• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a super dooper important question. Can I play the expansion on another ps3 even though i purchased it on another ps3 with the same account?

I'm asking because so far i've been playing on my friend's PS3 here in my college town with my PSN, and I purchased the expansion pass back on launch.

However, in December I'm going back home to my...actual home. If I sign in my PSN on my console at my actual home, will I be able to play the expansion on it?

It's such a beautiful weapon. I love using it and hate it when I have to bust out the suros for the AR head shots bounty. Only issue I have with TLW is that sometimes hip fire hits don't register and it's infuriating. Bungie needs to get on that

This x1000. It sucks when it happens in a firefight in Crucible. X marks the spot and no damage numbers whatsoever when you hip fire sometimes.

lunch break - 13 mins left on Tempered - diving into my first IB match solo, yikes!

Solo matchmaking in IB is a wild ride of emotions i'll tell you that. I think just like playing dark souls for the first time you give in to the pain and wait for the one spark of light when everything clicks. Its just painful when 30 secs into the match you size up your team and know its going to end badly.

Hoodbury

Hawkian, ready with OT11?

I was out of town when OT9 was finishing up and OT10 started so I never got to put in my suggestion for OT10, but I was thinking OT10's for any game on GAF should be a Top 10 list for the game.

So it would be Destiny OT10 Top 10 things about Destiny

Then in the OP the first part would be a top ten list of funny things or meme's about the game that we've come up with over the course of 10 OT's.

Sez you!

QiEfm4U.jpg

That looks really nice. Since the event is only available for a week and the rankings are going to reset I wish reputation earned was shared by all 3 characters. I needed the gloves for my titan so that was priority. Now I'm working on my warlock cause I think the warlock armor (especially the helmet and chest which we'll eventually get) looks really cool. Will not have time for another character

LiK

Solo matchmaking in IB is a wild ride of emotions i'll tell you that. I think just like playing dark souls for the first time you give in to the pain and wait for the one spark of light when everything clicks. Its just painful when 30 secs into the match you size up your team and know its going to end badly.

I think the better you are, the more chances it'll match you up with shit players to make it balanced. I've heard nothing but bad experiences with top players here on GAF.

Nodnol

I actually love the Raid hunter helm, lol. Looks like a beak :p

I just don't want to look like I'm cosplaying a Vex, lol.

I've got a wolf on back, my shoulder pads, trees on my thighs and if I want a wolf on my chest, I need to have a garish helmet. Makes me sad.

I'd imagine The Dark Below is Hive influenced gear.

Here's hoping next time IB comes around, they give us the helmet and chest.

BondFancy

How do I reforge the Iron Banner weapons? I just got a Timur's Lash out of a match and want some better perks on it.

You have to have the weapon you want to have reforged equipped. Then talk to Saladin and you'll see the option. Each roll resets progress on the weapon and costs 2 Motes of light!

This x1000. It sucks when it happens in a firefight in Crucible. X marks the spot and no damage numbers whatsoever when you hip fire sometimes.

Yeah I've unloaded all 8 rounds into chest and head and nothing. Was seeing the x's too as I was doing it. I've heard this is an issue with other weapons as well but I guess it's more noticable with TLW since you're mostly hip firing it

Edit** I acfually noticed this issue in PVE when I first got the weapon so it's not a PVP only issue

I think the better you are, the more chances it'll match you up with shit players to make it balanced. I've heard nothing but bad experiences with top players here on GAF.

Tell me about it, i think most are playing smart and grouping up because its crazy how many losing teams I've landed on. In a weird twisted way, I've gotten use to stacking up the medallions and cashing them all in whenever i get a winning match. It's to the point that winning matches back to back feel slower which i know is all the same.

hydruxo

Yeah I have way more fun playing with a cohesive group in IB (or just pvp in general). Especially with gaffers. Probably only lost 4 or 5 matches total over the last few days when I was in a full fireteam of gaffers.

Did you prove it?

0.33 k/d and I got the IB hand cannon.

Actually I was getting my ass handed to me all night, and I'm pretty sure at least half of us walked away with a legendary. There were some heavy hitters in the party drawing some serious competition and not leaving a whole lot of people to kill. I had a great time and hope their backs don't hurt too much from all of the carrying.

FyreWulff

Finally able to get on today, grabbing my bounties and going to try to finish off IB rank and get some stuff or at least get the 100/100 crucipoints thing

psn4: Fyre_Wulff

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I assume so. Some people only live for the raids. Personally, I'll try it out but I'm not excited for it at all.
hahaha wow. it's amazing that this game can retain so many different types of players so effectively
Almost 18.000 posts already? Is it just my imagination or does this thread grow way faster than the previous two or three?
We had a patch, and Iron Banner.

But generally speaking...

The shelf life of one of these OTs can best be characterized as "Two Xur visits." None have yet made it to a third.
Iron Banner did that.

Hawkian, ready with OT11?
I was out of town when OT9 was finishing up and OT10 started so I never got to put in my suggestion for OT10, but I was thinking OT10's for any game on GAF should be a Top 10 list for the game.

So it would be Destiny OT10 Top 10 things about Destiny

Then in the OP the first part would be a top ten list of funny things or meme's about the game that we've come up with over the course of 10 OT's.
I actually have an idea for a more festive/humorous style of OT in mind for 11 since it's a little unprecedented. Still want to keep all the good helpful features though and offer a link to that checklist too.

E92 M3

Almost 18.000 posts already? Is it just my imagination or does this thread grow way faster than the previous two or three?

We're on the eve of an expansion and there is a lot of activity going around the game :)

It probably did. A lot of people I'd guess (myself included) are coming back to the game/thread after a break since we're getting ready for the Dark Below :D

I know I took 2 week break and now I'm back stronger than ever. Sucks that I won't be able to finish up IB though. Sucks playing without a team.

0.33 k/d and I got the IB hand cannon.

Actually I was getting my ass handed to me all night, and I'm pretty sure at least half of us walked away with a legendary. There were some heavy hitters in the party drawing some serious competition and not leaving a whole lot of people to kill. I had a great time and hope their backs don't hurt too much from all of the carrying.

Going to try out your theory haha.

Gimme the Lash, RNJESUS!

LiK

hahaha wow. it's amazing that this game can retain so many different types of players so effectively

We had a patch, and Iron Banner.

But generally speaking...

The shelf life of one of these OTs can best be characterized as "Two Xur visits." None have yet made it to a third.

I actually have an idea for a more festive/humorous style of OT in mind for 11 since it's a little unprecedented. Still want to keep all the good helpful features though and offer a link to that checklist too.

The Flawless runs with all those glitches burned me out. I've only played one Normal raid with my Warlock alt since then. I've mentioned it before but only PVP has kept my interest. I haven't even played the Strikes playlist in forever.

Anyone doing a hard raid tonight? Or even a normal for that matter? I have two characters that could use either!

Level 30 and 29 Titans. PSN: TheTylerDurden

Likely can't check GAF too frequently today, so a PSN message would be best!

LordofPwn

damnit.

then I actually want the exact version LordofPwn has.
eh. once you get fatebringer explosive rounds on a timur's lash for PVP is a bit useless

I'm actually torn now. One with Field Scout and Explosive Rounds would still be workable- Field Scout for PvE, Explosive for PvP. But I'd take Explosive with Return to Sender/Mulligan happily too. You described a 9-10 magazine out of a 7 round magazine, that's not too shabby with every shot hitting.

2 headshots and a body shot to kill with timurs lash in iron banner as a 29, not fully upgraded. need to try it out in like clash to see what it does damage wise. at best you can get 3 kills with 7 shot magazine on mine. but if i had a return to sender with field scout and something to give stability, that would be ideal for me.

void666

Banned
I've been playing IB solo as, unfortunately, my friends moved to other games.
But it's fine. I usually win one, lose one, win another and so on.
Yesterday though i needed one last victory to reach rank 3. Three defeats in a row...

LordofPwn

Urk (in this thread) said it will be available right away if all goes to plan.

I would imagine you may need to unlock it after completing the story missions and strike first. so like a couple hours. wouldn't mind them pushing it a day or till the weekend, so that they can deal with any new content launch bugs. but whatever. going to try and take the 9th off and go into the raid blind.

Anyone doing a hard raid tonight? Or even a normal for that matter? I have two characters that could use either!

Level 30 and 29 Titans. PSN: TheTylerDurden

Likely can't check GAF too frequently today, so a PSN message would be best!

Yes, yes, and yes. I haven't made it through on any toon since IB has been consuming my time. I do have a checkpoint at the gorgon maze, so at the very least I'll be grabing some chests. I just need to farm some glimmer for the IB fusion rifle at some point.

Gotta post the wishlist before reset tomorrow:

1. Gjallahorn
2. Fatebringer
3. Façade of the Hezen Lords
5. Praedyth's Revenge
6. Vision of Confluence

I give up, this game is real fucking hard. The first strike is impossibe;. 3 level 7s and if we barely get by the room with 3 waves of enemies. Then we have to face a giant tank? We can't even scratch it, and all the while it OHKOs us and we have a dozen fallen everywhere. Fuck this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom