• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

So is it safe to assume this is the highest number for a weapon now?
331?
wPyAr05.png

Yes.
Until House of Wolves hits at least.

realcZk

Yeah 33 to have relevancy for third raid.

Interesting you mention that, because I figured they would be 32X (for level 32 mobs), however since the talk of buffing the mythoclast to make its damage numbers higher than 300 for the next raid, it would make sense that Bungie could have considered that on these and made them 33X right off the bat.

So is it safe to assume this is the highest number for a weapon now?
331?

Is it just me or do these screenshots look odd? I mean in the Nechrochasm screenshot it lists that 'Fast reloads after a melee kill' perk as the leftmost icon which is usually where just damage type icons go and if we're to get 331 damage as the new top are all the old exotics trash now? I guess I'm just wary of these being the final point values for these weapons (unless the exotic patch is raising everything to 331)

EL CUCO

What's better from Dead Orbit: Deviant Gravity HMG or Crypt Dweller SR?

How are you on Arc heavy? I have Deviant maxed out and I'm completely satisfied with it. Shreds Captains to pieces. It's actually my only Arc heavy, currently.

Haven't tried Crypt Dweller but I've heard good things. I just dont see how any SR can replace VOC.

E92 M3

Interesting you mention that, because I figured they would be 32X (for level 32 mobs), however since the talk of buffing the mythoclast to make its damage numbers higher than 300 for the next raid, it would make sense that Bungie could have considered that on these and made them 33X right off the bat.

Yeah, and we have a while to go until House of Wolves so we can play around with these for a while. A vault size increase is also imminent.

Is it just me or do these screenshots look odd? I mean in the Nechrochasm screenshot it lists that 'Fast reloads after a melee kill' perk as the leftmost icon which is usually where just damage type icons go and if we're to get 331 damage as the new top are all the old exotics trash now? I guess I'm just wary of these being the final point values for these weapons (unless the exotic patch is raising everything to 331)

I am expecting the Mythoclast to go to 32X and all others to stay at 300 with different modifications to damage output and stats.

realcZk

I've got a feeling that the patch won't raise old exotics to 331 but will give you an upgrade path to get old exotics to that point. They won't want everyone to have a 331 level weapon right off the bat, but can't invalidate any older exotics for end-game content without disappointing the majority of the player-base.

I've got a feeling that the patch won't raise old exotics to 331 but will give you an upgrade path to get old exotics to that point. They won't want everyone to have a 331 level weapon right off the bat, but can't invalidate any older exotics for end-game content without getting a lot of flack for it.

I never want to say goodbye to my Ice Breaker

Deku Tree

How are you on Arc heavy? I have Deviant maxed out and I'm completely satisfied with it. Shreds Captains to pieces. It's actually my only Arc heavy, currently.

Haven't tried Crypt Dweller but I've heard good things. I just dont see how any SR can replace VOC.

Thanks! I have the Swarm HMG ARC it's maxed with EXP but I don't have enough materials to max it completely yet. And I like Swarm. And I have two VoC. But I am planning to try to hit the Crucible marks cap today and I have 160 already so I need to burn some Crucible marks. Maybe I'll buy Deviant then...

Hiko

Banned
If anyone's interested, I have a fully maxed out Gheleon's Demise and it's a pretty decent scout rifle. It does more damage than VoC and MIDA, espeically with precision shots where the high impact shines. It even crits for over 1k on trash mobs like Psions during the tiger strikes. Slap on Send It and you can hit with no damage penalty from really far away. It was hitting for 100+ more dmg than a VoC usually. In the IB it's a 3HKO in the head just like an average handcannon. I could get the exact damage numbers if anyone's interested.

If anyone's looking for a solid PvE scout with high damage I can recommend it, but for PvP the MIDA/VOC is still the best IMO with the shortest TTK.

I didn't get the best rolls in the world but here's what I settled with:

I'm actually looking to get into scout rifles. Currently an auto rifle/hand cannon guy. I had my eyes on the A.1whatever from the vanguard. How does this one compare?

realcZk

Well, I specifically meant it in the context that not everyone will get the expansion. I can already see the shitstorms brewing.

Interesting thought. In the next Iron Banner, someone in the vanilla game 30/300 dmg might have a harder time competing against a dark below level 32/331 dmg. I wonder how they will balance that out, or if IB will become something that only players who pay for the latest content can compete in. I highly doubt Bungie would outcast an entire audience, they may just be placed in a different IB queue.

Hoodbury

Ugh, that feeling of spending all your motes of lights on rerolls and still not getting what you want.

I need an arc fusion rifle but I wanted it to work for both PvP and PvE. Went through 30+ motes and could only get the speed charge perk on solar or void. And on my last try I got Solar with crappy perks. Ugh. Hopefully I can get 1 more mote of light before tomorrow and try one more reroll on it because the last thing I need is a solar FR with kneepads and Rangefinder.

realcZk

I'm actually looking to get into scout rifles. Currently an auto rifle/hand cannon guy. I had my eyes on the A.1whatever from the vanguard. How does this one compare?

I actually have that scout rifle laying around in my stash, just haven't got around to it. I'll try to remember to do a comparison/contrast on it tonight. It's not fully upgraded like my Gheleon's, but if it has less impact then you can bet the Gheleon's will still put out more damage. If I remember correctly, it has higher stability and rate of fire than Gheleon's which would give it an edge in PvP.

What would be interesting to see is "true" DPS calculations, that is - DPS that takes the reload speed and rate of fire into account. The VoC might still out-DPS the Gheleon's overall because of its faster RoF and reload, even though the Gheleon's is outputting 100+ more damage with every shot. It would be super close.

Pickman

I don't get the people being upset about needing new gear to be competitive in the next tier of raiding. This game blends shooter and MMORPG aspects, and a huge aspect of MMORPGs is the gear check. You don't run raids if you're still in blues. You don't run the newest tier raid in the oldest raid's gear. In a game like WoW you grind weekly in hopes of getting a lucky drop, even when you know that you'll be replacing it with the next raid that gets unlocked. Is it just that so many console shooter players haven't played many loot-based games before?

Haha, at least I'm not the only one here. In all fairness, I think it won't be noticeable in game ;)
I only saw the picture as you posted. Never loaded up a high res so I didn't notice. Now that you have mention it. I don't want to see a high res or Ingame. It's always going to be on my mind now :(

E92 M3

I don't get the people being upset about needing new gear to be competitive in the next tier of raiding. This game blends shooter and MMORPG aspects, and a huge aspect of MMORPGs is the gear check. You don't run raids if you're still in blues. You don't run the newest tier raid in the oldest raid's gear. In a game like WoW you grind weekly in hopes of getting a lucky drop, even when you know that you'll be replacing it with the next raid that gets unlocked. Is it just that so many console shooter players haven't played many loot-based games before?

I've never played MMOs before. Destiny is my indoctrination to these type of games. I enjoy new stuff, but I don't everything to become irrelevant because I've grown attached some of my weapons.

I only saw the picture as you posted. Never loaded up a high res so I didn't notice. Now that you have mention it. I don't want to see a high res or Ingame. It's always going to be on my mind now :(

Now you made me feel guilty lol...

I bought the IB fusion rifle even though I never use them. First reroll I got faster recharge time. What are the ideal perks? I got reload faster when empty and further slide. Should I bother messing with it?

Pickman

I've never played MMOs before. Destiny is my indoctrination to these type of games. I enjoy new stuff, but I don't everything to become irrelevant because I've grown attached some of my weapons.

You'll get used to it eventually. Though I'll admit, way before we even knew that Transmog (changing gear appearance to that of other class gear) was going to be a thing in WoW, I had a bank absolutely full of obsolete gear that I just couldn't let go of. Whole paladin and hunter sets covered in dust and surrounded by virtual newspapers and empty pizza boxes I couldn't bring myself to throw out. It was bad.

Pickman

I bought the IB fusion rifle even though I never use them. First reroll I got faster recharge time. What are the ideal perks? I got reload faster when empty and further slide. Should I bother messing with it?

Hammer Forged, Hip Fire, and red dot ORS-1. Hammer forged and ORS-1 keep your shots grouped tighter for a longer distance. Charge time difference with Accelerated Coils isn't really noticeable.

Sykane

Anyone looking to run a fresh hard mode raid? Have 2 level 30's with raid experience, with another possibly getting online soon. PS4, PSN name is Wmc342. Send me an friend request or message

E92 M3

You'll get used to it eventually. Though I'll admit, way before we even knew that Transmog (changing gear appearance to that of other class gear) was going to be a thing in WoW, I had a bank absolutely full of obsolete gear that I just couldn't let go of. Whole paladin and hunter sets covered in dust and surrounded by virtual newspapers and empty pizza boxes I couldn't bring myself to throw out. It was bad.

If they increase our vault size like they should, I will definitely be saving everything. They will also need to add a sort option - that would be very handy.

noomi

Is it wrong that I really have no interest in Iron Banner? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the occasional crucible match, but feel much better with PvE content....

That being said, we've already had two iron banner events, wish we had something like the Queens Wrath again... yes I know new raid content is coming out but for those without season passes... it would be nice to have something else :)

Deku Tree

Is it wrong that I really have no interest in Iron Banner? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the occasional crucible match, but feel much better with PvE content....

That being said, we've already had two iron banner events, wish we had something like the Queens Wrath again... yes I know new raid content is coming out but for those without season passes... it would be nice to have something else :)

If I had to guess, I would say nothing on the coming week, and possibly some PvE event the week before Dark Below drops. Or no PvE event before Dark below at all.

Hyun Sai

Well, in all fairness, I can understand people getting upset if their best gear is obsolete after only 3 months, and even less if they dropped them recently. Unlike standard MMOs, the time between the raids release is very short, and the least they could do is allow people to upgrade their Legendary / Exotic.

Perun's Fire with Accelerated Coils is insane in PVP. I can charge two shots at a bladedancer and kill them before they get close.

Sorry man, I got your FR right after we finished. I'll definitely be up for any future runs though.

Ah, that's alright. Was in a Crucible match when you first posted.

Hiko

Banned
I am only 2 days away from getting Shadow Price, and I haven't even started trying to get Vanquisher. Which one is better? Are they both equally good, just depends on the play style?

They're both basically the same gun in terms of core stats. I think SP has a few extra bullets in the mag while V8 has a slightly faster reload. Otherwise identical. The differences come down to which perks you roll.

Just comparing the stock versions you can buy, I think V8 is overall better. It comes with a perfect stability upgrade and an upgrade that lets you reload really fast after doing damage. It honestly feels like it never stops shooting and it always stays on target. The default scope also makes it really easy to land precision shots. I actually put it on par with the Suros and regularly switch between the two.

The stock SP doesn't have any good perks but the scope it has (the rectangular one with the circular reticule) is really nice for PvP. I actually prefer using the SP over here.

patchday

I finally got to where I could tell if the randoms were going to lose the match right off da bat. At the beginning of the match on a map like Blind Watch if you see the entire team simply dash for Control Point A it is over. you are most likely playing with newbies (or extreme casuals). You gotta race to Point B and lock that down.

I especially knew it was over if they dont even try to take Control Point C. Point C makes it so the team can easily spawn behind Point B. This is really the golden rule for any Control map (take middle control point). Some maps are so awful though. Like Firebase Delphi. The team that spawns at Control Point C might just straight up lose the game right at the beginning. Because the team spawning on Point A can lockdown the spawns and have easy access to Point B. Not to mention they can easily secure point B and from that point forward just lob grenades til their supers are up. Warlocks and Titans wearing Armantium can make this trivial

Control is such a broken mode in this game. It's mindless fun but very unfair because the maps are not setup perfectly symmetrical in many cases.

I got so tired of backpacking randoms that didnt know any better. I'd just give up if I saw them just die over & over. Stayed in the match to earn my medallions of fail though. At one point (well twice), my Hunter had gotten up to 5

Got all my characters Rank 4 at Iron Banner now though.

Bladelaw

Clearing up the banner bounies today will get my Titan to rank 4 so I'll be able to hit 29 fairly easily. Then I need to work on my 27 warlock.

I spent way too much time farming glimmer on the Exclusion Zone. Basically watched all of Spaceballs and a few episodes of Family Guy while running it. On the bright side I now have a fast charging arc Banner Fusion Rifle, and a stable firefly Banner Scout Rifle. Also enough glimmer to get the titan arms and mark. Think it was over 37k glimmer over about 2 hours.

Hammer Forged, Hip Fire, and red dot ORS-1. Hammer forged and ORS-1 keep your shots grouped tighter for a longer distance. Charge time difference with Accelerated Coils isn't really noticeable.

Perun's Fire with Accelerated Coils is insane in PVP. I can charge two shots at a bladedancer and kill them before they get close.

Yeah, I would disagree that accelerated coils aren't noticeable with Perun's, but the ideal perk load out is going to depend on preferred playstyle. The hip fire + hammer forged type load out is awesome when keeping your distance but the fast charge time is pretty unique for a legendary. All the more reason to just farm some glimmer and hold onto a few of them that have complementary perks.

Shito

If I had to guess, I would say nothing on the coming week, and possibly some PvE event the week before Dark Below drops. Or no PvE event before Dark below at all.
When they first spoke about the IB revamp, they were implying Queen's Wrath would be an even bigger change... So my guess is that sadly we probably have quite some time ahead of us before seeing it again. :/

So the only raid exclusive gear (weapons, armour, etc) that I don't have are Vex Mythoclast and Praedeths Timepiece.

Hope I get both next week so I don't have to worry about what gear I get in the raid. This includes all armour for all 3 classes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom