• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

realcZk

No. I've gotten Gjallarhorn and The Last Word while running solo.

whenever i read posts by alucrid they are exactly what happen in my dreams
i had a dream last night i had extra hawkmoons and last words and spent the better part of the afternoon eating popcorn and laughing maniacally while dismantling them

tonight i will dream of getting a ballerhorn in the nightfall

DjRalford

This is the strat i use. can always go from the sniper perch back to the entrance if things get dicey.

Yup. I was alternating ice breaker and Gjallarhorn from the perch, ice breaker whilst heavy ammo synth cools down.

I reckon if there's a couple of you with IB you could fire a shot each slowly to the priests head to keep him constantly staggered.

Totally different issue, but really important for Quality of Life. Why the hell do I have to log into bungie.net every 2 freakin' hours? No other website I've ever used logs me out this quickly. Doesn't matter if I log in with PSN or Google. Ulgh. So sick of it.

Hiko

Banned
This is so frustrating. Getting nothing but shards and energy from the raid. No raid gear. No weapons.

It resets today right?

DjRalford

This.

I never really realized how bad it was til I took it to PvP with people firing back at me and I was trying to get shots off fast. The recoil is so bad my guy almost does a back flip after firing it.

Yeah it certainly has a kick, when using the raid sniper it doesn't budge, switching between them is night and day.

EL CUCO

lmkSAXX.jpg

realcZk

This is so frustrating. Getting nothing but shards and energy from the raid. No raid gear. No weapons.

It resets today right?

It's already been reset for the week, earlier this morning. And make sure your inventory slots aren't full in any areas (armor/weapons), if so you might be getting drops but they wont appear and will instead be waiting for you in the tower from the postmaster.

Hiko

Banned
It's already been reset for the week, earlier this morning. And make sure your inventory slots aren't full in any areas (armor/weapons), if so you might be getting drops but they wont appear and will instead be waiting for you in the tower from the postmaster.

Inventory isn't full. Just really bad luck I guess. Definitely making alts because this is just absurd. Most people I see already have at least one piece of raid armor.

Ok, I will give your feedback a chance, only because you share the love of hand cannons .I revisit some of the build suggestions for blade dancer. Sounds like I play golden gun the same as you, and it is meh outside of VoG , but I will see if the I can get that stealth ninja feeling back with my blade dancer.

Magik

The game continues to troll me.

Got Found Verdict (2nd), Raid Armor (2nd), Gloves (3rd), Ship (2nd), a Suros Regime (3rd)...

Just give me the damn Helmet!

realcZk

Inventory isn't full. Just really bad luck I guess. Definitely making alts because this is just absurd. Most people I see already have at least one piece of raid armor.

I have a few buddies and I who are 30 and the only way we hit 30 in a reasonable amount of time was to use 1/2 alts of the same class to swap gear and run more raids. RNGesus is sleeping on the job

LordofPwn

Yup. I was alternating ice breaker and Gjallarhorn from the perch, ice breaker whilst heavy ammo synth cools down.

I reckon if there's a couple of you with IB you could fire a shot each slowly to the priests head to keep him constantly staggered.

IB? use P&T and special synths. that arc burn is legit.

Hiko

Banned
I have a few buddies and I who are 30 and the only way we hit 30 in a reasonable amount of time was to use 1/2 alts of the same class to swap gear and run more raids. RNGesus is sleeping on the job

This is the only thing left to do. The drop rate on raid gear is way too low to just run the raid once a week. Same with nightfall. Getting nothing but coins the past three weeks.

Maybe this is just RNGesus' way of bringing balance since I've been quite lucky with tiger strikes and engrams giving me lots of legendaries and exotics.

Deku Tree

The game continues to troll me.

Got Found Verdict (2nd), Raid Armor (2nd), Gloves (3rd), Ship (2nd), a Suros Regime (3rd)...

Just give me the damn Helmet!

You need to beat Atheon on Hard to have a chance at getting the helmet... it doesn't drop anywhere else. Nothing wrong with keeping two found verdicts IMO.

vctor182

Can't imagine how OP Suros was before the nerf in PvP. Yesterday I finished really quick the crucible part for the Invective Exotic

I'd love to join! a_javierp on PS4 :) haven't done a Raid since getting Vision of Confluence and I'd love to try it out tonight.

Great - we've run something together before, I think... The final piece of the Thorn bounty?

8:30PM EST Normal VoG.

1) scarletham
2) hoodbury
3) spyder_ur
4) X-Frame
5) Fixed
6) a_javierp

Could use a few people for alt slots. I know that X-Frame is tentative.

Trakan

I got Apotheosis Veil and 2 Plan Cs from solo nightfalls last week. I just got a Suros and a Patience and Time from 2 solo nightfalls this week. It's all RNG.

Too bad the first Plan C is all I needed.

Mindlog

Looking forward to getting to try the Nightfall myself. My fully upgraded Arc Final Rest II is going to feast.
A new glitch/bug happened where the Oracles animation worked backwards, yes backwards during Atheon
That was a good laugh. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. Should have saved a video.

In related news. Bungie.
Bungie.
Please remove class items from the loot table when leveling up a faction.
Please Understand.
If I am leveling up a faction.
I have the class item.
Please understand.

Please tell me you understand.

Deku Tree

Seriously need to Rant

A HUGE FUCK YOU to Bungie.
How in the blue fuck do new Glitches/Bugs keep happening to players. Is there goddamn under-reporting of this

I mean come the fuck on, I started GateKeepers + Atheon Hard Mode, @9:15PM, it's almost 1AM, and now we have completed both runs for it

There was I say 45 minutes of downtime total, but it shouldn't take this fucking long for 6 experienced individuals to lose to stupid ass glitches
Mistakes and Deaths on HM are given an extend the time, but these glitches are getting on my last nerves

A new glitch/bug happened where the Oracles animation worked backwards, yes backwards during Atheon
You saw them go from the explosion animation back to being a whole oracle, if you shot in between, that damage didn't count, you had to wait for them to be whole, yet they spawned faster than ever before, so there was no way to kill all of them in time

Atheon for some reason used to Tango in the middle area and move a little left or right aka dodge mechanic, but now no grenades were thrown, he would go so far left, I'm talk all the way behind Future (Desert) portal, were you could not get a clean shot, only way to do so was to go all the way to the right pillar, this would happen every 3 sec intervals, wasting precious Vengeance time

The Past Mintoaur has it's own stupid problems, but a new one arose where his death animation kicked in, yet game said he warped, and pew pewed all 3 of us and we were shocked that he didn't die
How does 2 Gjallarhorn and 3 Shoulder Tackles not be enough for that fuck

It's fucking ridiculous this game can be patched at any time, it's been 50+ days since outcries of bugs/glitches in Raid and nothing has been done for them, but some ego fucks with thumbs up their ass think being coy, not informative and saying the same ol' shit is the key to being a great dev

Holy shit, I shouldn't have to spend 3+ hours on things that should be 30 minutes tops
Glitches/Bugs really feel like game mechanics put in just to stretch your time in Raid to feel like you put some time into it and feel rewarded after doing so and getting the win

As much as I enjoy this game, frustration is really annoying when you don't have anything to do with. It's not skill, your are fighting broken mechanics these fuckwits didn't even QA right and just sent it out cause their fucking EGO's of being the people that created Halo gave them carte blanche

SERIOUSLY, FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME YOU STUPID FUCKING PIECES OF SHIT!
I dropped $90 on promise of having a great time, recently it's just been aggravation upon aggravation from the Raid portion
People d/c'ing or Lag is a given in any MP game, but these broken ass mechanics need to be patched out ASAP

Fuck man, I invest to much into a game like Destiny hoping devs would be on the ball

Do Raid on Hunter, get blessed with 2 extra helmets (3rd, 4th) + aspect of glass
Do Raid on Titan finally get my Vex Mythoclast, Helmet (3rd), 3 shards, timebreaker

You know how we won Atheon on Hard with my Titan, the last 35% Atheon glitched and didn't fire one shot, kept moving like a broken AI Xenomorph from the Alien game that was released by Gearbox + Sega
At least that was hilarious, this was just outright stupid

I mean 3+ hours of fighting nonsensical bullshit to get rewarded multiple dupes...
DlYfct0l.jpg

Are you sure a lot of that wasn't due to playing with laggy players? I think Bungie's system for dealing with Lag is terrible and should be fixed. But it seems like the system reverts back to the last state of the laggiest player or something like that so that if your playing with someone with bad internet and very bad upload speeds then lots of things like what you describe can happen. I am not 100% sure though.

Can't imagine how OP Suros was before the nerf in PvP. Yesterday I finished really quick the crucible part for the Invective Exotic

If you can hold it steady on their heads there are very few primary guns in the game that can kill quicker than the Suros. I basically only roll with a high impact hand cannon or the VoC because they're the only weapons I've found that can go toe to toe with, or beat, the Suros regularly.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ok, I will give your feedback a chance, only because you share the love of hand cannons .I revisit some of the build suggestions for blade dancer. Sounds like I play golden gun the same as you, and it is meh outside of VoG , but I will see if the I can get that stealth ninja feeling back with my blade dancer.
I definitely appreciate the due consideration- your quest should start by equipping Blink and Fleet Footed if you were missing either for ninja action, unless you want to go that full-on Stealth route.

Gunslinger isn't my preferred of the two outside of VoG either, but:
  • Gambler's Dagger + Knife Juggler feels AMAZING if you get good at chaining the kills. Like, oh god, so good. I can't do it against Vex, though :(
  • Gunslinger abilities alone aren't that exciting, but Chain of Woe and Gunslinger's Trance can turn any gun with certain weaknesses into an absolute monster, and should not be overlooked. Because they don't rely on any cooldowns, these are the best weapon-modifying skills in the entire game.
There is no tank class. They all die with basically the same amount of damage.

Every class is DPS.
This is accurate. It's a shooter anyway, they should be. Titans have better party combat support (specifically with Weapons of Light) and Warlocks are wonderfully well-rounded with the most room for error. Hunters can do lots of things that involve killing stuff and staying alive individually, plus the stealth rezzing when it counts. But all of them die by getting shot enough times or punched in the head.

coy

In related news. Bungie.
Bungie.
Please remove class items from the loot table when leveling up a faction.
Please Understand.
If I am leveling up a faction.
I have the class item.
Please understand.

Please tell me you understand.

Damn this may explain a mystery this last week. I was wearing the FWC bond on my lock when I faction ranked. Went to grab the mail but it was late so I didn't really pay attention to the goods. The next morning I had a duplicate FWC bond and thought maybe I was just too unsober to realize what I did. What a crappy deal.

yes they are

meh, totally irrelevant!

ha ha

Golden gun also great for hobgoblins, praetorians, descendant minotaurs, and supplicants

On the other hand Bladedancer is the best subclass to solo a portal due to Gjallarhorn kill + stealth grab the relic

I know some people love it but I honestly consider triple jump completely worthless outside of the jumping puzzle by the way (which I'm not using gunslinger for anyway). On Gunslinger, both of the other jumps are viable per your preference; I use higher jump. The idea of using Triple Jump for forward momentum is especially hilarious.

But the real agility is on Bladedancers anyway. Gunslingers are intended to keep their distance, be calm, methodical, and kill as many things with as few bullets as possible, like Jaren Ward wielding The Last Word. Bladedancers are the acrobatic ninjas.

Meh, and I say again, meh, That's just you assuming what the classes should be like. The "base stats" in terms of the bars on the stat screen are ultimately not that important... they have barely any impact compared to the actual class and build choices you make.

Titans are about momentum. They're not slow, lumbering tanks. They're unstoppable forces. Thus Shoulder Charge. Thus Juggernaut. Thus Warmachine. Thus all the punching. Thus Fist of Havoc. Titans were never intended to be slow. Warlocks are plainly and simply the slowest class in terms of moment. Titans are meant to pick up speed and combine it with their mass to convert into death.

But Hunters are faster. And more agile. Per your bold, not only is it arguable I'm pretty sure that's actually flat out untrue compared to Bladedancers, though I'd like to do some testing on it. I'm sure Titans have the highest verticals ups 'cause they have jetpacks. Either way, I just saw you do a whole aria on Hunter mobility without a single mention of their most important movement skill...

Fleet Footed - Increases maximum sprint speed and extends slide distance.

Are you guys not using this because it's the first one in the column you unlock, or what...?

It absolutely gives Bladedancers the fastest sprint in the game... it also doesn't just extend your slide distance, it increases the speed of your slide, turning it into a boost (there's even a damn sound and visual effect to accompany it, even visible in the Tower). It moves you around quicker. It makes you harder to hit. It gets you behind cover quicker. It immediately puts you a few seconds from stealth with Stalker. It is absolutely critical to Bladedancer play and no other class has anything like it.

Come on now- all three classes are roughly equal in terms of squishiness and this is pretty key to the entire design of the game. Titans can take a couple more hits than Hunters or Warlocks. Warlocks and Titans both have good defensive skill options while Bladedancers have ridiculous agility (seriously -_-") and the ability to turn invisible as well as a super that grants an overshield and additional mobility. Only Gunslingers are really without any specific defensive or mobility options, but that suits their intended role fine (and Hunters should be unafraid to switch subclasses as needed even if they prefer one or the other.

Stealth has powerful offensive capabilities allowing you to "stalk prey" much as a hunter might do indeed. I had hopes that last week's Nightfall (with no Solar burn, no shortage of Angry Phalanxes, and the Centurions at the sand dune) would have turned more people on to this. Stealthing and getting into kissing distance to stick a grenade uncontested is pretty goddamn joyous. It's also viable as a defensive combat tactic. If things swing against you, get around a corner and crouch- as soon as Stalker kicks in aggro is broken and you can reposition while letting your shield recharge to continue the fight.

Funnily enough, using Arc Blade for medic purposes is legit- it gives you an overshield, better FoV from the third person view to see your friends, and air dash to get out of trouble if anything goes wrong.

But anyway, in terms of making them "better invisible medics" I have no clue what they would do to improve the class. If you really consider that their only use, and want to maximize it, you'll want to run with Shadowjack, Stalker, Escape Artist, and Vanish. That gives you three different ways to access stealth with an extended duration, two of which can be accessed in panic situations. Stalker's stealth with Shadowjack is absolutely luxurious, you could res two people on the other side of the room and make a cup of tea before coming visible again.

Personally I'd never go that route though, because their Stealth medic abilities are pretty damn fine as I run my build, while still allowing for other useful abilities. I would love some kind of stat on bungie.net like, "# of times you've saved a Nightfall with stealth." As "rezzing your dead party" class abilities go, Stalker is the best followed by Ward of Dawn on a corpse and Fireborn (newly rezzed Sunsingers are far from invincible, and during a Burn joy can turn to tragedy quickly if you died in the wrong spot). Both of the latter two require a full super bar.

Honestly, I'm just getting started. Didn't even touch on their eternally useful grenades especially against Hive and Fallen, the unsung heroes that are Blink and Razor's Edge, the build-defining Gunslinger skills in Chain of Woe and Gunslinger's Trance, how ridiculously good throwing knives are, backline Orb generation for Defenders and other Gunslingers...

But hey, I don't need to convince anyone. If the people want to call for Hunter buffs and elevate them to god status I can deal with that.

I'm ready for my Hunter to become a god. She's already a Lord after all.

Great - we've run something together before, I think... The final piece of the Thorn bounty?

8:30PM EST Normal VoG.

1) scarletham
2) hoodbury
3) spyder_ur
4) X-Frame
5) Fixed
6) a_javierp

Could use a few people for alt slots. I know that X-Frame is tentative.

I'll be and alt, I'll be on probably be on Ps3 so just message me on if a space opens.
PSN Pandora012

Jinjo

I don't like it because it forces everyone to use certain weapons and makes other weapons useless. What's the point of having 400 different weapons if one of them is clearly better than the others? Forcing the player to artificially gimp themselves is not a solution.

That's why they're buffing other exotics in the game, because they are not an equally viable choice. When it comes to PvE stuff the nerfing should stay away, we all know what happened to the Mythoclast. Don't really agree with your Icebreaker is OP comments though, I have it fullt maxed and barely run it. Regen just takes too long sometimes, and I prefer other exotics (Hawkmoon/Ballarhorn).

I don't even run Icebreaker that much because of Ballerhorn but if they nerf either one I'm done with this game.

They should should be trying to make every exotic as awesome as those two, not nerfing them into mediocrity.

Exactly. This is probably what is going to happen as even Bungie confirmed some exotics were not up to standard. So give those a buff, don't nerf the ones that are actually worthy of the name "exotic".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom