• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Suros is the best weapon for people who "have no skills" in the Crucible. That's what I decided after playing IB this week. Suros made me much better than I would have been otherwise. You can just spam yur foes with high impact bullets.

Hoodbury

should have been more clear. The running joke in the clan is to blame Byte for everything. You don't get a ghorn drop? Byte's fault.

The reality is that I'm total shit at PvP

Ah, gotcha, heh. I thought you guys blame Shep for stealing all the good loot?

I don't want to admit that about myself, at least not yet. But it's probably the truth, so I'm getting closer to accepting it though. :(

My problem is the more I play PvP the more I'm NOT getting better at it. lol. Infact, my KDR has been going down and down quite a bit these last few weeks. Usually the more you do something the better you get at it. But for some reason I am getting worse and what frustrates me is I can't figure out why that is.

And then I'll have a glimpse of a game here or there where I do really good and it's like where did that come from? Why can't I do that all the time?

hydruxo

Suros is the best weapon for people who "have no skills" in the Crucible. That's what I decided after playing IB this week. Suros made me much better than I would have been otherwise. You can just spam yur foes with high impact bullets.

How is it spamming bullets when it has a low fire rate?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
While I still don't consider it as OP as others, this is certainly true. It is very, very forgiving as a "thing that kills people." Especially when it comes to headshots.

edit: JOLDERS HAMMMERRR

LordofPwn

While I still don't consider it as OP as others, this is certainly true. It is very, very forgiving as a "thing that kills people." Especially when it comes to headshots.

got 4 headshot sprees in one match with a surros and Swarm combo. great for headshots. if only i had the auto rifle bounty going during that match...

got 4 headshot sprees in one match with a surros and Swarm combo. great for headshots. if only i had the auto rifle bounty going during that match...

The thing is basically on rails when you're firing it

two days of searching and both of my favorite games have been on blind watch.

there are those who said this day would never come... what are they do say now?

Deku Tree

How is it spamming bullets when it has a low fire rate?

It's spamming bullets compared to a handcannon, a sniper rifle or a scout rifle or a fusion rifle. With a suros you can just hold down the shoot button and move your aim around until you hit your enemies. And when you are firing towards their direction they often back off. Those other weapons can be more deadly but they require better aim and skill to use effectively in the Crucible IMO. If you miss with those other weapons your probably getting ready to respawn.

Ganhyun

I've been hearing rumors of a trading system coming this week. A few guys I play with seem sure its coming this week. Anyone else heard any rumblings on this?

Also, finally got to play for more than 20 minutes total last night and did the raid. Got the Mythoclast. Still no armor except for one chest piece after about 20 runs.

blackflag

Am I crazy for thinking that a fun PVP weapon combo might be Universal Remote for primary and Perun's Fire for secondary? You'd of course want to stick to reasonably close quarters areas and stay out of sniper alleys but otherwise it would probably be a fun way to roll.

No because universal remote is terrrrrrrrible.

realcZk

I've been hearing rumors of a trading system coming this week. A few guys I play with seem sure its coming this week. Anyone else heard any rumblings on this?

Also, finally got to play for more than 20 minutes total last night and did the raid. Got the Mythoclast. Still no armor except for one chest piece after about 20 runs.

Do your friends work for Bungie? :)

I haven't heard anything on that. Before Destiny came out, there was talks of implementing a trading system but "not at launch". There hasn't been anything mentioned since then (officially).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
that last match oh my GAWD
B3PVS4TCcAIyDLz.jpg:large

Steroyd

Was playing Clash because bounties, jumped into a team that was losing, I started beasting and then it came down to one kill, I golden gunned someone , thought I won and then was greeted with this.

OTL

I have a super dooper important question. Can I play the expansion on another ps3 even though i purchased it on another ps3 with the same account?

I'm asking because so far i've been playing on my friend's PS3 here in my college town with my PSN, and I purchased the expansion pass back on launch.

However, in December I'm going back home to my...actual home. If I sign in my PSN on my console at my actual home, will I be able to play the expansion on it?

Anyone?

Manp

argh! stop giving me shotguns you stupid game!!!

i'm now the "proud" owner of:

3x Found Verdict (all arc)
3x Comedian (luckily one arc, one solar and one void)
1x Judgment VI (solar)
1x Invisible Hand M7 (arc)
1x Invective (solar) which i actually got from the bounty

it's either shotguns or auto rifles :(

At first i would say that but i feel like fusion rifles and shotguns are the "have no skill" weapons. Granted many people are very skillful with them but most decent shotguns and fusion rifles are easy one hit kills. Suros Its just a no tricks near perfect performing standard auto rifles. The high damage offsets the low speed and when you get good at head shots you will dominate untrained marksman. I think it will come to play style as to what will break you into the PvP world of destiny.

kidko

1x Judgment VI (solar)

omg. All together like that... kinda beautiful tho

Ganhyun

Do your friends work for Bungie? :)

I haven't heard anything on that. Before Destiny came out, there was talks of implementing a trading system but "not at launch". There hasn't been anything mentioned since then (officially).

I really couldn't tell you to be honest. One of them does try really hard to keep me playing Destiny since ever since the 1.03 patch I constantly get DCed over 40 times an hour except for very rare occasions.

Weapon balance in this game is full on lol.

IB with 300 dmg guns, feel like i'm shooting rubber darts.

IB with a 250dmg shadow price 25 clip size, killing left right and center.

I also think that no shotgun should shoot faster then a round a second, the range nerf didn't do much to them.

LiK

thanks for telling me i have no skills. you're awesome.

It's spamming bullets compared to a handcannon, a sniper rifle or a scout rifle or a fusion rifle. With a suros you can just hold down the shoot button and move your aim around until you hit your enemies. And when you are firing towards their direction they often back off. Those other weapons can be more deadly but they require better aim and skill to use effectively in the Crucible IMO. If you miss with those other weapons your probably getting ready to respawn.

i suppose anyone who uses full-auto anything is also a scrub, right?

your logic makes no sense. it's an AR, it's supposed to shoot like one.

Deku Tree

1x Judgment VI (solar)

Found Verdict (and all raid weapons) only come in one variety. I got a lot of shotguns too. I destroyed most of mine though.

1x Judgment VI (solar)

All Found Verdict are Arc dmg. That video of Timur's Lash makes me want to give my Pocket Infinity a go instead :p

Deku Tree

thanks for telling me i have no skills. you're awesome.

I think your joking... But anyway I'm not saying people who play suros have no skills. Lots of people who are good use it very skillfully. I'm saying it might be the best primary weapon to use in the crucible if (like me) you really don't have any PvP skills.

Edit: maybe you weren't joking.

i suppose anyone who uses full-auto anything is also a scrub, right?

your logic makes no sense. it's an AR, it's supposed to shoot like one.

That's not what I meant. Didn't mean to offend you or anybody else. It's just what I was thinking playing IB this week.

LiK

I think your joking... But anyway I'm not saying people who play suros have no skills. Lots of people who are good use it very skillfully. I'm saying it might be the best primary weapon to use in the crucible if (like me) you really don't have any PvP skills.

it's the best for IB maxed, but it's not that great in normal Crucible anymore cuz of the nerf and normalization. i use Shadow Price more in normal PVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom