding.

Ah, my friends asked me to run nightfall and Hardmode with them. Should really as I neglected them entirely during our two week flawless spamfest.

Let me know when you're doing your third to see if we sync up.

Steroyd

Come on RNGesus I pray to thee, I only need.

Exotic:
Hawkmoon
The Last Word
Red Death

Raid:
Hunter - Everything but boots
Warlock - Just the boots
Praetorians Foil
Vex Mythoclast

And I think I'll have all 150 Pokemon.

Of course my Hunter only gets a raid boots drop. >_>

What will my Warlock drop for me I wonder.

Jinjo

Woo hoo, first good nightfall drop - legendary engram turned into a Thunderlord! :D

That's my third. Fuck you RNGesus

Lol. I am anxiously awaiting my fourth Gjallarhorn sometime soon. It's my favourite exotic though (from the ones I have) so I'm gonna level all of them. One for all my characters lol.

I have fond memories of my Thunderlord as it was my first exotic in the game though.

excowboy

Seeing as there are a number of reflections on our lord here, I should share that I had a Legendary special weapon engram drop for me yesterday - only the second Legendary engram drop in 100 hours of play. 2 Ascendant Energy were bestowed upon me. Praise RNGesus!
Seriously, fuck that guy.

ocean

Banned
My level 9 Hunter has Exotic Helm, Chest (x2) and Gauntlets as well as Legendary Chest and Boots waiting for him.

Now if I could just summon the energy to grind up to 20...

Greenymac

My level 9 Hunter has Exotic Helm, Chest (x2) and Gauntlets as well as Legendary Chest and Boots waiting for him.

I need to start a titan...Have a whole armor set waiting for it. That grinding tho!

MrMuscle

Oh man id do that for you if i could. I have all my 3 guardians to 28-29 and i miss the 1-20 leveling part so much. When you go thru that you actually get excited about rewards and drops again!

Ugh, another SUROS from my first of 3 NF runs. Back when the rifle hit Xür I loved it, now I'm so sick of seeing this POS flash up on my loot screen.

Please, Ghorn, make me happy and come unto me somewhere in the next 2 runs.

Jinjo

Dear Guardians ... should i play hard mode only, or first normal and after that hard. does loot differ?

You just save yourself the normal playthrough since you get double the loot from hard from bosses and that single chest if you haven't played through normal. There are certain hard mode only drops though such as Fatebringer and the raid helmet.

Schwabe

You just save yourself the normal playthrough since you get double the loot from hard from bosses and that single chest if you haven't played through normal. There are certain hard mode only drops though such as Fatebringer and the raid helmet.

Okay, i have a 29 titan who only needs the boots to get to 30 ... so i wonder if it would be better to do it two times or just one time. i don't really trust RNGesus anymore... two helmets, no boots >_>

Ji66a-Man

This week's haul from 3 hard raids: Hezen Vengeance, Hard Light, 2 Gjallarhorns, and other forgettable raid gear. Still missing Praetorian Foil and Plan C to complete my raid and exotic weapon collection.

Jinjo

Okay, i have a 29 titan who only needs the boots to get to 30 ... so i wonder if it would be better to do it two times or just one time. i don't really trust RNGesus anymore... two helmets, no boots >_>

RNG is gonna RNG

Pretty sure it doesn't matter since the game rolls a normal and a hard loot drop at once, so you might as well do it on hard once so you're done with it
and you only get disappointed once

Congrats dude! I helped ruthless run a NF yesterday and he got his first HM as well.

Btw, join on our fire team if you want to do some hard raiding.

The doctor is my lucky charm. First time raiding with him I got raid boots I was missing for a month. First time an exotic from gorgon chest. First nightfall with him and I got hawkmoon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom