• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

realcZk

Sure you will buddy, sure you will. Just like you checked out CoD for an hour before coming back to your master?

I like the idea of being a free man. I want to believe I can see other games for a while. If Bungie doesn't want me to leave Destiny for FC4 tonight then they will drop me a Hawkmoon from IB. My PSN is bytestyle. Please show me a sign.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nah not really, it doesn't really stagger people in pvp anymore like it used to from what I've heard.
Oh, really? Civilization moves on! so I guess I want 2 or 3 out of Field Scout, Flared Magwell, Send it, Outlaw, Return to Sender and Mulligan on my timur's then.

E92 M3

I give up, this game is real fucking hard. The first strike is impossibe;. 3 level 7s and if we barely get by the room with 3 waves of enemies. Then we have to face a giant tank? We can't even scratch it, and all the while it OHKOs us and we have a dozen fallen everywhere. Fuck this.

Maybe try progressing into other missions before doing the strike. Get some better gear; the strike isn't going anywhere.

I like the idea of being a free man. I want to believe I can see other games for a while. If Bungie doesn't want me to leave Destiny for FC4 tonight then they will drop me a Hawkmoon from IB. My PSN is bytestyle. Please show me a sign.

You are asking for blood from a stone.

Perhaps a Lash will quell this horseshit about open relationships?

To be fair, I would like to check out GTA at some point as well as Far Cry. I also need to dust off my XB1 for Halo MMC.

realcZk

You are asking for blood from a stone.

Perhaps a Lash will quell this horseshit about open relationships?

To be fair, I would like to check out GTA at some point as well as Far Cry. I also need to dust off my XB1 for Halo MMC.

I heard that the master chief collection was as broken as control, capture and defend guardians

Hoodbury

It doesn't help that 9/10 it's just a duo.

Just to be clear you do understand the mechanics of that fight right? You shoot the legs until they 'break'. Every time a leg breaks the tank will outstretch it's neck and you shoot the glowing red neck for major damage.

You can see a red laser where it is going to shoot it's OSK attack. If you see the red laser coming at you, just move.

Use one of the sides to stay in cover and adds won't come at you - or the back to cheese it with no adds at all.

It's a pretty simple focus fire on a leg until it breaks, then shoot the neck, hide behind cover when it aims its laser at you type of fight. Doing that you shouldn't have too much of a problem at level 7 or higher.

Oh and also, you can't run out of ammo in this game. If you use up all of your ammo just wait a few seconds and the game will restock it for you.

patchday

I give up, this game is real fucking hard. The first strike is impossibe;. 3 level 7s and if we barely get by the room with 3 waves of enemies. Then we have to face a giant tank? We can't even scratch it, and all the while it OHKOs us and we have a dozen fallen everywhere. Fuck this.

pre-20 content is pretty awful. I skipped all those strikes until I hit 28 (actually maybe I was 24). Still only have done less then 5 strikes overall probably. But I have max weapons (like Gjallarhorn) so I blow through all those bosses

But before you get good weapons those bosses are pure bullet sponges. It's not worth the time and the rewards will be outleveled in your case anyway.

I leveled up my guys in crucible.

Zocano

What are good perks to look for on Gheleon's Demise? Never really pay much attention to them so I'm not familiar with what's good/bad.

LordofPwn

Video of my best match of IB so far, GAF represents, with special guest Urk.
It starts off slow and then picks up at the end.
my 2nd match of last night. needed 1 headshot spree to get my bounty finished from the other day... ended up getting 4 bullseye medals and 5 double downs.

Iron Banner Time

Waldini

GAAAAAF!

I can start the grind towards 30 on 1/3 of my chars. Titan just got the Raid Helm... finally. Now all I need is a little Xür-luck for a Chest and a ton of Helium...

Glad 1 of my chars can hit 30...

realcZk

I love my Hawkmoon but firefly with outlaw is just too good

what if they made a system to reroll exotic weapons, but it would be super expensive. i can see a lot of people grinding just to do this. for instance, to reroll a hawkmoon it'd require something like:

- 100 materials
- 25 energy
- 10k glimmer
- a handcannon of legendary or better quality
- all upgrades/progression reset on your hawkmoon

obviously exotics have unique perks not available to regular weapons but you could have the ability to get ANY exotic perk on this thats avail on other exotics (like mark of devourer) on the hawkmoon... beastly.

there would be an issue with balance here probably

Strider

Game is borderline unplayable with randoms. Holy shit lol 2nd place on my team went 6 kills and 15 deaths XD

Anyone want to group up for IB?

what if they made a system to reroll exotic weapons, but it would be super expensive. i can see a lot of people grinding just to do this. for instance, to reroll a hawkmoon it'd require something like:

- 100 materials
- 25 energy
- 10k glimmer

obviously exotics have unique perks not available to regular weapons but you could have the ability to get ANY exotic perk on this thats avail on other exotics (like mark of devourer) on the hawkmoon... beastly.

That would be pretty amazing and would make doubles useful but I imagine it would be a PVP balancing nightmare

- 100 materials
- 25 energy
- 10k glimmer

fuck

that

realcZk

That would be pretty amazing and would make doubles useful but I imagine it would be a PVP balancing nightmare

just for fun, what are some OP combos you could come up with? assuming that if you rerolled an exotic handcannon for instance you could only get perks from other exotic handcannons.

id say hawkmoon with mark of devourer and the last work perk

then again, what if you were limited to just one exotic specific perk per reroll? hawkmoon with TLW perk would be god tier

just for fun, what are some OP combos you could come up with? assuming that if you rerolled an exotic handcannon for instance you could only get perks from other exotic handcannons.

id say hawkmoon with mark of devourer and the last work perk

then again, what if you were limited to just one exotic specific perk per reroll? hawkmoon with TLW perk would be god tier

Lol that would just destroy everything

Bought the IB boots, almost at Rank 4 so I can buy the gauntlets. When I play the raid this week and if it drops either one of those armor pieces after weeks of not getting any raid gear I'm gonna be really pissed. Just give me the freaking chest, that's all I want this week, nothing else.

hydruxo

Thunderballer

thunderball.jpg

Video of my best match of IB so far, GAF represents, with special guest Urk.
It starts off slow and then picks up at the end.
my 2nd match of last night. needed 1 headshot spree to get my bounty finished from the other day... ended up getting 4 bullseye medals and 5 double downs.

Iron Banner Time

Great, more evidence of my suckitude. I was drawing their rocket fire for you ;)

Hoodbury

Bought the IB boots, almost at Rank 4 so I can buy the gauntlets. When I play the raid this week and if it drops either one of those armor pieces after weeks of not getting any raid gear I'm gonna be really pissed. Just give me the freaking chest, that's all I want this week, nothing else.

For once I think Destiny was actually listening to me and gave me exactly what I needed. Before IB started all I had was the Raid chest.

I got to IB rank 3 the first night and bought the boots. I did the raid the next night and the gauntelts dropped. A few days later of farming for materials and xp and I was level 30. :p

realcZk

For once I think Destiny was actually listening to me and gave me exactly what I needed. Before IB started all I had was the Raid chest.

I got to IB rank 3 the first night and bought the boots. I did the raid the next night and the gauntelts dropped. A few days later of farming for materials and xp and I was level 30. :p

Good games last night! We were on a little streak for a bit, i just got burnt out at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom