• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that IB Fusion rifle worth getting? Or do I need to get good perk rolls for it to be worthwhile?

IMO, with stock stats, it's not as good as the solar Light/beware you can buy from the Vanguard dealer. You really have to reroll it to get stuff like accelerated coils. Also keep in mind that it can reroll as Arc or Void so it's a crapshoot in that regard too.

Decided to keep my Perun's w/ Rangefinder, Hammer forged, and Genadier. Doesn't have the Red Dot ORS1 scope, but its close enough that i don't want to take a chance re-rolling.

Deku Tree

I think that's where a lot of us are at now. Doesn't help when the damn game doesn't give you rep at the end of a win or no medallion at the end of a loss for no reason other than Bungies incompetence.

Did you swap your armor during the match?

I did that once and I didn't get anything after the win. No rep, no marks, nothing. Not sure if it was bugs or something to discourage cheating when level advantages are enabled... I would have hoped they would have told you about it if it was the latter.

Accelerated coils on Perun's Fire is not worth it. I've posted this before:

The charge rate is already very high, very near the cap. So you only get a tiny bit more with accelerated coils, which won't really make a difference. I'd estimate it charges less than half a second faster. It's similar to how field scout doesn't really help Fatebringer (because HCs have a 13 bullet cap).

If you go for accelerated coils a stock Light/Beware will probably beat it in overall usefulness. The Light/Beware will be better at pretty much everything besides a slightly slower charge rate.

Impact is already covered by Praetorian Foil (and the New Monarchy FR). So that really only leaves range. Which is great, because you can make an awesome ranged FR out of Perun's Fire. Hammer Forged + Range Finder + Red Dot-ORS1 and you'll be killing people across the map.

Yup. Mine is Arc with the same perks. I can one-shot people from a distance.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

The charge rate is already very high, very near the cap. So you only get a tiny bit more with accelerated coils, which won't really make a difference. I'd estimate it charges less than half a second faster.
Anywhere close to a half second of difference would be a massive difference for a fusion rifle vs. fusion rifle fight :p

If you go for accelerated coils a stock Light/Beware will probably beat it in overall usefulness. The Light/Beware will be better at pretty much everything besides a slightly slower charge rate.

Impact is already covered by Praetorian Foil (and the New Monarchy FR). So that really only leaves range. Which is great, because you can make an awesome ranged FR out of Perun's Fire. Hammer Forged + Range Finder + Red Dot-ORS1 and you'll be killing people across the map.
Isn't Rangefinder + Accelerated Coils a possibility?

Did you swap your armor during the match?

I did that once and I didn't get anything after the win. No rep, no marks, nothing. Not sure if it was bugs or something to discourage cheating when level advantages are enabled... I would have hoped they would have told you about it if it was the latter.

Nope, nothing not even weapons. Has happened with medallions tonight too. I'm really losing patience with Bungie. The worst part about their bugs is that they hinder progress like this or in the raid with stupid glitches that ruin great runs or flawless attempts.

Anywhere close to a half second of difference would be a massive difference for a fusion rifle vs. fusion rifle fight :p

Isn't Rangefinder + Accelerated Coils a possibility?

Accelerated coils is great, not sure where this idea is coming from... As I've posted before, just buy multiple copies of the FR and do re-rolls to get complimentary perks. A rangefinder + hammer forged is great long distance option but not the only high quality perk roll. Hip fire + acc. coils can absolutely dominate, that fast charge time on a legendary can make a big difference. And yes, rangefinder + acc. coils is possible too (I have one with that).

Karl2177

Seriously. Another win with no fucking rep.

Bungie get this shit together. It's the last damn night of IB.

Fun fact: If you lose a game, then join a game in progress that is over 3/4 done and win, then the medallion you just earned completely disappears and you don't get the credit for it. You also don't get marks or rep either.

I'd like it if there was a toggle option to display more info on things like the different sights and perks. I appreciate the simplicity and how clean it is with just the little generic descriptions on some of these perks but at the same time I shouldn't have to look to the internet to tell me what this stuff actually does.

Anyway, here's (afaik) the best link to find some of that info: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2i75yk/all_about_weapon_mods/

and here's another link for a little info on the Exotic weapons http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...22_exotic_weapons_currently_ingame_organized/

Mupod

holy fuck. I was disappointed in Perun's Fire from its performance in IB, but I just did a regular crucible match and this thing murders people.

jdRo86Ald5kUj.jpg

that team tho

X-Frame

I hope there is because my poor alts have been neglected due to IB.

Thanks for the invite tonight! That was a good group.

I got gauntlets for my Warlock. Now all I am missing in order to hit 30 on my Warlock is the chest piece, and then I will be 30 for all my characters thanks to the Iron Banner.

Then Hard Mode this weekend, I neeeeeeeed Fatebringer!

Lima

Alright boys putting in another 6 hour marathon session after I just took a break from my 7 hour session I did earlier. I'm gonna play until reset. I will make it my mission to get that damn ship.

Stillmatic

No more IB for me, pretty happy with it overall. Outside of some lag issues from others, I had a lot of fun with it and thought Bungie handled it perfectly. Some better matchmaking, or separate matchmaking for Fireteams would be welcome though.

My hauls:

Rank 5
Bought both shaders
Bought boots to get my Titan to 30 (went the Scout route for my VoC)
Bought gauntlets because they look awesome with my boots (also went the Scout route for my VoC)
Bought the class item to complete the set

Timur's Lash x2, the better ones perks:
Return to Sender - kills grant bonus ammo to the mag
Flared Magwell - faster reload (have Explosive rounds in this slot too)
Crowd Control - kills grant bonus damage for a short time

Puren's Fire x2, the better one's perks:
Void
Double Down - spawn with additional ammo
Accelerated Coils - faster charge (have Hammer Forged in this slot too)
Who's Next - kill with the final shot in the mag gives a faster reload

Only other thing I wanted was the Ship. :( Can't have it all I guess!

Are you rank 5 already?

No I am not at 5 yet and have about 700 rep to get there. I am also with a fireteam with gafers and we just keep going and they haven't had issues except for another person once.

Really annoying as I've lost about 300 rep so far. Fuck

void666

Banned
Thanks to iron banner my hunter and warlock are now level 30.

I just need titan chest and warlock helmet from the raid so i can use multiple loadouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom