• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
man your sniping is always clutch and you know it!

Zoba will finish with like a 2.8 k/d, 26 kills and be like "sorry guys, I should've done better that round" XD

but I thought it was my gjallarhorn :(

was it? either way that was a satisfying end.

man your sniping is always clutch and you know it!

Zoba will finish with like a 2.8 k/d, 26 kills and be like "sorry guys, I should've done better that round" XD

like that last game for instance. 3 heads just lined up in a row and i missed each one. woulda been mad at myself if we lost.

i'll try and crop the firebase delhpi game we played a few hours ago where my snipe actually did help us with the tiebreaker finish. last 3 games were just lagfests for me.

So I am playing the MP for few weeks now and really like it. It plays a lot like Halo which was one of my favorite MP. My main complaint is that there are no options for MP customization. Where is the map selection, each time its a new map and sometimes the map I hate? Where are the lobbies? Custom matches? Private matches? Squads? I was expecting a lot more options in MP from Bungie as they have been so experienced in this stuff over the years from Halo. But its just barebones.

Are they even thinking about bringing some needed features to MP? Or is this it?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
but I thought it was my gjallarhorn :(
it very well could have been honestly, that was a frenzy in the last 5 secs. I saw targets and pressed buttons and then it showed "Medallions Redeemed" and I became a happy hawk. Team GAF ftw either way.
I have a dropped Comedian with Full Auto, Hammer Forged, and Shot Package. It has higher RoF than Found Verdict but slightly less Impact at the same range with a tighter spread. It's glorious. :)

I think it outperforms FV in PvP as the Final Round perk on the FV sort of sucks.

Would have to compare. Such a weapon will be exceedingly rare because the vendor perks aren't that great and you can't reroll them. All Found Verdicts are the same.
I honestly agree with you. Comedian is a monster. I think most people just get killed by a popular Shotty and yell nerf because there's only so much you can do when you get killed by it lol
ludicrous. The vendor Comedian is a fine shotgun but nowhere near as capable of Found Verdict's range, let alone full auto capability.

FV oneshots at ranges that could kinda-almost-not-really be called "close".

I guess it doesn't need to be nerfed because it's counterable but it can be "THE weapon" on Twilight Gap, Firebase Delphi, Blind Watch... to say nothing of Exodus Blue, The Anomaly, etc.

Got to rank three in the Iron Banner only to find I need to be 4 in order to get the gauntlets.
Dammit.
Not to mention I then turned in all my bounties (I had a full load of the things) and forgot to equip the boots I had just purchased.

ocean

Banned
After a week without playing at all (Dragon Age consumes me), I tried hopping on for a quick Tiger strike. Jesus I'm bad :| Back when I was playing this game a few hours a day my reflexes were sharp, I knew all the enemy patterns and positions in different maps.... now I'm back to being "that guy" who gets killed more than once during a Tiger.

My original intention was coming back to the game when the Expansion hit but at this rate I'd be totally unfit for a raid by then despite being level 30 and having top-tier weapons. I will be trying to get a few hours a week to keep things fresh :)

I wanna run a fresh Normal VoG tomorrow night to get my groove back, then I'd feel confident to join a Heroic run. Anyone making a group for raids? a_javierp on PSN! 30 Defender looking to re-become legend :)

X-Frame

Would have to compare. Such a weapon will be exceedingly rare because the vendor perks aren't that great and you can't reroll them. All Found Verdicts are the same.

ludicrous. The vendor Comedian is a fine shotgun but nowhere near as capable of Found Verdict's range, let alone full auto capability.

FV oneshots at ranges that could kinda-almost-not-really be called "close".

I guess it doesn't need to be nerfed because it's counterable but it can be "THE weapon" on Twilight Gap, Firebase Delphi, Blind Watch... to say nothing of Exodus Blue, The Anomaly, etc.

Does this link work?

Equipped on Bungie profile

~4 more hours till I can feed my destiny addiction.

Edit: hmm my current time says 6:13 yet my post is in EST says its 8:13..guess I got the time zones wrong

NeOak

I have a dropped Comedian with Full Auto, Hammer Forged, and Shot Package. It has higher RoF than Found Verdict but slightly less Impact at the same range with a tighter spread. It's glorious. :)

I think it outperforms FV in PvP as the Final Round perk on the FV sort of sucks.

Found Veredict is really OP in range. My Comedian is like a peanut shooter unless the person is REALLY close.

I'm running a hard raid soon if anyone wants to join. I've got 3 level 30s, but we haven't cleared it yet (got stuck on GK when I was the only 30), so it might not be the smoothest.

Add me on PSN - Dr_LawyerCop.

I probably won't check this thread much, but I'll need 3 guardians, hard raid starting shortly (10 or 15 mins).

30s preferred, but experienced 29s are welcomed.

Rolled a Gheleon's Demise with Zen moment (causing damage increases stability)/Field Scout/Third Eye and also bought the stock one just for the firefly perk...

Probably going to buy one more just to get the firefly perk + ...something else I like lol. Glad as hell that Mars glimmer farm is there.

Any idea if it's possible to roll the full auto perk with it?

GhaleonEB

Rolled a Gheleon's Demise with Zen moment/Field Scout/Third Eye and also bought the stock one just for the firefly perk...

Probably going to buy one more just to get the firefly perk + ...something else I like lol. Glad as hell that Mars glimmer farm is there.

Any idea if it's possible to roll the full auto perk with it?

!!!

Really misread that for a moment.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hmm, shows you with Praedyth's Revenge equipped o_o

But I understand the perks, I meant compare how it feels to actually play against in practice.

Dinnertime, then time for a bit more IB. Man, I'm really looking forward to hitting Rank 5 and buying Gheleon's Demise for my Titan, then rerolling Timur's Lash, Jolder's Hammer and Perun's Fire until I get something I like. I'm somehow even looking forward to the Glimmer farming in between, it's helping level my new IB boots and gloves!

Had I known how intense the last day Tempered buff would be, I'd have played some with my Warlock as well. I think getting him to Rank 3 tonight is a pipe dream, but at least I know for next time.

HunRevan

I rerolled my Perun's Fire for like 10 times and lost all my Motes... Sigh. Of course I am not happy with the end but at least it has an Arc damage now.

Anyway IB was good. Got to level 5. Bought the gauntlet for my hunter and got to level 30 today. I also bought the IB scout rifle and was rolled an IB machine gun and space bus after tons of matches.

Hey, I saw earlier in the thread people posting about the best glimmer farming methods. Can somebody recap that for me real quick? I can't find the posts now, and I need like 10k to pick up the shader and Titan Mark.

Also wanted to publicly thank you Hawk for running the newbie raid and letting me roll with you. That was super fun.

troubletaco is enjoying that vision of confluence :)

Frenden

Banned
You missed out on a better set of games, fig. Four of us were rolling with positive results for a while. I think we were all out of gas for that second batch. I know I was!

blackflag

Rank 5 and no Timur's Lash for me. Kinda sad about that since I mostly use HC.

It'll be ok if Fatebringer will drop tomorrow finally on 20, 21, or 22 hard mode raid. I have faith RNGESUS now is the time.

Hey, I saw earlier in the thread people posting about the best glimmer farming methods. Can somebody recap that for me real quick? I can't find the posts now, and I need like 10k to pick up the shader and Titan Mark.

Also wanted to publicly thank you Hawk for running the newbie raid and letting me roll with you. That was super fun.

Go to Mars - Exculsion Zone, set to level 18, at the beginning (right after you've deployed the ghost for the second time) kill the guys that drop from the 2 ships but leave enough alive to kill you so you can repeatedly do it. Use resupply codes while you do this for the extra glimmer and make sure to grab any network keys that they drop (they're 200 glimmer each when turned in to the cryptarch).

What I do is run past the first mob and into the building on the right. Running past the first guys triggers the second ship which have the yellow bar guys which gives more glimmer. I basically just kill all the yellow guys, grab any network keys they drop, and suicide to do it again.

Mrgamer

Looking for hard raid perferably at gatekeepers or atheon as i already did the rest but will do fresh if needed.

Level 30 lock very experienced.
Psn v1br4t1ons

I got another Timur's Lash earlier today. It has Hip Fire, Field Scout/Flared Magwell/Explosive Rounds, and Luck in the Chamber.

I unlocked all of the perks minus the three damage ones. I just used it now in IB with Flared Magwell/Luck in the Chamber combo and it's a beast, like Hawkmoon beast.

It's a two-shot kill when it procs and you land a headshot and a bodyshot.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You missed out on a better set of games, fig. Four of us were rolling with positive results for a while. I think we were all out of gas for that second batch. I know I was!
on that second Firebase Delphi, I had this weird feeling the whole match I just couldn't put my finger on. Like a weird sort of nagging in my brain that I wasn't taking care of something. only upon seeing "Your Team Lost" did I correctly interpret this sensation as being FUCKING STARVING. now about to get some samosas and chicken tikka, mmmm.

Oh hey, you're welcome! Thanks for an awesome raid troubletaco :)

I'm leaving my PSN friend request to haunted_taco out there. Maybe one day he or she will decide it's time and accept, and I will get some answers.

Frenden

Banned
I have Timur's Lash fever over here. I spent somewhere between 60-80 motes making three unique, good Lashes and then got three more to drop playing last night and today.

Six Lash.

No Space Bus.

on that second Firebase Delphi, I had this weird feeling the whole match I just couldn't put my finger on. Like a weird sort of nagging in my brain that I wasn't taking care of something. only upon seeing "Your Team Lost" did I correctly interpret this sensation as being FUCKING STARVING. now about to get some samosas and chicken tikka, mmmm.

Dude, you aren't kidding. For me, it's sleep. I was up late working last night so that I could devote today to getting that alt-Warlock to Rank 4. And I'm crashing. Time for a nap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom