• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
F1JvRXo.jpg

nxzeOY2.jpg

962.gif

better than getting 5 strange coins.

Axoman

Just going to post this in here even though 98% of the people are ps4 players.

29 Hunter / 28 Titan / 28 Warlock looking to do the Nightfall / Weekly Heroic / Raid once or multiple times. If you need help before the reset I will be available most of the day. If not I will be around most of the week after the reset if you are looking to set anything up.

XB1, GT = Iceman829

I can solo the missions for you if you need them. I'm just bored of playing the game solo. Seems like every raid group I've been apart of stopped playing or found other people

Iceman!! You've played with my group a few times, we do all that stuff together, feel free to join us!

We are hoping to get another raid in tonight before the reset if you want to join, we're on each others friends lists already.

I could also use Nightfall/Weekly help tonight as well on an alt if you're game.

Pickman

Awesome loot system. :)

Yeah, now that I've got Rank 4 unlocked and all the shit I want from IB, I'm just going to log in tonight and run headfirst into any bullets I can find until the matches are over, then hope for loots. Spray and pray as I approach so I at least look like I'm a bad player and not intentionally cheesing it as much as possible to speed the matches along.

I'm not really going to do this, but you'd think half my teams were doing it yesterday.

I give up, this game is real fucking hard. The first strike is impossibe;. 3 level 7s and if we barely get by the room with 3 waves of enemies. Then we have to face a giant tank? We can't even scratch it, and all the while it OHKOs us and we have a dozen fallen everywhere. Fuck this.

Stay at the back of the map and snipe. You'll barely, if ever, get hit and the Fallen just ignore you.

Oh man I hate this Void Kills bounty. So close yet so far away, it feels like I am sucking worse every match. I am so close at 457/500 but it seems like an impossible gap. I am pulling in less than 10 points per round it seems and had a few go negative I think. Anytime a map like Blind Watch or First Light pops up I just return to orbit, I can't get a kill on those maps. Just need one good round and I can put this nightmare behind me.

Hiko

Banned
LOL, I just reforged my Timur's Lash and now I have Outlaw, field scout/perfect balance/explosive rounds, and mulligan. I guess it doesn't get better than that?

hydruxo

We did that and we still die too fast. If we dont die we run out of ammo. These strikes are way too fucking hard.

Watch out for the red laser from the walker, when he targets you with it just jump away as fast as possible. Go buy special and heavy ammo consumables from the Gunsmith and use them when you run out of ammo.

Get your whole team to aim for one leg at a time, then when he goes down and his exposes that core just start shooting that with whatever you've got.

Where are you exactly? Do you not move when the walker fires at you? Because even a level 30 can get one-shot by that thing. It's probably the easiest part of that strike though.
We move, but, what are we supposed to do? Even with the 3 of attacking we barely scratch it, and the fallen kill us.

Oh man I hate this Void Kills bounty. So close yet so far away, it feels like I am sucking worse every match. I am so close at 457/500 but it seems like an impossible gap. I am pulling in less than 10 points per round it seems and had a few go negative I think. Anytime a map like Blind Watch or First Light pops up I just return to orbit, I can't get a kill on those maps. Just need one good round and I can put this nightmare behind me.

Play Rumble. You'll get it soon enough.

Pickman

We did that and we still die too fast. If we dont die we run out of ammo. These strikes are way too fucking hard.

Stay waaay at the back. Bring green ammo synthesis. Stand on the building to the immediate left on entering with the solar panels on the top, and stand behind the 2nd box up there. Snipe the boss and you should be good.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I give up, this game is real fucking hard. The first strike is impossibe;. 3 level 7s and if we barely get by the room with 3 waves of enemies. Then we have to face a giant tank? We can't even scratch it, and all the while it OHKOs us and we have a dozen fallen everywhere. Fuck this.

It's a level 8 strike so you're handicapping yourself by running it at 7. If you're struggling that much, just bump up a level at least.

Hiko

Banned
We move, but, what are we supposed to do? Even with the 3 of attacking we barely scratch it, and the fallen kill us.

Destiny is a numbers game. When you are lower level than the enemies, you take a lot more damage while dishing out a lot less. And vice versa when you're overleveled.

You don't need to do the Earth strike yet. Do some level 7 missions or do some bounties to level up.

Acrylic7

so what day does the Iron Banner end? I'm already at level 5 but I need that Machine Gun.

Also how is everyone's experience reforging the hand cannon? Mines has Third Eye and I don't want to get rid of that but I have en extra.

phen0m24

Yep, right after you deploy the ghost and those two dropships come, on the second dropship there's a ton of cabal majors that you can kill and get 500-600 glimmer per run. Pop a Resupply Code every once in a while too for extra glimmer. Kill all the legionaries then let the two phalanxes kill you, rinse & repeat.
Hive Room gets a replacement. Will try this.

Dave_6

LOL, I just reforged my Timur's Lash and now I have Outlaw, field scout/perfect balance/explosive rounds, and mulligan. I guess it doesn't get better than that?

I'm jelly :( I wasted 20 motes trying to get those perks on my 2nd one to no avail.

patchday

The early gameplay is pretty bad due to the game giving you crappy weapons. Now that I have a Ballarhorn I just blow through all the PvE missions on Hard.

I dont do strikes. But the other day I did 1 for the hell of it and blew away the boss.

Of course, you are many hours away from becoming uber like my characters. Hang in there buddy. I'd recommend skipping strikes til you get good stuff honestly. At your level every boss is a massive bullet sponge.

I personally think all the pre-L20 content blows chunks. PvE doesnt get interesting til the raid really

realcZk

You still need a lash, correct? I'm down to play a bunch of IB tonight to see if we can get you one.

Also want to level up my Warlock a bit. He won't get to 20 tonight but that's ok.

I really want one. I might play an hour or two and if I don't get it call it a night and check out what this Far Cry 4 business is about before the DLC pops and I drop everything for Destiny again.

I really want one. I might play an hour or two and if I don't get it call it a night and check out what this Far Cry 4 business is about before the DLC pops and I drop everything for Destiny again.

Sure you will buddy, sure you will. Just like you checked out CoD for an hour before coming back to your master?

patchday

The cloak is damn sexy

I like my IB Gauntlets for my Hunter too. That's the only piece my Hunter needed to hit L30. I still gotta go farm the mats now (ugh).

I was fortunate that Iron banner provided all the pieces my dudes all needed to hit 30. But the bad news is I gotta go farm:

16 x 5 Helium per +30 light piece. I received 3 IB pieces. So that's 3 x 16 x 5 = 240 Helium

Fudge.... Good news is I will only farm the helium I need as a 'pip' gets unlocked. So I wont need all 240 at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom