• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMuscle

Got my Titan to IB rank 3 and Warlock to IB rank 4. So now they both can get to 30! But i didnt get a single legendary drop during all those matches. Id really like the hand cannon, but what can you do. RNG is a cruel mistress.

Jinjo

New Dark Below stuff looks great. I now need to get the flawless raid out the way before it launches. Going to be weird playing stuff where I have no idea what is going to happen. Can't wait.

I imagine you can get flawless on the new Crota's End raid too, since it doesn't specify which raid. Might be easier on the new one without glitches.

Who am I kidding lol.

Steroyd

I wonder what is the rarest weapon? Use to to be the Vex is that still the case? Ghorn? Pocket Infinity?

Rarest weapon in terms of drops, I'd have to nominate Praetorian Foil, played ALOT of raids and the first time I saw it drop for anyone was when it dropped for me a couple of weeks back.

Just wanted to share a thought in that boosting the amount of rep you get later in the week is genius. I didn't realize this was going on at first and I wouldn't have played it all if I wouldn't have been able to catch up and reach rank 3 to buy 30 light boots. Instead of not playing at all they got me to log on and work towards that boots in a smaller time frame at an accelerated rate.

Skele7on

Banned
The dark below is exactly what I need, any word if the raid is out straight away or will it be like last time?

Seriously stoked though, NEW STUFF FINALLY!

Jinjo

The dark below is exactly what I need, any word if the raid is out straight away or will it be like last time?

Seriously stoked though, NEW STUFF FINALLY!

At first they said it would be a week, but I think Urk stated in this thread they might release it immediately. As they should, since most people are raid ready this time around. I figure you gotta run through the storymissions atleast first though

Jezabel

Hey guys looking to do my first HM raid. Done the normal a bazillion times. 29 warlock maxed suros.

Psn Joshizzled if anyone's looking for a extra

broony

I imagine you can get flawless on the new Crota's End raid too, since it doesn't specify which raid. Might be easier on the new one without glitches.

Who am I kidding lol.

Yeah, I reckon though it will be much easier with my regular raid group to do VOG now when we are all really familiar with it, rather than a few weeks when people are jumping back and forwards between the two.

hEist

finally.

finally.png

now, i just need to do a hard raid, and level some of the other weapons (hard light, invective,...) And someday i find a gjallarhorn and a vex, maybe.
never...

Lima

Rarest weapon in terms of drops, I'd have to nominate Praetorian Foil, played ALOT of raids and the first time I saw it drop for anyone was when it dropped for me a couple of weeks back.

This. We play the hard raid since week two on 3 characters every week and no one from my raid crew has it. At first I thought it didn't exist.

Jinjo

So guys... Exotic patch tomorrow? Or are we gonna add another week to the counter without exotic buff news? :( Deej did say they were preparing patch notes didn't he?
While at the same time neglecting to give any information/hints on what's gonna happen, even if it isn't just hard numbers.

Lima

eh no, not going to happen, well maybe in PVE but not PVP sadly. Was fun killing everyone so easily in PVP, it wasnt even a competition.

They said they were looking for a base damage value that works in both PvE and PvP. They just need to slightly put it above Suros (it should be better than a gun Xur fucking sold). Make it a 27 body shot and 39/40 headshot and it works. Even then I will still wreck people on most maps with TLW but I'd rather use the Vex again. Pretty tired of the Suros. It's so bad that these last IB matches I even used the Mida Multi Tool.

Jinjo

I'd rather have Mythoclast being the go-to OP exotic primary in PvP than Suros. Mythoclast actually deserves since it's supposed to be the strongest/rarest gun in the game (about 5% of the games population completed the hard raid and not all of them would have the Vex).

They said they were looking for a base damage value that works in both PvE and PvP. They just need to slightly put it above Suros (it should be better than a gun Xur fucking sold). Make it a 27 body shot and 39/40 headshot and it works. Even then I will still wreck people on most maps with TLW but I'd rather use the Vex again. Pretty tired of the Suros. It's so bad that these last IB matches I even used the Mida Multi Tool.

Yeah the VEX should be the go to OP weapon. Its the hardest to come by, you cant buy it. Find it so strange and sad that they nerfed it so much that a gun you can buy is stronger.

I'd rather have Mythoclast being the go-to OP exotic primary in PvP than Suros. Mythoclast actually deserves since it's supposed to be the strongest/rarest gun in the game (about 5% of the games population completed the hard raid and not all of them would have the Vex).

But think of all those cheesers who have it...

Shito

The problem is that making a PVE gun better than any other guns in PVP is not really good design.
But then again, Bungie have no one to blame but themselves for not making a distinction on weapon stats between PVE and PVP...

Jinjo

The problem is that making a PVE gun better than any other guns in PVP is not really good design.
But then again, Bungie have no one to blame but themselves for not making a distinction on weapon stats between PVE and PVP...

Shared stats between PvE and PvP was the dumbest design choice ever. Even if the Vex just gets a damage buff for PvE, as soon as Iron Banner rolls around it will easily be the best gun. Still, even with the damage boost the Mythoclast will probably be overshadowed by the new exotics which by the looks of it have an even greater base damage. Unless they plan on giving you the option to upgrade your current exotics, which I think they do for armor, but not sure about the weapons.

Shared stats between PvE and PvP was the dumbest design choice ever. Even if the Vex just gets a damage buff for PvE, as soon as Iron Banner rolls around it will easily be the best gun. Still, even with the damage boost the Mythoclast will probably be overshadowed by the new exotics which by the looks of it have an even greater base damage. Unless they plan on giving you the option to upgrade your current exotics, which I think they do for armor, but not sure about the weapons.

this is something I also was wondering about.

Shouldnt they just bring ALL exotics up to the new light lvl 32?

would be horrible to see these exotic weapons and armor become useless.

I also heard that the new Raid will not be up on day one, is that true? and WHY did they choose to do that? seems weird

Kinda pissed that it was only gloves and boots sold with IB.

Now loads of people are gonna be 30 but am I?

No am I fuck.

I've got 5 pairs of boots and 3 pairs of raid gloves.

All I want is a fucking chest or helmet (preferably the raid helmet) but no. That's too much to ask for aint it :/

Sheeeeeeeit. That buff is crazy. Barely started leveling my 24 hunter in IB on Friday and I just managed to hit rank 4 tonight. Bought the gloves and I'm probably gonna buy the boots as a hold over until I go into the raid to pick up those, that heavy ammo perk is just too good not too.

The best thing though?.... I got Thunderlord in the postgame orbit drop owowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Why couldn't I have gotten this shit earlier in the week when I was trying the stupid fucking Nightfall. STILL HAPPY THO.

Jinjo

this is something I also was wondering about.

Shouldnt they just bring ALL exotics up to the new light lvl 32?

would be horrible to see these exotic weapons and armor become useless.

I also heard that the new Raid will not be up on day one, is that true? and WHY did they choose to do that? seems weird

Datamining showed up an exotic weapon armor core which is thought to be a way to upgrade our current exotic armor. Not sure about weapons though.

That was the plan first, but I think Urk mentioned here they were gonna open it up immediately. Not a 100% sure on that, nor is it a real confirmation, but here is hoping. Artificially making people wait after buying the DLC is silly. I could understand on the release, but most of the Destiny population is atleast lv28 now, atleast the raiders are.

Manp

Kinda pissed that it was only gloves and boots sold with IB.

Now loads of people are gonna be 30 but am I?

No am I fuck.

I've got 5 pairs of boots and 3 pairs of raid gloves.

All I want is a fucking chest or helmet (preferably the raid helmet) but no. That's too much to ask for aint it :/

we're in the same boat man... i hope next week there will be another weekly event with lvl 30 helmet and chest :(

isn't there supposed to be another queen thingie?

Not sure if I've missed anything lately, but has Bungie said anything about new Crucible gametypes? Pretty sure that the datamining hinted at it, but I was wondering if we got any official word that it was coming in the expansion.

I'm still dreaming for a Double Team playlist and one without supers.

Datamining showed up an exotic weapon armor core which is thought to be a way to upgrade our current exotic armor. Not sure about weapons though.

That was the plan first, but I think Urk mentioned here they were gonna open it up immediately. Not a 100% sure on that, nor is it a real confirmation, but here is hoping. Artificially making people wait after buying the DLC is silly. I could understand on the release, but most of the Destiny population is atleast lv28 now, atleast the raiders are.

thanks, yeah it sounds crazy. Why should we have to wait for something like that? unless its story based and you need to complete a few bounties strikes etc before you can get into the raid?

Jinjo

thanks, yeah it sounds crazy. Why should we have to wait for something like that? unless its story based and you need to complete a few bounties strikes etc before you can get into the raid?

I'm guessing we have to finish the story missions and the strikes first before the raid open ups, since in the vidoc they said it's all part of the story. But yeah, 3 story missions and two strikes? People will run through that within an hour if the main game is anything to go by. Don't see how we would need a week for that lol.

If it's for the guns Eris sells, I'm not gonna spend the time and energy (literally lol) to get those up to par to me current fully upgraded weapons. Just lemme kill some Hive scum yo.

What is the best way on farming glimmer nowadays?

Moondoor, just go awaken the hive with Black Wax Idols, you can kill the 4 yellow acolytes and a bunch of thralls. one life should rack you 100 glimmer atleast. Repeat for 10 or 20 minutes worth.

Or having a Gatekeeper checkpoint in the raid, kill the Hobogoblins, die/repeat.

HunRevan

I would say Patrol cosmodrone, take left, go down the stairs and kill the hive majors in the room down there, then go back to the stairs and go back and kill em again, rinse and repeat

I tried to do that with the Black Wax Idol on but I only got like 140 from round. And sometimes they disappear for minutes... Well time to go back to Earth.

Lima

Guys best way to farm glimmer is first Mars mission exclusion zone on heroic. Open the door and kill 6 yellow duded and some other scum die and repeat. With resuplly codes that's like 10k glimmer in 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom