• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon

[flying through space]
*Enemy have captured zone A*
*Zone C captured, it's yours*
*Zone C lost*
*Enemy captured zone C*
*The enemy controls all zones guardian*
*One minute remaining*
[spawns]

^^basically every game I join

Jinjo

Need two more for a hard raid at 8pm gmt.

Psn: astropoff

Level 29+. Please be exp and geared.

I want to join, but not sure if I'll be there at 8. Lv30 Titan, maxed weapons (including the Ballarhorn) and I consider myself an excellent relic carrier. If I see you guys later with an open spot I'll join.

Two nightfalls, two lame legenedaty weapons that will become ass energy. Oh well.

Holy moly, I almost forgot how much fun burns were in the nightfall with good weapons. The Thunderlord wrecked house. This week was even a faster solo than last week.

Just finished my hard mode raid for the week. No armor pieces again, but 2 Fatebringers.

From the same drop moment after Templar. What is going on???
This is sort of the 'problem' with doing hard mode first. Both loot rolls will be from the hard loot table. So it's possible to get doubles.

The only raid loot I have left (CM and epilogue) drop in normal so I think next time I'll do normal first and then hard separately.

NextGen

If I have done the hard raid for the week will I still get loot (boss kills) from the normal? As i remember you only get the chest's once?

Sullichin

MIDA Multi Tool is a beast. Going to bring it to 300 to see how it compares to a maxed out Suros. Maybe it could use a slight buff or auto fire to make it edge out VOC, but it's already pretty damn good. The fast reload makes it a pleasure to use.

It would be crazy if Thorn got buffed in any way that affects it in PVP. It's by far my favorite PVP weapon. It's so good that I'm afraid they'll make the DOT less effective. In PVE it's not so great. Ideally they'd just make it stronger in PVE and keep it exactly the same in PVP. Maybe a bigger magazine, but I don't think it really needs that either.

blazeuk

Another meh week for nightfall, another 9 ass shards to add to the 70 odd I already have, I'll probably have another character to do it on this week but I'm not expecting much different there either.

hydruxo

I hope we eventually are given the option to customize our existing characters' appearance. I liked how my Hunter looked for a while but I wish I could change it up a little. It's still crazy to me there's not a kiosk in the tower to do this.

Sullichin

Did your Cure roll with an extended magazine (or whatever) perk? It's a fabulous-looking launcher.

Speaking of this,

Unfriendly Giant + 3 rockets per tube

Vs

Steel Oracle + cluster bombs

Both solar damage I believe. Which would you keep? Thinking of dismantling the mostly leveled Steel Oracle for energy.

Axoman

Any hard raid Xbox One players in here willing to take a 29 along? I only need the raid helmet to reach 30.

GT: Axoman909

X-Frame

Two nightfalls, two lame legenedaty weapons that will become ass energy. Oh well.

Holy moly, I almost forgot how much fun burns were in the nightfall with good weapons. The Thunderlord wrecked house. This week was even a faster solo than last week.

I'm trying to decide if I want to use Thunderlord which is only at 267 Attack or my fully upgraded Swarm with 300 Attack.

Depending on those choices will either be P&T sniper or an Arc Supremacy Sniper, both also at 267 Attack.

Thunderlord with Field Scout though will make me be able to hold almost twice as much as my Swarm, hmmm. Plus the Supremacy has about 30% more impact than P&T.

I am probably way overthinking this.

It would be crazy if Thorn got buffed in any way that affects it in PVP. It's by far my favorite PVP weapon. It's so good that I'm afraid they'll make the DOT less effective. In PVE it's not so great. Ideally they'd just make it stronger in PVE and keep it exactly the same in PVP. Maybe a bigger magazine, but I don't think it really needs that either.

I'd like them to bump it to 8 shots and buff the reload time a tad.

But yeah, as it stands now it's my favorite PvP weapon. So fun to use.

nowai

Speaking of this,

Vs

Both solar damage I believe. Which would you keep? Thinking of dismantling the mostly leveled Steel Oracle for energy.

Does your Steel Oracle have the horseshoe perk? Proximity destination?

Aside from homing, that's my fav pvp perk.

noomi

RNG hates me this week.

Nightfall = 7 shards
VoG Hard Mode = Shards and repeat weapons/armor

Godhorn, Myth, And Hawkmoon don't want me :(

Rubenov

Guys, PSN messages and party chat is hopeless for me right now.

astro + Shark, invite me over to the fireteam once you're ready. Game chat should work. I restarted already no dice.

Huh, been a day and we aren't on OT 11 yet.

j/k

Anyway, bonus from completing the raid last night. Didn't even notice til this morning but in addition to Universal Remote, I got Vision of Confluence and Chatterwhite

Neat, you can ride a sparrow in stealth mode with Blade Dancer and no one notices you despite your sparrow being visible. The trick is you first have to summon your sparrow, hop off next to it, go invisible and then remount it. Ta da, invisible sparrow time!

recks

NF1: 8 Coins
NF2: 12 Shards
NF3: Legendary Scout Rifle
HR1: Gloves, Shards and Energies
HR2: Fatebringer, Shards and Energies
HR3: Chest, Patience and Time, Icebreaker, Shards and Energies

I shouldn't complain, but all I want is a damn Hawkmoon ;-;

someday

Banned
Wow, really really frustrating to be on the last level of the nightfall and have the servers kick me out of the game. Ugh. I'm doing it again but if anyone wants in, feel free. PSN - someday and I'll set my fireteam to open to public. It's really pretty easy and I'm not wearing a mic. Sort of hungover...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
MIDA Multi Tool is a beast. Going to bring it to 300 to see how it compares to a maxed out Suros. Maybe it could use a slight buff or auto fire to make it edge out VOC, but it's already pretty damn good. The fast reload makes it a pleasure to use.

Exotics remaining that need buffs (in order of importance):
Bad Juju
Hard Light
Super Good Advice
Monte Carlo
MIDA Multi-Tool

After some time with the MIDA Multi-Tool, it's a great gun, just needs a hair more damage and it's a worthy exotic honestly. I've been playing around with Monte Carlo in the Crucible on my Warlock, and honestly, I kinda like it. Haven't done too horribly with it, it's got a great kind of "start-firing-from-the-hip-then-ADS-for-the-kill" playstyle to it. I haven't unlocked its special perk yet but the Sunsinger build I have in mind seems like it'll be ridiculously fun. I assume it could just use a bit of a damage boost, maybe only for PvE (like the Mythoclast). Don't have Hard Light to comment on, and I don't really have any thoughts on how to help SGA or Bad Juju myself. Full auto on Bad Juju I guess.

I am officially taking Thorn off of my list. It's a nasty, devastating weapon when used well. I'm scared of what they're going to do to it. Any kind of mechanical buff (reload, magazine, impact...?!) could turn it into the new FOTM OP gun in the Crucible. Raise the attack stat for PvE I guess, don't touch it for PvP.

Speaking of this,

Vs

Don't have any alts that could use one or the other?
I'd like them to bump it to 8 shots and buff the reload time a tad.

But yeah, as it stands now it's my favorite PvP weapon. So fun to use.
That would make it rather nasty. Any build currently themed around it to compensate for its weaknesses could become kinda OP with that buff.

I dunno guys. Thorn is one of the two guns confirmed to be getting buffed. It's scary. Fucking evil surrounds that gun. Everyone should fear Thorn.

JayEH

Just played a team of legit low level 20s in the Crucible and my team absolutely smashed them even though we only had 4 players on our team for most of the game. There were at least two people using The Stranger's Rifle on the other team haha.

deadlast

NF1: 8 Coins
NF2: 12 Shards
NF3: Legendary Scout Rifle
HR1: Gloves, Shards and Energies
HR2: Fatebringer, Shards and Energies
HR3: Chest, Patience and Time, Icebreaker, Shards and Energies

I shouldn't complain, but all I want is a damn Hawkmoon ;-;

I really need ice breaker. I guess I gotta work on my alts.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nope. All the weapons had pretty crappy perks. The cure had no flinching and increase reload speed on kill.
Well that blows. My apologies.

Gratuitous amounts of errnurrrjeeez.

Neat, you can ride a sparrow in stealth mode with Blade Dancer and no one notices you despite your sparrow being visible. The trick is you first have to summon your sparrow, hop off next to it, go invisible and then remount it. Ta da, invisible sparrow time!
WHAT. YES. thank you for this.

I will sneak into ALL THE PLACES.
Just played a team of legit low level 20s in the Crucible and my team absolutely smashed them even though we only had 4 players on our team for most of the game. There were at least two people using The Stranger's Rifle on the other team haha.
I see the stranger's rifle like, a lot, in the Crucible. Is there something I'm missing? Is it awesome?

Wow, really really frustrating to be on the last level of the nightfall and have the servers kick me out of the game. Ugh. I'm doing it again but if anyone wants in, feel free. PSN - someday and I'll set my fireteam to open to public. It's really pretty easy and I'm not wearing a mic. Sort of hungover...

I'll jump in

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anyone doing crucible as a team tonight? That's how I'm gonna level my Hunter.
I would love to if I have time to get on, might be busy tonight but if I spot you online I'll shoot you a message.

my wee titan's fists are itchy.

WHAT. YES. thank you for this.

PS - I gave a full agility/stealth bladedancer build a go and it did make the subclass way more fun in PvE. I carry a bit more momentum now with jumps, but I still think the Titan has a much more agile and versatile jump, even with a low agility Titan build. If they buffed the third jump in triple jump just a bit more it would make it feel so much more bad ass. Def gonna keep running some Bladedancer again and give golden gun a rest to freshen things up.

JayEH

I see the stranger's rifle like, a lot, in the Crucible. Is there something I'm missing? Is it awesome?

The only explanation I can think of is that it's just people who don't have legendaries and think it's good because you get it for beating the game?

Thanks as always to Boguester and the rest of the group for letting me join. Hopefully I'll be less of a burden with at least 1 ckass next week.

Thanks for running it with us. Even with my other friend wiping us on GKs before he bailed, and the usual Atheon glitches/DCs, it only took ~4.5 hrs for the three hard raids (real world time, including sitting around waiting for replacement players, etc.).

If people are up for it again next week, and we actually get our best team together, I'm sure we could bust all 3 out in 3 hours max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom