• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenden

Banned
That trailer made me embarrassed to play Destiny.

And it feels desperate. It reeks of it. Are DB sales/pass sales totally off a cliff bad?

...nevermind, I'm done playing this game forever.

It was cool to see some new footage from the DLC content, and to confirm that the new raid won't require Lv30... but that voice over was just embarrassing.

Ran the daily this morning and was reminded what a poor mission it was. Scan two boxes in close proximity, then scan a column of light and fight five waves of Vex. Cue another maddening, unskipable cinematic ("I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain....") and that's the end.

It's a poor introduction to Venus, to the Vex and at a potentially key moment in the story it punts (AGAIN). The Dark Below needs to be a huge improvement over this kind of stuff.

Including the cut scene, it's one of the worst story missions in the game (which is saying something). Especially considering how interesting the Vex can be and how well they could have built things up all the way until VoG unlocked...

Let me put it this way:

I ran my friend who isn't great at shooters through the raid for his first time last weekend. he was a lvl 27 hunter with all blue weapons except a legendary hand cannon that didn't even have the first unlock yet. We had a team of 4 hunters, 1 titan, 1 warlock. me and the titan had done the raid over 20 times, everyone else it was their 2nd or 3rd time doing it. i think there was 1 or 2 29's everyone else was 28 and my friend was 27. i was out for all of the confluxes, because i was goofing off and died on some rocks on way down to templar (i was drinking) and no one could get to me. 1 vet, a noob, and 3 rookies were able to do confluxes first try. no wipes on oracles, hell we even did Templar legit. i think we wiped on gorgons, but no one died on jumping. gatekeeper ran well. and Atheon worked once everyone figured out relic. Overall it took us 1h 55min to clear on normal, and 20 some minutes were us trying to open the vault with 5 people, 1 of which (me) tried setting up the twitch stream. as soon as the 6th joined and i had the stream figured out and working, we were good to go.

TL;DR - Normal is way fun and very accessible as long as you're with someone that knows what they are doing. Being lvl 27 is better than being 26, and i'd recommend being lvl 27 before you do the raid. weapons wise, i say it's best to bring a lvl 20 rare over a new legendary you just bought and have never used before, so buy a legendary and get used to it first. at least 1, primary is ideal.

TLTL;DR - get to 27, play with vets. learn. have fun.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm definitely going to wait until I hit level 27 to try the raid. Hopefully I can find an experienced group to raid with.

Now I'm just trying to figure out the best way to hit level 27. I can hit 27 without buying exotic armor from Xur and can save the coins for an exotic weapon, or I can buy exotic armor and wait a while for the weapon. I guess with buying the armor I could potentially hit 28 sooner which would give me a better chance at Nightfall. The best case scenario would be the exotic engram gives me Hunter armor, which would let me save the coins for a weapon.

Rubenov

Starting a hard raid in about 10 min - add me (PSN: Rubenov25) if you want in.

First come first served; 30s or very experienced 29s only please.

Edit: Full

Ran hard raid twice. Got shards, raid pieces I already have, and the FATEBRINGER! Finally. Been waiting for this baby forever.

Thank God for the Iron Banner, because VoG is still being stingy as hell with those raid gloves.

Zakalwe

Banned
No, but I could try to work on this sometime today maybe. There are a ton of details, but people also just need to be extremely knowledgeable about the raid. For example, having 3 people on each sync plate when Atheon teleports is the most important part of flawless Atheon. If people don't understand why, then they don't understand the fight well enough.

lol, I'd have higher hopes for DLC exotics to drop in the Nightfall than this. Prove me wrong Bungie!

I wrote one up a while ago. Either last OT or start of this. It wasn't massively in depth but it covered all the strats we figured out for the glitches and general advice. Would definitely be good to write a detailed one for every part of the raid.

Daemul

2d46a_ORIG-Sisko_groan.gif

Wow! Thanks so much LordofPwn, ocean and Boguester. I'd be really happy to read any additional tips that you or others have about doing a Flawless run! I'd like to try to get it done (and maybe the guardian lord too) if possible before the DLC drops.

If I remember correctly k1t4j, Rodiard, El_Cuco, you and me expressed interest in a flawless run (Boguester als offered his help). What do you guys think about giving it a go on Saturday at 17:00GMT+1?

The material requirements to level up equipment and armor is such a drag in this game. I made a new hunter and leveled him up on pure Crucible, equip all the legendary items and exotic pieces i've saved up and go to level them up, nope, need bunch of sapphire wire to even do that. :(

Run tiger playlist. It'll give you lots of trash you can dismantle into sapphire wire.

TP-DK

If I remember correctly k1t4j, Rodiard, El_Cuco, you and me expressed interest in a flawless run (Boguester als offered his help). What do you guys think about giving it a go on Saturday at 17:00GMT+1?

If you need a player for it, I'm up for it. Played through the raid many times without dying myself.

Same here, I'm addicted....

You actually have a few more hours than that if you check the Bungie API, but I'm not sure why the bungie.net profile page shows less.

and mine:

Holy shit!!! A few more???

477 hours is almost 20 days! I am 10 days away from a full month spent in the world of Destiny. Eeeeep. Don't let my wife find out!

realcZk

Holy shit!!! A few more???

477 hours is almost 20 days! I am 10 days away from a full month spent in the world of Destiny. Eeeeep. Don't let my wife find out!

I think that somehow the API includes idle time and the profile page filters it out somehow...

But I'm not sure, maybe we really spent about 20 days each.... hard to tell :D

Rank 26 reward!

These stingy assholes from Dead Orbit have got until the new raid to give me one of their shaders (if superblack is indeed the new raid shader)
Then I can finally take off their shitty excuse for a cloak.

That is infuriating. I always get the same bullshit reward. I had all three characters representing those Emo assholes at dead orbit and i would get things like one ascendant shard or one strange coin. Fuck that

Dead orbit has been good to me. Its those new monarchy fellows who have been giving me a raw deal. Twice in a row they have given me energy and the class item you already have to build rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom