• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

I wanna join a normal raid with my Warlock alt. she seems to be luckier with RNGesus than my Titan. Lemme know after I finish Thorn.

spyder_ur

What class are you?

I have a Warlock and a Titan. I'm just not good at it. I usually get to that second or third pillar and Boost/Glide down from there, making it maybe half the time but with some hilarious deaths. Strangely, it's almost getting worse. My first time through I made it on maybe my second or third try, only to get bumped off by the annoying thing that juts out of the ledge. Last raid last week it took me many, many tries.

Navy Bean

He had one last week I know. I'm usually a glass or two of bourbon deep by the end of a raid.

Oh yeah, on the weekends I've been pretty drunk by the end of my raids. Luckily, you don't really have to aim very well on gatekeepers or atheon. If I'm ever too drunk to hit an oracle then I know it's time for bed lol.

Amen. Mine is 16. Having that "oh what class do we need?" capability for our group is gonna be sooo good.

Oh, I caught up! We should totally Titan it up together in Story Missions and strikes. It will indeed be nice to have multiple characters to utilize in the future. We won't have to go Titan-less any longer and we'll be able to exploit whatever elemental weakness we need to. It would be hilarious if everyone had a Hunter and swapped characters when we got to Gorgon and just stealth-ed past it.

spyder_ur

Oh yeah, on the weekends I've been pretty drunk by the end of my raids. Luckily, you don't really have to aim very well on gatekeepers or atheon. If I'm ever too drunk to hit an oracle then I know it's time for bed lol.

It's the end of day Tuesday before Thanksgiving...it's basically a weekend for me now.

E92 M3

Reading this series of threads quite a bit has just made me feel bad for XB1/last gen Destiny players.

Worst part of being on XB1 is that the majority (have a good group on Bnet) of people here are on PS4 and I can't join in on the festivities. Wish I could play on both consoles with one account.

I'm on Xbox :(. Well, here's hoping I find a Hawkian equivalent over here.

What's your GT?

Hoodbury

I know that feel

if this game was on PC it might be a different story though. I just don't have the console FPS background that a lot of people do, especially not with a PS controller. Halo Reach is the only other time I've ever played a console FPS online for more than a couple matches.

I do think IB made me a bit better. Kind of had no choice seeing as playing in there as a 27 with unleveled weapons was basically like going up against people with 50% extra health and infinite heavy ammo. I did regular crucible last night and my K/D was generally quite good despite fuck-awful teammates.

Tonight and tomorrow I'll be doing the weekly/nightfall/raid but I generally just crucible all the time. I'm usually down to group up for it - IB was lots of fun since there was always a gaf group running.
Ya, I come from a Nintendo only console gaming background and PC. This is actually the first time I've ever used dual analog controls believe it or not(got my PS4 in March). I really do miss my wiimote when it comes to shooters. I know people love to hate on the Wii and the Wii-U, but man did I love playing CoD with a wiimote. It was so natural coming from the PC. I still sometimes press the wrong buttons in this game, heh.

spyder_ur

Reading this series of threads quite a bit has just made me feel bad for XB1/last gen Destiny players.

Seriously I got my PS4 maybe 3 weeks ago, was playing on my PS3 and got all the way to 28 playing with noone. If I hadn't gotten the PS4, I probably wouldn't be playing Destiny anymore.

matmanx1

It's totally doable with a group, maybe I can convince some to do it too. Atheon's Epilogue, 77 Wizard and Truth (maybe i'll put in an upgrade or two) will tear the boss apart. I expect Phogoth will sneak a couple kills but because you'll all be close you'll res each other quickly (extra points for Light Beyond Nemeis or Crest of Alpha Lupi).

A Destiny OT has never survived for more than two Xur visits.

I don't have quite your bounty of weapons but I will be taking in my TDYK and maxed Unfriendly Giant (void version). I don't have great options for void secondary weapons yet (a couple of lvl 20 blues - sniper, shotgun and FR) so will probably put my Arc comedian in that slot just for the shielded Knights.

My buddies have good void secondary options (one of them has 77 Wizard and the other has a void Epitaph) so between us we should be in good shape.

I'll have to check my buddies schedules but I would definitely like to get in on one of your raids, Hawkian. We're good players and old hats at fps games and MMO's but just haven't done the raid yet due to not knowing many other folks.

I have a Warlock and a Titan. I'm just not good at it. I usually get to that second or third pillar and Boost down from there, making it maybe half the time but with some hilarious deaths. Strangely, it's almost getting worse. My first time through I made it on maybe my second or third try, only to get bumped off by the annoying thing that juts out of the ledge. Last raid last week it took me many, many tries.

Gotcha. I don't know if you've tried this or not but as soon as you get out to the cliff where the puzzle starts, look to your right and there are two lower cliffs you can jump over to. From the furthest/lowest one you can actually just jump to one of the platforms that appears right in front of it and then jump to the wall from there.

I get it every time on the first try doing that.

spyder_ur

Gotcha. I don't know if you've tried this or not but as soon as you get out to the cliff where the puzzle starts, look to your right and there are two lower cliffs you can jump over to. From the furthest/lowest one you can actually just jump to one of the platforms that appears right in front of it and then jump to the wall from there.

I get it every time on the first try doing that.

Yeah I might check that out. I've seen people head that way.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'll have to check my buddies schedules but I would definitely like to get in on one of your raids, Hawkian. We're good players and old hats at fps games and MMO's but just haven't done the raid yet due to not knowing many other folks.
hope you can make it sometime!

Mupod

I have a Warlock and a Titan. I'm just not good at it. I usually get to that second or third pillar and Boost/Glide down from there, making it maybe half the time but with some hilarious deaths. Strangely, it's almost getting worse. My first time through I made it on maybe my second or third try, only to get bumped off by the annoying thing that juts out of the ledge. Last raid last week it took me many, many tries.

I made it past the jumping part on my first try (and every try afterwards). But I kept dying to that stupid ledge until I switched out for a different glide.

Navy Bean

Worst part of being on XB1 is that the majority (have a good group on Bnet) of people here are on PS4 and I can't join in on the festivities. Wish I could play on both consoles with one account.

What's your GT?

Might try to raid tonight - we usually have a good group but are always looking for a few. GT is dmh33. Feel free to add me or message if you see me online.

I completely understand, if your looking for someone at odd times look me up.

What's your GT?

Take mine as well, CthulhuSars. There might just be enough XboxOne players to make a complete raid team here on GAF.

zewone

Used the Truth to kill Phogoth in Nightfall. Received another Truth. LOL. Dammit. I want shards.
You want the Truth?

TnMdYhE.gif

Drain You

For those lacking people to play with on Xbox 1 add me. I do the regular raid around 5 times a week and hard usually twice. I try and help people do the nightfalls as much as I can as well.

GT: If you must

For those lacking people to play with on Xbox 1 add me. I do the regular raid around 5 times a week and hard usually twice. I try and help people do the nightfalls as much as I can as well.

GT: If you must

Let me know if you're willing to carry a level 25 titan through the nightfall this evening! Would be much appreciated.

We've woken the Xbox players!
I play on both systems :)

Just sucks that I can't share gear between characters.

realcZk

We've woken the Xbox players!

Whether we wanted it or not, We've stepped into a war with the gamers on xbox one. So let's get to removing their exotics and strikes, one by one. Major Nelson. From what I gather, he commands the marketing department from an imperial land tank outside redmond. He's well protected, but with the Hawkmoon we can punch through those defenses, take this beast out, and break their griphold on gaf gamers.

I need to remove the soundtrack to this game somehow, I feel like it would be improved tremendously by my giant library of seventies and eighties classics. I really want this game to be guardians of the galaxy instead of serious mcseriouspants.

I need to remove the soundtrack to this game somehow, I feel like it would be improved tremendously by my giant library of seventies and eighties classics. I really want this game to be guardians of the galaxy instead of serious mcseriouspants.

Same here. I wish we could disable the crucible announcer and crucible music queues. I have a specific playlist I use when playing online shooters and just can't use it for Destiny because of the lack of audio options :(

Deku Tree

If you need a player for it, I'm up for it. Played through the raid many times without dying myself.

If I remember correctly k1t4j, Rodiard, El_Cuco, you and me expressed interest in a flawless run (Boguester als offered his help). What do you guys think about giving it a go on Saturday at 17:00GMT+1?

I just got back on the internet I didn't read all the pages yet.

I generally can't do 12pm EST (the time you quoted) on a Saturday because I have a small child. This particular Saturday is totally out at that time because I am away for the holiday.

But I might be able to try starting at 9PM EST this Saturday. Or I might be able to try on Sunday starting at around 1:15 PM EST for 1-2 hours (not 100% sure if I can do this though), or at 9PM EST for a few more hours. I haven't read through the whole topic yet so I don't know who responded after you on the later pages.

So far I have also heard interest from MADGAME, TP-DK, and the_log_ride in addition to the people you mentioned. So we have interest from more than six people.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Did both weeklies. Only thing of worth was the Truth which I already have, oh well, at least I dismantled it for 5 energy. Now I can max out my BFG.

Anybody looking to do normal raid soon?

Same here. I wish we could disable the crucible announcer and crucible music queues. I have a specific playlist I use when playing online shooters and just can't use it for Destiny because of the lack of audio options :(

Let's start an internet broohaha, #Audiooptionsfordestiny we might need to work on the hashtag though. Also needs a dinkleberry mute function, because what kind of sick perverted darkness corrupted future did this game create by not adding a mute button to the robots.

Nightfall, weekly, and up to Atheon on hard. Not bad for a couple of hours, but so much more to do. I have a path to 30 for each toon, so I may take it easy and just grind xp and mats. Just raiding if I get an invite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom