• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuMa

Should I buy the Devil You Know from Vanguard? Looks like a really cool HC, but I wonder if I'll ever use.

VERY good handcannon, however, I was fortunate to get Timur's Lash from RNGesus, and that has replaced TDYK as my purple HC of choice now.

E92 M3

I bought The Devil You Know because I maxed Vanguard rep again. Its pretty decent and the fast reload perk is good.

My rep is maxed too, but I am hesitant because they said there will be a store for rep exchange so I am trying to save. Though, I'll probably buy it after work.

Best legendary hand cannon after Fatebringer, IMO.

I want that gun so badly. Wouldn't be surprised if I got it after buying TDYK.

I am still looking for a normal raid, in case the 5pm group finishes early. I can bring a 30 hunter friend with me as well.

If anyone else is looking as well just let me know, experienced raider or first timer, all are welcome!

TUSR

Banned
My rep is maxed too, but I am hesitant because they said there will be a store for rep exchange so I am trying to save. Though, I'll probably buy it after work.

Just buy it, reset is tomorrow and you can get a majority of that rep back from Weekly/Nightfall/Tiger in no time.

KodaRuss

Is the Iron Banner Fusion rifle any good? I have the raid one and I believe it is going to be better in almost ever catagory and the perks are both very good as well.

Cant remember them all but the raid one does have the last half of magazine does more damage.

Assists count for the Thorn bounty as well. Every assist will get you 5 points, same as a kill.

How does that work though? You just hit them with a void weapon and let someone else kill them? Could've sworn this didn't work when I was doing the bounty.

Edit: are you sure you aren't thinking of the invective bounty?

phen0m24

So thanks to lunlunqq for our fun run through the GK's to Atheon last night. We eventually took him down after the Praetorian Who Wouldn't Die (TM), his cousin the Oracle Who Wouldn't Die, and My Detention Bubble Followed Me through Time.

In Destiny, Game Glitches You!

Oh yeah, I got shards. And a legendary loading screen.
ship

Of course then someone had a Oracle Templar CP on hard, which we beat pretty quickly.
because alts

shards and energies
kill me now

So uh, hey! Guess what? I've got another checkpoint on the Gatekeepers on hard!
OT11|Deja Vu All Over Again

Strider

Lik you're plenty good enough to get the Thorn Bounty done anyway in just a few matches. It really doesn't take that long. 5 points per kill and -2 per death isn't a big deal. You'll be done in no time.

Hoodbury

How does that work though? You just hit them with a void weapon and let someone else kill them? Could've sworn this didn't work when I was doing the bounty.

Edit: are you sure you aren't thinking of the invective bounty?

Hmm, guess I thought it was working for both of them. Must have only been the Invective one. My fault for getting your hopes up LiK.

LiK

Lik you're plenty good enough to get the Thorn Bounty done anyway in just a few matches. It really doesn't take that long. 5 points per kill and -2 per death isn't a big deal. You'll be done in no time.

Every death just pisses me off more cuz of the penalty to Bounty. I guess I'm better at PVP now than when I first tried the Bounty ages ago. Holy shit, I've had this bounty for way too long.

Are you playing tonight? Let's team up.

Every death just pisses me off more cuz of the penalty to Bounty. I guess I'm better at PVP now than when I first tried the Bounty a few weeks ago. Holy shit, I've had this bounty for way too long.

Are you playing tonight? Let's team up.

The Thorn bounty kind of ruined PvP for me while I was working on it. Like you said, every death pissed me off even more, because nothing is worse than seeing your progress get erased by a Bladedancer, etc.

zewone

Dragging scrubs to victory in the Iron Banner.

Zu7gWiF.jpg

LiK

The Thorn bounty kind of ruined PvP for me while I was working on it. Like you said, every death pissed me off even more, because nothing is worse than seeing your progress get erased by a Bladedancer, etc.

Yea, but I guess I have myself to blame cuz I thought Clash would make it easier but it actually messed me up. But now that I have Corrective Measure as well, it will make it easier, I suppose.

Shito

Bungie should stop those pvp bounties where you can lose progress...
Doesn't motivate people to play good, and only pisses them off.

EL CUCO

I Hope my weekly Raid team doesn't mind hitting Crotas Raid blind. I'd like to give it a run without knowing what to expect. Having to figure out the mechanics and what not sounds like a challenge I'm definitely up for.

I never got to experience VoG that way.
What you say, Deku and Madgame? ;)

Hyun Sai

I'd echo this - a lot of people are only now getting into 28/29 and only just *starting* to Raid...so pulling the rug out on them will not be welcome!

I've only managed to Raid twice and was really lucky to get a chest drop....but I'm not even that excited about it because there's a real risk it's going to be worthless in 3 weeks time (which will be about 15 hours of game time).

I really really hope they can get a nice cross-over going between the two raids i.e. being able to do the 28 (maybe 30!?) "normal" new raid will give an easier way to get level 30 armour to go back and do the old hard raid....and doing that one will somehow make it easier to do hard mode on the new raid.

My guess is the new legendaries will stay at 300, and we'll likely be able to upgrade exotic to 330, unless only one or 2 weapons reach that "prestige" damage.

Perhaps we'll also have a new tier of difficulty for Vault of Glass to help it stay relevant.

Trash Man

Neo Member
I Hope my weekly Raid team doesn't mind hitting Crotas Raid blind. I'd like to give it a run without knowing what to expect. Having to figure out the mechanics and what not sounds like a challenge I'm definitely up for.

That's how our team is going to try it, at least to start with :)

Strider

I never got to experience VoG that way.
What you say, Deku and Madgame? ;)

Def go in blind if you can. VoG first time through was an amazing experience not knowing what was coming up next. Probably the most fun I had gaming all year. Hoping the first time through Crota's End is similar.

LiK

Def go in blind if you can. VoG first time through was an amazing experience not knowing what was coming up next. Probably the most fun I had gaming all year. Hoping the first time through Crota's End is similar.

I'm gonna laugh if we do the exact same thing except with different textures.

realcZk

BuzzJive

I've had a terribly busy week and I wish they'd keep IB around. I was afraid I'd get worked in there, but I feel like overall I've won at least as much as I've lost. I got my boots and just need to level them up to hit 30. Good times!

My dreams are dashed....

The thorn bounty should not be too bad all you need is a few good game going. Having a solid team does help. Rock your void gear and hang back and defend a control point. Making a mad dash for the heavy ammo drop. That worked wonders for me when i was doing the bounty. I also had my warlock with void on which made things earier.

LiK

The thorn bounty should not be too bad all you need is a few good game going. Having a solid team does help. Rock your void gear and hang back and defend a control point. Making a mad dash for the heavy ammo drop. That worked wonders for me when i was doing the bounty. I also had my warlock with void on which made things earier.

I should also switch my Titan to Defender for the grenades. I keep forgetting. I think if I had the bounty for Warlock, It would be so much easier.

Ambitious

Well, let's try this one last time.

By the way, I'm still interested in forming a regular raid group (primarily the HM raid, but my alt is now ready for the normal one). Friday/Saturday night, Central European Time.

edit: Probably wasn't the smartest idea to post this at this time (1am) when most Europeans are asleep.

realcZk

This is awesome!

Please for the love of god no relics or relic type items...

I believe it'll be like the VoG gate opening sequence, waves of enemies to survive against until a bridge is built/door is opened to the actual raid. There's a debuff on you at this time called "weight of the darkness" which people speculate make you immobile/move extremely slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom