• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to be that guy but all I want out of the Hard Raid is Fatebringer...so if anyone saves the Oracles/Templar checkpoint I'd love to grab it or get in a on run.

Nightfall was super easy for me. Had a fully upgraded Light/BEWARE that did Arc damage and returned ammo to reserve on kill.

In other words, screw you juggler.

Ran it 3 and a half times in about 40 minutes. The half wasn't even a screw up. I just needed more nightfall kills for my pocket infinity.

Axoman

I am officially taking Thorn off of my list. It's a nasty, devastating weapon when used well. I'm scared of what they're going to do to it. Any kind of mechanical buff (reload, magazine, impact...?!) could turn it into the new FOTM OP gun in the Crucible. Raise the attack stat for PvE I guess, don't touch it for PvP.

I dunno guys. Thorn is one of the two guns confirmed to be getting buffed. It's scary. Fucking evil surrounds that gun. Everyone should fear Thorn.

I'm fine with Thorn getting buffed, but I think just increasing the magazine size and shortening reload would be enough.

I've done all the exotic bounties except Super Good Advice and I think Thorn was most troublesome/difficult. So to me, making it even better makes the pain of the bounty much lower.

Jinjo

Any hard raids starting up? Lv30 Titan here, maxed weapons including Ballarhorn. I'm an excellent relic carrier too imo. Hoping to join some of you GAF raid veterans since I'm looking to knock this out quickly.

RNGesus was good to me. My Hunter main got enough Warlock gear to take my Warlock from 20 to 25 instantly with all unleavened gear. Cool.

Wow, really really frustrating to be on the last level of the nightfall and have the servers kick me out of the game. Ugh. I'm doing it again but if anyone wants in, feel free. PSN - someday and I'll set my fireteam to open to public. It's really pretty easy and I'm not wearing a mic. Sort of hungover...

Got any room?

Alucrid

Banned
Fuck your Hawkmoons, Fatebringers and TLWs. RNGesus won't give them to me.

if it makes you feel any better, after getting hawkmoon from the raid and TLW from the nightfall, i got a legendary engram from the weekly that turned into another hawkmoon

then i turned it all into energy

Namikaze1

if it makes you feel any better, after getting hawkmoon from the raid and TLW from the nightfall, i got a legendary engram from the weekly that turned into another hawkmoon

I'll make him feel even better by bringing up my Sunday experience. I got TWO Hawkmoons this past Sunday. Both were turned into energy.

I'll make him feel even better by bringing up my Sunday experience. I got TWO Hawkmoons this past Sunday. Both were turned into energy.

I don't know how you can live with yourselves.

I see the stranger's rifle like, a lot, in the Crucible. Is there something I'm missing? Is it awesome?

Stranger's Rifle gets slept on. I used it in Crucible for awhile -- great stability, rate of fire and good Impact. Shame it's a rare which makes it useless end game PvE.

Good PvP weapon if you like Pulse. I feel like the game has been out long enough to where you see people using interesting weapons because we're at the "keep yourself entertained" point, whereas before it was use whatever weapon is obviously head and shoulders above the rest.

realcZk

Has anyone got Gjallarhorn from Raid or Nightfall, or will I be the only one later today (wishful thinking)?

bungie stealth removed the ballerhorn from the games loot table because its a bug because it makes the game easier

eventually they will patch it so that only 3 of the wolfpack rounds explode, chosen at random

matmanx1

Thorn bounty update: After 5 more matches last night I am now at 288/500. I've had a ton of fun because I am doing the bounty with two rl friends and we can communicate and cover each other. We laugh and cut up a lot so even on those matches where I am struggling (and I am below a 1.0 k/d ratio pretty often) I'm still enjoying myself and that makes a huge difference.

That being said, I am sort of peeved at whoever thought this bounty up. I will be SO GLAD to go back to PVP where I can actually use whatever weapon I want, when I want to use it. I get the idea that this bounty is supposed to charge the Thorn shell with void energies and that's why I'm using void weaponry only but still, it is a real pain in the neck.

Maybe if death didn't subtract from the total score? I mean a void kill is a void kill, right? Why does my death decrease the count? It is an unnecessary difficulty modifier, IMO. Anyway, hopefully in a couple more nights spent in the Crucible I will be done with that part of the bounty and can go smack Xyor.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
PS - I gave a full agility/stealth bladedancer build a go and it did make the subclass way more fun in PvE. I carry a bit more momentum now with jumps, but I still think the Titan has a much more agile and versatile jump, even with a low agility Titan build. If they buffed the third jump in triple jump just a bit more it would make it feel so much more bad ass. Def gonna keep running some Bladedancer again and give golden gun a rest to freshen things up.
Woo! I'm so glad you gave it another shot. I love playing agile/sneaky classes and Bladedancer has been perfection for me.

On the jumps, I really have to say, based on the playstyle you're going for I really really advise giving Blink a try. Honestly, I was excited for it, but I can't use Triple Jump to play how I want and that did make Gunslinger a little disappointing in terms of getting around. I always just stick to Higher Jump on GS.

But Blink is CRAZY in terms of forward momentum and that's what I'm talking about when comparing it to the Titan's jumps. I know Blink is often written off for PvE and it does take some getting used to for sure (NEVER use it for the Jumping Puzzle, ever) but it realllllllllly suits the ninja playstyle, gets you places quicker, and can save your life (high chance that it breaks aggro if you're being shot at). You can use it in some pretty unexpected ways, like hitting the ground faster from a high fall and taking no damage, that really feel pretty badass.

For traversal, to really get the most of out this: Sprint, jump forward, blink, do the Electric Slide the moment you land, then sprint-jump for another Blink. You need to get a feel for the timing on the internal cooldown for the third, but you can get places reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally fast this way.

edit: Note Blink does remove stealth, which is a shame (though I can understand why they did it). I've gotten really good at leveraging my single jumps while stealthed, or in very tricky scenarios, you can just swap to higher jump, stealth, do whatever you needed the stealth for like a res, and swap back.

MADGAME

Forming a weekly Hard Raid group and need 3 more. Since this will be a regular meeting and not a pick-up game, we are looking for the following:

Available weekdays around 9:30pm Eastern, 8:30pm Central, 6:30pm Pacific or equivalent time in other parts of the world. Being available on the weekends will also help if we need to reconvene or if someone in the group has to postpone.

Looking for players with alts to run the Raid with each character. Please have at least one leveled alt, having 2 alts is ideal. In other words, it will be a commitment to run Hard Raid at least twice per week with this group.

Level 30's are preferred, as we already have one player at 29 and a player with an alt at 29. Not hating or discriminating on 29's, I frequently run pickup/ad-hoc hard Raids with 29's but for this group we are looking to run the content multiple times so efficiency is a factor. This would also mean having 300 weapons in each slot.

Hopefully that isn't too much to ask for regarding a weekly Hard group of Gaffers. I was mildly criticized in the past for asking for 30s so I would like to point out again I'm not discriminating, we already have some 29 players so the highest level players with alts and the ability to commit will get priority.

We could possibly start tonight.

Forming a weekly Hard Raid group and need 3 more. Since this will be a regular meeting and not a pick-up game, we are looking for the following:

Available weekdays around 9:30pm Eastern, 8:30pm Central, 6:30pm Pacific or equivalent time in other parts of the world. Being available on the weekends will also help if we need to reconvene or if someone in the group has to postpone.

Looking for players with alts to run the Raid with each character. Please have at least one leveled alt, having 2 alts is ideal. In other words, it will be a commitment to run Hard Raid at least twice per week with this group.

Level 30's are preferred, as we already have one player at 29 and a player with an alt at 29. Not hating or discriminating on 29's, I frequently run pickup/ad-hoc hard Raids with 29's but for this group we are looking to run the content multiple times so efficiency is a factor. This would also mean having 300 weapons in each slot.

Hopefully that isn't too much to ask for regarding a weekly Hard group of Gaffers. I was mildly criticized in the past for asking for 30s so I would like to point out again I'm not discriminating, we already have some 29 players so the highest level players with alts and the ability to commit will get priority.

We could possibly start tonight.

Just want to say, there's nothing wrong with stating a preference for a certain level of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom