• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

I think Destiny is the most hated game of 2014 on GAF.
But Destiny is so much fun.
It's my most played game of this decade.
This OT is such a relief from other Destiny topics on GAF.

Stubo

3 nightfalls, 2 hard raids done today.

Haul: Dupes, dupes, dupes, shards, energy, hunter chestpiece (all I needed to hit 30 on my 3rd class)...THE HORN!

Finally!

Xur will sell it this Friday for sure.

Grats! I did the hard raid earlier and also got Praetorian Foil to complete raid weapon collection. I'll probably shard my 77 Wizard with solar and keep this one or just give to another character. Eh, guess I'll log in and level these weapons up a bit.

I'm short Hezen Vengeance is all. Haven't gotten any new Raid weapons for like 3 weeks!

whynotboth.gif

CLBridges

3 nightfalls, 2 hard raids done today.

Haul: Dupes, dupes, dupes, shards, energy, hunter chestpiece (all I needed to hit 30 on my 3rd class)...THE HORN!

Finally!

Xur will sell it this Friday for sure.

Ah yeah, grats! Gjallahorn dropped for me this week and I was ecstatic lol. Leveling it up will take priority over all other weapons until max, so glad I heard Bungie will allow exotics to be upgraded along with new DLC (Hope this is the case tbh).

Deku Tree

I keep wondering what Destiny would have been like if MS had greenlit the project instead of rejecting it... Bungie would still be under the MS umbrella and Destiny would be exclusive to Xbox platform and I would own an X1 instead of a PS4... But would the game be very different?

Suros with focus fire and hammer forged is basically a headshot machine that doesn't recoil at all. Damage gets rather crazy once you're at the latter half of the mag so never reload early.

Suros with FF beats SP hands down. I have both that and an SP with Field Scout and used both extensively. SP just can't touch the damage Suros does, let alone beat it at range and stability. You're likely do get more double downs with Suros.

If 200 hp is correct, both need 8 headshots to kill a player in the crucible. With 100% accuracy SP is able to take the Suros down in a 1v1,
because of the higher rate of fire. I suppose Suros will have the upper hand in most real situations though due to bonus damage and accuracy. I'll start using it more often.

Sorry if it's been discussed already, but is there an issue with bungie.net not displaying the correct stats? I was trying to look up some scores on the crucible leaderboard, but all my totals are zeroed out.

Play with me and you will get it...last 3 raids someone in the group got it...

Haha yeah it's been too long since we've raided Greeny. I'll do 3 hard raids next reset and then maybe retire from VoG. It'll bum me out a bit to not have everything but it's all going to be about that new hotness.

This OT is such a relief from other Destiny topics on GAF

Yeah this OT is where I spend all my Gaf time now. Whenever I wander into an open "Gaming" Destiny thread then I remember that I lot of people hate the game, and I don't care about that, so I come back here.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm so happy.

B3U1BjsIMAAE6DN.jpg:large

I still need to do Xyor too, maybe we can team up tonight? Get another one in there that's on the last part too

Lol. Clearly I am still to rise in the ranks of the Order of the Cheese. Thank you for your teachings, my master.

Seriously though, I was standing up on a ledge to the left there, but there was no cover? Was I standing in the wrong place? If I want further forward I'd enter a killzone. Do you have a screen or vid of this spot?

Unfortunately I'm away from home for 2 weeks so i won't be able to get the info that you need :/

There should be a rock higher up which covers you and lets you snipe down

2 hard raids done with not much but armour and weapons I already have... but going in I knew I wouldn't get anything cool as nightfall already gave me Monte Carlo.

Still I had fun and the 1st run was definitely my fastest hard clear so far.

Thinking about it now all I need is Thunderlord, Plan C and Hawkmoon and ill have collected all non-bounty exotic weapons.

ethomaz

Banned
A lot of things changed...

Icons, animations, control response, etc... the HUD is new for me too.

The dead ghost glitch are fixed too?

Hyun Sai

The constant jabs at Bungie / Destiny in the Halo threads is hilarious and pathetic at the same time...

Anybody still need to do Xyor strike? Just finished 1 of the 2 Thorn bounties I was carrying, took <10 clash matches in horrible rando Crucible. It seemed waaay easier 2nd time around, Corrective Measure + Field Scout...

Thinking about it now all I need is Thunderlord, Plan C and Hawkmoon and ill have collected all non-bounty exotic weapons.

I need gjallarhorn, red death and the vex and I'll have every exotic weapon. The vex especially I should get soon. It's only a matter of time since I've completed the hard raid 21 times and still don't have it. The other two I have no idea. Maybe Xur?

Strider

It's the most hated game on gaf since I've been here that's for sure. The hate is unreal at times.

--

Make it snow in the tower on Christmas Bungie!

If 200 hp is correct, both need 8 headshots to kill a player in the crucible. With 100% accuracy SP is able to take the Suros down in a 1v1,
because of the higher rate of fire. I suppose Suros will have the upper hand in most real situations though due to bonus damage and accuracy. I'll start using it more often.

You're forgetting that suros' bottom half of magazine increases damage and has a chance to regen health

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Man, where did I see that "We'd like to tell you how much Destiny sucks" image? Does anyone remember or have a link to it?

Looks like Lik already did it, but are you still able to help me run this? I got hung up by traffic, but am online now.
Running a little late myself but I'll send you an invite asap

gdt

I'm looking to hard raid probably about 8 to 8:30 est. anyone else interested? If there's a group I'll join in, if not I'll start one.

1.gdt5016 (Lvl 29 Titan)

stb

Man, where did I see that "We'd like to tell you how much Destiny sucks" image? Does anyone remember or have a link to it?

Running a little late myself but I'll send you an invite asap

Do I have time to run a nightfall with someone else? How long do you think you might be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom