• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

Whoops, actually just got a call from work so can't join any hard raids right now. I'm free at 6pm for them though!

It was bound to happen eventually but I finally managed to do 3 hard raids, 3 NFs, and 3 Weeklies without getting a single new item. 2nd TLW, 3rd Mask of the Third Man... and ass for days.

Shout out to the normal raid crew for another quick week (3 hard raids + 3 NFs in ~3.5 hrs ain't bad). Too bad cyborg is apparently dead....

Did all three Nightfalls on remote play from work with Nami and GDT. I used the Vision of Confluence as my main so I could help take down all those damn solar wizard shields. They were pretty easy otherwise. Thanks again to the guys for letting me switch in my 26 warlock at the end of the third NF. Got shit for rewards all three times (my sixth judgement IV, third Shadow Price, and shards) but Nami got two exotic helmets.

Got montle Carlo and the rest of the raid gear so I have 3 lvl 30 now. Just gotta farm mats..

It was bound to happen eventually but I finally managed to do 3 hard raids, 3 NFs, and 3 Weeklies without getting a single new item. 2nd TLW, 3rd Mask of the Third Man... and ass for days.

Shout out to the normal raid crew for another quick week (3 hard raids + 3 NFs in ~3.5 hrs ain't bad). Too bad cyborg is apparently dead....
yeah always nice knocking these out when the reset happens. In 2 weeks we will be getting new loot! And cyborg will be alive then

Deku Tree

What happened to cyborg? Just taking a break from destiny?

Probabilistically the more stuff you have from RNG then the less and less likely you are to get the rest from RNG and you are much much more likely to just keep getting repeats. Unfortunately that is the way the odds stack up. What are you missing?

Bladelaw

I managed to get rank 4 on my titan so now I have a level 30 hunter a 29 titan (need a 30 light chest or helmet) and a 27 warlock. The last day was a giant pain in the ass. I needed 4 bounties and three wins to hit rank four. The bounties went pretty easy (Thunderdome got me the melee kills in one match). The wins were significantly more difficult to get this time around. I won 2, lost 5, and then carried a team with one other to victory just barely (20000-19200).

Did it seem like solo folks were getting matched against full fireteams? It happened three times in a row all in different lobbies to me last night.

Steroyd

Not a bad week from RNGesus endowed me with 2 Hard Lights (one from Nightfall and 1 from the Raid) and a THUNDERLORD FUCK YES!!

I guess that narrows down what Xur is going to sell this week. ¬_¬

Now I'm only missing Vex Mythoclast, Hawkmoon and Red Death... 2 of which is 100% RNG based. :/

Deku Tree

Not a bad week from RNGesus endowed me with 2 Hard Lights (one from Nightfall and 1 from the Raid) and a THUNDERLORD FUCK YES!!

I guess that narrows down what Xur is going to sell this week. ¬_¬

Now I'm only missing Vex Mythoclast, Hawkmoon and Red Death... 2 of which is 100% RNG based. :/

Yup Xur sold Red Death twice I think. I've done so many hard raids and still no Vex. Also no Hawkmoon for me either.

Mattiator

Anyone interested at doing a hard raid at 1130 pst 230 est.
Got lots of experience just having trouble finding a reliable group week after week.

Sigh, 2 more attempts with Nightfall to get Hawkmoon.

Also did Bungie talk about how old exotic weapons will remain relevant once we get new exotics from the DLC?

We need 3 guys or hard Atheon. Anyone want to join? You could get an exotic, who knows. :p

PSN: Wretched_Walrus

PSN: Darryl_M_R. level 29 hunter

Deku Tree

Also did Bungie talk about how old exotic weapons will remain relevant once we get new exotics from the DLC?

No but Urk said in this topic that pretty much every detail of how everything is going to work in the dark below (or at least many many details) are going to be in a GameInformer article that will be released before the Dark Below (I think the week of).

noomi

PSN: Darryl_M_R. level 29 hunter

I'm really concerned about this as well, I still want to use my old legendaries and exotics. Would be nice is we could "upgrade" them to be on par with the new exotics. The attack power is higher come new raid.

phen0m24

So what's on the agenda tonight, Destiny folk?

Am thinking to avoid my last Friday night of 3 Nightfalls and 2 weeklies all back to back I may run some tonight. Poor deafmedal - we were so sick of Septic Tank Prime and two-manned most of them...
lol of course he hogged the kills with Fatebringer
Haha

Nightfall, weeklies and hard raid is possible.

PSN: ColonelOCorn
3 level 29's
(forever 29)
, one of each class, with max leveled void weapons coming out of my ears. Bring on the Phogoth.
Again

Jinjo

I know Bungie intended it to be cool visual effect to show of that you beat the nightfall, but it's really fucking annoying having these blue flames around my character's face after completing the nightfall. It looks ridiculous and it's not even special or anything since everyone walks around with it. Needs to be a way to switch this off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom