• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group is filled; I will send a quick PM to everyone just to confirm with you for tomorrow. Will also send out friend requests to everyone that signed up tonight, and start a party chat a bit before we start :) See you all then!

Where: Vault of Glass - Hard Mode
When: Tuesday, November 25th
Time: 3:30PM (15:30) EST | 12:30PM PST | 2:30PM (14:30) CST | 8:30PM (20:30) GMT

1. noomi85 - hunter - level 30
2. Kartik21 - titan - level 29
3. Ikkarus - hunter - level 29
4. Rubenov25 - warlock - level 30
5. Outlaw_Omega - hunter - level 30
6. zocano - warlock - level 30

If you have any room for tonight, or if someone is unable to make it, let me know :)

PSN: MandrakeUK

Anyone want to defeat Atheon on Hard (have the checkpoint) and then bust it up in some IB?

Just driving my son to school then I have the day off. So I'll be good in about 15 minutes.

PS4
Cosmos_Man

Level 29 Hunter

Deku Tree

You got Thorn but no Invective? I found Invective to be super easy. I'm gonna try Thorn again tonight in IB with a maxed AE and all my Void Specials/Heavies. If I don't get it that way, I don't deserve it lol

Yup. And I had the invective bounty in my inventory while I was doing the thorn bounty. I was running around with my light beware void fusion rifle. I was up to a 20 k/d ratio in crucible on the invective bounty when I finish the PvP part of thorn... One problem with the invective bounty is when you quit a match I think it resets your k/d to zero. I guess that's to prevent cheating, but with a ton of time and effort I was up to a 20k/d and then I got into a match where the whole other team was lagging terribly and they were never dying after lots of direct light beware shots and they kept just appearing out of thin air and taking me out and my k/d ratio was wiped out and that's when I stopped trying to get invective.

EL CUCO

I assume the Dark Below Vidoc is ancient but I didn't see it mentioned. Some good stuff in there.
4i613bO.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
last night, playing iron banner on the xbone, i had a few games with some pretty significant and lengthy frame drops. first time i've ever seen it occur and there didnt seem to be any reason for when they'd happen. has anyone else seen something like this recently? perhaps a bug with a recent update?

E92 M3

last night, playing iron banner on the xbone, i had a few games with some pretty significant and lengthy frame drops. first time i've ever seen it occur and there didnt seem to be any reason for when they'd happen. has anyone else seen something like this recently? perhaps a bug with a recent update?

I've noticed frame drops only when in a party.

LiK

Yup. And I had the invective bounty in my inventory while I was doing the thorn bounty. I was running around with my light beware void fusion rifle. I was up to a 20 k/d ratio in crucible on the invective bounty when I finish the PvP part of thorn... One problem with the invective bounty is when you quit a match I think it resets your k/d to zero. I guess that's to prevent cheating, but with a ton of time and effort I was up to a 20k/d and then I got into a match where the whole other team was lagging terribly and they were never dying after lots of direct light beware shots and they kept just appearing out of thin air and taking me out and my k/d ratio was wiped out and that's when I stopped trying to get invective.

Did you buy Light/Beware or was it a drop? I want that since the Wizard 77 recharge is slow as fuck. Unusable in PVP unless i camp and even then, I don't find it that great.

Zocano

Oh... huh.

I never ended up doing the raid much this week.

Anyone running normal or hard raids before the reset?

I've got 2 30s that need to finish hard raid and a 29 for normal.

I REALLY hope they add something that will let current legendaries/exotics be on par with the new ones...

Yeah, if every expansion means your hard earned and levelled gear becomes worthless I will not be too pleased. It is a trend I would not like to see continue with their other expansions.

Not to mention that I could bring these new weapons into Crucible with people who don't even have the expansion or any of the other original Strikes/Raid etc.

One thing Iron Banner has taught me is that I'm just not so good at PvP. I'm not going to complain about the PvP problems that everyone mentions (like how lag makes laggers more invincible than non laggers). I can wreck the VoG hard and all other PvE content in Destiny easily. But I don't ever really play PvP in shooters, and in Destiny my k/d ratio is usually embarrassing. I do really try though. I don't have that quick perfect aiming reflex, and I often get flanked, and I don't have a good sense for finding where my enemies are before they take me out. I've decided today that I'm probably just never going to finish the Invective exotic bounty.

I'm in the same boat, but I did finish the Invective bounty. 8 hours of straight playing to do it...but I did it. Trust me, if I can get it, so can you. For measure, I think my kdr in IB is about .7 and I'm rank 5 in IB lol. I routinely pull in great numbers like .36 and even a .19 once or twice. I suck. So just keep trying and you'll get there.

Any GAF bros up for doing gatekeepers to Atheon on hard mode today before the reset?

I have the checkpoint on two characters (level 30 warlock and 29 hunter, both with maxed weapons fate bringer, corrective measure, ice breaker etc).

I should be home around 8pm ish (UK GMT time).

Level 30's would be great for a smooth run through.

Let me know guys;

PSN: MandrakeUK

Oh as PSN can be slow as hell, feel free to email me here too as I will be checking.

Psn death4romabove22 29 hunter 30 warlock

LiK

I was just wandering in the crucible one day and someone threw a tripmine near me. I hoped that they had programmed it in, and so I shot it. Lo, and behold, it blew up! Love it. Didn't know about the lightning grenades though.

Yea, I knew about trip mines but lightning is new to me. Hope people don't figure that out. I get so many lightning grenade kills. I've pretty much figured out the best spot to toss them in several maps for the best coverage.

gdt

Hmm, I still got the divisive mind bounty but he didn't spawn where he always does. No barrier either.

I did checkpoint right before the cyclops though. I was hoping it'd be quick -_-

Woot got Big Birtha the same game I hit rank 5 in the IB. Never got a Timurs Lash but did get the machine gun.

I only saw that ship drop twice the entire time I played. Glad I was one to get it.

LiK

Hmm, I still got the divisive mind bounty but he didn't spawn where he always does. No barrier either.

I did checkpoint right before the cyclops though. I was hoping it'd be quick -_-

That Bounty is so easy. I usually just skip most of the enemies and run straight for him.

Mupod

Well I officially got everything I wanted out of IB, with a day to spare. Nice rolls on all four IB weapons, space bus, and the shader. Goldspiral looks GREAT on voidfang vestments, especially with matching IB weapons.

My prediction: after a week of being tormented by suros regime users, they are going to nerf it tomorrow. And then I'll get one as a drop from the nightfall.

One thing Iron Banner has taught me is that I'm just not so good at PvP. I'm not going to complain about the PvP problems that everyone mentions (like how lag makes laggers more invincible than non laggers). I can wreck the VoG hard and all other PvE content in Destiny easily. But I don't ever really play PvP in shooters, and in Destiny my k/d ratio is usually embarrassing. I do really try though. I don't have that quick perfect aiming reflex, and I often get flanked, and I don't have a good sense for finding where my enemies are before they take me out. I've decided today that I'm probably just never going to finish the Invective exotic bounty.

tbh yesterday was weird. I never see that many organized/experienced/geared players normally. I usually sit around 1.5-2.0 in gaf groups but yesterday I struggled to even hit 1.0. Couldn't even get the 10 kills in a row bounty done (although I hit 9/10 3 times).

I'm gonna try and run solo in some regular crucible tonight and see how much easier it is. Maybe my problem in IB is just the extreme over-abundance of auto rifles (due to the headshot bounty) beating out my short range handcannon.

Pickman

I'm gonna try and run solo in some regular crucible tonight and see how much easier it is. Maybe my problem in IB is just the extreme over-abundance of auto rifles (due to the headshot bounty) beating out my short range handcannon.

Seeing as how I was getting popped with a hawkmoon in mid-air from all the way across Rusted Lands last night, I think you should be aight. lol

noomi

Dammit guys, I want a Hawkmoon now. I hope I get it as a drop tonight in IB.

This is my most wanted weapon, 4 chances at it tomorrow at least with 2x nightfalls and two VoG raids. Quickly followed by disappointment for an entire week :/

Hope RNGesus shines upon me.

flkraven

I need some quick advice. I prefer using auto rifles, but I really don't like Focued Fire on Suros Regime. If I'm going to shoot slower, I may aswell use a Scout or Burst Fire rifle. So my question is, what is the best alternative to Suros? Am I best off just using Shadow Price? Is there a better legendary? Is Hard Light worth grinding and hoping for?

Strider

I need some quick advice. I prefer using auto rifles, but I really don't like Focued Fire on Suros Regime. If I'm going to shoot slower, I may aswell use a Scout or Burst Fire rifle. So my question is, what is the best alternative to Suros? Am I best off just using Shadow Price? Is there a better legendary? Is Hard Light worth grinding and hoping for?

Shadow Price and Vanquisher are your best options.

As far as Hard Light goes... I hear it sucks.

EL CUCO

Well I officially got everything I wanted out of IB, with a day to spare. Nice rolls on all four IB weapons, space bus, and the shader. Goldspiral looks GREAT on voidfang vestments, especially with matching IB weapons.

My prediction: after a week of being tormented by suros regime users, they are going to nerf it tomorrow. And then I'll get one as a drop from the nightfall.

Lol It did progressively get worse as people started catching on. The first few days was cake. I would be able to mix it up and use Thorn, Vex Mythoclast, Fatebringer. Then I noticed I was losing more and more gunfights...mainly to Suros. So I also switched to Suros, problem solved.

Reached level 4 with my warlock alt, now i just need to farm glimmer and buy the gauntlets + goldspiral shader with my main, and that´s about it, would love to have Timur´s Lash, but well, RNG...i don´t really have enough space anyway. My titan alt will have to wait until the next time, i had no time for 3 characters.

Overall, it was a fun ride, sometimes frustrating yeah, but fun nonetheless, they really need to open more events like this one in the game, give us new things to do.

LiK

Lol It did progressively get worse as people started catching on. The first few days was cake. I would be able to mix it up and use Thorn, Vex Mythoclast, Fatebringer. Then I noticed I was losing more and more gunfights...mainly to Suros. So I also switched to Suros, problem solved.

If you can't beat them, join them. Besides, Bungie wants you to use them with those AR HS bounties lol

Mupod

Seeing as how I was getting popped with a hawkmoon in mid-air from all the way across Rusted Lands last night, I think you should be aight. lol

I never actually looked at the stats/abilities on that thing until just now. Holy fuck.

But yeah my only upgraded primary is a TDYK at 277, I probably would have been better off with a scout rifle but I work with what I have. It was frustrating enough dealing with 30s that would survive with a sliver of health every time, going in with a 248 attack gun would suck.

rNilla

If you kill Divisive Mind and go to orbit you get the checkpoint you've described, which is really annoying.

Shito

tbh yesterday was weird. I never see that many organized/experienced/geared players normally. I usually sit around 1.5-2.0 in gaf groups but yesterday I struggled to even hit 1.0. Couldn't even get the 10 kills in a row bounty done (although I hit 9/10 3 times).

I'm a crappy pvp player (don't enjoy that, I prefer 1v1 for my competitive games), but I found that yesterday was probably my best overall day for IB. Started the week with very little knowledge of the maps and how you were supposed to play them, but I slowly improved all week long, playing a few hours of IB each day.
I only played with randoms, and I think that what you are saying is true: yesterday was probably the day that was the most packed with good players... which helped me quite a lot. I'm not the type of player who can carry his team (when I do it means we're gonna lose ^^), so being able to rely on teammates who know their shit made me play MUCH better than being in the middle of noobs like me. I could mimick their actions, cover them and know they are covering me.
I really enjoyed my time with IB.

Deku Tree

i'm pretty sure that's not the case

Oh yeah I was just guessing. I got into a 3v3 match when I had like an 11 k/d ratio and the other team seemed like they were coordinating with mics and camping in the circular thing and winning, and my other two random team-mates quit, and I died a few times 3v1 and no-one else got matched in... and I checked the bounty and it said something like a 5 k/d then I quit and then it said 0 k/d. Not sure how that was working

Did you buy Light/Beware or was it a drop? I want that since the Wizard 77 recharge is slow as fuck. Unusable in PVP unless i camp and even then, I don't find it that great.

Vangurd Light/Beware is Solar I think. I got my void one as a drop. Wizard 77 has a long charge time but much higher impact. Yes it's hard to use a long charge weapon if you don't have the jump on your enemy.

I'm in the same boat, but I did finish the Invective bounty. 8 hours of straight playing to do it...but I did it. Trust me, if I can get it, so can you. For measure, I think my kdr in IB is about .7 and I'm rank 5 in IB lol. I routinely pull in great numbers like .36 and even a .19 once or twice. I suck. So just keep trying and you'll get there.

Ok I can keep trying... thanks! At least I'm might try to get my max out my crucible marks for this week so that I can get that trophy in the bag (I got to 57/100 yesterday), and I'd like to buy a weapon from New Monarchy, and reach IB rank 3.

Thanks! That is nice to hear. The last update made it so matchmaking tries to link fire teams with other fire teams rather than linking with randoms. So that might be part of it. Also I guess Iron Banner has a lot more people playing PvP in groups.

EDIT: IB is like all Suros all the time.

realcZk

If anyone's interested, I have a fully maxed out Gheleon's Demise and it's a pretty decent scout rifle. It does more damage than VoC and MIDA, espeically with precision shots where the high impact shines. It even crits for over 1k on trash mobs like Psions during the tiger strikes. Slap on Send It and you can hit with no damage penalty from really far away. It was hitting for 100+ more dmg than a VoC usually. In the IB it's a 3HKO in the head just like an average handcannon. I could get the exact damage numbers if anyone's interested.

If anyone's looking for a solid PvE scout with high damage I can recommend it, but for PvP the MIDA/VOC is still the best IMO with the shortest TTK.

I didn't get the best rolls in the world but here's what I settled with:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom