• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lima

So watching that vidoc about dark below you see one part of the raid and them fighting lvl 30 enemies. I doubt that was on hard so bring this bitch.

TTG

Iron Banner has been good to my level 28 main. Got 2 pieces of level 30 gear and a legendary void heavy machine gun - which was the last element I needed for my purple HMG collection. Thanks Bungie! We need more events like this!

I am a bit ambivalent. Level 30 gear is a big plus, so are unique drops, everything else has been underwhelming. For starters, I don't at all like the imbalance induced by level advantages. It seems people overjoyed by the new IB are those who spend a ton of time in pve and have been reluctant to try the Crucible due to a lack of skill(I'm being nice). The balance between pvp and pve is quite possibly the best thing Destiny has going for it, it's not meant to be CS(as we've discussed a number of times), but it's good. It cost me an afternoon of mat. farming to get my alt to 29, but not everyone can just brute force their way from 25-27 to 29 in one play session. I've been on the other end of one hit melees as a 27 and later the recipient of a sticky grenade that wasn't fatal at 29, not fun in either case.

The other thing that I look back on as a missed opportunity are the weapons for sale. IB gear is pvp's answer for raid gear, wouldn't it be cool if that scout rifle was as good as VoC? I don't know enough about fusion rifles so I'll leave that alone, but other IB weapons are of normal legendary stock, raid weapons are clearly a cut above.

CLBridges

That vidoc has me really anticipating the new content. Of course, the raid is my main draw but I'm glad for the new story/strike missions to. I need to go ahead and order this, been procrastinating for some reason.

TTG

So, it looks like the new Exotic weapon attack cap is 331?

tAyaF3Jl.jpg

Dark Below exotics start at 302 attack and new legendaries will start at 272 attack.

What's that ability next to the element? Maybe that will save it. God, the max fire rate auto rifles are such crap, even with that stability I don't see it being fun to use.

Despite pre-ordering the legendary edition (and the wizard shirt!) just got around to starting this game (aka, finally got sick of diablo and drive club) so I've started a character and am working my way through the story, a couple missions left of the moon.

I love it so far, story is kind of interesting but I am pleasantly entertained! If anyone wants to add me, PSN = blacksalad_

I want to try to get the hang of things before the expansion, so any advice outside of the info in the OP is greatly appreciated!

I played the alpha and the beta but kind of put this game on the back burner until closer to the expansions because of all the hate it seemed to get. I think people are more bitter about expectations rather than the quality of the game. It is very well made and I can see myself trying to reach max level and getting into PvP.

I never tried PvP in the alpha or beta, but I did try it today and of course, I got smoked. Most of my kills come from Melee, haha, so at least I feel good about myself for that (but felt bad for not contributing)

Look forward to joining in the fun!

Mupod

My friend is determined to convince me that Bladedancer is OP in PVP. It's simply not.

arc blade is annoying but my main issue with them is blink strike magically one shotting me from the front. That shit used to happen all the time in halo but at least everybody had a relatively equal chance of lag-backstabbing.

basically what I'm saying is if you want to be destiny pro mlg you need to get on mcdonalds wifi while watching 1080p twitch streams.

Despite pre-ordering the legendary edition (and the wizard shirt!) just got around to starting this game (aka, finally got sick of diablo and drive club) so I've started a character and am working my way through the story, a couple missions left of the moon.

I love it so far, story is kind of interesting but I am pleasantly entertained! If anyone wants to add me, PSN = blacksalad_

I want to try to get the hang of things before the expansion, so any advice outside of the info in the OP is greatly appreciated!

I played the alpha and the beta but kind of put this game on the back burner until closer to the expansions because of all the hate it seemed to get. I think people are more bitter about expectations rather than the quality of the game. It is very well made and I can see myself trying to reach max level and getting into PvP.

I never tried PvP in the alpha or beta, but I did try it today and of course, I got smoked. Most of my kills come from Melee, haha, so at least I feel good about myself for that (but felt bad for not contributing)

Look forward to joining in the fun!
Don't play any mission that's higher than your level. If you're stuck, do bounties until you hit that level.

If you don't mind soloing, I say take it slow doing missions your first playthrough. No need to rush, enjoy the game and mechanics for what they are. After you finish the story and start grinding, then you can learn how to rush and skip everything.

So I'm level 29 approaching rank 4 in IB and I'm two raid pieces away from 30.

Do I buy the gauntlets to put me one step closer (but still so far) to 30 or get the fusion rifle?

I've heard Light/Beware is pretty much on par with it. Do I just grab that instead or is the Perun's Run worth it?

Lima

Level wise we can assume now that it's the same deal as the VoG. Normal will probably be lvl 28 and enemies level up as you go so being 30 will be recommended.

Gordon

So after some pretty late join-ins, including one where I had time to move about 10 feet before the match ended, and one where I didn't even finish spawning, I was getting pretty sick of jip. Free medallions are okay I guess, but like seriously. So Bungie/RNGesus/the universe decided to be a sarcastic prick and let me suffer 2v6 for ten solid minutes without even so much as a jip and quit. I can't even. At least I hit rank four. Now I'm off to spend some time with three good friends of mine in a little bunker on Earth.

Dude FUCK this game. For months the stupid raid gloves didn't drop for my titan and now as soon as I get the iron banner arms and level them up it drops for me.

Got some sick drops this raid though. Prydeth's Timepiece and Thunderlord from Atheon :3

Gordon

I just dismantled the IB gauntlets and it didn't give me any shards. 9k for just 2 pieces of plasteel.
Bungie learned their lesson with the queen gear - wouldn't want anybody using an exploit to get a ridiculous pile of shards - they're a very rare and sought-after commodity lol

Steroyd

Level wise we can assume now that it's the same deal as the VoG. Normal will probably be lvl 28 and enemies level up as you go so being 30 will be recommended.

Reccomended yes, but the no perma death means level 29's will be okay as well.

gatti-man

I am a bit ambivalent. Level 30 gear is a big plus, so are unique drops, everything else has been underwhelming. For starters, I don't at all like the imbalance induced by level advantages. It seems people overjoyed by the new IB are those who spend a ton of time in pve and have been reluctant to try the Crucible due to a lack of skill(I'm being nice). The balance between pvp and pve is quite possibly the best thing Destiny has going for it, it's not meant to be CS(as we've discussed a number of times), but it's good. It cost me an afternoon of mat. farming to get my alt to 29, but not everyone can just brute force their way from 25-27 to 29 in one play session. I've been on the other end of one hit melees as a 27 and later the recipient of a sticky grenade that wasn't fatal at 29, not fun in either case.

The other thing that I look back on as a missed opportunity are the weapons for sale. IB gear is pvp's answer for raid gear, wouldn't it be cool if that scout rifle was as good as VoC? I don't know enough about fusion rifles so I'll leave that alone, but other IB weapons are of normal legendary stock, raid weapons are clearly a cut above.

There are plenty of 1 hit melee attacks in destiny pvp and all sticky grenades when stuck should kill. So im not really sure what your complaining about really. IB is supposed to be a bring what you got mode. Its fun and temporary.

Deku Tree

So, it looks like the new Exotic weapon attack cap is 331?

tAyaF3Jl.jpg

Dark Below exotics start at 302 attack and new legendaries will start at 272 attack.

Disappointing. It means all the Raid legendaries I've been working so hard to get are going to be obsolete. At least Bungie is providing a way to upgrade current exotics.

Source.

That means we don't need any more vault space at least.

gatti-man

Do I buy the gauntlets to put me one step closer (but still so far) to 30 or get the fusion rifle?

I've heard Light/Beware is pretty much on par with it. Do I just grab that instead or is the Perun's Run worth it?
Light/beware

Gordon

With Perun's Run you can reroll for accelerated coils. Also I think it's slightly faster charging than L/B to begin with. The only legendary FR with a shorter charge time that I'm aware of is FWC's The Cure.

But yeah, why not both? Spend an hour farming the exalted hive dudes on cosmodrome patrol and you'll have enough.

Deku Tree

Dat Impact of the Necrochasm :(

Dat headshots sometimes make your enemies explode like a cursed thrall perk though. :)

Two things I just noticed in th GI video. They say Eris will sell weapons and armor in it... Wonder what light level you can get to with Eris' armor. Second thing, are they showing the entrance to the new raid at about 2:20 in the video. It looks like the entrance is making a one way trip controlled drop directly into the Hellmouth.

I'm in. No mic but I can listen. This will be my second raid. Did one with Neo and lord yesterday.

Chowder, I just played with you guys (jaguwar) but my roommate needs to do the raid. PSN is turtleshankflyer if you want to add him.

Alright looking for 4 more to run VoG normal on PS4.

1) MrChowderClam (29)
2) Tokems (30)
3) Kadey1up (29)
4) turtleshankflyer (29)
5) hetchi (29)
6) mildsoss

Edit: full!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i don't think the IB hunter boots are half bad. don't like them too much with the million million shader but it'll be nice to play around with different ones when the banner falls. i hate the raid gloves so much i might get the gloves too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom