• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, does anyone know if DLC is multi platform? I'm on PS3 but I'll probably pick up a PS4 after Christmas. But I don't want to wait to buy the expansion...

spyder_ur

Just quoting this for a new page. Would really appreciate the advice.

Level 27 is a good spot to aim for and have some upgraded legendaries/exotics. Then you should be fine - at this point once you find a group it's likely there will be 28s/29s with you.

If possible, try to join Hawkian's newbie raids (assuming he's still doing them). They're a ton of fun and he's a great tutor. I had actually done the raid 3-4 times before that and still learned alot. He posts them here at some point.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Hard raid cleared in like 45 minutes and only 1 guy had a GHorn. Atheon went down in 2 waves. It's amazing how efficient we are getting at clearing this raid. Good job all.

Steroyd

RNGesus you son of a bitch, rank up my Cryptarch, get a legendary engram from the post master legendary engram turns into an exotic, my dick goes hard for 0.05 seconds until I see it's my 3rd Icebreaker.... at least I won't have to switch that between my alts now.

Seriously wtf is with today, 2 hard lights and a Thunderlord, I want a Hawkmoon because that's the one Xur isn't going to sell as well as Vex Mythoclast
my reverse psychology has been on fire today.

ocean

Banned
Level 27 is a good spot to aim for and have some upgraded legendaries/exotics. Then you should be fine - at this point once you find a group it's likely there will be 28s/29s with you.

If possible, try to join Hawkian's newbie raids (assuming he's still doing them). They're a ton of fun and he's a great tutor. I had actually done the raid 3-4 times before that and still learned alot. He posts them here at some point.

Hawk's newb runs are a blast. If he is still doing them it's the best way to learn!

I am bored and want to do something Destiny related in a Visual Studio project, maybe a small web app, just for practice. Does anyone have any links to the Bungie.net API or any other documentation on how people made custom websites like destinydb.com or destinystatus.com? I can't seem to find anything official on Bungie's site.

realcZk

Sometimes the "cheeses" are just an alternative strategy, imo. Sometimes they're just as challenging as the "normal" way but are just far more efficient.

For example, when people find different ways to "cheese" enemies in certain locations like under the platforms or on a ledge, I think that's a perfectly acceptable method. You're still avoiding getting killed and still taking time to kill the enemies. The only difference is that you're not forced to run around where Bungie wants you to run.

Whenever Bungie closes up a cheese location, they're just making the game more and more linear. I mean, why skip through mobs during story missions/strikes either cuz you're not stopping and killing every enemy along the way. Is that also the wrong way to play the game?

I think players should be given the flexibility to kill the enemies however they want even if it takes advantage of the dumb AI. Going through the same exact way of playing every time becomes monotonous and doesn't allow players to actually have fun and experiment with enemy encounters.

True story, well worded. the key is to keep switching it up if you get bored. sometimes i feel like min/maxing and cheese strategies are usually way more efficient, so that's what I do. Other times I just feel like blasting aliens so I'll kill everything in the room. It's just like real life... sometimes Hawkian uses proper punctuation on gaf and other times he speaks all lower-case...

Hard raid cleared in like 45 minutes and only 1 guy had a GHorn. Atheon went down in 2 waves. It's amazing how efficient we are getting at clearing this raid. Good job all.

Won't it be nice with Dark Below... No youtube videos or any practice, going in there like virgins to the slaughterhouse.

I cannot wait.

Mind you I like VoG but new raids and going in blind are fun in their own way.

Oh shit! Just checked the postmaster after that last raid and have Atheon's epilogue waiting!

That means I finally have all of the raid drops from normal and hard. =D

Officially done until December 9th, haha

Oh shit! Just checked the postmaster after that last raid and have Atheon's epilogue waiting!

That means I finally have all of the raid drops from normal and hard. =D

Officially done until December 9th, haha

Your not done, now you have to carry your friends through and make sure they are equipped like pimps as well.

noomi

I have 2 upcoming hard mode raids tonight, 4 chances at the hawkmoon (chests & atheon)

RNGesus shine upon this day!

ocean

Banned
Got a shadow price from nightfall. This thing any good? Can it go head to head with a Suros if I want to use an exotic special or heavy?

Probably the best Legendary AR if it has good perks. Still no Suros, but not taking up an Exotic slot makes it a must-have if you're a big auto rifle guy.

I really notice how all random players I match up with are getting better at the raid every week.
3 weeks ago we did a smooth hard run with six 29's, week after that in about 90 minutes and today nearly flawless in just over an hour.

Does the public event tracking site work anymore? I keep getting to areas about 4 minutes before the event is supposed to happen but it never shows up

LordofPwn

Great tips! I need to try that some day. One tip for whomever solo's middle during Gatekeepers: stand all the way back behind where the Minotaurs will spawn. A full clip of AE with Field Scout will usually kill a Minotaur. Void grenades are good for when two are alive at the same time. Keep moving and you should be ok. I always solo it on Normal and Hard and haven't had many issues. Only occasionally need heavy ammo if I don't kill one before the other spawns.
Happy to help

Wow! Thanks so much LordofPwn, ocean and Boguester. I'd be really happy to read any additional tips that you or others have about doing a Flawless run! I'd like to try to get it done (and maybe the guardian lord too) if possible before the DLC drops.
No problem, maybe hawkian can add it to the next OT for those that want to try flawless.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm definitely going to wait until I hit level 27 to try the raid. Hopefully I can find an experienced group to raid with.

Now I'm just trying to figure out the best way to hit level 27. I can hit 27 without buying exotic armor from Xur and can save the coins for an exotic weapon, or I can buy exotic armor and wait a while for the weapon. I guess with buying the armor I could potentially hit 28 sooner which would give me a better chance at Nightfall. The best case scenario would be the exotic engram gives me Hunter armor, which would let me save the coins for a weapon.
Farm them motes of light.

Sometimes the "cheeses" are just an alternative strategy, imo. Sometimes they're just as challenging as the "normal" way but are just far more efficient.

For example, when people find different ways to "cheese" enemies in certain locations like under the platforms or on a ledge, I think that's a perfectly acceptable method. You're still avoiding getting killed and still taking time to kill the enemies. The only difference is that you're not forced to run around where Bungie wants you to run.

Whenever Bungie closes up a cheese location, they're just making the game more and more linear. I mean, why skip through mobs during story missions/strikes either cuz you're not stopping and killing every enemy along the way. Is that also the wrong way to play the game?

I think players should be given the flexibility to kill the enemies however they want even if it takes advantage of the dumb AI. Going through the same exact way of playing every time becomes monotonous and doesn't allow players to actually have fun and experiment with enemy encounters.
I say, if you outsmart the game, you should be rewarded. using the level to your advantage seems like a valid tactic that any battlefield commander would take advantage of in real life. There should be an inherent challenge with many solutions to it.

Just quoting this for a new page. Would really appreciate the advice.

I'd shoot for 27. At 26 you'll die extra fast and it will just be frustrating. Grab the Shadow Price and make sure you have at least a void fusion rifle or void heavy weapon.

Other then that, read some strats online so you're at least familiar with what to expect and enjoy. Its a great time with a patient group.

i have swarms for days. if swarms were edible, i could feed the entire planet. last week i did nightfall on all three characters, got 2 swarms and some energy. The week before I got 2 swarms and some shards. every legendary heavy weapon engram I decode? swarm. blue heavy engram? garbage right? WORSE. SWARM.

scared to do it again tonight....
I have a fully leveled solar Swarm and a nearly-leveled arc Zombie Apocalypse (both great guns). 2 arc Swarms have dropped for me in the last 2 days at the Cryptarch, and I kinda expect another one the next time I meet up with Rahool.

Namikaze1

I came out of Destiny retirement this morning just to do Nightfall. I may do a hard raid run later since I got the Oracles checkpoint (thanks, Death!)

Till then, back to Dragon Age I go. Got dragons to kill. Fucking dragons...

LiK

Happy to help

No problem, maybe hawkian can add it to the next OT for those that want to try flawless.

Farm them motes of light.

I say, if you outsmart the game, you should be rewarded. using the level to your advantage seems like a valid tactic that any battlefield commander would take advantage of in real life. There should be an inherent challenge with many solutions to it.

Yup, and instead of putting in invisible "TURN BACK" barriers, they should make the enemies smarter against players who want to "cheese". Make the bosses actually attack them or maybe have enemies try to flank guys in there. I'm not sure how much they can mess around with the AI but if enemies aren't smart enough to take out guys in a location, the players should be allowed to use their methods.

realcZk

I have a fully leveled solar Swarm and a nearly-leveled arc Zombie Apocalypse (both great guns). 2 arc Swarms have dropped for me in the last 2 days at the Cryptarch, and I kinda expect another one the next time I meet up with Rahool.

I mean hey, don't get me wrong, the swarm is a good MG in it's own right, but I've gotten so many it's depressing. It's like being given a lot of free food and having no room in the fridge... discarding is never a fun thing to do.

LiK

I mean hey, don't get me wrong, the swarm is a good MG in it's own right, but I've gotten so many it's depressing. It's like having a lot of food and no room in the fridge... discarding is never a fun thing to do.
Wish we could reroll dupes. Cmon Bungie.

realcZk

On our run this morning I never even USED the Gjallahorn...

woah there! unofficial destiny law demands that users lucky enough to own said ballerhorn must use and abuse the ballerhorn every second they get in the vault of glass, to make it rain morale and praetorian tears for those less fortunate members of the fireteam!

Dave_6

Does the public event tracking site work anymore? I keep getting to areas about 4 minutes before the event is supposed to happen but it never shows up

Seems to be now. I used it last night for the devil walker in the cosmodrome and it was right on time.

I mean hey, don't get me wrong, the swarm is a good MG in it's own right, but I've gotten so many it's depressing. It's like being given a lot of free food and having no room in the fridge... discarding is never a fun thing to do.
That's a pretty spot-on analogy.

Wish we could reroll dupes. Cmon Bungie.
If Iron Banner could do it, seems like it could be done with another vendor. I'd like to, at the very least, change up elemental damage on duplicate weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom