• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
Finally got the Titan arms and chest. Now I can do the raid at my leisure...

ZbAgN1Z.png

Two weeks until DLC and still no Trials of Osiris. Looks it will be a DLC event. Wonder why the Fate of all Fools is 300 damage if DLC weapons go to 331.

ocean

Banned
Thursdays at 8:15PM EST. This one is Thanksgiving! I'm rescheduling it til 9PM to give some more people a chance to make it after their festivities (I'll be just finishing up family dinner at 8 myself). Typically, I post the signups (along with info about the other weekly stuff I do) on Wednesday mornings. But if you can make it this week, I'll give you a spot now :) If not, stay tuned for future runs!
If you don't have a full team of new guys I'd be down to join. Still gotta learn how to use that relic :p

LiK

Suros is insanely good. It get's a lot of flak because people say it doesn't take much "skill" to use the gun. That's partially true, its a very forgiving weapon in unskilled hands. You need to be extremely careful when it's in the hands of a skilled player, because it's a beast. Chaining together triple, even quad kills with the Suros is pretty damn easy with 100% stability if you have the aiming down. Shots for days. And that AR nerf that bungie did a while ago because ARs "were too effective at range" did practially nothing to Suros' effectiveness at high range.

Yup, and if Bungie decides to nerf it again, I have Scout Rifles and HCs to switch to.

realcZk

Yup, and if Bungie decides to nerf it again, I had Scout Rifles and HCs to switch to.

TDYK has been my go-to for PVP for a while now since IB started and Thorn was nerfed. 3HKO on headshots from even long range and the range is crazy good with Send it. I've out-sniped snipers with the thing. Thorn would be my ideal choice for ranged maps still. I still like Suros a lot and I should use it more than I do, its a great piece of kit, good for short, medium and long range situations. TDYK gets a bit rough when they're right up in your face.

If you don't have a full team of new guys I'd be down to join. Still gotta learn how to use that relic :p

Every time my group does the raid there is always one person that has never done the relic. They are told to leave it the hell alone, without fail they get teleported and pick it up immediately. Its like the game knows you have never touched it and somehow puts you in a situation to get it no matter what.

Fun times had by all.

Only complaint I have about it is that at least one wipe is imminent but that's ok.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damn, I am half tempted to rush out get a freaking PS4 and be raid ready just for this one particular run. Drunken TurkeyGaf raid for the win.

Next time a massive game like Destiny comes out I will have to ask myself... What would Hawkian get it on... then do that. I am missing out on all the fun.
Hahaha. It's gonna be PC if possible, PS4 if not. Getting a Wii U in the not too distant future, but it's not likely I'll be getting an Xbone :(

LiK

TDYK has been my go-to for PVP for a while now since IB started and Thorn was nerfed. 3HKO on headshots from even long range and the range is crazy good with Send it. I've out-sniped snipers with the thing. Thorn would be my ideal choice for ranged maps still. I still like Suros a lot and I should use it more than I do, its a great piece of kit, good for short, medium and long range situations. TDYK gets a bit rough when they're right up in your face.

I hope to obtain Thorn tonight. Jin better be ready!

One day Hawkbro, one day, I will be able to bring my Titan instead of Lock if you guys so choose and I can spread that weapons of light for us to really crap on Aetheon and Templar...and whatever fools dare challenge us in Crota's End! I just got him to 15 last night. My baby Titan is now ready to siege Mars! Also the Venus strikes but might do Mars missions first. Soon he'll be a grown man, soon! I have all kinds of goodies for you in the vault on that glorious day my young Titan, we'll pretend it's your Bar Mitzvah when you hit 20!

Hoodbury

But there was no 4th player to get the quad kill on :[

Fair point, you had 7 and 11 bullets left in those gifs so I suppose that could have been a 4th kill if there was one around. Although it does fire faster than suros so that 4th person would have had to been right in line with that third kill. :p

flkraven

Thursdays at 8:15PM EST. This one is Thanksgiving! I'm rescheduling it til 9PM to give some more people a chance to make it after their festivities (I'll be just finishing up family dinner at 8 myself). Typically, I post the signups (along with info about the other weekly stuff I do) on Wednesday mornings. But if you can make it this week, I'll give you a spot now :) If not, stay tuned for future runs!

I doubt I'll be able to get to 27 by Thursday, so probably next week. After what I read, I really want to play my first raid with you!

Starting Hard Raid in 30 minutes. At Oracle checkpoint. Looking for completion. If you want in, post. PSN: Lazykarl24

1. Me (Level 30 hunter)

Haters gonna hate. Suros is a great gun. I can't wait for Vex to get buffed again so people can go back to hating that gun more.
Shit, I love suros for when I just wanna turn my brain off and aim in a direction and get kills. The gun is some simpleton shit....I love it.

Though hawkmoon is now my gun of choice when I decide I want to put some thought into my playing.

Setting up a fresh normal raid (PS4) at 4:00 PM CST (16:00) tonight. Have two so far:

1. Level 30 Warlock Sunsinger
2. Level 30 Hunter Gunslinger
3. Open
4. Open
5. Open
6. Open

My PSN: ShinigamiFrost

I should be on around 3:30 to start setting up. Just toss me a friend request and I'll add you. You can quote the list and add yourself if you want. ;)

The true most difficult part of getting Flawless is finding a team. I should have had that shiz a month or so ago but doesn't seem like anyone does it these days. At this point I'm wondering if I should just wait for the new Raid, maybe people will feel more inclined if there aren't a bunch of glitches in that one and there might not be a jumping puzzle or Gorgon-esque zone for people to trip up.

LiK

Shit, I love suros for when I just wanna turn my brain off and aim in a direction and get kills. The gun is some simpleton shit....I love it.

Though hawkmoon is now my gun of choice when I decide I want to put some thought into my playing.

I would like a Hawkmoon. RNGesus won't bless me with it.

Strider

So are all of you done with crucible now that IB is over... or shall we get together a team for tonight? :D

IB was nice because it was much easier to find a team to play with, usually everyone just looks for groups to raid :(

LiK

So are all of you done with crucible now that IB is over... or shall we get together a team for tonight? :D

IB was nice because it was much easier to find a team to play with, usually everyone just looks for groups to raid :(

Once I get my Thorn I might jump in for old times.

hydruxo

I'm always down for some crucible, but I doubt I'll be playing it for more than an hour at a time haha

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Setting up a fresh normal raid (PS4) at 4:00 PM CST (16:00) tonight. Have two so far:

1. Level 30 Warlock Sunsinger
2. Level 30 Hunter Gunslinger
3. Open
4. Open
5. Open
6. Open

My PSN: ShinigamiFrost

I should be on around 3:30 to start setting up. Just toss me a friend request and I'll add you. You can quote the list and add yourself if you want. ;)

What time is that in Eastern? 5?

I'm in. 29 Titan. No mic but that's okay. Kadey1up is my PSN.

Anybody up for Nightfall right now? It should be quick with my void weapons.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
One day Hawkbro, one day, I will be able to bring my Titan instead of Lock if you guys so choose and I can spread that weapons of light for us to really crap on Aetheon and Templar...and whatever fools dare challenge us in Crota's End! I just got him to 15 last night. My baby Titan is now ready to siege Mars! Also the Venus strikes but might do Mars missions first. Soon he'll be a grown man, soon! I have all kinds of goodies for you in the vault on that glorious day my young Titan, we'll pretend it's your Bar Mitzvah when you hit 20!
Amen. Mine is 16. Having that "oh what class do we need?" capability for our group is gonna be sooo good.
I doubt I'll be able to get to 27 by Thursday, so probably next week. After what I read, I really want to play my first raid with you!
Oh you don't have to be 27! Who told you you had to be 27? I hope I didn't say you had to be 27.

It'll be harder for you toward the end when there are level 28 enemies, but perfectly doable. Think you can make it?
Sweet. let me know if you ever want to try a flawless run, or 3. Happy to help.
Thank you. Maybe... maybe one day. I just don't know if my nerves can take it. Sometimes I fall off things.

LordofPwn

Amen. Mine is 16. Having that "oh what class do we need?" capability for our group is gonna be sooo good.

Oh you don't have to be 27! Who told you you had to be 27? I hope I didn't say you had to be 27.

It'll be harder for you toward the end when there are level 28 enemies, but perfectly doable. Think you can make it?

Thank you. Maybe... maybe one day. I just don't know if my nerves can take it. Sometimes I fall off things.

That's fair but you can't be any worse than me. 3 times in a row i died on jumping puzzle before actually doing flawless.

flkraven

I just like to be as helpful as possibe :). Most recommended 27. Regardless, I think next Thursday would be best for me. I hope there is still a spot for me!

I got 5 coins out of my first Nightfall. My two teammates got exotics.

Welcome to the club, bro. It's best to just accept it and then on the very rare occasion where your luck changes and you get something worthwhile it'll be that much better....and then Xur will sell whatever weapon you get that very same weekend.

Hoodbury

I do the weekly, nightfall, and the raid but otherwise besides those all I do is crucible and yet I still suck at it :/

Frenden

Banned
Welcome to the club, bro. It's best to just accept it and then on the very rare occasion where your luck changes and you get something worthwhile it'll be that much better....and then Xur will sell whatever weapon you get that very same weekend.

You nailed it. A few nightfalls back I got Icebreaker. The next day, Xur sold it, haha.

Second nightfall of the day, Alpha Lupi for my Hunter. Last Hunter armor I needed. Better!

flkraven

Oh no...I just realized. You are probably PS4, right :(?

spyder_ur

Every time my group does the raid there is always one person that has never done the relic. They are told to leave it the hell alone, without fail they get teleported and pick it up immediately. Its like the game knows you have never touched it and somehow puts you in a situation to get it no matter what.

Fun times had by all.

Only complaint I have about it is that at least one wipe is imminent but that's ok.

Honestly it sounds weird but the wipes (sometimes very funny circumstances) are one of my favorite things about the raid. I have no desire to try flawless at all, though I can appreciate those that do. I am an absolutely wreck during the jump puzzle still.

Mupod

I do the weekly, nightfall, and the raid but otherwise besides those all I do is crucible and yet I still suck at it :/

I know that feel

if this game was on PC it might be a different story though. I just don't have the console FPS background that a lot of people do, especially not with a PS controller. Halo Reach is the only other time I've ever played a console FPS online for more than a couple matches.

I do think IB made me a bit better. Kind of had no choice seeing as playing in there as a 27 with unleveled weapons was basically like going up against people with 50% extra health and infinite heavy ammo. I did regular crucible last night and my K/D was generally quite good despite fuck-awful teammates.

Tonight and tomorrow I'll be doing the weekly/nightfall/raid but I generally just crucible all the time. I'm usually down to group up for it - IB was lots of fun since there was always a gaf group running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom