• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manp

so i got everything from IB that didn't involve luck. that means armor pieces, shaders, fusion rifle, scout rifle, titan mark.
got timur's lash and no backup plans from random drops, nothing i was really interested in. i would have liked the IB sniper rifle or machine gun but no dice.

got a lot of the rep to get to lvl 5 from bounties since it seems it's almost impossible to land in a winning team for me. not that i always was the best in my team, but not the worst either.

all in all i'm not sure i enjoyed it... if anything it just proved once again i'm not really a PvP type of person.

hope next event will be PvE and will finally give me the gear needed to hit lvl 30 :)

Farmed the cabal for an hour and reached the glimmer cap (i had 7000 glimmer when i started doing the trick) what an amazing farming place, between those legionaries and the network keys the thing goes really fast.

Bought the gloves for my warlock, goldspiral shader, and another Perun´s Fire, then i rerolled it, my objective was the same as Hawkian and almost everyone else, arc+accelerated coils, and well, i had luck for once, after just 10 motes the thing ended with Arc damage, Performance Bonus, Accelerated Coils, and Who´s Next, quite neat, rerolled a bit my second Jolder´s Hammer too, this one ended with Solar damage, Rangefinder, Field Scout, and Who´s Next, not too bad, would prefer Arc Damage, but hey, those motes aren´t infinite.

I´m quite pleased with the outcome.

Farmed the cabal for an hour and reached the glimmer cap (i had 7000 glimmer when i started doing the trick) what an amazing farming place, between those legionaries and the network keys the thing goes really fast.

you can get 20k glimmer in an hour from Awakening the Hive starting from zero glimmer! :D

Steroyd

Reset in just over an hour.

Oh RNGesus pls.

Solar burn
Vex Mythoclast
Hawkmoon
Thunderlord

If it's too greedy then just the Mythoclast, Hawkmoon can at least be RNG'd outside of a hard raid, even though I want that most.

Jinjo

My first reroll of Timur's Lash, Rangefinder, Field Scout/Explosive Rounds and Reactive Reload... sold. Will be nice to have a gun that I can compulsively reload with compared to Hawkmoon.

Had to roll a bunch of times to get Perun's Fire in Arc, but I got one with Rangefinder, Accelerated Coils and Kneepads. My thing was stop rolling when I get the first Arc one with Accelerated Coils. Plus I like to slide so I'm keeping it. I had rolled a great Void one with Hammer Forged and Grenadier which is a shame (no time to get/roll two) but I like the vendor 77 Wizard so much that I don't really mind. Needed a Legendary Arc fusion more than anything and this will be a badass one.

First Jolder's Hammer (such a cool looking gun btw) reroll, Arc with Counterbalance (on top of Soft Ballistics), High Caliber Rounds, and Feeding Frenzy. Final mod could've been better, but I wanted Arc and it's so all-around good in every way I'm keeping this one too. Now I have a pretty damn sweet setup for each burn with Legendaries and Exotics to choose from... feels good.

Vendor Gheleon's Demise is just fine, no complaints about the default perks so that's going to my Titan outright.

Plus my gloves and boots, I'm headed to 30 with a bunch of cool new guns and much happier with how my Hunter looks. Iron Banner, thumbs up.

Those are some nice guns Hawkian. My Jolder's Hammer is exactly the same, except it has field scout, dropped like that too in the crucible. The increased reload on kill really helps (if I remember Feeding Frenzy perk correctly), its reload is painstakingly slow. I didn't pick up Perun's Fire since I already have a beastly Light/Beware with Rangefinder, Hammerforged or Accelerated Coils and Grenadier. Rerolled my old Timur's Lash and it got Spray & Play, Flared Magwell and Crowd Control. Low clip size, but beastly reload so I'm cool with that. That thing does so much damage, looking to fully upgrade it soon.

IB changes are really good, looking forward to the next one, hopefully with more new guns & armor. It's good to have some glimmer again to spend on upgrades now though lol.

Iron banner has been a success for me. Due to limited time with work and being away at the weekend I still managed to get to rank 4. Bought two sets of hunter armour to get both of them to 29 with only a raid chest or helmet needed to hit 30 on each.

In my second last IB match jolder's hammer dropped, re-rolled to arc with field scout, hip fire and who's next. Didn't have enough notes to risk losing the arc and field scout.

Bought perun's fire and re-rolled to arc with accelerated coils, kills grant bonus ammo and melee increase reload speed. Again I didn't have enough motes to risk losing arc and coils.

I really hope they apply the tempered bonus to future events and the medalion system.

I was having such a hard time with lag I decided to move my PS4 into the room with the router and hook in an ethernet cable. Lag was much improved and I was playing significantly better in Crucible. Going to have to find some solution since playing in this other room long term won't work.

One the plus side my slog through the Void Kill bounty went from frustrating slog to walk in the park easy mode. I was amazed at the difference.

On to slay Xyor and claim Thorn now!

Bought the gloves for my warlock, goldspiral shader, and another Perun´s Fire, then i rerolled it, my objective was the same as Hawkian and almost everyone else, arc+accelerated coils, and well, i had luck for once, after just 10 motes the thing ended with Arc damage, Performance Bonus, Accelerated Coils, and Who´s Next, quite neat, rerolled a bit my second Jolder´s Hammer too, this one ended with Solar damage, Rangefinder, Field Scout, and Who´s Next, not too bad, would prefer Arc Damage, but hey, those motes aren´t infinite.

I´m quite pleased with the outcome.
Oh what is this new glimmer run?

Exclusion zone on Mars on any of the hard difficulties. Head through the door and take the first wave of cabal out. A drop ship will then drop a load of yellow health bars of. Don't kill the phalanxes and once you've killed everything else let the phalanxes kill you.

Rinse and repeat for as long as you need. You will get ~500 per run and each run takes 2 mins or so.

Just remember to keep popping the cabal bonus glimmer items.

JayEH

First time playing this game in a few days. Hope into a crucible match. We win. Person who went 3 and 11 gets thunderlord. It's good to be back.

you can get 20k glimmer in an hour from Awakening the Hive starting from zero glimmer! :D

I tried that before, but it seems slower to me, dunno.

The Mango Sentinel said:
It´s just the first mars mission (exclusion zone) on heroic, go to the tunnel, open the door and activate the alarm, use resuply codes, the doors will open, kill everyone, after that a ship drops ultras and some phalanxes, kill every single legionary (you will get some network codes too) and let the phalanxes kill you, rinse and repeat, 3 minutes tops and 500 glimmer per run.

Edit: Beaten as the Cabal in the Exclusion Zone

First mission on Mars on Heroic. Lots and lots of majors very close to the beginning.

Exclusion zone on Mars on any of the hard difficulties. Head through the door and take the first wave of cabal out. A drop ship will then drop a load of yellow health bars of. Don't kill the phalanxes and once you've killed everything else let the phalanxes kill you.

Rinse and repeat for as long as you need. You will get ~500 per run and each run takes 2 mins or so.

Just remember to keep popping the cabal bonus glimmer items.
Ahhh very nice. Thanks guys. It'll also be nice for that damn cabal bounty too, at least better than the one I would do.

Now I just need something better for the Fallen bounty...

Nodnol

Come on Solar Burn. *rubs hands together*

It feels like they are ignoring it.

VoC plus Ice Breaker plus Hezen Vengeance will just destroy everything.

Well I got an Arc fusion rifle roll on my first reforge. I'll just vault it because the perks blow but at least I have a second arc weapon now. I'd keep re-rolling but only 17 motes of light left.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ahhh Thunderlord...I was wondering how you were dropping people so fast. I would aim at them and they'd be dead before I even shot off one round.

I really REALLY want that gun. Not surprised it hasn't dropped for me. But the guns I don't give a shit about, I end up getting once or twice a week (Gjallahorn).

And I got NOTHING from Iron Banner.

Thunderlord is special to me because it's my first major drop. Got it during the hardest nightfall on a level 25 while tagging along with somebody who did all the work. Without it I wouldn't have done the bounties so easily. It takes care of headshot streaks, kill streaks, etc. I always get the IB bounties all done in one session thanks to it.

Daigoro

what's the active reload perk people are talking about? sounds cool.

i wish i had rerolled my Timur's a few more times to get some good perks, but i havent played at all in the last 3 days...

You have fun stealing all that heavy ammo?!?!?!

LMAO. That shit was driving me nuts, but made me laugh really hard too. I was like she is thirsty as fuck for that heavy ammo.

i know you're joking, but thats sure better than having teammates constantly run right past heavy ammo over and over again.

drove me nuts.

adin75

Ahhh very nice. Thanks guys. It'll also be nice for that damn cabal bounty too, at least better than the one I would do.

Now I just need something better for the Fallen bounty...

I do it on Venus, not 100% on the location name (Shattered Coast?) but head right from spawn then left from the end of the first area. There is a couple of Fallen that spawn there frequently, as a bonus further up is a Minatour and other vex so you can get both bounties done in a single location.

i know you're joking, but thats sure better than having teammates constantly run right past heavy ammo over and over again.

drove me nuts.

Hey, that always happens to me even playing with my buds, i´m the only one who heads towards the heavy ammo spawn points when the announcer says it, the funny thing is that they are always whinning about how they never get that ammo, wtf dudes, get your shit together.

I reforged my Timur's Lash, got Range Finder, Send It and Radar. I am happy.

My Perun's Fire with Range Finder and Hammerforged is a beast, range akin to the Plan C. Very good compliment when using the SUROS or The Last Word. Haven't tried my Void one with Range Finder and Accelerated Coils yet.

Normal Crucible is a breeze after getting to Rank 5 in Iron Banner. Wasted so much Glimmer/Ascendants upgrading guns, using weaker ones will be nice.

Here's hoping I get the Hawkmoon and Vex this week. I can't be unlucky forever, can I?!?

Steroyd

Come on Solar Burn. *rubs hands together*

It feels like they are ignoring it.

VoC plus Ice Breaker plus Hezen Vengeance will just destroy everything.

They have to be purposefully ignoring it, I mean we even had a no burn week ffs.

The fear for the Horn is real.

3 minutes tops and 500 glimmer per run.

one single life at the Moondoor is around 200 glimmer, takes about 1 minute?

Black Wax Idol, kill all yellow Acolytes and most of the Thralls. You get around 3000 glimmer per 10 minutes worth of Waxies. And the Acolytes drop more Waxes and the Hive version of Resupply codes or whatever those were :D

LordofPwn

Some great games tonight, even when we got destroyed. Started at rank 0 in IB with my Titan and came 141 rep away from my boots... 1 win, or 1 more headshot spree. So close. Till next time Saladin, till next time.

MrMuscle

Pretty happy with my Grimoire score right now!

Skjermbilde2014-11-25kl100502_zps6adcb040.png

Jinjo

I just picked up the Light in the Dark bounty last night, so I really doubt it will be Summoning Pits this week. Life (RNGsus) isn't that kind :p.

Edit: Motherfucker...

The weekly strike order is the only thing in this game that isn't RNG lol. Next week is Nexus, then Ta'aurc and after that Archon Priest. Then it goes back to Sepiks Prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom