• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally!!! Space Bus. RNG rewarded a top player, is this real life?

WN0hl0V.jpg

Na man. It's just fantasy

What is the best way on farming glimmer nowadays?

The Exclusion Zone Mars mission on the first heroic difficulty, use a resupply code right after the first ghost hack. First wave is normal Cabal enemies, the second is some majors, centurion and two phalanxes. Get killed by the phalanxes, repeat.

You'll also get resupply codes and network keys.

Shito

Guys best way to farm glimmer is first Mars mission exclusion zone on heroic. Open the door and kill 6 yellow duded and some other scum die and repeat. With resuplly codes that's like 10k glimmer in 20 minutes.
Cosmodrome is faster when the hives don't disappear.
Exclusion Zone is a bit slower, but more reliable.

Pick your poison! ^^

I tried to do that with the Black Wax Idol on but I only got like 140 from round. And sometimes they disappear for minutes... Well time to go back to Earth.

I use this method, kill the dregs, vandals and shanks at the top of the stairs to keep them spawning. They will eventually stop spawning after a while, when they do, kill the enemies by the rock near the crashed aircraft, that gets them to re-spawn.

blazeuk

Kinda pissed that it was only gloves and boots sold with IB.

Now loads of people are gonna be 30 but am I?

No am I fuck.

I've got 5 pairs of boots and 3 pairs of raid gloves.

All I want is a fucking chest or helmet (preferably the raid helmet) but no. That's too much to ask for aint it :/

Same situation for me, I was tempted to get the boots/gloves from IB just to have a different look but I didn't want to waste my glimmer on something that had no effect. I'm using the Praxic Fire chest piece so my only chance of getting a helmet right now is hoping it drops in hard raid, of which I have 1 chance of each week.

WITHE1982

So after 10 hours with IB over the weekend I reached level 4 and got the level 30 gauntlets and boots. I was also rather fortunate in having timur's lash and Jolder's Hammer drop for me in matches.

I have to admit I rather enjoyed it this time despite playing with randoms quite a lot.

Couple of quick questions though:

Is Perun's fire worth getting as I already have a fully upgraded Light/Beware with the faster charge rate perk?

I'm now level 29 and only need the helm to reach level 30. Is this only obtainable in the hard mode raid?

I need a total of 95 helium filaments to upgrade my boots/gauntlets. Is there a reliable run on the moon?

Jinjo

I finally leveled up my Icebreaker and Corrective Measure. I had been putting it off for weeks now.

Hive raid I are ready!

I'm in the process of levelling my solar accelerated coil grenadier Light/Beware to destroy those wizards. My Thunderlord has been ready for ages and awaits those knights with great anticipation. Thinking that my striker build might be a more viable option this raid compared to VoG, since I can see them throwing hundreds of thralls at us this time.

noomi

Hello Guardians!

Once again our beloved Tuesday reset is nearly upon us! I am looking for some brave souls to come join me in defeating Atheon at the Vault of Glass in Hard Mode.

I will be taking 3 levels 30's and two level 29's. If you are interested please quote this post with your psn, class, and level. I will add to you the list :)

Details Below!

Where: Vault of Glass - Hard Mode
When: Tuesday, November 25th
Time: 3:30PM (15:30) EST | 12:30PM PST | 2:30PM (14:30) CST | 8:30PM (20:30) GMT

1. noomi85 - hunter - level 30
2. Kartik21 - titan - level 29
3. Ikkarus - hunter - level 29
4. Rubenov25 - warlock - level 30
5. Outlaw_Omega - hunter - level 30
6. zocano - warlock - level 30

---------------------------------------------------------

All filled up, thanks guys! I will send our friend requests tonight, and start a party chat tomorrow before we get started. See you then!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Hello Guardians!

Once again our beloved Tuesday reset is nearly upon us! I am looking for brave some brave souls to come join me in defeating Atheon at the Vault of Glass in Hard Mode.

I will be taking 3 levels 30's and two level 29's. If you are interested please quote this post with your psn, class, and level. I will add to you the list :)

Details Below!

Time: 3:30PM (15:30) EST | 12:30PM PST | 2:30PM (14:30) CST | 8:30PM (20:30) GMT

1. noomi85- hunter - level 30
I am up for it. PSN - Kartik21. Titan 29 WoL.
probably AFK, why bother doing anything when you can get the ship and weapon rewards just as easy without effort!
True.

What: PS4 IB "Fond Farewell"

When: Tonight, ~11pm - Midnight EST until reset

Who:
1.) Boguester
2,) iRAWR
3.) Unknown
4.)
5.)
6.)

When: Tomorrow, 4am EST until 7am EST

Who:
1.) Boguester
2,) iRAWR
3.) Cyborg
4.) Steroyd
5.) YvenUp
6.) Casmith

Let me know who else wants to join the IB action, priority to our regular raiders but I'm sure some can't make it and cyborg never pvp's anyway. Plus we'll need alternates to jump in and out I'm sure.

Ikkarus

Hello Guardians!

Once again our beloved Tuesday reset is nearly upon us! I am looking for brave some brave souls to come join me in defeating Atheon at the Vault of Glass in Hard Mode.

Details Below!

2. Kartik21 - Titan - level 29

Need 1 more 29 and 3 more 30's
I'd be up for this. Lvl 29 Hunter.

PSN = Ikkarus.

What: PS4 IB "Fond Farewell"

When: Tonight, ~11pm - Midnight EST until reset

Who:
1.) Boguester
2,) iRAWR
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)

I'd be up for it then. I may be a little late though so if you still have space I'll jump in.

Deku Tree

One thing Iron Banner has taught me is that I'm just not so good at PvP. I'm not going to complain about the PvP problems that everyone mentions (like how lag makes laggers more invincible than non laggers). I can wreck the VoG hard and all other PvE content in Destiny easily. But I don't ever really play PvP in shooters, and in Destiny my k/d ratio is usually embarrassing. I do really try though. I don't have that quick perfect aiming reflex, and I often get flanked, and I don't have a good sense for finding where my enemies are before they take me out. I've decided today that I'm probably just never going to finish the Invective exotic bounty.

darkwing

One thing Iron Banner has taught me is that I'm just not so good at PvP. I'm not going to complain about the PvP problems that everyone mentions (like how lag makes laggers more invincible than non laggers). I can wreck the VoG hard and all other PvE content in Destiny easily. But I don't ever really play PvP in shooters, and in Destiny my k/d ratio is usually embarrassing. I do really try though. I don't have that quick perfect aiming reflex, and I often get flanked, and I don't have a good sense for finding where my enemies are before they take me out. I've decided today that I'm probably just never going to finish the Invective exotic bounty.

I got the Invective, but I forgot what PvP bounty you have to do?

Razgreez

Don't be silly. You can easily complete that bounty with a few matches of a kd > 1 (even 1.1 is fine) as long as you get kills and loads of assists. Pick up a shot gun, stick to tight corridors and make hay

Carn82

I'm below average in PvP but the Invective bounty is doable. Just dont try to think about it too much and combine it with some other Crucible bounties.

We are a team of 4-5 guys who are going to try the Vault of Glass today at 17:00 (GMT +1) and we need 1-2 guys. Anyone interested? Only one of us have tried the raid before so you don't have to be good. Most of us are level 28.

You can also send me a friend invite on PSN. My PSN name is nevernuder.

Rubenov

Hello Guardians!

Details Below!

Filled up on 29's, need 3 more 30's :)

I'm in - Rubenov25 (Level 30 Warlock)

Manp

I've decided today that I'm probably just never going to finish the Invective exotic bounty.

i can see myself in how you describe your PvP self and i can assure you that the invective bounty is easy as pie...

Thorn bounty on the other hand... i can see myself doing it only with a void primary, which at this rate i'll never own

:)

Hello Guardians!

Once again our beloved Tuesday reset is nearly upon us! I am looking for some brave souls to come join me in defeating Atheon at the Vault of Glass in Hard Mode.

Details Below!

Filled up on 29's, need 2 more 30's :)

I'll join you's.
Hunter 30 maxed weapons.
PSN: Outlaw_Omega

Pickman

What is the best way on farming glimmer nowadays?

Mars, Exclusion Zone mission on hard difficulty. Clear the first wave of legionaries and the next one that spawns has over a dozen yellow mobs. I just sit there and pick them off with a scout rifle. Nets you ~500 glimmer per clear, takes about 2 minutes to clear it. I made 6k to get my IB stuff I needed in about 20 mins.

Zocano

Hello Guardians!

Details Below!

Filled up on 29's, need 1 more 30 :) Would love a level 30 titan to come help out.

I've got a 30 warlock that still has to run it fresh. I'll come.

PSN is zocano

Midas

You know that, thanks to you, either the PSN or Bungie's servers will be down the entire day, now?
Or both...

:3

Hey! Nice Hunter IB gloves cosplay!
*thumbs up*

Haha, I think it will be fine. Most of the content seems to be seeded out with the huge patch the other week, and I didn't have that many issues on launch so... But who knows. :)

E92 M3

I assume the Dark Below Vidoc is ancient but I didn't see it mentioned. Some good stuff in there.

Wow - that looks really cool! I am even more hyped than usual. Hopefully, they have found a way to keep VOG weapons relevant (I'm guessing normal raid). Also, looks like the sword will be more freely available.

Looks great that they are revealing awesome exotics, but it would be very nice to see a few surprises popping up from the community, just like when the Mythoclast was first revealed.

We are a team of 4-5 guys who are going to try the Vault of Glass today at 17:00 (GMT +1) and we need 1-2 guys. Anyone interested? Only one of us have tried the raid before so you don't have to be good. Most of us are level 28.

You can also send me a friend invite on PSN. My PSN name is nevernuder.

I am looking to run it with one of my alts on normal, I'd be happy to guide you guys through it. I've done numerous hard completions, so no worries there.
Problem is I won't be on until 19:00 / 19:30 GMT +1. I'll add you (PSN is TearsOfBlood) when I get on and if you still need someone by then, just shoot me a message. Otherwise, good luck!

E92 M3

Yeah the VEX should be the go to OP weapon. Its the hardest to come by, you cant buy it. Find it so strange and sad that they nerfed it so much that a gun you can buy is stronger.

Yeah, can't wait for the new patch to come out. I think it will be the go-to super weapon until the raid comes out.

But think of all those cheesers who have it...

I got it legit the first time I ran hard, so it did suck a lot when the nerf came.

I am looking to run it with one of my alts on normal, I'd be happy to guide you guys through it. I've done numerous hard completions, so no worries there.
Problem is I won't be on until 19:00 / 19:30 GMT +1. I'll add you (PSN is TearsOfBlood) when I get on and if you still need someone by then, just shoot me a message. Otherwise, good luck!

Thanks man! There's a big chance we'll still be playing at that time. And if we aren't I'm sure there'll be plenty more opportunities to play together. :)

Deku Tree

Don't be silly. You can easily complete that bounty with a few matches of a kd > 1 (even 1.1 is fine) as long as you get kills and loads of assists. Pick up a shot gun, stick to tight corridors and make hay

I'm below average in PvP but the Invective bounty is doable. Just dont try to think about it too much and combine it with some other Crucible bounties.

i can see myself in how you describe your PvP self and i can assure you that the invective bounty is easy as pie...

Thorn bounty on the other hand... i can see myself doing it only with a void primary, which at this rate i'll never own

:)

Thanks everyone! The Thorn bounty is finished for me. I've got Thorn. But for some reason Invective has been stuck in my inventory for a long while. It was one of the first exotic bounties that I got, and I have finished all the other exotic bounties so far. I really don't think about it that much when I PvP (and I don't PvP very much except for this week during Iron Banner I played a bunch yesterday and today). Invective bounty just hasn't been easy for me.... I guess I would just need to find a good place to camp and use shotguns is what you are saying... Thanks again!

Any GAF bros up for doing gatekeepers to Atheon on hard mode today before the reset?

I have the checkpoint on two characters (level 30 warlock and 29 hunter, both with maxed weapons fate bringer, corrective measure, ice breaker etc).

I should be home around 8pm ish (UK GMT time).

Level 30's would be great for a smooth run through.

Let me know guys;

PSN: MandrakeUK

Oh as PSN can be slow as hell, feel free to email me here too as I will be checking.

Shito

Ok, so, watching a stream of a good pvp player: you can shoot on the titan grenade to disable it? '____'
Or is the guy just doing it out of habit / anger?

noomi

Group is filled; I will send a quick PM to everyone just to confirm with you for tomorrow. Will also send out friend requests to everyone that signed up tonight, and start a party chat a bit before we start :) See you all then!

6. zocano - warlock - level 30

LiK

Thanks everyone! The Thorn bounty is finished for me. I've got Thorn. But for some reason Invective has been stuck in my inventory for a long while. It was one of the first exotic bounties that I got, and I have finished all the other exotic bounties so far. I really don't think about it that much when I PvP (and I don't PvP very much except for this week during Iron Banner I played a bunch yesterday and today). Invective bounty just hasn't been easy for me.... I guess I would just need to find a good place to camp and use shotguns is what you are saying... Thanks again!

You got Thorn but no Invective? I found Invective to be super easy. I'm gonna try Thorn again tonight in IB with a maxed AE and all my Void Specials/Heavies. If I don't get it that way, I don't deserve it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom