• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
no one knows anything about how the new items will be upgraded, the role of old materials, how old exotics will be improved, if the new materials are for base upgrades or something else, or really much of anything at all on the topic, lol

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
no one knows anything about how the new items will be upgraded, the role of old materials, how old exotics will be improved, if the new materials are for base upgrades or something else, or really much of anything at all on the topic, lol

GI covered the topic when they were out. Coverage should be thorough. :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/2168530919

Check that link out to see how the New Raid Weapons are upgraded.

You do need the new materials to upgrade the raid weapons.
oh alright.

weird, this is different than any other weapon so far
it needs (total)

24 each of helium filaments, spinmetal, spirit blooms, and relic iron
12 "radiant energy" (new legendary upgrade material)
1 "crux of crota" (exotic upgrade material)

its unique upgrade also seems to be the final thing you unlock (with the crux of crota). odd stuff!
GI covered the topic when they were out. Coverage should be thorough. :)
Hey nice! Thanks for the response.

Plenty of stuff I still have yet to upgrade that needs my attention in the next 16 days...

edit:
Not my SUROS Regime though. soon as I get these last couple headshots it's back in the vault >:O

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I just had a level 8 on my team. We were getting destroyed so all I decided to do was just throw grenades and melee.

Just came back to Destiny after two weeks away, wanted to try some Iron Banner.

On the post-game screen, the announcer now announces, "Heavy ammo inbound!", nearly every time. Okay, weird.

Then I finally get to try the remodeled Blind Watch... It takes forever to load, people show up twice for the posing before the match. Then the match starts, and the screen is totally black until I get killed. Must've only affected my team because we all had 0s, while the other team already had over 1500 points. Video (spoiler: it's mostly of black screen)

VPxVNhY.jpg

eEbkZF1.jpg

Anyone else having these or similar issues? I haven't been able to find mention of them.

Edit: and now the game just dumped me into an in-progress match, on the winning team. yep, definitely broken.

Strider

Yea I mean I could just be throwing out bullshit lol But I didn't state it as fact just as leaked. I personaly believe it to be true in some form though based on all the other leaked info that did turn out to be true.

And in basically every kind of expansion I've ever bought for a lootbased game there is always new mats to upgrade the new gear... so.. yea :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yea I mean I could just be throwing out bullshit lol But I didn't state it as fact just as leaked. I personaly believe it to be true in some form though based on all the other leaked info that did turn out to be true.

And in basically every kind of expansion I've ever bought for a lootbased game there is always new mats to upgrade the new gear... so.. yea :p
yeah you can see what that one raid legendary needs, it seems to be the old planetary materials, a smaller amount of the new energy material, and one of the new exotic upgrade materials
So glimmer grind? I'm rank 4 and want to buy 3 pieces of IB gear.

Do I keep waking the hive while waxed?
Apparently the real best one is the beginning of "The Exclusion Zone" with all the Cabal and resupply codes, but I can show you one I like on Venus if you have lots of Blue Polyphage too

Do the first Mars mission, the very first encounter, if you put a modifier on puts you against around 10 or so cabal Ultras. You use the cabal item, and you make around 300-400 glimmer before you wipe to reset the cycle.

EDIT: Beaten by Hawkian ^

yeah you can see what that one raid legendary needs, it seems to be the old planetary materials, a smaller amount of the new energy material, and one of the new exotic upgrade materials

Apparently the real best one is the beginning of "The Exclusion Zone" with all the Cabal and resupply codes, but I can show you one I like on Venus if you have lots of Blue Polyphage too

So the new material farming seems worse? 24 of each material?

My first full night in a long time doing Crucible for IB has not changed my mind that it is an awful, laggy, spam filled mess of an online game.

Fuck this bullshit.

Didn't even get a medallion for that loss. What the...

TTG

Got ANOTHER exotic bounty. Invective or Juju. Is Invective any good?

Wait until the update before cashing in to see how Bad Juju is buffed. Reason I mention this is because that bounty is a slog, unless you're one of those weirdos that likes to grind strikes and juju right now is worthless. Invective is excellent, but it's still second to Found Verdict(which is legendary to boot).

Mupod

these disconnects are so absurd. I can be watching people run around, playing a crucible match, whatever. Yet it still feels the need to boot me out of the game.

edit: ANOTHER one. This is unplayable, wtf are they doing?

Wait until the update before cashing in to see how Bad Juju is buffed. Reason I mention this is because that bounty is a slog, unless you're one of those weirdos that likes to grind strikes and juju right now is worthless. Invective is excellent, but it's still second to Found Verdict(which is legendary to boot).

Yeah, I was considering that on Juju. Hmm.

I'm staring at the screen where I choose between bounties... If I dismiss, do I lose them or will they still be there when I talk to the bot again?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I can show you whenever, but basically you go left from spawn, past the ember caves until the big open area, there are tons of quickly respawning vex, most notably 3 yellow minotaurs (2 up on a platform alone, and 1 with two regular minotaurs by a conflux thing)... also some yellow hobgoblins and public events that spawn some... i love it.

TTG

Yeah, I was considering that on Juju. Hmm.

I'm staring at the screen where I choose between bounties... If I dismiss, do I lose them or will they still be there when I talk to the bot again?

You won't lose anything, the missive will stay in your inventory just like any other bounty.

DesertFox

Iron Banner has been good to my level 28 main. Got 2 pieces of level 30 gear and a legendary void heavy machine gun - which was the last element I needed for my purple HMG collection. Thanks Bungie! We need more events like this!

Strider

Notriced your FR late Haybro, sorrry about that but thanks for letting me join :D Hopefully that engram wil turn into something good for you.

Judgement VI from the Nightfall for me. Ass energy incoming.

Mupod

I can show you whenever, but basically you go left from spawn, past the ember caves until the big open area, there are tons of quickly respawning vex, most notably 3 yellow minotaurs (2 up on a platform alone, and 1 with two regular minotaurs by a conflux thing)... also some yellow hobgoblins and public events that spawn some... i love it.

I tried this out and while it did work (I even got some events done), it's nowhere near as fast as farming exclusion zone.

I've got every iron banner item now except the second tier emblem, I got both weapons and the ship as drops. I'll probably grab the emblem tomorrow just for completion's sake.

I'd like to reroll the scout rifle a few times but I only got 6 motes left...and the game boots me out every 5 minutes.

Just wanted to check in case I misread the Destiny Facebook post, Iron Banner goes until the Tuesday reset, correct?
Still a bit from Rank 3 and I need to grind some glimmer before finally getting some raid level gear.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I tried this out and while it did work (I even got some events done), it's nowhere near as fast as farming exclusion zone.

I've got every iron banner item now except the second tier emblem, I got both weapons and the ship as drops. I'll probably grab the emblem tomorrow just for completion's sake.

I'd like to reroll the scout rifle a few times but I only got 6 motes left...and the game boots me out every 5 minutes.
well... the reason I originally ever brought it up was that someone (you?) said they had very few resupply codes.

That farm (and honestly waking the hive with the mythoclast) is faster for pure glimmer/minute, but the one on venus is quite fast and also allows you to collect lots of spirit bloom, do patrols, and public events.

Haybro

Notriced your FR late Haybro, sorrry about that but thanks for letting me join :D Hopefully that engram wil turn into something good for you.

Judgement VI from the Nightfall for me. Ass energy incoming.

No worries, thanks for jumping in. Engram turned into Admonisher III rocket launcher (aka Ass Energy).

So, it looks like the new Exotic weapon attack cap is 331?

tAyaF3Jl.jpg

Dark Below exotics start at 302 attack and new legendaries will start at 272 attack.

Disappointing. It means all the Raid legendaries I've been working so hard to get are going to be obsolete. At least Bungie is providing a way to upgrade current exotics.

Source.

Mupod

well... the reason I originally ever brought it up was that someone (you?) said they had very few resupply codes.

That farm (and honestly waking the hive with the mythoclast) is faster for pure glimmer/minute, but the one on venus is quite fast and also allows you to collect lots of spirit bloom, do patrols, and public events.

Yeah it was me. The thing is...doing Exclusion Zone got me more resupply codes than I was using. You also get TONS of network keys which add up to a lot of money.

In other news: rerolled the IB scout rifle once and got fitted stock/red dot sight/third eye on the first try. Aw yiss.

NeOak

You mean the cave where the mini conflux is?

LiK

Atheon's Epilogue maxed out and one more upgrade for Corrective Measure to max that. Gonna try for Thorn bounty tomorrow and see how it goes.

So, it looks like the new Exotic weapon attack cap is 331?

tAyaF3Jl.jpg

Dark Below exotics start at 302 attack and new legendaries will start at 272 attack.

Disappointing. It means all the Raid legendaries I've been working so hard to get are going to be obsolete. At least Bungie is providing a way to upgrade current exotics.

Source.

So this is the new Atheon's Epilogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom