• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

phen0m24

...I feel like everyone does their weekly activities literally within 10 hours of them being up. I feel left out here sitting in the office. If anyone's interested, I'd be down for Nightfalls, Weeklies, and would love to raid tonight.

Scroll up schwag. ;) there are some of us who are also stuck at work hehe :p

Cheese spot? Queue the safe room.

Steroyd

Anyone else broke as a damn joke after the IB? I'm sitting on 240 glimmer after leveling my weapons and gear a bit.

I had to pop some Black Wax Idol when doing the nightfalls and weeklies just to get my glimmer back to respectable levels so I only have to worry about Spinmetal or Spirit Bloom, that said all the bubbles left neglected over the weekend I still don't think I have enough.

Never thought Glimmer would be the thing to hold me back upgrading my weapons.

Anyone else broke as a damn joke after the IB? I'm sitting on 240 glimmer after leveling my weapons and gear a bit.

Same here. First time I'm out of the glimmer since release I think. Got to hand in about 50 collectibles to the cryptarch too. It'll be back at 25000 soon enough.

Dave_6

Got this from a drop a few weeks ago and it has become my go-to sniper when I can't use my Ice Breaker:
15254451904_ef2f367c1f_o.jpg

Nice sunset I captured last night while waiting for the Devil Walker to show up:

LordofPwn

Acolytes have void shooters, and as others have said, there's the Shrieker in the entrance room to Phogoth. Also, I guess there is the dropship in the Circle of Bones.

Forgot about the Acolytes... and might need to find myself a void rare sniper that can shoot through walls to avoid the shrieker if playing solo...

Also not sure if i should use void walker or play it safe with sunsinger. (always nice to be able to self revive when playing solo and something sneaks up on you.)

Defender titan is a given.

Gunslinger great for witches, blade dancer for stealth.

Corrective measure and void swarm will help too. but it might also be nice to roll with 2 others on this one, just to speed things up a bit.

Pickman

Seriously, how do I go 16-8 one match and then the next match go 4-15? My KDR over the last 20 games graph on bungie.net looks like the jawline of a great white shark. It's just spikes and dips and spikes and dips.

I'm so inconsistent. The only thing consistent is me getting objectively correct medal, heh.

Last match of the IB for me and I got one more mote of light so I could reroll my Peruns Fire one last try and I did get the perks I wanted - Accelerated coils and Hip Fire, but it was Solar and I really wanted Arc. But I"ll take it. I really need more Arc weapons for PvE but those perks should be good for PvP which I mostly do anyway.

For me it depends on the map. Twilight Gap or Blind Watch? Lucky if I clear a 0.7 KDR. Last 3 matches of IB for me, I got top kills for my teams with nothing lower than a 2.3 KDR. They were on Shores of Time and Rusted Lands. I do pretty well on Delphi as well. All just depends on if it's close quarters or not, for me. Give me a little space and I've got a lot to work with.

Also, during IB I discovered the beauty of my Shadow Price with a 42 round clip, increased accuracy the longer I fire, and rapid reload on empty. I'm a fucking bullet hose.

Rank 26 reward!
These stingy assholes from Dead Orbit have got until the new raid to give me one of their shaders (if superblack is indeed the new raid shader)
Then I can finally take off their shitty excuse for a cloak.

lunlunqq

So what's on the agenda tonight, Destiny folk?

Am thinking to avoid my last Friday night of 3 Nightfalls and 2 weeklies all back to back I may run some tonight. Poor deafmedal - we were so sick of Septic Tank Prime and two-manned most of them...
lol of course he hogged the kills with Fatebringer
Haha

Nightfall, weeklies and hard raid is possible.

PSN: ColonelOCorn
3 level 29's
(forever 29)
, one of each class, with max leveled void weapons coming out of my ears. Bring on the Phogoth.
Again

I'm down for that tonight, depending on when the kid goes to bed. Eager to see if my drops could be even worse than last week's. :(

rNilla

Rank 26 reward!

These stingy assholes from Dead Orbit have got until the new raid to give me one of their shaders (if superblack is indeed the new raid shader)

Yeah what's up with Dead Orbit giving a single Strange Coin or Ascendant Material? I'm about to throw the vendor right off the Tower.

DjRalford

Forgot about the Acolytes... and might need to find myself a void rare sniper that can shoot through walls to avoid the shrieker if playing solo...

Also not sure if i should use void walker or play it safe with sunsinger. (always nice to be able to self revive when playing solo and something sneaks up on you.)

Defender titan is a given.

Gunslinger great for witches, blade dancer for stealth.

Corrective measure and void swarm will help too. but it might also be nice to roll with 2 others on this one, just to speed things up a bit.

You can sit middle chamber side of the doorway and have a big enough gap to phogoths room to snipe him in safety, just takes a while that's all. I was using Ice breaker to regenerate my preydeths ammo.

realcZk

ok guys, please enlighten me: is it even possible to blink across ninja (platform behind B) on shore's of time to the other side? admittedly, i haven't tried that much but everytime I fail miserably :p

do you just have to jump well before the edge of B so you blink right on top? seems tough but I'd like to get it down

lunlunqq

First hard raid was a success. I got CM - one of two raid weapons I was missing. I actually got two of them to drop, lol. Just need the epilogue now to have all the raid drops.

I also got a Suros from the Gorgonn chest. I passed on it both times Xur had it for sale so pretty happy with that.

Thanks guys for the good group!

How did you get the Vex if you just did your first hard raid?

E92 M3

Jelly of you folks already doing the Nightfall for the week. I'll be at work for another 6 hours or so. (East coast, USA)

At least there's a burn and no Lightswitch this week although I have to say that Angry is my least favorite modifier now. Unflinching heroic mobs that have tons of hps and spam weapon fire (or wizard bolts) at you is not my idea of a good time.

I've also decided that this is the week that I want to do my first Vault of Glass run. After playing so much IB this last week and getting wrecked by Found Verdict, Vision of Confluence, Gjallerhorn, etc. I want in on those raid weapons.

And I need Ascendant Energies! Many, many Ascendant Energies. I have like 6 or 7 weapons that are all waiting on energy to max them out.

Yeah I am at work too. It's going to be horrible when Dark Below comes and all of the impressions flying around. Probably won't read to avoid spoiler lol.

spyder_ur

Scroll up schwag. ;) there are some of us who are also stuck at work hehe :p

Cheese spot? Queue the safe room.

Maybe the best solution would be, I dunno, not to browse the thread at work? Nah..not for me.

Scarlet said you guys might be running Nightfall around 5:30. Might try to drop in with you then - don't think we've played together yet.

LordofPwn

You can sit middle chamber side of the doorway and have a big enough gap to phogoths room to snipe him in safety, just takes a while that's all. I was using Ice breaker to regenerate my preydeths ammo.

I do this exact strategy, up until phogoth gets out of my view from back there, and i cant snipe him. it's when i usually grab my heavy and try and bring him back to a place i can snipe him.

What do I need to do to get ready for my first raid? Currently level 26 and will be at level 27 shortly. I finally have enough coins and motes to get an exotic armor and exotic engram from Xur this weekend. I only have one legendary weapon though - a crappy Dr. Nope. I should be able to buy a Vanguard weapon in the next week - I'd like to get TDYK but I'm also considering the Swarm as it comes with Void damage. Do I need all legendary weapons to be effective in the raid?

At this point your raid group will probably be stacked with 28's and above, so as long as you're a competent player, it won't really matter what you bring. With that being said, a good void weapon will help for the praetorians, and a maxed legendary primary will really help for the oracles.

You're gonna be at a disadvantage being 27, but with smart play and an experienced group, normal raid should be cake at this point.

DesertFox

Iron Banner haul:

Gauntlets
Boots
Void Jolders Hammer (completed my heavy machine gun element collection)
Void Peruns Fire with rangefinder + accelerated coils :)
Solar Peruns Fire with double down + accelerated coils

Since I already had an arc light/beware this event also completed my legendary fusion rifle element collection. Was a pretty good week!

spyder_ur

My hunter (3rd character) will get to 20 sometime tonight, and then I guess 23-24 right away. I've stored about 15 armor engrams for my Hunter to decode. Is there any reason to not do it right away? Does level of the Cryptarch or your character matter at all?

So what are the details for the weekly/nightfall?

I will be running both 3 each with Deku and Fixed tonight.

Add me to the group of being stuck at work every Tuesday waiting to get home to run stuff after reset. I seriously would adjust my schedule to have Tuesdays off if that was possible.

KeRaSh

Anyone want to help me get through the nightfall? Can't gwt through those Arc shields while 4 knights are shooting at me.
PS4 KeRaSh

Rank 26 reward!

Good luck. I've not gotten it and I've gone through about 13 ranks across my characters combined without getting a single one :/. Its always disappointing when the package is a mote of light -_-.

At this point your raid group will probably be stacked with 28's and above, so as long as you're a competent player, it won't really matter what you bring. With that being said, a good void weapon will help for the praetorians, and a maxed legendary primary will really help for the oracles.

You're gonna be at a disadvantage being 27, but with smart play and an experienced group, normal raid should be cake at this point.

Thanks for the reply. I will give it a go when I hit level 27 this weekend and not worry about having all legendaries. Hopefully Xur is selling something good.

What happened to cyborg? Just taking a break from destiny?

Probabilistically the more stuff you have from RNG then the less and less likely you are to get the rest from RNG and you are much much more likely to just keep getting repeats. Unfortunately that is the way the odds stack up. What are you missing?

Cyborg hasn't been in the OT for a while and had only been playing Destiny with us right at reset to knock out all the raids, etc. but he didn't show up for even that much this week. Either something came up or he'll be gone until the DLC, but I know he is still all-in for the new content. He has some super hardcore WoW guild that keeps him busy.

I'd only gotten 1 new item the last 3 weeks each, so I wasn't surprised. Timepiece pulse rifle and Warlock gloves are the only raid drops I'm missing then 4 exotic weapons and 5-6 armors. TLord, Praxic, and Saint-14 are the only things I really want, the rest are Pokemon.

Sucks our time zones don't align for this, need to find a regular raid crew for my time zone (gmt). Almost all of my previous regs have abandoned the game.

Yeah, no kidding man. It sucks to try to keep a team together, but it's really nice when you have a strong group. That's the whole reason we just bust them out at the reset asap. Somewhere around VoG clear #85 I lost patience with it, so it's really hard for me to spend more than 45 min on a hard clear if it's not with our regular raiders.

Zakalwe

Banned
Glide is glorious.

I personally prefer the titan control jetpack but the sunlock control+speed glide is a close second.

I need to explore the higher options. Only unlocked the first level of void control and it's terrible. All it does is float upwards slowly with very little precision control. You can't do the forward momentum jump that Titan lift control lets you do as anything but a quick double tap just makes you slowly glide toward the floor.

Looking forward to blink though. Glad to hear the Sunslinger's glide upgrades well too.

Being able to cheese the hardest content should always be patched out asap. You shouldn't get access to the best raid gear if you can't earn it.

I'd be more in agreement with this if RNGesus wasn't running the show. As it is given that the game is little more than a fruit machine with 20-40 minutes between pulls a certain allowance for cheese has to be made. When combined with some really spongey enemies (Valus T'Aarc represent!) a 0 tolerance policy for cheese just results in people resenting the grind even more.

I have no problem with nerfing the cheese if they also rebalance the encounter so it doesn't take 40-50 IB headshots to take down the boss and his mobs aren't flinch proof, 1HK shield bashing, major bellends argle, bargle rargle
Me bitter over two failed NF solo runs on VT with <20% to go? Never

LiK

I think cyborg is playing other games now. Can't blame him. Once I'm done with Thorn bounty, I'm taking an extended break from this game until Expansion hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom