• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

I'm definitely gonna be up to do the raid the day it unlocks... It's still a little too early to start organizing a group tho. I'll try to do that when it gets closer to release date.

This reminds me bc I'm curious... Is someone making a brand new OT for the expansion or are we just going to keep using OT11, 12 ,etc?

EL CUCO

I can go in blind... but I can't promise to be able to stay up until the next morning trying to finish it. If you want to go in blind, which does sound like fun, then we might need to finish it the second night or something depending upon how it goes. (I am not sure if MADGAME currently reads every page of this thread.)

Yeah depending on how complicated it is and how we are on time, we might need to finish on a second day. It's all good with me.

We can talk about it more on Wed.

LordofPwn

That was great hehe.

It's shiny and new yes, but needs rerollinz. Not ideal perks by a long shot yet

Yeah, I want Field Scout for sure, and I'm dying for a gun with explosive rounds. I get those two and I'll stop rolling.

Not sure if i should re-roll mine or not.
1st Perk: Return to sender - kills grant bonus ammo direct to magazine
Perk Tree: Light Weight, Perfect Balance, Explosive Rounds
2nd Perk: Mulligan - missing has a chance to return ammo to magazine

Is Peruns Fire worth getting?

Most definitely. Get one, re-roll it until something nice drops, then buy another and re-roll some more. I've got a solar and void version that I like, going to buy a 3rd one here soon.

Speaking of...

I don't know if I can get in on World First type action (will have to check schedule) but I am definitely interested in first week. Is there a group of very well equipped and very veteran raiders looking to get in on Crota's when it is released?

Would really like to be among the first this time around. I have readied max legendaries/exotics for every damage type.

Our flawless group is planning to hit the raid at the first possible minute that it opens, presumably at 4am EST on 12-9. Maybe I'm mistaken but I only know of 5 of us for sure that are down for it right now (me, mattiator, steroyd, astro, and cyborg). Not sure if anyone else from our usual raiding parties wants to be the 6th but otherwise there may be an opening.

I would keep that one personally, especially if you have a 2nd one that you could re-roll instead. Looks pretty darn good to me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ooh, now das niiice.
besides hating the raid hunter gloves, this is the main reason I want the IB gloves too. My path to 30 means using Crest of Alpha Lupi on my Hunter and it really does look good.
not a bad roll. If you can live without field scout (which you very much can with both mulligan and return to sender), you're in good shape. Explosive rounds on that bad boy
Is Peruns Fire worth getting?
Do you like Fusion Rifles and are you willing to spend motes to reroll it?

Ruze789

Does Timur's Lash always have a base magazine size of 7 or is that also subject to a roll? Mine is base of 7, I have Field Scout but don't really want to level it up to there if it could get a better reroll.

EL CUCO

You definitely need Field Scout. It takes it from 7 to 13. Try to settle for something that compliments it. I spent 30 motes until I finally found some bonuses that were useful together. I was hoping for Field Scout and Luck in the chamber but settled for Crowd Control. Can't wait to max this puppy.

That was great hehe.

Yeah, I want Field Scout for sure, and I'm dying for a gun with explosive rounds. I get those two and I'll stop rolling.

But Field Scout and Explosive Rounds share the same tree. It's one or the other, you can't have both at the same time.

LordofPwn

besides hating the raid hunter gloves, this is the main reason I want the IB gloves too. My path to 30 means using Crest of Alpha Lupi on my Hunter and it really does look good.

not a bad roll. If you can live without field scout (which you very much can with both mulligan and return to sender), you're in good shape. Explosive rounds on that bad boy

Do you like Fusion Rifles and are you willing to spend motes to reroll it?

You definitely need Field Scout. It takes it from 7 to 13. Try to settle for something that compliments it. I spent 30 motes until I finally found some bonuses that were useful together. I was hoping for Field Scout and Luck in the chamber but settled for Crowd Control. Can't wait to max this puppy.

In PVE Return to sender only worked maybe 2-3 times per clip and that was with 1 shooting enemies. haven't seen how well mulligan works
cause i don't miss.

If i can get a few more motes i might re-roll. feels maybe slightly slightly above average

Crowd Control is better anyways since chaining kills increases the damage.

Our flawless group is planning to hit the raid at the first possible minute that it opens, presumably at 4am EST on 12-9. Maybe I'm mistaken but I only know of 5 of us for sure that are down for it right now (me, mattiator, steroyd, astro, and cyborg). Not sure if anyone else from our usual raiding parties wants to be the 6th but otherwise there may be an opening.
I hate to tell you, but they've announced that the raid will be locked out of the initial launch, just like the Vault of Glass was. In this case, I am betting they'll wait a week, so Dec 16.

Nodnol

Do you not think the raid helmet looks poor? It just doesn't compliment the look.

I so hope there's a wider variety of looks when it comes to Light 30 gear. Having an orange glow stick on my chest is bad enough as it is.

IB wont last forever, and i need rank 4

That's hardcore

I think it's shit. The slow recharge rate takes forever. It's awful especially for the Thorn bounty. You need to basically kill then run and hide which is not my playstyle.

I used a void comedian. Got it done pretty quickly.

Oh no, I hate slide and shottie players so much. I dunno if I wanna start using that tactic

I can't stand it either and you don't have to run and slide around to get kills with a shotgun

hydruxo

Do you not think the raid helmet looks poor? It just doesn't compliment the look.

I so hope there's a wider variety of looks when it comes to Light 30 gear. Having an orange glow stick on my chest is bad enough as it is.

I think the raid helm for hunters is the only piece of raid gear that looks good. The chest looks decent, but the gloves & boots are just random pieces glued together and they look awful. It's mainly the reason I did IB for the gloves & boots.

realcZk

Crota raid won't be available day one. It was definitely mentioned by Bungie a while back.

Yeah, they said it'll be available later. VoG was out a week after the release of Destiny, so I'm expecting the same thing. Not sure why they do that, maybe to give everything a chance to "settle in first", or they are trying to squeeze some extra polish in.

LiK said:
Guess they changed their minds.

Oh well then... vacation request sent.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow, the vendor version of Gheleon's Demise is actually fantastic. My Titan would love that for PvE. It's rather similar to the dropped The Calling I was going to give him which also has Firefly, but that thing has Luck in the Chamber (near-useless with a Scout IMO), versus the Demise's Mulligan (infinitely useful). Wonder if it's practical to hit Level 5 tonight in addition to all the other stuff I wanna do.
But Field Scout and Explosive Rounds share the same tree. It's one or the other, you can't have both at the same time.
damnit.

then I actually want the exact version LordofPwn has.

This is Urk's post regarding the new raid. This was yesterday.
That's good to know. My source was an interview from a few weeks ago. Perhaps there was bitching and they changed their minds. Don't forget that the Venus raid didn't show up until you did one or two of the story missions on Venus. That might push back your plans a few half hours. :D

Iron Banner gear with Alpha Lupi looks so good.

B3OdvUhIEAA38vm.jpg

That's exactly what I've been sporting, too

yBbQSI0.jpg

LiK

That's good to know. My source was an interview from a few weeks ago. Perhaps there was bitching and they changed their minds. Don't forget that the Venus raid didn't show up until you did one or two of the story missions on Venus. That might push back your plans a few half hours. :D

I assume so. Some people only live for the raids. Personally, I'll try it out but I'm not excited for it at all.

Wow, the vendor version of Gheleon's Demise is actually fantastic. My Titan would love that for PvE. It's rather similar to the dropped The Calling I was going to give him which also has Firefly, but that thing has Luck in the Chamber (near-useless with a Scout IMO), versus the Demise's Mulligan (infinitely useful). Wonder if it's practical to hit Level 5 tonight in addition to all the other stuff I wanna do.

damnit.

You had to know that would make your Lash OP. Can't have crazy impact + field scout + explosive rounds + 300 attack in the next IB lol.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I actually love the Raid hunter helm, lol. Looks like a beak :p
In PVE Return to sender only worked maybe 2-3 times per clip and that was with 1 shooting enemies. haven't seen how well mulligan works
damnit.

cause i don't miss.

If i can get a few more motes i might re-roll. feels maybe slightly slightly above average
I'm actually torn now. One with Field Scout and Explosive Rounds would still be workable- Field Scout for PvE, Explosive for PvP. But I'd take Explosive with Return to Sender/Mulligan happily too. You described a 9-10 magazine out of a 7 round magazine, that's not too shabby with every shot hitting.

Strider

Almost 18.000 posts already? Is it just my imagination or does this thread grow way faster than the previous two or three?

It probably did. A lot of people I'd guess (myself included) are coming back to the game/thread after a break since we're getting ready for the Dark Below :D

This weekend made my road to 30 so much closer.

Raid:
- Got the Chest Armor (which is a bit unfortunate because I already had an exotic there)
- Got a Vision of Confluence... which is my first decent weapon since my Pocket Infinity.

Nightfall: Shards only, but I needed them.

Iron Banner:
- Got the Gloves/Boots from the Iron Banner
- Got 2 regular legendary armor pieces for my Titan as random drops.

Plus it was nice to finally play a decent amount of PVP. I had a total of 1.5 hours before this Iron Banner started, and now I've put in about 12.5.

I know these are pretty modest gains, but I'm playing fairly casually, and this is more than I've done over the past two weeks prior.

Edit: Also, thanks to the gaffers who let me join their group on Friday night for the raid.... I've split my few raids between GAF and DestinyLFG, and it's always better with GAF.

Frenden

Banned
That was great hehe.

I have one with both--they're the same tree, so you won't be able to use them at the same time.

TLW is a killing machine in PvP after you get the Last Word upgrade. No need to ADS at all.

It's such a beautiful weapon. I love using it and hate it when I have to bust out the suros for the AR head shots bounty. Only issue I have with TLW is that sometimes hip fire hits don't register and it's infuriating. Bungie needs to get on that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom