• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Hard Raid with my Hunter, got the helmet. Would have preferred the chest but (after some annoying material farming) I can still get to 30 with this.

Titan just needs boots or the helmet and I'll have all 30 characters.

realcZk

My weekly wish list:
[...]
Exotic Weapon Patch
[...]

Really hyped for this particular one. Bungie has mentioned that it'll be out before the DLC release, so I'm expecting it next week but in reality it'll probably drop hours before the DLC is unlocked :D

I'm hoping the mythoclast buff is really neat, and also looking forward to other exotics being buffed, specifically the Monte Carlo, Bad Juju, and really interested in what the heck they are gonna do with my Thorn :)

Heel

Finally pulled a Mythoclast last night.

Wishlist:
Atheon's Epilogue for my Thorn bounty that's been sitting there for months
Hunter raid helm to have 3 complete sets
Helm of Saint-14 from Xur

JoeTonic

Neo Member
Does anyone else feel like Bungie need to figure out other ways to make things difficult other than "x800% damage, and if you die, start again from even further back this time"?

It's not fun having to be insanely careful all the time. It's tedious, and as long as there's such a massive penalty on dying, players are always going to resort to cheesing the Heroics/ Nightfalls because it's the safest way to play. You're forcing us to play safely with these ludicrous damage tables and death penalties.

Why not try something more interesting like Nightfall time trials or something? I've completely stopped playing Nightfalls and Heroics at this point due to the lack of variation.

The Jer

I'm going to be starting a normal raid with some friends in 30 minutes. Send me a message here or on PSN (TheJer) if you are interested in joining. We need two others. We are all raid noobs and could use a "sherpa." However, we are all level 28/29, have good weapons, and nightfall every week.

is today's Daily today soloable? I forgot what even happens in that mission.

Sword of Crota was funny, ruunn sword, ruunnn sword, run, slash slash, runn slash

EL CUCO

Not sure I want to try Flawless on Hard Mode, I think our team would have a high probability of success on normal, but not sure I can run extra raids tomorrow night outside of what we normally do.

Plus, I think the slippery Cuco rocks that cause you to fall off the edge are much more slippery in hard mode :p

Lol. ALWAYS check your inventory AWAY from a ledge. The rocks get slippery, especially if I'm on your fireteam ;)

E92 M3

Really hyped for this particular one. Bungie has mentioned that it'll be out before the DLC release, so I'm expecting it next week but in reality it'll probably drop hours before the DLC is unlocked :D

I'm hoping the mythoclast buff is really neat, and also looking forward to other exotics being buffed, specifically the Monte Carlo, Bad Juju, and really interested in what the heck they are gonna do with my Thorn :)

I'm sure the Mytho buff will be nice, but it's most important to have it done before the DLC launches so I can enjoy it without worrying about new weapons. Also, I hope they balance more exotics than just the ones shown in the update. Though, chances are that the Suros is getting nerfed a tad.

is today's Daily today soloable? I forgot what even happens in that mission.

Sword of Crota was funny, ruunn sword, ruunnn sword, run, slash slash, runn slash

All dailies are soloable. I tend to do them alone unless in a fireteam. Kinda weird they don't have MM for it though.

--

I just rewatched the vidoc (LOVE Bungie vidocs) and so hyped to play Dark Below. My hype was minimal, but now I am excited to see what they give us. Will also be fun to play around with swords more and hopefully have more vault space.

LordofPwn

I'm thinking the hard parts are really the jumping and the bugs.

Did anyone ever write up a set of "advice" for how to attempt a flawless Raider run?

Someone wrote up a blog post awhile back but essentially here are the tips:

AS OF DESTINY v1.0.3
1.) Don't get cocky or put yourself into a false sense of security, play like it's heroic difficulty.

2.) Confluxes: don't get marked, and everyone come down to the arena. if someone stays up top there's a higher chance for goblins to warp straight to the conflux. if you do get marked. run to the center and be careful coming back.

3.) As soon as the conflux(es) go away call it out and go to your safe spot. there's one on right side, 1 in the spirit bloom area, and one on top of the platform by the spirit bloom. be patient here and be careful of the green goo when leaving the safe spot

4.) call out minotaurs, use whatever to take them out.

5.) be careful with rockets. if you are a titan, look around and do a proximity check and call out when you are going to put down a bubble (blessings of Light)

6.) don't be afraid to run away, the objective is to stay alive. if you need help, call it out.

7.) stay calm, carry on, have fun

8.) oracles, call them out take them out quickly and take care of adds. make sure you can see at least 2 oracle spawns. and for the love of god don't stop moving.

9.) After oracles, take a breather, cheese templar, and head down spirit bloom chest path. be careful you can still die, so don't pull a fig.

10.) gorgons. stick together guardians. There's 2 that you really have to watch out for, and make sure you have heavy and supers ready in case you need to kill 1 or 2 gorgons

11.) jumping puzzle. great time to take a piss break if you need it. Doing the spiral is the safest way across. go one at a time. be careful of the ledge. he is the true enemy.

12.) gatekeepers - 1 portal at a time 3 in the 1st to help out but 1 leaves before the gatekeeper is down. usually it's left portal first.

13.) after first team is back with the 1st relic, relic holder and assistant take 2nd portal, while someone goes mid.

14.) relic super and a couple IB or Gjallarhorn shots will take out the 2nd gatekeeper. 2nd relic must leave last. dont forget to cleanse.

15.) after 2nd relic is retrieved, everyone go mid. call out if you need help with praetorians.

16.) Atheon, aka glitch fest. Here's what to do when things eventually go bad

NO ONE TELEPORTED:
This is fine, kill supplicants and damage Atheon it is possible to kill him without times vengeance. just damage damage damage

1 PERSON TELEPORTED:
that person needs to grab the relic and get out ASAP. so the outside team better open up the portals. Call out the portals too. Jungle/Venus/Green/Right Desert/Mars/Orange/Left, if you don't get teleported but know where to look on radar call it out. anyways once relic is out make sure you cleanse and kill supplicants. Damage Atheon.

2 PEOPLE TELEPORTED:
Close but not quite. Safe strategy is to just hightail it out of there with the relic, but a 3rd person can go in and help. HUnters are best here if they have golden gun.

3 PEOPLE TELEPORTED:
Yay! now don't get sniped by the Hobs, or get beaten down by the minotaur. if you are jungle/green/venus/right/Future. grenade/rocket the minotaur/adds to help the relic holder.
If you are Desert/Orange/Mars/Left/Past use a suppression grenade or rockets that will one shot the hobs. or dont do anything and relic hold takes them all out. this side is easiest but can get really unlucky if the hobs all shoot the relic holder at the same time.

But if you come back alive you now have Times vengeance and can go kick Atheon in his Time bending balls to death. Gjallar back now,

For what it's like to run the hardest part of flawless, watch this video of my success:
Flawless Raid

Deku Tree

I don't like planet destiny because they rip stuff from GAF and its posters without acknowledgment. But they do seem to post everything that is going on right away Quickly.

Step 1. Just hold down the trigger and watch the bullets fly
Step 2. Applies DoT that gets more and more damaging the more bullets hit the target
Step 3. No reloading. Ever.
Step 4. Provides a constant, recharging Overshield
Step 5. Immunity to fall damage
Step 6: Unlimited Jetpack

Yea, you're fine since we've played together before and you're active here. I just added way too many people for one time raids or some NFs etc. People can readd me for other events but I need to clear out this list.

I'm sorry I played another game, please don't delete me. ;-;

ocean

Banned

1.) Don't get cocky or put yourself into a false sense of security, play like it's heroic difficulty.

2.) Confluxes: don't get marked, and everyone come down to the arena. if someone stays up top there's a higher chance for goblins to warp straight to the conflux. if you do get marked. run to the center and be careful coming back.

3.) As soon as the conflux(es) go away call it out and go to your safe spot. there's one on right side, 1 in the spirit bloom area, and one on top of the platform by the spirit bloom. be patient here and be careful of the green goo when leaving the safe spot

5.) be careful with rockets. if you are a titan, look around and do a proximity check and call out when you are going to put down a bubble (blessings of Light)

6.) don't be afraid to run away, the objective is to stay alive. if you need help, call it out.

8.) oracles, call them out take them out quickly and take care of adds. make sure you can see at least 2 oracle spawns. and for the love of god don't stop moving.

9.) After oracles, take a breather, head down spirit bloom chest path. be careful you can still die, so don't pull a fig.

10.) gorgons. stick together guardians.there's 2 that you really have to watch out for, and make sure you heavy heavy and supers ready in case you need to kill 1 or 2 gorgons

11.) jumping puzzle. great time to take a piss break if you need it. Doing the spiral is the safest way across. go one at a time. be careful of the ledge. he is the true enemy.

12.) gatekeepers - 1 portal at a time 3 in the 1st to help out but 1 leaves before the gatekeeper is down. usually it's left portal first.

13.) after first team is back with the 1st relic, relic holder and assistant take 2nd portal, while someone goes mid.

14.) relic super and a couple IB or Gjallarhorn shots will take out the 2nd gatekeeper. 2nd relic must leave last. dont forget to cleanse.

15.) after 2nd relic is retrieved, everyone go mid. call out if you need help with praetorians.

NO ONE TELEPORTED:
This is fine, kill supplicants and damage Atheon it is possible to kill him without times vengeance. just damage damage damage

1 PERSON TELEPORTED:
that person needs to grab the relic and get out ASAP. so the outside team better open up the portals. Call out the portals too. Jungle/Venus/Green/Right Desert/Mars/Orange/Left, if you don't get teleported but know where to look on radar call it out. anyways once relic is out make sure you cleanse and kill supplicants. Damage Atheon.

2 PEOPLE TELEPORTED:
Close but not quite. Safe strategy is to just hightail it out of there with the relic, but a 3rd person can go in and help. HUnters are best here if they have golden gun.

3 PEOPLE TELEPORTED:
Yay! now don't get sniped by the Hobs, or get beaten down by the minotaur. if you are jungle/green/venus/right/Future. grenade/rocket the minotaur/adds to help the relic holder.
If you are Desert/Orange/Mars/Left/Past use a suppression grenade or rockets that will one shot the hobs. or dont do anything and relic hold takes them all out. this side is easiest but can get really unlucky if the hobs all shoot the relic holder at the same time.

But if you come back alive you now have Times vengeance and can go kick Atheon in his Time bending balls to death. Gjallar back now,

For what it's like to run the hardest part of flawless, watch this video of my success:
Flawless Raid
Great tips! I need to try that some day. One tip for whomever solo's middle during Gatekeepers: stand all the way back behind where the Minotaurs will spawn. A full clip of AE with Field Scout will usually kill a Minotaur. Void grenades are good for when two are alive at the same time. Keep moving and you should be ok. I always solo it on Normal and Hard and haven't had many issues. Only occasionally need heavy ammo if I don't kill one before the other spawns.

Did anyone ever write up a set of "advice" for how to attempt a flawless Raider run?

No, but I could try to work on this sometime today maybe. There are a ton of details, but people also just need to be extremely knowledgeable about the raid. For example, having 3 people on each sync plate when Atheon teleports is the most important part of flawless Atheon. If people don't understand why, then they don't understand the fight well enough.

My weekly wish list: Raid Patch

lol, I'd have higher hopes for DLC exotics to drop in the Nightfall than this. Prove me wrong Bungie!

Shito

Step 1. Just hold down the trigger and watch the bullets fly
Step 2. Applies DoT that gets more and more damaging the more bullets hit the target
Step 3. No reloading. Ever.
Step 4. Provides a constant, recharging Overshield
Step 5. Immunity to fall damage
Step 6: Unlimited Jetpack
Step 7: OHKO Atheon

Any Xbox one players trying to do nightfall tonight? Normally try to solo but hate making one mistake and starting over.

Also may want to do the raid tomorrow night if possible.

Lvl 30 Titan, gt is misterthirsty

I will be on tonight to do nightfall/raids. What time are you looking at?

GT: toejam2501 Lvl 30 warlock, ill add you.

Also, people that run PlanetDestiny said that Hunger of Crota (raid RL) has clusters and tracking, anyone else see this? Essential makes this a legendary ghorn.

So after I managed to hit Rank 4 Iron Banner on Saturday, I spent most of Sunday and Monday farming for Helium. I needed like 208 helium...

Anyway, so I had the IB Gloves and Boot, and I have all 3 Hunter exotic helms maxed out, now I had the Gloves and Boots maxed out, only thing left was the chest. So I jumped into a Hard Raid this morning on my hunter and got the following:

First Chest:
Shards
Oracles:
Energy
Templar:
2 Snipers
Gorgon Chest:
Hunter Cloak
Gatekeeper:
Chest piece
Aetheon:
Epilogue and Ship

All in all, a pretty crappy run, but hey, I got what I came for. That chest was also the very first piece of Raid gear my Hunter has ever seen. I now have what I need to hit 30 on this character. Which just leaves the Chest or Helmet for my Warlock.

Deku Tree

9.) After oracles, take a breather, head down spirit bloom chest path. be careful you can still die, so don't pull a fig.

10.) gorgons. stick together guardians.there's 2 that you really have to watch out for, and make sure you heavy heavy and supers ready in case you need to kill 1 or 2 gorgons

NO ONE TELEPORTED:

1 PERSON TELEPORTED:

2 PEOPLE TELEPORTED:

3 PEOPLE TELEPORTED:

Flawless Raid

Great tips! I need to try that some day. One tip for whomever solo's middle during Gatekeepers: stand all the way back behind where the Minotaurs will spawn. A full clip of AE with Field Scout will usually kill a Minotaur. Void grenades are good for when two are alive at the same time. Keep moving and you should be ok. I always solo it on Normal and Hard and haven't had many issues. Only occasionally need heavy ammo if I don't kill one before the other spawns.

No, but I could try to work on this sometime today maybe. There are a ton of details, but people also just need to be extremely knowledgeable about the raid. For example, having 3 people on each sync plate when Atheon teleports is the most important part of flawless Atheon. If people don't understand why, then they don't understand the fight well enough.

lol, I'd have higher hopes for DLC exotics to drop in the Nightfall than this. Prove me wrong Bungie!

Wow! Thanks so much LordofPwn, ocean and Boguester. I'd be really happy to read any additional tips that you or others have about doing a Flawless run! I'd like to try to get it done (and maybe the guardian lord too) if possible before the DLC drops.

GhaleonEB

Ran the daily this morning and was reminded what a poor mission it was. Scan two boxes in close proximity, then scan a column of light and fight five waves of Vex. Cue another maddening, unskipable cinematic ("I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain....") and that's the end.

It's a poor introduction to Venus, to the Vex and at a potentially key moment in the story it punts (AGAIN). The Dark Below needs to be a huge improvement over this kind of stuff.

Rank 26 reward!

These stingy assholes from Dead Orbit have got until the new raid to give me one of their shaders (if superblack is indeed the new raid shader)
Then I can finally take off their shitty excuse for a cloak.

That is infuriating. I always get the same bullshit reward. I had all three characters representing those Emo assholes at dead orbit and i would get things like one ascendant shard or one strange coin. Fuck that

Summoning pits. Shortest strike measured by speed run times. Void Burn. I'll bring Athens Epilogue, Void Light beware, Void Raid Sniper, Truth, Corrective Measure.

More Details: http://planetdestiny.com/daily-guide/

Awesome! This daily guide link is amazing, thanks for that!

I will bring Atheon's Epilogue, Corrective Measures and Pradeth's Revenge.

I had a Perun's Fire rolled to void, but I kept re-rolling for Solar and the perks I wanted so it is useful for The Dark Below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom