• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

realcZk

Awesome, thank you - what time / what day?

none of these are set in stone, just kinda depends if we are all around at the time, but we are usually on during these timeframes:

friday - could start as early as 6pm CST - 1AM CST
saturday - usually start at 12:30 PM CST or 7PM CST - 1AM CST
sunday - 12:30 PM CST but no later than 10PM CST

EL CUCO

So everybody pulling out the Fatebringer for NF, eh? I'm going to be a hipster and use Praedyth's Timepiece.
giphy.gif

Magik

At least it was quick. IMO the main perk of the nightfall is the guaranteed xp boost.

Pretty much. It makes leveling up the factions so much quicker.

Anybody doing the Nightfall needs to get a Arc Sniper. 1-2 headshots to a captain kills them even if its not fully levelled.

Arc Launcher into a mob = lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
haha goddamn. looks like I need to make a post on hunters in PvE due to the crushing amount of wrong found on this page

LordofPwn

There may have been 1 round of 0 teleports that I forgot about, but basically I got solo ported twice and ran it straight out and then we got normal 3x teleports every time after that. Finished after (I think) 3 T's V. Pretty lucky glitches but we had enough DPS to down him without it.

Yeah we had him down to around half health before we got the first times vengeance. probably could have gone faster if i didn't have the relic, and could have used my G-Horn, but honestly didn't want to even attempt to juggle it. safety first.

Anyone else getting booted via coconut and baboon errors. Doing hard mode raid and all of us are getting booted from the game and Fireteam.

Does anyone know of any other ghosts locked behind places you aren't supposed to get to?

I made it into the Terminus yesterday and got the 3 ghosts up there. Are there any similar zones/locations with ghosts?

My new goal is to make it to 2500 grimoire score. Currently 2435. 2600 isn't that far away, either, though.

LordofPwn

If anyone has to lvl up a character or hunt down the ghost, let me know.. Just 3 trophies away from becoming another guardian lord.

Does anyone know of any other ghosts locked behind places you aren't supposed to get to?

I made it into the Terminus yesterday and got the 3 ghosts up there. Are there any similar zones/locations with ghosts?

My new goal is to make it to 2500 grimoire score. Currently 2435. 2600 isn't that far away, either, though.
currently at 2415, and i can't get the mars or bunker ghosts because they are glitched for me. there's 1 in the Seraphim vault, and 3 in the kings watch area. not sure about jovian complex. and then i think 3 in the chamber of night dlc area on the moon. but i haven't picked any of the above up besides seraphim

Sure let me know :)
Will do

spyder_ur

Pretty much. It makes leveling up the factions so much quicker.

Anybody doing the Nightfall needs to get a Arc Sniper. 1-2 headshots to a captain kills them even if its not fully levelled.

Arc Launcher into a mob = lol

Does it apply to all your characters, or just one you completed it with?

haha goddamn. looks like I need to make a post on hunters in PvE due to the crushing amount of wrong found on this page

No amount of Hawkian posts will undo the fact that Hunters are supposed to be nimble and quick and are neither. Using supers and stuff smartly is fine, I know how to get the most out of my hunter main and I stay alive more than my titan and warlock friends just out of strategy. Golden gun is great for oracles, blah blah. I am just talking about the base stats you assume with class characteristic. Like the big tanky looking class should not be the highest and fastest jumping, which it inarguable is. The Titan double jump moves you forward faster and gets you higher in straight vertical. I use Hunters just fine in getting shit done, but as a class they make no sense. They are neither a glass cannon, or a glass ninja(except in PvP), but when it comes to their build various in PvE, they are just glass. I am not saying Destiny has to follow all of the traditional class tropes, but I don't understand what the "Hunter" aspect of the Hunter class is other than being able to go invisible, which has really limited usefulness outside of cheesing and stealth medic. The most agile looking class implies it should be agile. Triple jump is neat, but the net height of the three is less than Titan's double and the distance you can travel with triple is shorter than Warlock float. Worst of all, you move forward slower with Hunter triple jumps than the other two classes.

PS - This is all PvE class talk. I don't give a shit about PvP. Maybe with a revised IB, class stats might mater more.

Finally received an Exotic from Nightfall... My 3rd Universal Remote... This fuckin game.
RNG toying with me.

At least I finally received the raid chest piece for my Hunter. Gonna max it out and hopefully play some other stuff until the Dark Below.

Yeah this bad boy's going to my hunter who is my hand cannon/sniper dude. I have TDYK, Hawkmoon, Thorn and now TLW. TDYK is what I use most the time though, It's a fantastic all rounder with comparable stats to HM.

This pleases me.

Since I can't get any hand cannons to drop aside from the Thorn bounty I've had to stick with merchant guns. I've almost got my Fixer maxed out and I really want TDYK but I'm only half way there on Vanguard credits. It takes forever to accrue them.

If I ever get TLW or Hawkmoon to drop I'll scream like a girl.

So where dat patch at Bungle? Or are you gonna make us wait another 4 more weeks?

Speaking of, is there any word on when the hell we can expect the buffs for Thorn and Juju?

Juju is almost useless in its current state. Bungie is quick to nerf weapons but it seems like it's been forever since they said they'd buff these guns.

blackflag

like 12 hard raids, no fate bringer, man...

Me and you both man. I'm at 12 in just the last 4 weeks and I did several before that.

I have 3 29s....still.

Ran 3 this morning and got a helmet to get the Titan to 30 so I'm just happy about that. Also got Praedeths timepiece..probably won't use but I want all the raid weapons anyway.

I've gotten 4 Mythoclasts though....RNGESUS is weird like that.

All will be forgiven if I can get godhorn or one of the exotic handguns from my 3 nightfall runs.

Thanks as always to Boguester and the rest of the group for letting me join. Hopefully I'll be less of a burden with at least 1 ckass next week. Although things were better this week with a maxed Corrective. Actually performs so much better than my maxed Truth since I get 300 ammo and it's useful for Oracles.

Hiko

Banned
Bungie really needs to fix their network issues. This many disconnects is inexcusable. I just got disconnected during the oracles. When I rejoined the team was already on templar so I missed the reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom