• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinjo

Too bad they won't give us PS-players the Flayers strike ever :(

Yeah, that actually would be a really interesting one to do Nightfall in. Especially a solar one. So many mobs at the end.

Also, no solar was expected. There is nothing that does solar damage in the summoning pits. Maybe next week with the Vex or after with Ta'aurc. Archon Priest is also a bitch with solar and lightswitch. Especially now with them removing the cheese. I'm not convinced about the ledge at the start area. Had way more trouble there than under the platform, and the jump there now seems really difficult. Especially risky on nightfall.

JayEH

Yeah, that actually would be a really interesting one to do Nightfall in. Especially a solar one. So many mobs at the end.

Also, no solar was expected. There is nothing that does solar damage in the summoning pits. Maybe next week with the Vex or after with Ta'aurc. Archon Priest is also a bitch with solar and lightswitch. Especially now with them removing the cheese. I'm not convinced about the ledge at the start area. Had way more trouble there than under the platform, and the jump there now seems really difficult. Especially risky on nightfall.

Archon Priest is not bad if you just take turns shooting at the boss from the ledge.

Jinjo

Pretty happy with my Grimoire score right now!

Skjermbilde2014-11-25kl100502_zps6adcb040.png

Where'd you get the second emblem?

Archon Priest is not bad if you just take turns shooting at the boss from the ledge.

He goes away from view a lot though, and the snipers can be annoying.

How can you not love those bongos in the intro. pata dudu

Dude, it's a 4-second loop that goes OVER and OVER again lol. Definitely not Marty's best work.

HighOnPCP

Summoning Pits with void? ohhh yeah Atheon's Epilogue, Praedyth's Revenge and finally my Truth is gonna get some play again. Should be cake.

Since they balanced it even with a maxxed epilogue and preydeth it'll be a pain solo

I just tried it and didn't even bother. Epilogue won't even scratch the shields on the Knights and Wizards. I have a maxed Supremecy void which has almost as much impact as an ice breaker and that seemed underpowered as well. I don't know why bungie had to mess with this. I guess I'll wait till tomorrow and do nightfall with a full fire team. I'm sure it's doable but it's not worth the hassle

Summoning Pits with void? ohhh yeah Atheon's Epilogue, Praedyth's Revenge and finally my Truth is gonna get some play again. Should be cake.

Not difficult but not super easy either. I'm guessing with epilogue and PR having low impact you're gonna have trouble breaking their shields. My corrective measure was having difficulty. Once the shields are down then yeah it is cake

Maybe bring some solar and arc for wizard and knight shields. Using the burn is okay, but nothing still beats using the correct element against shields.

This

I'm thinking about getting this game on Xbox One. I got rid of my PS4 until bloodborne, but I know the game is really focused more on the PS4 community. Is the Xbox one community alive and kicking for this game? Not that this is any comparison, but titianfall had barely 1000 people on when I logged in tonight and I'm afraid to start a game with a community that on a downward slope.

What do you think GAF? Should I grab the Xbox one version. I'm really into competitive shooters with friends and since my halo itch isn't being scratched I thinking of moving games. I'd say I'm more interested in crucible then anything, so I really want a game with an active competitive multiplayer scene)

Jinjo

Maybe bring some solar and arc for wizard and knight shields. Using the burn is okay, but nothing still beats using the correct element against shields.

Jinjo

I'm thinking about getting this game on Xbox One. I got rid of my PS4 until bloodborne, but I know the game is really focused more on the PS4 community. Is the Xbox one community alive and kicking for this game? Not that this is any comparison, but titianfall had barely 1000 people on when I logged in tonight and I'm afraid to start a game with a community that on a downward slope.

What do you think GAF? Should I grab the Xbox one version. I'm really into competitive shooters with friends and since my halo itch isn't being scratched I thinking of moving games. I'd say I'm more interested in crucible then anything, so I really want a game with an active competitive multiplayer scene)

Multiplayer is more broken than really competitive. Supers are easy win-buttons, weapon balance is way off the mark. I wouldn't call this a competitive multiplayer game atleast. It is fun though, but if you're looking for a real skill-based multiplayer I would look further. Game is one of the biggest sellers on both consoles so I wouldn't worry about population too much. I don't have an Xbone though, so I can't say for sure.

I have seen some Xbox one players on this thread. However the very vast majority are ps4 users in this thread.

NastyBook

Welp, my Warlock's fucked. They couldn't make the IB two weeks long? People that gotta work over the weekend got boned if they had multiple characters. If I didn't have three pieces fo Raid gear for my Hunter, she'd be SOL too.

And as soon as the DLC drops, nobody here'll be doing the VoG anymore. Then there's the slim chances of getting the boots to drop for my Lock anyway.

Weak...

HighOnPCP

I'm packing my VoC and Icebreaker just in case :D Knight's will still get 1 shotted (or very close to it) by Truth. Shield and everything. The majors will still have health left but AE will melt them I think...I'm so ready lol

OH and I totally forgot...I'm a Warlock. I AM VOID DAMAGE!

Jinjo

Pocket Infinity says hello.

I see your PI and raise you a Ballarhorn. That thing destroys everything even without burn lol.

Welp, my Warlock's fucked. They couldn't make the IB two weeks long? People that gotta work over the weekend got boned if they had multiple characters. If I didn't have three pieces fo Raid gear for my Hunter, she'd be SOL too.

And as soon as the DLC drops, nobody here'll be doing the VoG anymore. Then there's the slim chances of getting the boots to drop for my Lock anyway.

Weak...

Yeah, two weeks would have been a lot better, but it'd be really easy to reach the cap, especially with the buff, since that one was already pretty potent halfway through the first week. No need for VoG gear with the new lv32 gear. Wouldn't be so sure about people not wanting to run VoG anymore though, plenty of people still want that Mythoclast
or Fatebringer :(
. Hard VoG is gonna be a lot easier too as a lv32, so I expect quicker runs there too.

Rixa

My first 2 Nightfalls (before this week) has netted me:

1. Venation III legendary hand cannon
2. 10 coins

"Fun" to wait and see what I get from this weeks NF.

I see your PI and raise you a Ballarhorn. That thing destroys everything even without burn lol.

I dont have Bjallerhorny :(.
I guess I can switch The Swarm (void dam) to Zombie WTF (arc dam). Then my weapon trio would be:

1. Maxxed Atheon's Epiloque (Void)
2. Pocket Infinity (Solar)
3. Zombie A. (Arc)

Or for the 3. Weapon I could use Unfriendly Giant (Solar). Tho I dont have arc dam 2. weapon.

NastyBook

Yeah, two weeks would have been a lot better, but it'd be really easy to reach the cap, especially with the buff, since that one was already pretty potent halfway through the first week. No need for VoG gear with the new lv32 gear. Wouldn't be so sure about people not wanting to run VoG anymore though, plenty of people still want that Mythoclast
or Fatebringer :(
. Hard VoG is gonna be a lot easier too as a lv32, so I expect quicker runs there too.
Thanks for that. I forgot all about the Mythoclast and the Fatebringer. I should be able to find peeps with checkpoints for those. Throw on Fireborn, and I can hold my own at an Atheon checkpoint.

Things don't look so grim anymore.

HighOnPCP

VoG will still be played after TDB drops because you can probably get the new exotics out of the gorgon chest or from atheon too. The more chances to get no land beyond or dragon's breath the better!

Jinjo

VoG will still be played after TDB drops because you can probably get the new exotics out of the gorgon chest or from atheon too. The more chances to get no land beyond or dragon's breath the better!

Exactly. I've often had more luck with exotics from one hard Atheon run than three weekly nightfall runs.

Jinjo

Its just RNG i got way more exotics from nightfall then the raid.

I know it is, but I was reinforcing the sentiment that people will still run VoG, since it's another RNG roll for exotics.

I need to start whoring out tiger strikes now though, gotta get dem motes and stock up on exotic engrams so I can decrypt them when the DLC hits. There's been no mention of DLC-specific exotic engram from database mining right?

My Gjallarhorn/Thunderlord needs dem Ruin Wings.

Jinjo

Is there a way to cheese the dinklebot section?

The small walls near the entrance to the room. Fall back only if you have to, just watch the spawns at the top of the staircase. They will spawn if you stay in the staircase room too long. Having a bubbleshield in the middle really helps against the wizards. Thank god it's not arc anymore though, that shit was brutal a couple weeks back.

Shito

Is there a way to cheese the dinklebot section?
Stay at the entrance of the room.
Only the wizards of the last wave will chase you down in the corridor leading to this room, but not further away, so back up when they spawn and stay at the entry of the corridor.

General rule of Destiny: nearly every section can be "cheesed" by backing up to the entry of the room. :)

Carn82

General rule of Destiny: nearly every section can be "cheesed" by backing up to the entry of the room. :)

Yup. The only exception I know of is Sepiks; if you die you spawn in the room and the door will be closed (atleast, that's what happened during last weeks weekly during my attempt)

Shito

Yup. The only exception I know of is Sepiks; if you die you spawn in the room and the door will be closed (atleast, that's what happened during last weeks weekly during my attempt)
Yeah, there are a few exceptions like that.
Phogoth also, if you stay in the "middle room" before him and someone in the team dies, you get wiped.

The small walls near the entrance to the room. Fall back only if you have to, just watch the spawns at the top of the staircase. They will spawn if you stay in the staircase room too long. Having a bubbleshield in the middle really helps against the wizards. Thank god it's not arc anymore though, that shit was brutal a couple weeks back.

Stay at the entrance of the room.
Only the wizards of the last wave will chase you down in the corridor leading to this room, but not further away, so back up when they spawn and stay at the entry of the corridor.

Yeah I was actually trying this during the last nightfall and the wizards were just fucking relentless. But since this is void hopefully it won't be too bad.

Shito

Hopefully they'll start including the DLC strike(s) in the weekly rotation in two weeks.
I'd be (positively) surprised if they do, seeing that not anyone will have access to it.
It would be a good way to push their DLC to more people, but I suppose they could get a lot of rants for it...

Jinjo

I'd be (positively) surprised if they do, seeing that not anyone will have access to it.
It would be a good way to push their DLC to more people, but I suppose they could get a lot of rants for it...

Yeah I'm not really expecting it since they can't even give the PS4 folks the flayers strike, or PS4 exclusive exotics with Xur. They're really lazy in that regard. I don't expect the new exotic armor with Xur either, which is also kinda bullshit.

They totally should put all that stuff in play when the DLC launches, maybe in a seperate DLC weekly and one or two random DLC (one random class item, one random gun) items with Xur, cause the content is already limited enough as is. We will be paying for this new content in our game, you know.

Ah my young padawan.

At the starting ledge jump to the left where the rocks are.

There is a ledge that you can stand on, up high, behind cover and blast away without taking any damage whatsoever.

The rock kinda points out Infront of you stopping the enemies getting a clear shot.

You're welcome :)

So does doing the NF Summoning Pits count towards Xyor for Thorn bounty?

Don't think so, it's a separate strike altogether on the map isn't it?

Well I don't see any reason for anyone to rant about it.

They could just continue with the regular strikes and include the new ones as well. So people that bought the dlc can run two nightfalls a week, and the people that didn't it'll be business as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom