• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADGAME

I want to do a Flawless raider before the DLC hits. Haven't tried it yet, but I can blow through the raid anyway. I mostly play after approx 9PM EST.

Anyone still want to try Flawless and plays around that time?

If you mean this evening, put me down as a definite maybe. I should have 3 nightfalls completed by then

spyder_ur

Hmm. Okay, so the room before the main chamber, that's what we'll call the Shrieker Room- this is where you'll be doing damage to Phogoth from to cheese him. Very little will come into this room and the stuff that does won't come in very far. If you stay toward the back half of it, you can still hit Phogoth through the doorway and don't have to concern yourself with adds except the ones that actually come up to the door. However, every so often a Shrieker spawns (you can foretell its coming by the red dot). When this happens, run back to the room before it, not into the main chamber, the room BEFORE the Shrieker room on the way to the boss. You're safe in there. Don't go back further as it can reset you, but that room is safe, just hug the right wall. The Shrieker comes with Wizards and Knights, none of which you have to kill- they all just disappear along with the Shrieker, so save your ammo. Then when it disappears, go back into laying into Phogoth and repeat. If you stay on top of the Shrieker spawns, it's a 100% success rate, the only variable is time.

Cool, thanks. I hadn't known about this - for some reason I thought his health respawned when you go back to that room, but I see you have to go back further.

spyder_ur

My hunter (3rd character) will get to 20 sometime tonight, and then I guess 23-24 right away. I've stored about 15-20 armor engrams for my Hunter to decode. Is there any reason to not do it right away when getting to 20? Does level of the Cryptarch or your character matter at all?

Sorry to repost, but does anyone know the answer to this? Don't want to waste engrams.

E92 M3

The problem with Templar fight is how long and boring it actually is. Defending the Confluxes takes too long and by the time people get to the Templar fight itself, it feels more like a slog. People cheese it not because he's hard, but because it's faster than the normal way. It's the worst thing about VoG for repeated playthroughs. Atheon prepatch was actually fun and challenging.

Exactly, I've killed the normal way plenty of time - but cheesing saves time.

Sorry to repost, but does anyone know the answer to this? Don't want to waste engrams.

Yeah, I really don't think it matters either. Some people have insane Cryptarch levels (100+) and they still get almost all blues from the mail packages, and no higher rates of exotics from legendaries, etc.

Ghazi

I just had another Legendary Engram turn into shards/energy. Past 5 or 6 have done that, they need to take that shit out of the options.

Hoodbury

I've died a LOT since using blink due to falling off jumps and missing platforms but I've also dodged death a ton since using blink. I think blink is the best thing since sliced bread for PvP, and I can't wait until I perfect it. Not only does it provide insane escaping ability, but you can totally surprise enemies on cap points by blinking at the right moments and disorienting the enemy's line of sight on you. Blink has saved me from countless grenades and supers (blinking backwards).

I hate blinkers, never know where they'll be.

this jump and firebase delphi's stupid room with the hanging thingy have been the result of a lot of dropped sphagetti on my part.

I've got the spacing down now but generally making those jumps results in dying to the clusterfuck on those points anyways, so I take other approaches.

I also died on Twilight Gap a *lot* while learning the nuances of blink.

the key to Firebase Delphi is to not clutter up the room of death but the cover each sides of the corridors and ramps. I find that I do better being 20 to 30 feet away of the center of the death room then actually being in the middle of it.

Any Xbox one players trying to do nightfall tonight? Normally try to solo but hate making one mistake and starting over.

Also may want to do the raid tomorrow night if possible.

Lvl 30 Titan, gt is misterthirsty

Haybro

Man, even with the void damage buff, my newly acquired Atheon's Epilogue felt like a pea shooter in the nightfall.

I'll stick with my hand cannons and scout rifles.

spyder_ur

From what I've played, it doesn't make that much of a difference. Besides if you have enough high level engrams, you can get Cryptarch up to Level 2 just doing that.

Yeah, I really don't think it matters either. Some people have insane Cryptarch levels (100+) and they still get almost all blues from the mail packages, and no higher rates of exotics from legendaries, etc.

Cool, that's what I figured and my Crpytarch level on my main is like 35 or something, anecdotally no change at all. It's fun decoding a bunch of engrams at a time anyways - now I have closer to 25. Really would like to just get one legendary out of the group and ease the grind to 26-27 a bit. I really, really hate grinding rep at that stage of leveling up.

Pickman

the key to Firebase Delphi is to not clutter up the room of death but the cover each sides of the corridors and ramps. I find that I do better being 20 to 30 feet away of the center of the death room then actually being in the middle of it.

I like to sit to the right of the door heading outside from A. You can easily pick people off running into or trying to cap B, you can cover the door with a short range weapon if they try to flank, and you have a quick hop and lots of cover over to A if someone tries to take it.

X-Frame

I really hope the next IB has the chest next,

I've gotten 2 gloves and 2 legs from the raid so far. I want 30 :(

It needs to have all 4 pieces. It would piss me off if we can only grab half of the armor set per IB week, and since IB is only 1 week most people with full-time commitments can't level up 2-3 characters at once and need to focus on 1 only.

So if they keep the grind the same then it would take everyone 6 IB weeks (at 4 weeks apart?) to get the full set for all characters. And by that point Level 30 will be useless so they'd need to boost the light rating for them all or have additional slots for more mats to boost the rating.

Hmm. Okay, so the room before the main chamber, that's what we'll call the Shrieker Room- this is where you'll be doing damage to Phogoth from to cheese him. Very little will come into this room and the stuff that does won't come in very far. If you stay toward the back half of it, you can still hit Phogoth through the doorway and don't have to concern yourself with adds except the ones that actually come up to the door. However, every so often a Shrieker spawns (you can foretell its coming by the red dot). When this happens, run back to the room before it, not into the main chamber, the room BEFORE the Shrieker room on the way to the boss. You're safe in there. Don't go back further as it can reset you, but that room is safe, just hug the right wall. The Shrieker comes with Wizards and Knights, none of which you have to kill- they all just disappear along with the Shrieker, so save your ammo. Then when it disappears, go back into laying into Phogoth and repeat. If you stay on top of the Shrieker spawns, it's a 100% success rate, the only variable is time.

This is a good alternative way too. Might be faster actually. Just need to clear the adds first though you can do it without doing that even.

I'm so upset right now!!! I just found out we were able to reforge the IB weapons purchased. I totally would have reforged the Gheleon's Demise Scout I bought, ugh!!!!

LordofPwn

ah okay I found it.

103 hours total!
323.94 hours between my 3. Grimoire of 2460

Learning when to stop it and start it again in midair is crucial too. It's not my favorite, and I hate it while using the Relic, but it's very versatile and can get you unique vantage points (especially with Angel of Light).
yup, it takes some getting used to but once you learn it it can be pretty great.

The bug might not be new but the freaking gate keeper hp is def new.

We been doing this for MANY MANY weeks with the exact setup, knows exactly where to go and what to shoot from where,

Not only gatekeeper patorean's got buffed on either hp or taking less damage too.... maybe all yellow hp mobs...

fuck this shit, we used to do hard raid in 45-50 min, took us 2 + hour today.

Oh not to mention they fucking changed the maze. We used to let a single hunter run it through just to make things easier, now the gate doesn't open unless you have 3 person...

fuck bungie, seriously you fucking patch out all the fun, for what?
You've needed 3 people to open the door in the maze for awhile, before Atheon patch even. Guys that did the 2 man raid, needed a third so they could get passed gorgons. And preatorian health is the same, just damage detection is very glitched. everything in the Vault of Glass room is more buggy than before the Atheon patch. Some say it has to do with internet connection.

Yeah, for sure. It sounds like fun... as long as we go for flawless.
We can try. never been successful with templar or oracles on hard the legit way.

MADGAME

You guys want to give this a shot on our run tomorrow?
Not sure I want to try Flawless on Hard Mode, I think our team would have a high probability of success on normal, but not sure I can run extra raids tomorrow night outside of what we normally do.

Plus, I think the slippery Cuco rocks that cause you to fall off the edge are much more slippery in hard mode :p

Looking forv3 for hard raid..

1. Me
2. TysonBane
3. Ocean

Wanna make this buttery smooth so 30s or 29s with the right gear only. Friends and past raiding partners get in here

Hey Greeny, what time you bros looking to do the run?

I might be down today depending on if I dont get roped into another run (would love to run with you guys again anyway, was smooth as butter last time).

Let me know :)

Mattiator

Yeah, for sure. It sounds like fun... as long as we go for flawless.

I've
killed Mom
once in Binding of Isaac... and that's it. I've never been this addicted to a game. o_O

haha yeah I can be available, just let me know if you are getting people together. Got some other stuff to do in the meantime but will keep my eye on the thread.

Replace TFC with Unreal Tournament and it's exactly the same for me.

Awesome :) so far it's me and Zakalwe but I'm sure we will find more quickly.

phen0m24

The problem with Templar fight is how long and boring it actually is. Defending the Confluxes takes too long and by the time people get to the Templar fight itself, it feels more like a slog. People cheese it not because he's hard, but because it's faster than the normal way. It's the worst thing about VoG for repeated playthroughs. Atheon prepatch was actually fun and challenging.

Thanks lik. I read the quote before and I'm thinking: "Wait, I've beaten the oracles multiple times. I learned how to take down the Templar fighting alongside Hawkian and Co. We did it legit."

Now after a number of those, I prefer to blow through the raid as quick as possible because why are we playing at this point?
Come on, it's the LOOT

Born2Live

All I need is the raid chest, or exotic chest for my Warlock to hit level 30. Had the helm drop from Atheon today. Makes me wish I had got the exotic chest from Xur last Friday sigh.

Anyways it's been quite a good haul loot wise for me over the past few days:

Hawkmoon - Raid Chest
Vex Mythlocast x2
Universal Remote - Atheon Hard
Duplicate Raid Weapons - Can give tom my alt.

Still desperate for IB and Ghorn to drop at some point.

realcZk

Thanks lik. I read the quote before and I'm thinking: "Wait, I've beaten the oracles multiple times. I learned how to take down the Templar fighting alongside Hawkian and Co. We did it legit.

Now after a number of those, I prefer to blow through the raid as quick as possible because why are we playing at this point?
Come on, it's the LOOT

exactly, since the loot is all rng, id rather beat the fight as quick as possible to get my random roll of shards on all three characters in the least amount of time it takes. beating it legit the very first time was some of the most fun I've had in a coop experience ever.

Any Xbox one players trying to do nightfall tonight? Normally try to solo but hate making one mistake and starting over.

Also may want to do the raid tomorrow night if possible.

Lvl 30 Titan, gt is misterthirsty

If my nightfall / weekly group isnt full tonight, i'll send you an invite. Mt GT is SimpleCRIPPLE

phen0m24

exactly, since the loot is all rng, id rather beat the fight as quick as possible to get my random roll of shards on all three characters in the least amount of time it takes. beating it legit the very first time was some of the most fun I've had in a coop experience ever.

And maybe somewhere on the way there will be Twin Titans bro-fisting their way to victory.

I believe I sent you a friend request! PSN ColonelOCorn

:p

Lucis

You've needed 3 people to open the door in the maze for awhile, before Atheon patch even. Guys that did the 2 man raid, needed a third so they could get passed gorgons. And preatorian health is the same, just damage detection is very glitched. everything in the Vault of Glass room is more buggy than before the Atheon patch. Some say it has to do with internet connection.

I have not had to go through the maze for the past 2 months... def something that happened this week that did not happen previously to us. We grab the left chest and 5 teleports out of instance. Call it a cheese if you will, but it's what we want to do to make shit easier.

As for the destiny veteran that suggest maybe I should stop playing this game forever...
Maybe that's exactly what bungie wants me to do. I'll consider it. (it's been a 1 hour / week game for me for the past 3 weeks anyways)

realcZk

And maybe somewhere on the way there will be Twin Titans bro-fisting their way to victory.

I believe I sent you a friend request! PSN ColonelOCorn

:p

right on! i'll be raiding this weekend at some point depending on when I get back from thanksgiving stuff, if you're on then i'll hit you up

Namikaze1

Yea, you're fine since we've played together before and you're active here. I just added way too many people for one time raids or some NFs etc. People can readd me for other events but I need to clear out this list.
Don't remove me! Still got the expansion ahead of us! :p

Deku Tree

If you mean this evening, put me down as a definite maybe. I should have 3 nightfalls completed by then

Can't start tonight. Going to do 3x Nightfall + Weekly tonight starting at 9pm EST. I am just looking now for people who are interested in trying a Flawless and can be on around the times that we can be on. Then I'll try to organize attempts later on once I have a full group.

I can play around that time for a shot at flawless.

Cool. I will look for you when I start organizing.

You guys want to give this a shot on our run tomorrow?

Not sure I want to try Flawless on Hard Mode, I think our team would have a high probability of success on normal, but not sure I can run extra raids tomorrow night outside of what we normally do.

Plus, I think the slippery Cuco rocks that cause you to fall off the edge are much more slippery in hard mode :p

Yes we should definitely do Flawless on Normal. If we are going to do 2x Hard on Wed starting at 9pm EST then I don't know if we can get to Flawless.

I'm thinking the hard parts are really the jumping and the bugs.

Did anyone ever write up a set of "advice" for how to attempt a flawless Raider run?

LordofPwn

My weekly wish list:

Warlock raid helm
Praedyth's Timepiece
Hezen Vengeance
Titan Raid boots
Titan Raid Chest
*(Titan Raid Helm)

Hawkmoon
Hardlight
Monte Carlo
Heart of Praxic Fire
Helm of Saint14
Knucklehead Radar
Helm of Inmost Light
Titan Crest of Alpha Lupi

Exotic Weapon Patch
Raid Patch

*only if i get boots and/or chest to get to high 29/30

will be doing 2 maybe 3 hard raids, but definitely 1 normal, maybe more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom