• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

Just got Proxima Centauri II in a vanguard package.

Luck in the chamber, explosive rounds, outlaw. Not too shabby. Low rof and stability, but high impact, range. And reload.

Sykane

Anyone running a hard mode raid? Level 30 Sunbro looking to get it done before the reset. Obviously I have raid experience. If no one is running hard mode, I'd be willing to do a normal run, as some loot is better than none.

I play on PS4, PSN name is Wmc342

FyreWulff

There should not even be a limit for this. I don't understand Bungie's logic on this.

Design wise it's to make you spend it on something instead of hoarding it forever.

It also lets you balance later items more easily on cost. high cost items can be priced knowing a 25k cap is in place rather than having to inflate them to like 150,000 glimmer to make them seem more 'legendary' to long term players.

There is logic to it. Bungie wants you to spend your glimmer once you reached your cap, so you can grind some more.

Part of the game.

Well, the issue is that until one there wasn't much to actually buy since weapons and armour need Rank for a vendor plus marks (vanguard/crucible).

MildSoss

The material requirements to level up equipment and armor is such a drag in this game. I made a new hunter and leveled him up on pure Crucible, equip all the legendary items and exotic pieces i've saved up and go to level them up, nope, need bunch of sapphire wire to even do that. :(

Anybody doing IB till the reset? I would like to hit Rank 5 with my Titan, then move on to my Warlock. Just need the boots for him.

Yeah, I know myself, iRAWR and I think Unknown and maybe a few others are up for it.

Edit: I was finishing the daily w/ areal but will join on you guys once you finish the current match.

Mupod

damn active reload makes timur's lash do 127 damage on a headshot. Or maybe more, I don't know what its effective range is. But yeah even with the shittiest teammates in the universe, regular crucible is fun after the last few days of nonstop infinite suros-banner.

At any rate IB was nice for constant pvp groups. I just wish I hadn't been at such a massive disadvantage for the whole event. I'd imagine I'll have caught up by the next one though.

Ghazi

Welp. Got to rank 5 in IB. Got Space Bus (Is it glitched? I can see through mine.), got regalia gauntlets, warlock bond, goldspiral, got 4 Jolder's Hammers, but no Lash :(

I now have 0 glimmer.

Were there anymore IB weapons?

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Looking for 3 more Guardians for a Hard mode raid starting as soon as we're full. 30s preferred, but not required.

PSN Tokunbo

Edit: And full

damn active reload makes timur's lash do 127 damage on a headshot. Or maybe more, I don't know what its effective range is. But yeah even with the shittiest teammates in the universe, regular crucible is fun after the last few days of nonstop infinite suros-banner.

At any rate IB was nice for constant pvp groups. I just wish I hadn't been at such a massive disadvantage for the whole event. I'd imagine I'll have caught up by the next one though.

Timur's Lash hits hard, and the proc is just icing on the cake. The maximum damage with a headshot is 127 with the Lash.

Mindlog

Don't know why the game loves ship gifting. Does anybody need one?
fZLVsMo.jpg

Good hard gatekeeper/atheon clear earlier. Had two little stumbles on Gatekeeper, but killed Atheon first try with only 4 people by the end. Topped off my Crucible marks by screwing around in Iron Banner. Final Rest II is really really good. happy that my alts have decent Perun rolls, but Final Rest II probably sealed the deal as my favorite. Going to start using it as my primary until Thorn is fixed.

Kydd BlaZe

Finally hit rank 5. Farmed an assload of glimmer from the exclusion zone and bought fucking everything. Got the gauntlets, the boots, the scout rifle, the fusion rifle, the class item, and both shaders. Also got two Jolders Hammers to drop for me (one void and one solar). Really wanted Timurs Lash and the Space Bus, but I think I'm done until the next IB.

DjRalford

Just got enough glimmer for the IB fusion rifle, but already had a void and solar so rerolled into an ark with hammer forged.

I weep at all the helium I need for my armor and timurs lash, I'm fine farming on everything else except the moon.

I weep at all the helium I need for my armor and timurs lash, I'm fine farming on everything else except the moon.

Was just about to come say this. Would get my warlock to level 30 (after my titan has been stuck at 29 with the no-show chest piece).

But I'm not gonna do it. Nope. Maybe a 15 minutes here and there untill the release of the DLC...but not going to start grinding those mats again.

Dragon Age!

Angry Guy

Well, it's been a massive struggle, but I managed to make it to rank 4! Now I can get some legs and arms for my hunter that aren't bugly. Lots of thanks to everyone I grouped up with along the way-I met a lot of really cool, funny Guardians, and I even fought on a team with Deej for a while there. GG, everyone!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You have fun stealing all that heavy ammo?!?!?!

LMAO. That shit was driving me nuts, but made me laugh really hard too. I was like she is thirsty as fuck for that heavy ammo.

By the time I played with you guys I was already rank 5. More about doing bounties than actually winning at that point. But yeah Thunderlord helps me go toe to toe with those SUROS bastards. I'm proud of my 22 kill streak.

Spiders

I really enjoyed Iron Banner this time. My warlock was missing raid gauntlets and my hunter was missing boots and gauntlets, and now both of them are just a few upgrades away from level 30.

I also got Jolder's Hammer twice.

By the time I played with you guys I was already rank 5. More about doing bounties than actually winning at that point. But yeah Thunderlord helps me go toe to toe with those SUROS bastards. I'm proud of my 22 kill streak.
Ahhh Thunderlord...I was wondering how you were dropping people so fast. I would aim at them and they'd be dead before I even shot off one round.

I really REALLY want that gun. Not surprised it hasn't dropped for me. But the guns I don't give a shit about, I end up getting once or twice a week (Gjallahorn).

And I got NOTHING from Iron Banner.

I just noticed I have very few Arc damage weapons. I somehow have a single one (a machine gun). Is that less common than Void/Solar? I could reroll one of my Perons Fires just to get Arc damage but I really dont want to.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My first reroll of Timur's Lash, Rangefinder, Field Scout/Explosive Rounds and Reactive Reload... sold. Will be nice to have a gun that I can compulsively reload with compared to Hawkmoon.

Had to roll a bunch of times to get Perun's Fire in Arc, but I got one with Rangefinder, Accelerated Coils and Kneepads. My thing was stop rolling when I get the first Arc one with Accelerated Coils. Plus I like to slide so I'm keeping it. I had rolled a great Void one with Hammer Forged and Grenadier which is a shame (no time to get/roll two) but I like the vendor 77 Wizard so much that I don't really mind. Needed a Legendary Arc fusion more than anything and this will be a badass one.

First Jolder's Hammer (such a cool looking gun btw) reroll, Arc with Counterbalance (on top of Soft Ballistics), High Caliber Rounds, and Feeding Frenzy. Final mod could've been better, but I wanted Arc and it's so all-around good in every way I'm keeping this one too. Now I have a pretty damn sweet setup for each burn with Legendaries and Exotics to choose from... feels good.

Vendor Gheleon's Demise is just fine, no complaints about the default perks so that's going to my Titan outright.

Plus my gloves and boots, I'm headed to 30 with a bunch of cool new guns and much happier with how my Hunter looks. Iron Banner, thumbs up.

DjRalford

I just noticed I have very few Arc damage weapons. I somehow have a single one (a machine gun). Is that less common than Void/Solar? I could reroll one of my Perons Fires just to get Arc damage but I really dont want to.

I rerolled the fusion rifle to arc, goes well with my thunderlord as I was really short on arc damage weapons, until this last week I only had 1.

Now I have an arc sniper, shotgun, fusion rifle and thunderlord all thanks to nightfall, ranking packages, marks and IB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom