• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

i don't think the IB hunter boots are half bad. don't like them too much with the million million shader but it'll be nice to play around with different ones when the banner falls. i hate the raid gloves so much i might get the gloves too.

raid hunter gauntlets are hideous. Cant stand it.

Future

My friend is determined to convince me that Bladedancer is OP in PVP. It's simply not.

It's pretty op. People mash the melee to oblivion making them hard to shoot and can wipe entire teams. Sure you can counter, but I see it wrecking shit way more than seeing successful counters. The problem is the counter takes a little bit of skill, while blade dancing requires near none with super homing slashes.

Combine that with tight maps with lots of corners and a control mode that encourages a pool of players to be near each other... This shit owns. I think it could use a littler Nerf that makes blade dancing a little more skillful. Why the super bar doesn't drain more when dashing is beyond me

scoobs

so watching the game informer video that previews the dlc... seems like all the new weapons/armor will just be way better than the current ones. I suspect using time/resources on upgrading anything right now is pretty wasteful.

NeOak

Says no device detected. Too lazy to figure it out now.

I guess no goodies for me since I already did this already this week? I'm getting nothing from the loot chests.

Yeah, its only once per week. Hard mode counts as separate though.

Use the PS4 built in share?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah, its only once per week. Hard mode counts as separate though.

Use the PS4 built in share?

I'm hoping to run normal until I get some better weapons for hard mode. I also only need 15 shards to get to 30.

I have my own capture card which does much better quality. Can stream at 1080p 60fps if need be.

I have a Peruns Fire with accelerated coils (or hammer forged) and Rangefinder...not sure if I want to reroll until I get something better than Rangefinder (which is a +4% to range and 16% bonus to falloff damage) or if I should just leave it.

The other perk is Life Support which seems pretty useless.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I remember when Reach came out and I complained about nades and bloom causing DMR randomness. Playing this game makes me pine for those days.

Manp

So I'm level 29 approaching rank 4 in IB and I'm two raid pieces away from 30.

Do I buy the gauntlets to put me one step closer (but still so far) to 30 or get the fusion rifle?

I've heard Light/Beware is pretty much on par with it. Do I just grab that instead or is the Perun's Run worth it?

nonsense... Light/Beware is solar, you can reforge and get a sweet arc or void fusion rifle.
unless you got a different element Light/Beware, but you can still reforge and get a different element on the IB fusion rifle.

and btw, just farm some glimmer and get both

:)

Future

they're inexplicable. i'd gladly equip nothing instead if it wouldn't affect my light.

It's a super -_-

Yeah. So supers can't be op? What other super wipes out entire teams with ease? With the freedom to kill multiples a large distance away from each other? With almost no penalty or skill required to execute?

Anyone that's been on the receiving end has experienced some of this ridiculousness. The way to Nerf it is to simply penalizing mashing. If you miss a melee strike it should take a significant portion of super bar. That alone would make players think a bit before activating and it would stop the mindless zig zagging you see

Midas

If you look at Eris Morn's inventory, it seems like you can buy
radiant energies and shards
. Or at least trade something for them. That's nice.

Gordon

So I just farmed up the glimmer for Perun's Fire and bought it. Holy cow, whoever was saying it was more-or-less comparable to Light/Beware was just glancing at the stats. Wow, the charge rate is impressive, and I haven't even unlocked the accelerated coils perk yet. I rerolled mine until it had accelerated coils, the thing that rewards reserve ammo for kills, and melees increase reload. Kinda meh, but I don't have enough motes to comfortably reroll without worrying about losing accelerated coils.

Finally reached lvl. 5 in IB. Only rare drops I got were 2 Timur's lashes. Now to grind for glimmer so I can buy the gloves, boots, shader, and maybe the fusion rifle.

HighOnPCP

I hope Bungie comes up with another rarity above exotic sometime in the future.
Exotics don't feel special at all to be honest.

Also Exotic Shaders, Class Items, Ships and Sparrows please.

Lima

I kinda like it. If you're playing with a team you can just hold B & C down the entire match.

That's what makes it terrible. It's so fucking lopsided it's not even funny. And it's super boring when you are winning because you just sit there waiting for people to come in.

raindoc

Got a Suros from playing Iron Banner. Not particularly interested in this rifle, but I'll keep it around - if only for those AR-headshot bounties.
Question is: Upgrades - Yay or Nay?
I heard some talk that it works better in PvP without any upgrades?

Shito

I'm going to guess level 30, because Destiny likes to do stuff like that.
If it's anything like the regular game, she will give 31 gear, and the raid will drop 32 gear.

I have a Peruns Fire with accelerated coils (or hammer forged) and Rangefinder...not sure if I want to reroll until I get something better than Rangefinder (which is a +4% to range and 16% bonus to falloff damage) or if I should just leave it.

The other perk is Life Support which seems pretty useless.
You have what's probably the best combo. :)

Yeah. So supers can't be op? What other super wipes out entire teams with ease? With the freedom to kill multiples a large distance away from each other? With almost no penalty or skill required to execute?
The Striker's one? Can't wipe targets a large distance away from each other, but it's balanced by its invincibility and quickness.
I die way more because of this super than the bladedancer one.

I would only slightly nerf the bladedancer's super armor.

Kensuke

Hell yeah, just got the last exotic bounty I needed. After this I'll only need Thunderlord and Hawkmoon to get all exotics. I'm not too worried about Thunderlord, I'm sure Xur will eventually sell it. Hawkmoon could take forever though.

darkwing

Hell yeah, just got the last exotic bounty I needed. After this I'll only need Thunderlord and Hawkmoon to get all exotics. I'm not too worried about Thunderlord, I'm sure Xur will eventually sell it. Hawkmoon could take forever though.

It took me about 530+ strikes to get

Jinjo

They just need to buff most of the exotics up to the level of Suros, Gjallarhorn and Icebreaker. Those are the only weapons really worthy of the name "exotic".

Got a Suros from playing Iron Banner. Not particularly interested in this rifle, but I'll keep it around - if only for those AR-headshot bounties.
Question is: Upgrades - Yay or Nay?
I heard some talk that it works better in PvP without any upgrades?

It's one of the top 3 exotics in the game, mostly due to its upgrades. Don't listen to the people who say to keep it vanilla. The slower fire rate is great for getting easy headshots and you do get the bonus damage too. I use it in Iron Banner exclusively, yes I am one of those people.

Midas

There are some exotic class items found in data mining, which seems related to Eris.

DjRalford

I've played 15 IB games this morning, I've had 6 on rusted lands, 4 on Twighlight gap and 5 in blind watch

Venus been taken out of rotation or something

broony

New Dark Below stuff looks great. I now need to get the flawless raid out the way before it launches. Going to be weird playing stuff where I have no idea what is going to happen. Can't wait.

HunRevan

Wait what? The Iron Banner bounty don't restock? Oh I am at the beginning of level 3. I hope I will reach level 4 today because I need that hunter gauntlet....

Edti: nevermind. It did restock... phew.

Acrylic7

Playing a Tiger strike and some guy was shooting through my Titans bubble shield. Does armor piercing rounds do that or was that a glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom