• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

excowboy

it was an engram, you know who to blame for this.

Well it goes without saying...
fuck Rahool too.

Bit of a moan - my clan just posted teams for the raid following a sign-up thread. Two complete teams of six:

Team 1 - 6 x lvl 29s including 4 group admins;
Team 2 - 27/28/29s, no admin, 2 first time raiders

I signed up late so I'm on the reserve list, but can't say I feel especially welcome!

SgtCobra

Did a hard raid today and got the "Aspect of glass"

But also:
Atheon's Epilogue
Battlecage of Kabr
Kabr's Brazen Grips
Kabr's Forceful Greaves

Based RNGesus? Perhaps. Today was a good day.

matmanx1

It sounds like you guys are blowing through the Nightfall pretty easily. I thought from the description that it would be very hard with the arc burn (all those Fallen waves around the Archon priest) but maybe not?

I have an arc Epitaph sniper rifle and Comedian shotgun but my arc heavies are still blues. I think the two friends I run with are in similar situations although they both picked up Patience and Time when Xur sold it two weeks ago. Are we going to struggle with it this week or is it easier than it sounds?

Geneijin

Looking to start a hard raid on PS4. Need 3 more people. 2 29s and 1 30.

Need 2 more people now.

Need one more person now.

Team full now. Thanks for the replies.

PSN Kopyasu

Good job guys. I shouldn't have gone to bed after that last close attempt.

I really wish that team could have thrown one more good run at it after getting that close. I definitely think it would have happened. No worries though, just let me know next time you want to run it.

Also, who wants to try Hard mode flawless raider?

Milennia

I really wish that team could have thrown one more good run at it after getting that close. I definitely think it would have happened. No worries though, just let me know next time you want to run it.

Also, who wants to try Hard mode flawless raider?

i do for sure would need all 30s

Having played all classes to lvl 27+ now, I have to say how surprised I am at the lack of mobility in the Hunter class. Based on assumed class tropes, you'd expect the Hunter to dancer circles around say, a Titan class, but the Titan is far more mobile than Hunters. Outside of PvP, the Hunter is a slug. You have to go full agility build in PvE to have any speed, but at the cost of being super squishy. The double and triple jump suck outside of making the VoG jumping puzzle easier. The Titan, you get a crazy fast boost when double jumping, and you can have an easy armor build that yields far more agility while not being a squisy turd like a Hunter if you want any agility. The Hunter class needs way, way more base agility across all configurations of the subclass tree. They also should tweak the blade dancer class to be more effective for PvE. I don't give a shit about blade dancing, just allow me to be a better invisible medic, the only use of that subclass in late game PvE.

Got 3 spots open for a hard raid, would prefer to fill them with at least 2 level 30 gaffers.

Anyone down?

Psn: ThirdROB

Edit: Asking for 30's because two of us are already 29 and new to hard mode.

X-Frame

I'm going to be wanting to try Hard Mode this weekend since last week RNG was gracious enough to finally give me at least 1 raid piece on each of my classes.

So I'll be 29 on all 3 characters and I have plenty of maxed weapons and cleared Normal a dozen times.

I really want the raid helmets and Fatebringer. Hopefully there are Gaffers here willing to take a Hard Mode newb!

Hiko

Banned
It sounds like you guys are blowing through the Nightfall pretty easily. I thought from the description that it would be very hard with the arc burn (all those Fallen waves around the Archon priest) but maybe not?

I have an arc Epitaph sniper rifle and Comedian shotgun but my arc heavies are still blues. I think the two friends I run with are in similar situations although they both picked up Patience and Time when Xur sold it two weeks ago. Are we going to struggle with it this week or is it easier than it sounds?

I also used an arc Epitaph. It was doing 4000+ damage to the boss. He actually went down quicker than he does in a standard tiger strike. The whole thing was a joke.

realcZk

I'm going to be wanting to try Hard Mode this weekend since last week RNG was gracious enough to finally give me at least 1 raid piece on each of my classes.

So I'll be 29 on all 3 characters and I have plenty of maxed weapons and cleared Normal a dozen times.

I really want the raid helmets and Fatebringer. Hopefully there are Gaffers here willing to take a Hard Mode newb!

We do it a few times on the weekends usually, add me!

PSN: bytestyle

Hiko

Banned
Having played all classes to lvl 27+ now, I have to say how surprised I am at the lack of mobility in the Hunter class. Based on assumed class tropes, you'd expect the Hunter to dancer circles around say, a Titan class, but the Titan is far more mobile than Hunters. Outside of PvP, the Hunter is a slug. You have to go full agility build in PvE to have any speed, but at the cost of being super squishy. The double and triple jump suck outside of making the VoG jumping puzzle easier. The Titan, you get a crazy fast boost when double jumping, and you can have an easy armor build that yields far more agility while not being a squisy turd like a Hunter if you want any agility. The Hunter class needs way, way more base agility across all configurations of the subclass tree. They also should tweak the blade dancer class to be more effective for PvE. I don't give a shit about blade dancing, just allow me to be a better invisible medic, the only use of that subclass in late game PvE.

Yup. Hunter is garbage. Sticking with my warlock and making two alts.

Trakan

Datto has done testing on the Armor/Recover/Agility stats and they're all useless. None of them really do anything in PVE or PVP. The only thing that makes much of a difference is recovery. The hunter class does have more base agility. When I switch to my Titan it feels like I'm running in molasses. The double and triple jumps are by far my favorite as they're real jumps and not glides/hover.

So yeah, as for the hunter being "squishy" or the titan have more armor, it's all in your head.

Datto has done testing on the Armor/Recover/Agility stats and they're all useless. None of them really do anything in PVE or PVP. The only thing that makes much of a difference is recovery. The hunter class does have more base agility. When I switch to my Titan it feels like I'm running in molasses. The double and triple jumps are by far my favorite as they're real jumps and not glides/hover.

So yeah, as for the hunter being "squishy" or the titan have more armor, it's all in your head.

All his stats were quickly proven wrong in comments. Armor is the only thing that matters, as it is the only stat that affects how many hits you can take. Recovery is almost worthless, because having the opportunity to hide for 1 second, 1.5 seconds and 2 seconds is minimal assuming you found cover. (this is all for PvE) Not dying in three or four shots compared to 2 matters way more. The Titan moves much, much faster than the Hunter. The triple jump is the lowest and shortest jump out of any class. The only time triple jump has a distance advantage is when you are dropping down. A platform to platform jump at equal levels or going up in height, both Warlock and Titan are better jumpers. It is stupid, the Hunter should be the most mobile class because it is inherently the most squishy. I am 150+ hours in on my Hunter, she is garbage for mobility, toughness, supers in lvl 20+ game play, and Raids as they stand.

Grats in the flawless everyone. :3

What did Atheon do this time?

There may have been 1 round of 0 teleports that I forgot about, but basically I got solo ported twice and ran it straight out and then we got normal 3x teleports every time after that. Finished after (I think) 3 T's V. Pretty lucky glitches but we had enough DPS to down him without it.

Hiko

Banned
So what's the verdict on scout rifles? Should I invest in either of the Vanguard rifles if I have a Suros? I'm looking at one guy in my group right now with a Proxima Centauri which has ridiculous range and impact.

hard light from nightfall, meh

I love my Hard Light. Sure, it's not the most efective weapon and it's unstable, but something about the way it fires, the noise it makes, the feel of it firing and how it looks just makes me love using it. And when you see the bullets tearing through enemies and just ricocheting all over the place it looks awesome. Just wish it make a bit more damage.

I've already transferred it to my bank, just waiting for my alt to reach 20 (at 14 now). Then with the gear I already have there I'll make my alt 29 immediately with a Lord High Fixer, Hard Light, Plan C or Pocket Infinity (still undecided) and Unfriendly Giant.

Can I join you for your last run?

I solo'd the first 2 out of Ghorn lust but will wait for my mates because I said we'd do em together this week, but I see you have another gaffer to join you. :) Good luck!

Nice! Being a handcannon guy I really want The Last Word but I am content to be patient and enjoy my TDYK in the meantime.

Yeah this bad boy's going to my hunter who is my hand cannon/sniper dude. I have TDYK, Hawkmoon, Thorn and now TLW. TDYK is what I use most the time though, It's a fantastic all rounder with comparable stats to HM.

Ghorn is all I need to be an extremely happy chappy. Might spam tiger strikes till I hit vanguard cap if NF doesn't hook me up.

Vhayne

Neo Member
All his stats were quickly proven wrong in comments. Armor is the only thing that matters, as it is the only stat that affects how many hits you can take. Recovery is almost worthless, because having the opportunity to hide for 1 second, 1.5 seconds and 2 seconds is minimal assuming you found cover. (this is all for PvE) Not dying in three or four shots compared to 2 matters way more. The Titan moves much, much faster than the Hunter. The triple jump is the lowest and shortest jump out of any class. The only time triple jump has a distance advantage is when you are dropping down. A platform to platform jump at equal levels or going up in distance, both warlock and Titan are better jumpers. It is stupid, the Hunter should be the most mobile class because it is inherently the most squishy. I am 150+ hours in on my Hunter, she is garbage for mobility, toughness, supers in lvl 20+ game play, and Raids as they stand.

I have all three classes at lvl 29 now, and must say I agree completely with this. Despite having everything put on Agility on my Hunter, I regularly feel faster with both my Warlock and Titan. Sprinting seems the same on all my characters and the Titan boosted double jump has more reach AND speed than any of the others.

Not to mention both Warlock and Titan have MUCH more survivability imo, despite my Hunter being the only one actually rocking Raid gear.

A bit disappointing I have to equip the MIDA multi-tool on my Hunter to actually feel like I'm fast enough to somewhat offset my squishyness.

I have all three classes at lvl 29 now, and must say I agree completely with this. Despite having everything put on Agility on my Hunter, I regularly feel faster with both my Warlock and Titan. Sprinting seems the same on all my characters and the Titan boosted double jump has more reach AND speed than any of the others.

Not to mention both Warlock and Titan have MUCH more survivability imo, despite my Hunter being the only one actually rocking Raid gear.

A bit disappointing I have to equip the MIDA multi-tool on my Hunter to actually feel like I'm fast enough to somewhat offset my squishyness.

Exactly this. My hunter is both the highest level, best gear, highest defense number, of all my toons and is the slowest and weakest. Titan class is probably the fastest to move around, based on its ridiculous forward boost you get with the double jump. Titan and Warlock are equally useful for raids, nightfalls, heroics, etc . Hunter, the worst by miles for PvE. Basically, being a blade dancing asshole in PvP is the class' only redeeming quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom