• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunlunqq

I'll help out at least once, Pocket Infinity is hungry. I think I have you added but what's your PSN again?

Take a break? I still need to give Shadow of Mordor the playtime it deserves XD
But what about being 30? Or at least get one pirce of raid msin weapon? Or any of thide exotic hand cannins... :'(

Ridli

Upgraded or non upgraded suros for crucible

Late to this reply - but some hearsay evidence. I have a friend that is a strong Bungie multi-player that SWEARS by vanilla Suros for PVP. He says that the Focus Fire perk lowering the rate of fire causes enemies to flinch less often while using ADS. He believes this is big enough of a factor to cause him to win 1v1 battles against those using an upgraded Suros, to the point that he bought a second Suros just to upgrade for PVE while keeping the unupgraded one for PVP.

He gets a kind of crazy look in his eyes when he talks about this topic, so I honestly don't know if he's just imagining things. But I have no Suros of my own to test with.

Anyone want to work on a low level character right now?

Level 15 Warlock

Level 30 Titan and Level 29 Hunter are mains

PS4
Cosmos_Man

Mindlog

I will say this: I hope the Thorn buff is only for PvE. O_O

No Fatebringer yet. One day soon it's Hard Raid time...
I fear Thorn is going to be reverse Mythoclassed. PvE balance may mess with PvP usefulness.
Thorn is pretty awful PvE, but very strong PvP. I can't imagine it getting any buff because if it were any stronger.... The PvP community would react. They're going to have to buff it in such a manner that it could lose its PvP uniqueness.

A PvE buff may well end up a PvP nerf.

Anyone looking to run VoG raid on hard? I'm looking for a hard run raid, I'd even be up for starting at any hard checkpoint if anyone had one they needed to work from as well.

Lvl 29 Sun Warlock, with maxed weapons here. PS4, PSN = Gaf username. Send me an invite or FR. Want to try and get a run going tonight if people are up for it.

patchday

All 3 chatacyers stuck at lvl 29 and start to feel frustration... Not even Hawkian himself can give me advice on this one... :(

Both of mine stuck at L29. This weekend's raids (ran it 3 fucking times) just gave me raid pieces I already had. Now have 3 titan chest pieces (no other piece)

GhaleonEB

Try to do as many public events as you can. First gold tier will get you shard/energy. After that you might get a shard or two from random public events. I suggest trying to do 4-5 public events a day if you have the time. You can check for public event Time/place online

Given that patrols are incredibly boring, I don't do them often unless I feel like going exploring. But even when I do, I don't have much luck triggering public events. The past three days I've done three of those "do six patrol missions" bounties on three different planets, and got zero public events. I don't really want to follow a tracker to find them, it begins to feel too much like work; I usually just hop on when I have time for a little bit.

Ridli

Given that patrols are incredibly boring, I don't do them often unless I feel like going exploring. But even when I do, I don't have much luck triggering public events. The past three days I've done three of those "do six patrol missions" bounties on three different planets, and got zero public events.

Edit: Blah, never mind you don't want to use a tracker..... in that case.. yeah you're not going to like getting public events done.

Konosuke

Anyone looking to run VoG raid on hard? I'm looking for a hard run raid, I'd even be up for starting at any hard checkpoint if anyone had one they needed to work from as well.

Lvl 29 Sun Warlock, with maxed weapons here. PS4, PSN = Gaf username. Send me an invite or FR. Want to try and get a run going tonight if people are up for it.
We have 4 spots avaliable guys!

LordofPwn

New thread new post

FLAWLESS RAID ATTEMPTS ON PS4 @ 8pm Bungie time

Let's go!

1. LordofPwn lvl 30 warlock with max hypehorn, IB, and VoC
2. DairyZeus lvl 30 Titan
3. JayEH lvl 29 Titan
4. Boguester The vet
5. zewone lvl 30 hunter
6. Stantron lvl 29 Titan

Will probably be streaming this at twitch.tv/zuckt for those interested in watching

FR's coming at 8pm, at 8:15 i'll find alternates if we have to.

Sign on everybody it's go time!

I feel like leveling up a Gunslinger to use for PVP use. I just can't seem to let go of my Voidwalker build.

Gunslinger is the best imo for HC players. Chain of Woe + fast reload perk from gloves makes reloading instant. Golden Gun with Deadeye is pretty amazing. You can't miss your shots and I can't remember the last time I actually missed one.

kaiiri

Given that patrols are incredibly boring, I don't do them often unless I feel like going exploring. But even when I do, I don't have much luck triggering public events. The past three days I've done three of those "do six patrol missions" bounties on three different planets, and got zero public events. I don't really want to follow a tracker to find them, it begins to feel too much like work; I usually just hop on when I have time for a little bit.

on earth it's really easy tho.. 3 public events within 30 mins all by each other.

deafmedal

Damn, hard raid as a 30 is so much better. Only had to fight him 4 times and we got atheon down.

You guys were great, that was awesome :) Having 4 30s helped a ton. Even with my dumbass getting blown up halfway through the first victory, It went smooooth. The second run was even smoother! It's only fitting that my hunter, who made it all the way to the gatekeepers without dying (save team wipes), only to be shot down by a hobgoblin running into the room after dropping the first gatekeeper ON THE FIRST TRY!! watched Atheon crumble from the light of her ghost.

Got the exact same reward for two Atheon clears... a 2nd and 3rd AE (received first on Thursday, heh) and two Timebreakers. No clothes this week, but did pick up FV, so that's cool. Oh, and a 3rd HV.

Got my Titan a smidge from 14, mostly running crucible. Even had some damn good games (amongst some real turds)... throwing a bubble and melee-ing 4-5 dudes, that was fucking fun :) Should be able to run normal raid by the end of the week, only need some purple boots, he's got quite a selection to choose from in the other categories. Just gotta make it 6 more levels, will probably run stories on hard now, supplementing with chest runs to build up plasteel and mats. I remember only too well the push from 26 to 29 on my hunter so all my clothing engrams are getting banked for my titan to help.

DGAF really came through for my group this week, thanks! Atheon party hats for everyone :)

Gunslinger is the best imo for HC players. Chain of Woe + fast reload perk from gloves makes reloading instant. Golden Gun with Deadeye is pretty amazing. You can't miss your shots and I can't remember the last time I actually missed one.

Yeah, I'll try it out. Seems like a good class to use for hand cannons.

Also, got the Universal Remote from the Nightfall earlier. Is this any good for PVP?

All 3 chatacyers stuck at lvl 29 and start to feel frustration... Not even Hawkian himself can give me advice on this one... :(

I created 3 warlocks and rotate one set of armor. It's the only reason I'm a level 30. Can do the raid and get armor for your one class 3 times a week. Now that I'm 30 I will delete one of my warlocks and create a hunter/titan

The public events site is very useful and it doesn't really feel like work to me. If I'm doing patrol on Earth for example, I just check and see where they're gonna be happening and do my patrol in that area. If you're gonna be doing patrols might as well make the most of it. Public Events can be very rewarding

Qwell

Shoutout to Hawkian and Casmith for helping me with Xyor, I do believe I'm in the doghouse with the wife now however for not coming to dinner when she said it was ready :( Think I might be done until the reset... course that isn't saying much when the reset is on Tuesday, but I hit lvl 3 crucible on my last alt, and have raid gear for all my alts except my hunter who still doesn't have a single piece, and I've already run the raid with all my characters including hard mode for the week.

Still need to play CoD: AW at some point, which has been sitting installed since day zero.

Dante316

Damm, seems I might prefer playing as a titan in pvp,I missed the sshoulder charge as striker and bubble as a defender. .

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm so addicted to the game that I finally made an alt. The legendary and exotic stuff I have from my main which I cannot use for this class will be of use.

Ghazi

I got a total of 11 public events today, all unplanned. Have they already implemented their increased public events update?

Is it just me or is the tiger playlist rotation completely broken lately. It keeps giving me the same freaking strike over and over. It's so annoying. I find a good pair of players and I can't stay with them cause I have to exit and launch strike playlist again

Gordon

Nop, checked on both and I don't see anything there. Am I looking on the right spot? Last thing I see on the vendors list is the vault, postmaster and special orders.
What exactly are you looking for?
Edit: wait a minute, timed play? I could swear that said the vault when I was replying lol

Edit again: thought you were talking about this;
Edit: where the hell is the Vault in the redesigned iOS companion app?

hydruxo

Got my 3rd Mythoclast tonight, now I've got one for all my alts haha. I just wish I could get one Vision of Confluence though. Just one por favor RNGesus.

Kalamari

So, I have a theory about bounty missives. I think they are more likely to pop up when you do more bounties within a single day. For instance, today I did about 10 bounties with my Warlock and also received a bounty missive.

I think I will keep trying to save up pve bounties on my characters so as to to test this theory more thoroughly.

NeOak

You'll have the highest chance of getting showered on Earth.

http://destinypublicevents.com

I know you don't want to follow a tracker, but at least you can see where they appear.

FYI, i've been to some events that aren't on the website, so Bungie has added more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom