• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it'll be like the VoG gate opening sequence, waves of enemies to survive against until a bridge is built/door is opened to the actual raid. There's a debuff on you at this time called "weight of the darkness" which people speculate make you immobile/move extremely slow.

Bungie has a real ace in the hole if they can make the next raid even remotely interesting and challenging... One of the great things about WoW was the raid system, and having such a tight fps game mechanically with a wicked raid system has the potential to be lightning in a bottle.

I still believe deep down inside that this expansion was supposed to be part of the original game. Maybe it is me being jaded over getting such a steaming pile of crap when it came to story and other smaller things when the game was first delivered. But I hope that Sword of Crota will at least shed some light on the universe in a wickedly cool way and tell more story then we received with the initial release of Destiny.

E92 M3

Just buy it, reset is tomorrow and you can get a majority of that rep back from Weekly/Nightfall/Tiger in no time.

You're right, I have to stop being a cheap ass and get it while the perks are hot.

Not really sure why I want Thorn since Bungie accidentally nerfed it. I guess I just want it in my collection.

It'll be better than ever soon!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Please try to spoiler tag anything you know specifically about the new raid for the time being, many thanks!
You're right, I have to stop being a cheap ass and get it while the perks are hot.

It'll be better than ever soon!
The Devil You Know from the Vanguard has been by my side throughout the solar system. It has never shirked from a task or disappointed me. It is my constant companion and the counterweight when Hawkmoon is holstered. Only Fatebringer will make me withdraw it from my usual arsenal, but I'll still be keeping it in my inventory.

realcZk

Bungie has a real ace in the hole if they can make the next raid even remotely interesting and challenging... One of the great things about WoW was the raid system, and having such a tight fps game mechanically with a wicked raid system has the potential to be lightning in a bottle.

I still believe deep down inside that this expansion was supposed to be part of the original game. Maybe it is me being jaded over getting such a steaming pile of crap when it came to story and other smaller things when the game was first delivered. But I hope that Sword of Crota will at least shed some light on the universe in a wickedly cool way and tell more story then we received with the initial release of Destiny.

I'm sure most of it was, the amount of content that it's bringing makes me believe it was in development for quite a while. In a recent interview Bungie said they developed the story over the course of 3 months. I'm sure it takes much longer than that to create, tune, and polish a raid (although VoG wasn't very polished :p). I find it hard to complain having just under 500 hours into the base game, and I'm scared at how long I'll play for after this DLC.

Playing Crucible again for IB reminded me how awful the loot system is, hahahaha. Bungie you should be embarrassed.

Last place gets Jolders Hammer, AFK gets Hawkmoon, hahaha. Idiots.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Playing Crucible again for IB reminded me how awful the loot system is, hahahaha. Bungie you should be embarrassed.

It has to work this way. You don't enjoy the PvP, stop playing it altogether.

Greenymac

Not really sure why I want Thorn since Bungie accidentally nerfed it. I guess I just want it in my collection.

You want it because once it is back to original form it WRECKS SHIT BRUH! I havent played any iron banner because of it. I wanted to come into iron banner and poison bitches with my Thorn, but stealth nerf says no.

But they have to entice these people with shiny toy guns to increase their interest in continuing to play.

I wish there was a rating system in place for playing with pick up groups...

I had 2 extremely drunk, and very stoned individuals in my nightfall that I would have awarded Gold Stars if I could have as not only could they play quite well under the influence. They also were funny, sincere and overall just wicked to be in a party with.

Grimsen

I don't really see a problem with it. Plenty of rewards to get by gaining rep. All the activities in Destiny should have the rep/coin system IMO.

PuMa

The Devil You Know from the Vanguard has been by my side throughout the solar system. It has never shirked from a task or disappointed me. It is my constant companion and the counterweight when Hawkmoon is holstered. Only Fatebringer will make me withdraw it from my usual arsenal, but I'll still be keeping it in my inventory.

Have you tried Timur's Lash yet? Good gun as well!

hydruxo

Yeah I got about 12k glimmer from the Exclusion Zone mission in 30-45 min. IB gloves & boots bought, just need to get to rank 5 today and get that scout rifle.

E92 M3

Please try to spoiler tag anything you know specifically about the new raid for the time being, many thanks!

I am convinced; can't wait for Fatebringer either.

LiK

Yeah I got about 12k glimmer from the Exclusion Zone mission in 30-45 min. IB gloves & boots bought, just need to get to rank 5 today and get that scout rifle.

Exclusion Zone is better than Hive for Glimmer? I should've done that then.

hydruxo

Exclusion Zone is better than Hive for Glimmer? I should've done that then.

Yep, right after you deploy the ghost and those two dropships come, on the second dropship there's a ton of cabal majors that you can kill and get 500-600 glimmer per run. Pop a Resupply Code every once in a while too for extra glimmer. Kill all the legionaries then let the two phalanxes kill you, rinse & repeat.

You can´t kill all the guys after the ship drops them right? someone must be alive before the grenade/rocket suicide to keep the checkpoint right, just asking to be sure, i plan to do this today A LOT.

realcZk

You can´t kill all the guys after the ship drops them right? someone must be alive before the grenade/rocket suicide to keep the checkpoint right, just asking to be sure, i plan to do this today A LOT.

Yes, leave one major enemy alive before dying to reset from the beginning. If you kill them, you'll get the checkpoint after the dropship.

hydruxo

Yep just kill all the ultras/majors then let the two red bar phalanxes stay alive and kill you, or you can just suicide if you want. That's how I was doing it and worked fine for me this morning.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You have this in the bag. Use your base awesome to carry your team to victory!
extremely close game but I started laggiing horribly halfway through and didn't get a kill in the last 5 mins despite leading the team in kills before that. :-/ 20000-18000

the different playing with randoms is so palpable though. Even in more lopsided matches with a group, I at least knew what I should be doing...
Have you tried Timur's Lash yet? Good gun as well!
Just got it last night, but the perks are no good- first order of business is to hit Rank 4 tonight, then farm a bunch of glimmer, then buy the gloves and Perun's Fire, then lots of reforging

realcZk

Yep just kill all the ultras/majors then let the two red bar phalanxes stay alive and kill you, or you can just suicide if you want. That's how I was doing it and worked fine for me this morning.

Oh, nice. I thought you had to leave the majors to prevent the checkpoint but if you can just leave the regular enemies that's even better, more glimmer per hour :)

Deku Tree

I Hope my weekly Raid team doesn't mind hitting Crotas Raid blind. I'd like to give it a run without knowing what to expect. Having to figure out the mechanics and what not sounds like a challenge I'm definitely up for.

I never got to experience VoG that way.
What you say, Deku and Madgame? ;)

I can go in blind... but I can't promise to be able to stay up until the next morning trying to finish it. If you want to go in blind, which does sound like fun, then we might need to finish it the second night or something depending upon how it goes. (I am not sure if MADGAME currently reads every page of this thread.)

I really did not think my statement out before posting...

I fully believe a sword relic would be amazeballs.

Text prompt actually says "Pick Up Relic" when you grab the sword during the Sword of Crota mission. I frickin' love the VoG relic though. It's a really brilliant piece of design, considering how fun the gameplay mechanics are and how well they tie into Kabr's lore.

Ambitious

Bad News: I won't be able to play the extension on release, but three days after.
Good News: That's when my holidays start. Almost four weeks off!

After running hot and cold throughout IB, finally got to level 5. Bought Perun's Fire in assorted flavors (the arc version has rangefinder and accelerated coils) on the PS version.

On the Xbox version, got Timur's Lash with some decent perks and the Birth of History. Also got a lwgendary heavy engram and it gave me the solar Zombie Apoc. Not a bad haul.

LordofPwn

using Pocket Infinity to farm up these Cabal, and it keeps bugging out and needing to be reequipped :'(

why use pocket infinity when you got a shiny new timurs las last night?
Photo%20Nov%2024%2C%2012%2007%2018%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Nov%2024%2C%2012%2007%2005%20PM.jpg
My best/favorite match from last night.

PuMa

Just got it last night, but the perks are no good- first order of business is to hit Rank 4 tonight, then farm a bunch of glimmer, then buy the gloves and Perun's Fire, then lots of reforging

It's not going to be the most stable of HCs, but it sure packs a punch. I've got it with Field Scout, which brings my ammo capacity up to 13!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
why use pocket infinity when you got a shiny new timurs las last night?

My best/favorite match from last night.
That was great hehe.

It's shiny and new yes, but needs rerollinz. Not ideal perks by a long shot yet
It's not going to be the most stable of HCs, but it sure packs a punch. I've got it with Field Scout, which brings my ammo capacity up to 13!
Yeah, I want Field Scout for sure, and I'm dying for a gun with explosive rounds. I get those two and I'll stop rolling.

Mindlog

Def go in blind if you can. VoG first time through was an amazing experience not knowing what was coming up next. Probably the most fun I had gaming all year. Hoping the first time through Crota's End is similar.
Speaking of...

I don't know if I can get in on World First type action (will have to check schedule) but I am definitely interested in first week. Is there a group of very well equipped and very veteran raiders looking to get in on Crota's when it is released?

Would really like to be among the first this time around. I have readied max legendaries/exotics for every damage type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom