• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The new weapons I've seen so far all look pretty sweet to me.
i actually think the new weapons look kinda cool.

the new armor on the other hand...

then again, destiny's armor has been unimpressive so far.
I like a lot of the blue armor appearances and the exotics. It just needs transmutation >_<

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What no screenshot of your awesome 3 kill 6 assist 3.0 k/d on blind watch?
well if it's gon be like that
B3L8RfcCYAEOmly.jpg:large
:3

I hated the way I was playing that match you're talking about though, I just wanted the bounty so bad. Funnily enough when I stopped paying attention to it and we all went on that crazy tear on Shores of Time ("take us back to orbit") I had three 5-kill and one 10-kill streak and got it without noticing XD
Oh no, I hate slide and shottie players so much. I dunno if I wanna start using that tactic
I hate them too, I'm just saying if you want to go the shotgun route to get the Void kills with low risk of death you're casting your lot, lol

Atheon's Epilogue might do the trick though. I got killed with it more than I expected this week, the high RoF rifles seem to hold up better than expected when maxed in IB.

Sweet k/d ratios for everyone. Urk knows how to play.
He's awesome. Good tactician too. Two talons up.

Manp

Yeah, but we don´t have enough room in our vaults for them anyway...

like hell i'm going to trow away all my hard earned and super cool purples and gold for that weirdly shaped shit :D

i actually think the new weapons look kinda cool.

the new armor on the other hand...

then again, destiny's armor has been unimpressive so far.

nnnneh, don't know... i've seen some titan gauntlets in the vidoc that look kinda cool

:)

LiK

I wonder if I should play with Randoms when i try IB tonight. Playing in a party usually means we play against other parties and that makes it tougher.

Rubenov

Bubbles are great fun for changing up the pace of a game, my favorite thing to do however is whenever I see a opposing titan put down a bubble I go in and stick my bubble on top of his so they overlap... everything afterwards is hilarious (especially if he also has the Saint-14 helmet). :D

Had this situation happen yesterday, had about 5 people duking it out inside two bubbles I didn't know wtf was going on.

patchday

I think it's shit. The slow recharge rate takes forever. It's awful especially for the Thorn bounty. You need to basically kill then run and hide which is not my playstyle.

Yeah I'd go with LIGHT/Beware over 77 Wizard in pvp. I have both. But I prefer using my Sniper rifle over Fusions as my special weapon

I wonder if I should play with Randoms when i try IB tonight. Playing in a party usually means we play against other parties and that makes it tougher.

as long as your team is mixing their classes well, piles up on heavy ammo, and communicates which two zones you're going to hold, you'll be fine against most parties. you can't do that with randoms.

LiK

as long as your team is mixing their classes well, piles up on heavy ammo, and communicates which two zones you're going to hold, you'll be fine against most parties. you can't do that with randoms.

Well, I mean for Thorn bounty. You already played with me so I dunno why you're giving me advice about it, lol

Bubbles are great fun for changing up the pace of a game, my favorite thing to do however is whenever I see a opposing titan put down a bubble I go in and stick my bubble on top of his so they overlap... everything afterwards is hilarious (especially if he also has the Saint-14 helmet). :D

THE DOUBLE BUBBLE!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, I mean for Thorn bounty. You already played with me so I dunno why you're giving me advice about it, lol
I wouldn't do IB for the bounty at all, I guess? Seems like the level of competition is a bit higher across the board in there, plus unless you hate rumble it really seems like the best mode for it.

Hoodbury

Aim Assist is starting to piss me off now. I've had a number of encounters where I'm in a firefight with someone who's mid to long range away from me and I'll have them just about dead when another enemy will run across my screen or go next to the guy I'm shooting at and Aim Assist pulls my reticule away from the guy I'm about to kill onto the guy with full shields and health and then I die.

Frustrating. I mostly played CoD with Aim assist off but I haven't seen that option available in this game.

You never really notice how strong Aim Assist is until this scenario happens and then it's like WTF, the game just takes over control of my control.

I wouldn't do IB for the bounty at all, I guess? Seems like the level of competition is a bit higher across the board in there, plus unless you hate rumble it really seems like the best mode for it.

I would be tempted to say that Crucible tonight might be best for Thorn bounty - I've heard that the competition there is lackluster as most of the higher level players are sticking to IB.

LordofPwn

well if it's gon be like that

:3

I hated the way I was playing that match you're talking about though, I just wanted the bounty so bad. Funnily enough when I stopped paying attention to it and we all went on that crazy tear on Shores of Time ("take us back to orbit") I had three 5-kill and one 10-kill streak and got it without noticing XD

Yeah you ended that blind watch match at 9/10 for that bounty and i ended that match on an 8 kill kill spree, and then we both lost it next match on Twilight Gap. But yeah if you don't focus on that bounty it's a lot easier. i ended up getting mine somewhere along the way.

Haha...I should try this. Wish I had Saint 14, stuck with Skullfort and it's for Strikers :(

What is the easiest way to get ascendant materials? Trying to level up a bit before the DLC.

Hard raid, Dailys, Public Time Events, buying legendary weapons/armor for marks and dismantling etc.

Aim Assist is starting to piss me off now. I've had a number of encounters where I'm in a firefight with someone who's mid to long range away from me and I'll have them just about dead when another enemy will run across my screen or go next to the guy I'm shooting at and Aim Assist pulls my reticule away from the guy I'm about to kill onto the guy with full shields and health and then I die.

Frustrating. I mostly played CoD with Aim assist off but I haven't seen that option available in this game.

You never really notice how strong Aim Assist is until this scenario happens and then it's like WTF, the game just takes over control of my control.

My biggest gripe in PVP. Missed so many kills due to this bs. Hope they patch in an option to turn if off next patch but I highly doubt it.

LiK

AE is pretty good in IB from our experience. Since tonight is the last night for it, I want to try it out.

you're doing void kills? i still think it'd be easier to get them in a full party.

I would agree except you guys kill pretty fast and that would make it harder for me, lol

I would be tempted to say that Crucible tonight might be best for Thorn bounty - I've heard that the competition there is lackluster as most of the higher level players are sticking to IB.

Good point. I'll try both solo.

Hit Rank 4 on my Hunter last night and bought the gloves. Well, rather I ended up about 500 glimmer shy and had to go kill those 3 yellow hive at the beginning of the Earth Patrol for about 5 minute.

2 Black Wax Idol's worth(20 minutes) of Awakening the Hive racks up 7000 glimmer if you need more :D

Iceman829

Just going to post this in here even though 98% of the people are ps4 players.

29 Hunter / 28 Titan / 28 Warlock looking to do the Nightfall / Weekly Heroic / Raid once or multiple times. If you need help before the reset I will be available most of the day. If not I will be around most of the week after the reset if you are looking to set anything up.

XB1, GT = Iceman829

I can solo the missions for you if you need them. I'm just bored of playing the game solo. Seems like every raid group I've been apart of stopped playing or found other people

I need to run the normal Raid this week! I switched up some armor pieces and my Hunter is back down to a 28 now. Need some shards, energy and hopefully a Raid helmet. AE and the Gjallarhorn would be nice too!

I'll help if anyone is doing a normal raid, just so I can grab that GKeeper check point for some serious glimmer farming before IB leaves...

Soo anyone planning on going for the flawless raider one of these next days?

I can also help with this if there are enough people around trying to do it today.

Thanks for all the replies. Don't really have the time for VoG, but will give everything else a shot.

VoG should only take 45 minutes as long as you have a halfway decent team, especially normal mode.

Shito

My biggest gripe in PVP. Missed so many kills due to this bs. Hope they patch in an option to turn if off next patch but I highly doubt it.
They should at least tweak it so that you are attracted to enemies with the least HP...
Or add some kind of "magnet" thing that makes it so it's not so easy to change targets all the time.

patchday

i got IB level 5 with my Warlock, my Titan is at Level 2.5, can I make it to Level 4 with him tonight? LOL

I hit Rank 4 on my alt yesterday. He was already Rank 2 though (but just barely). So earned 2 ranks

Today the tempered buff will be even stronger

Playing with randoms it took me quite awhile. But I was able to watch some TV whenever it dropped me into matches where enemy was winning unfeasible matches like 16k to 4k. I was happy to get dropped into those and quickly earned fail medallions. Then redeemed them when I won. As long as I didnt hit 5 I didnt sweat it too much.

I finally got my first legendary weapon from Vanguard level 3: Dr. Nope. I've been using it for the last couple days and can say that this gun kind of sucks. Mine didn't come with any stability perks but instead with increased range, but what good is range if you don't have stability. Can't wait for the vanguard mark cap to reset so I can get 70 more and buy TDYK.

Also I'm going for the Thorn bounty in PVP and getting owned. It's hard because I feel like I can't use my primary weapon, so all I'm doing is shotgun camping. I'm a Hunter so my special doesn't do void damage, nor do grenades. It doesn't help that I didn't play PVP at all up to this point and don't have any feel for the maps. Maybe one day I'll get it done, but it feels kind of like a lost cause right now.

Yes - had a few great flanking opportunities, but rather than being able to target the closest player, my aimer will pick up a guy midrange from me and it's totally screwed up the whole attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom