• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

When they first spoke about the IB revamp, they were implying Queen's Wrath would be an even bigger change... So my guess is that sadly we probably have quite some time ahead of us before seeing it again. :/

If Eris is going to sell 30 light armor or better then I don't see a need for a PvE event before th Dark Below honestly. (They said she sells armor on the vid-doc thing, and I don't see why she would sell 27 light armor.)

first world problems, can't play destiny anymore because the wi-fi network i was using has vanished (no it wasn't my neighbors).

only available network is reporting 180 kbps download... bee and baboon through the two missions i attempted. not going through that again.

if i plug in my ethernet cord, my computer will be on that shitty connection instead.

Bladelaw

I think it's shit. The slow recharge rate takes forever. It's awful. You need to basically kill then run and hide which is not my playstyle.

If you figure out how to cook it and bait the enemy into chasing you you get a lot of easy kills with it. It hits like a frieght train even at range.

Hammer Forged, Hip Fire, and red dot ORS-1. Hammer forged and ORS-1 keep your shots grouped tighter for a longer distance. Charge time difference with Accelerated Coils isn't really noticeable.

Tried but I ran out of motes lol. My last attempt gave me hipfire, life support and accelerated coils

The stock one comes with hammer forged so I might pick one up

Rubenov

first world problems, can't play destiny anymore because the wi-fi network i was using has vanished (no it wasn't my neighbors).

only available network is reporting 180 kbps download... bee and baboon through the two missions i attempted. not going through that again.

if i plug in my ethernet cord, my computer will be on that shitty connection instead.

That's some rough first world problem, bordering on second world.

Pickman

I did discover one of my new favorite things to do in Blind Watch during the IB. If I was on alpha team, I'd put on my P&T, go past A and down the first stairwell and stop at the box there. There is an itty bitty little crack between the box and the wall, and it has a completely clear line of sight to C. I usuallly end up with a Marksman spree right off the bat from here, then sidestep before a countersniper can take me out.

Shito

Is an ethernet switch out of the question?
Don't know your rooms disposition, so that may not be feasible...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think it's shit. The slow recharge rate takes forever. It's awful especially for the Thorn bounty. You need to basically kill then run and hide which is not my playstyle.
How I got my Thorn bounty done lol :D I did not run and hide. In fact, if I have any shots left then when I'm cooking my rifle I'm hoping it gives my position away. "Come and get me" is the name of the game with that thing.

To each his own!
If you figure out how to cook it and bait the enemy into chasing you you get a lot of easy kills with it. It hits like a frieght train even at range.
Indeed. It's less of a no-skill feat than some might think, but learning to cook off the high charge fusion rifles with slow charge, high range, impact, and accuracy has made them my preferred type (not that the rapid-charge ones are bad by any means at all). The kills I get away with sometimes using 77 Wizard (or Pocket Infinity of course) are astounding.

Well, in all fairness, I can understand people getting upset if their best gear is obsolete after only 3 months, and even less if they dropped them recently. Unlike standard MMOs, the time between the raids release is very short, and the least they could do is allow people to upgrade their Legendary / Exotic.

I'd echo this - a lot of people are only now getting into 28/29 and only just *starting* to Raid...so pulling the rug out on them will not be welcome!

I've only managed to Raid twice and was really lucky to get a chest drop....but I'm not even that excited about it because there's a real risk it's going to be worthless in 3 weeks time (which will be about 15 hours of game time).

I really really hope they can get a nice cross-over going between the two raids i.e. being able to do the 28 (maybe 30!?) "normal" new raid will give an easier way to get level 30 armour to go back and do the old hard raid....and doing that one will somehow make it easier to do hard mode on the new raid.

Zocano

Played an unhealthy amount of Iron Banner. Never got Timur's Lash :\

Oh well.

Perun's Fire and Jolder's Hammer shall console me.

Got slaughtered in IB last night, 20000 to 6000. Worst blowout of my Crucible / IB playing life.

What does the game choose to reward me with for losing so hard? My first exotic Crucible reward. A MIDA - which I had just bought from Xur.

Hzoltan69

Anyone looking to run a fresh hard mode raid? Have 2 level 30's with raid experience, with another possibly getting online soon. PS4, PSN name is Wmc342. Send me an friend request or message

I have about 1,5 hours, so if we can get an experienced team together quickly, I'm down. PSN: Hzoltan969

I must be the only one who didn´t reroll the Perun´s Fire, i mean, stock version is fucking great already, but all this talk about arc, accelerated coils, rangefinder and what not is making me want another and burn some motes with it...that means A LOT of glimmer, i still need to buy gauntlets for my warlock + shader for my hunter, throw another Perun´s on top of that... i don´t think i have enough time today goddammit, with luck maybe 2 hours and a half.

Besides woking the hive and exclusion zone, do somebody know a magic trick to get glimmer really fast?

Played an unhealthy amount of Iron Banner. Never got Timur's Lash :\

Oh well.

Perun's Fire and Jolder's Hammer shall console me.

sad-i-know-that-feel-bro.png

shem935

Banned
Got slaughtered in IB last night, 20000 to 6000. Worst blowout of my Crucible / IB playing life.

What does the game choose to reward me with for losing so hard? My first exotic Crucible reward. A MIDA - which I had just bought from Xur.

RNGesus flipping double birds as IB walks out the door. Sorry man. It hasn't given me duplicates just taunted me with what I actually want by giving it to members of my fireteam.

Jinjo

Tried but I ran out of motes lol. My last attempt gave me hipfire, life support and accelerated coils

The stock one comes with hammer forged so I might pick one up

That's the exact same setup as my void Final Rest II had. It just loved destroying praetorians.

I stupidly sharded it. :(

I replaced it my solar light/beware with rangefinder AND hammerforged though. It also has grenadier, and I can spec hammerforged for accelerated coils too haha.

RNGesus flipping double birds as IB walks out the door. Sorry man. It hasn't given me duplicates just taunted me with what I actually want by giving it to members of my fireteam.

Haha, it happens. I'll just be over here, still waiting for Ballerhorn...

NeoGAF was downish or something last night, forgot to post one of our sweetest victories and one of my all-time best matches

ahhhhhh so good.

Geez, nice match! And of course, two legendary rewards and neither of them to the top players :)

LiK

I'll try it again if shotty ain't working out for me tonight.

dat impact

I'd suggest getting your hands on a void shotgun

I have the Comedian but it doesn't seem quite as good as FV for PVP.

How I got my Thorn bounty done lol :D I did not run and hide. In fact, if I have any shots left then when I'm cooking my rifle I'm hoping it gives my position away. "Come and get me" is the name of the game with that thing.

To each his own!

Indeed. It's less of a no-skill feat than some might think, but learning to cook off the high charge fusion rifles with slow charge, high range, impact, and accuracy has made them my preferred type (not that the rapid-charge ones are bad by any means at all). The kills I get away with sometimes using 77 Wizard (or Pocket Infinity of course) are astounding.

I'll try it again tonight. Maybe it's better after I upgraded some perks.

Hit Rank 4 on my Hunter last night and bought the gloves. Well, rather I ended up about 500 glimmer shy and had to go kill those 3 yellow hive at the beginning of the Earth Patrol for about 5 minute.

Anyway, so assuming I don't play today, that puts me at

Titan Iron Banner Rank 3
Warlock Iron Banner Rank 3
Hunter Iron Banner Rank 4

Guys... I think I have a problem.

While my Titan is 30, my Warlock and Hunter both still need either the Raid Chest or Helmet. My Hunter still has yet to see a single piece of Raid armor in his entire career.

Dave_6

I need to run the normal Raid this week! I switched up some armor pieces and my Hunter is back down to a 28 now. Need some shards, energy and hopefully a Raid helmet. AE and the Gjallarhorn would be nice too!

Carn82

To each his own!

Hmm, Im gonna try that bounty with a Silvered Eos FR4 (incl Red Dot Ors1, spray and play and speed reload)

LiK

It's not as good as FV, but for the run-and-gun shotgun playstyle it makes the Thorn bounty pretty easy.

The shorter range sucks for some maps so I end up dying and it ruins my Thorn kills. Which is why I'm happy to try my maxed AE with it in IB tonight.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Geez, nice match! And of course, two legendary rewards and neither of them to the top players :)
Thanks! And hey I got Timur's Lash like a match or two before that, RNGesus and I are tight for the moment :D
I have the Comedian but it doesn't seem quite as good as FV for PVP.
Oh, it's not close to as good as found verdict. I'm still not totally clear on this but I think Full Auto allows you to fire much faster even if you're just tapping the trigger. Of course, to some degree a shotgun's a shotgun. Slide and kill baby
I'll try it again tonight. Maybe it's better after I upgraded some perks.
Hip Fire is glorious for PvP "close calls," Cascade isn't that useful. I roll with Lightweight for the speed boost.
Hmm, Im gonna try that bounty with a Silvered Eos FR4 (incl Red Dot Ors1, spray and play and speed reload)
That on the other hand is a quick-charge fusion. You should have no problem as long as you play a little on the defensive side to keep your K/D up.

The shorter range sucks for some maps so I end up dying and it ruins my Thorn kills. Which is why I'm happy to try my maxed AE with it in IB tonight.

Oh, nice. Yeah, AE is great for it as well, obviously. Especially if it's maxed...AE without the stability upgrade is useless imo.

Manp

jesus... those new hive weapons look like crap :|
it's like someone took a dump on the weapons we already have

Navid

Love trolling people as a Defender in my bubble. Waved at a guy from inside, he waved back. Rushed a bit out and killed him with my fusion rifle :3
Bubbles are great fun for changing up the pace of a game, my favorite thing to do however is whenever I see a opposing titan put down a bubble I go in and stick my bubble on top of his so they overlap... everything afterwards is hilarious (especially if he also has the Saint-14 helmet). :D

LiK

Thanks! And hey I got Timur's Lash like a match or two before that, RNGesus and I are tight for the moment :D

Oh, it's not close to as good as found verdict. I'm still not totally clear on this but I think Full Auto allows you to fire much faster even if you're just tapping the trigger. Of course, to some degree a shotgun's a shotgun. Slide and kill baby

Hip Fire is glorious for PvP "close calls," Cascade isn't that useful. I roll with Lightweight for the speed boost.

That on the other hand is a quick-charge fusion. You should have no problem as long as you play a little on the defensive side to keep your K/D up.

Oh no, I hate slide and shottie players so much. I dunno if I wanna start using that tactic

Oh, nice. Yeah, AE is great for it as well, obviously. Especially if it's maxed...AE without the stability upgrade is useless imo.

Yea, stability is the biggest annoyance with it. I have it with Perfect Balance and the recoil is still pretty crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom