• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_6

Thorn bounty update: After 5 more matches last night I am now at 288/500. I've had a ton of fun because I am doing the bounty with two rl friends and we can communicate and cover each other. We laugh and cut up a lot so even on those matches where I am struggling (and I am below a 1.0 k/d ratio pretty often) I'm still enjoying myself and that makes a huge difference.

That being said, I am sort of peeved at whoever thought this bounty up. I will be SO GLAD to go back to PVP where I can actually use whatever weapon I want, when I want to use it. I get the idea that this bounty is supposed to charge the Thorn shell with void energies and that's why I'm using void weaponry only but still, it is a real pain in the neck.

Maybe if death didn't subtract from the total score? I mean a void kill is a void kill, right? Why does my death decrease the count? It is an unnecessary difficulty modifier, IMO. Anyway, hopefully in a couple more nights spent in the Crucible I will be done with that part of the bounty and can go smack Xyor.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. I'm still at 416/500 on this same part of the Thorn bounty and haven't played Crucible in almost three weeks because it became so frustrating. I was up to almost 440/500 and went back to 416 in one fucking match. I will never understand why any deaths count against me but only Void kills count. I feel like I'm never going to get past this part of the bounty.

No, Hard gives you 2 rolls, same as doing the 28 weekly heroic, it gives you all 3 levels worth of rewards.

I know this to be true, but it seems I only get loot for one. Atheon on hard last week gave me Timebreaker and 3 shards....

Shouldn't it give me four rolls since I didn't do normal then?

rNilla

I got two legendary engrams from running the Weekly Heroic. In my experience purple engrams almost always give materials, like 95% of the time. I swear I've received far more legendary items from blues at this point. But, uh...

YfXjQ3C.jpg

Hoodbury

I agree wholeheartedly with this. I'm still at 416/500 on this same part of the Thorn bounty and haven't played Crucible in almost three weeks because it became so frustrating. I was up to almost 440/500 and went back to 416 in one fucking match. I will never understand why any deaths count against me but only Void kills count. I feel like I'm never going to get past this part of the bounty.

If you got up to 440 you can finish it, you are so close. If you find yourself in a match where you are going way too negative just leave that match and find a new one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I got two legendary engrams from running the Weekly Heroic. In my experience purple engrams almost always give materials, like 95% of the time. I swear I've received far more legendary items from blues at this point. But, uh...
Assuming you had neither one, that's a damn great haul from the weekly, hooboy.

EL CUCO

Forming a weekly Hard Raid group and need 3 more. Since this will be a regular meeting and not a pick-up game, we are looking for the following:

Available weekdays around 9:30pm Eastern, 8:30pm Central, 6:30pm Pacific or equivalent time in other parts of the world. Being available on the weekends will also help if we need to reconvene or if someone in the group has to postpone.

Looking for players with alts to run the Raid with each character. Please have at least one leveled alt, having 2 alts is ideal. In other words, it will be a commitment to run Hard Raid at least twice per week with this group.

Level 30's are preferred, as we already have one player at 29 and a player with an alt at 29. Not hating or discriminating on 29's, I frequently run pickup/ad-hoc hard Raids with 29's but for this group we are looking to run the content multiple times so efficiency is a factor. This would also mean having 300 weapons in each slot.

Hopefully that isn't too much to ask for regarding a weekly Hard group of Gaffers. I was mildly criticized in the past for asking for 30s so I would like to point out again I'm not discriminating, we already have some 29 players so the highest level players with alts and the ability to commit will get priority.

We could possibly start tonight.

I am one of these unfortunate 29's. If anybody here has played with me, you know there's no need to worry about the luggage :p

If I have done the hard raid for the week will I still get loot (boss kills) from the normal? As i remember you only get the chest's once?

I can confirm 6 ass shards on hard as opposed to 3 on Normal. Working as intended

I believe you could get the "exotic" chest on both runs, though. The one immediately after dropping down to the Labyrinth from the Bloom room at Templar.

rNilla

Assuming you had neither one, that's a damn great haul from the weekly, hooboy.

Nope, and I have two level 29 characters that they will fit perfectly!

I guess that's one way to answer my complaints about a lack of raid gear (but still doesn't get anyone to 30).

not all of them. after doong the 26 raid on saturday, I went back in for the 30 on sunday. 1st chest was empty, but I got shards (it's always shards for me) from the "exotic weapon chest" at the start of the gorgon maze.

You only get that twice if you do normal first though.

Dave_6

If you got up to 440 you can finish it, you are so close. If you find yourself in a match where you are going way too negative just leave that match and find a new one.

I know. I just get so focused on using ONLY a void weapon that I end up doing worse just running around the entire map with a fusion rifle or a shotty.

someday

Banned
I'll jump in
Thanks again!
Got any room?

Sorry about that. Someone else from my friend's list joined up so we got it. I have to do it one more time but not til later today. Taking a break now. I'll add you and feel free to jump in if you see me doing it.

I got a different exotic bounty today though. It was called "A Clot of Darkness" and it was for the Invective. All I had to do was go to Ikora Ray, then buy a bunch of special armor packs from the gunsmith, then return to Ikora Ray. She gave me the shotty. I've done the other version of the Invective bounty but never seen this before. Anyone else notice these?

Hoodbury

Ive gotten the caterpillar error about 20 times today.. anyone else having these issues? 360 here.

I haven't gotten an error code in the last 3 weeks. I use to get 10+ a night before that. Then all of a sudden last night I got 2 Beavers and a Bee again. So frustrating.

Angry Guy

Anyone know this?

Adding to this question, I saw this on reddit:

xx - NOTE: The Left Gorgon's Labyrinth Chest is the only chest in the raid that can be looted TWICE per mode in the reset week. If you get the chest on Normal first, it will be loot able again on Hard. Double Loot if you've gotten most HM drops and are running NM for Normal drops!

So obviously you can loot it twice, but what I'm wondering is: Does it behave like two separate chest spawns you can loot twice for more chances at an exotic, as long as you grab it on normal first, or does it work like the checkpoint drops where if you grab it on Hard first you get the drops for normal as well? Does grabbing it on hard first despawn it on normal and nix your extra roll?

Hey all!
Getting a late start but I need to run Nightfall with all 3 of my Guardians. PSN/PS4 Nick_or_Dawood

(2) Level 28/29 Warlocks
1 Level 27 Titan

Yep, absolutely agree. Until I got my hands on a void shotgun, I was legitimately hating playing Crucible. Every death frustrated me more - swear it took a year off my life...

Hoodbury

I know. I just get so focused on using ONLY a void weapon that I end up doing worse just running around the entire map with a fusion rifle or a shotty.

I hated it too. I ended up getting the Epilogue AR the week after I completed it which I thought would have helped a lot. I ended up getting the bounty again and thought I'd give it a try now that I have the Epilogue but that thing hits like a paintball gun. So I switched back to my void fusion rifle and was able to finish it all in one night.

The first time through really gave me practice with it, second time after I completed that part I abandoned the bounty, heh. Didn't feel like going through the Strike part for a second one.

Got Apotheosis Veil from the nightfall but it only has +90 Disco. Also i don't really want to replace my Heart of the Praxic Fire but i may be forced to if i get the raid chest :/

Finished Invective Bounty today. Much easier than Bad juju and Thorn.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor

Yeah I agree as well. I felt forced to not play with friends in crucible several times because I had that bounty with me and if I wasn't doing well I would be losing progress. I found that playing Control was horrible for me and that's what friends were playing.
Everything changed when I decided to try a level 20 rare fusion rifle. I had a maxed out Wizard77 that I had been using and doing horrible with. Figured why not try a rare weapon with a quicker charge rate to see how things go. Started my first match with a 10 kill streak!! 5 matches later I had the final 180pts for the bounty and I've never looked back.

Shouldn't have worked that way. Not at all.

The same thing happened on Templar to someone who was in my hard mode raid last week, I think it's a bug.

Hmm... I dunno. I got two things as well for Templar. Don't remember if I got 6 ass or 3 though.

Adding to this question, I saw this on reddit:

xx - NOTE: The Left Gorgon's Labyrinth Chest is the only chest in the raid that can be looted TWICE per mode in the reset week. If you get the chest on Normal first, it will be loot able again on Hard. Double Loot if you've gotten most HM drops and are running NM for Normal drops!

So obviously you can loot it twice, but what I'm wondering is: Does it behave like two separate chest spawns you can loot twice for more chances at an exotic, as long as you grab it on normal first, or does it work like the checkpoint drops where if you grab it on Hard first you get the drops for normal as well? Does grabbing it on hard first despawn it on normal and nix your extra roll?

I also would like the answer to this

Deku Tree

Forming a weekly Hard Raid group and need 3 more. Since this will be a regular meeting and not a pick-up game, we are looking for the following:

Available weekdays around 9:30pm Eastern, 8:30pm Central, 6:30pm Pacific or equivalent time in other parts of the world. Being available on the weekends will also help if we need to reconvene or if someone in the group has to postpone.

Looking for players with alts to run the Raid with each character. Please have at least one leveled alt, having 2 alts is ideal. In other words, it will be a commitment to run Hard Raid at least twice per week with this group.

Level 30's are preferred, as we already have one player at 29 and a player with an alt at 29. Not hating or discriminating on 29's, I frequently run pickup/ad-hoc hard Raids with 29's but for this group we are looking to run the content multiple times so efficiency is a factor. This would also mean having 300 weapons in each slot.

Hopefully that isn't too much to ask for regarding a weekly Hard group of Gaffers. I was mildly criticized in the past for asking for 30s so I would like to point out again I'm not discriminating, we already have some 29 players so the highest level players with alts and the ability to commit will get priority.

Did you fill up already? Didn't read whole thread yet... I would be interested to get in on this on the regular possibly. Have 2x lvl 30 warlocks. Lots of maxed weapons. I did 2x hard raid with you on Friday. I also have a level 27 Titan who is not quite ready for the hard raid... But does the normal raid... Not sure I can start tonight though.

time to finish off Invictive and Pocket Infiinty bounties this week. I already have one Invective, I decided to accept a 2nd because I like it.

Killing 200 enemies in Nightfall with Fusion Rifle was rough on Mars, so I decided to hold off on it for this week and it will be more doable against the Fallen IMO

Yeah I agree as well. I felt forced to not play with friends in crucible several times because I had that bounty with me and if I wasn't doing well I would be losing progress. I found that playing Control was horrible for me and that's what friends were playing.
Everything changed when I decided to try a level 20 rare fusion rifle. I had a maxed out Wizard77 that I had been using and doing horrible with. Figured why not try a rare weapon with a quicker charge rate to see how things go. Started my first match with a 10 kill streak!! 5 matches later I had the final 180pts for the bounty and I've never looked back.

Shouldn't have worked that way. Not at all.

If anyone is finding this difficult they could take a fireteam into rumble and kill them over and over again for points.

I was a Voidwalker warlock with a good void fusion rifle, machine gun and Atheon's epilogue. Easiet part of the bounty when I did it.

time to finish off Invictive and Pocket Infiinty bounties this week. I already have one Invective, I decided to accept a 2nd because I like it.

Killing 200 enemies in Nightfall with Fusion Rifle was rough on Mars, so I decided to hold off on it for this week and it will be more doable against the Fallen IMO

Don't bother doing the actual strike. Head into the first darkness zone then back out and make your way to the nexus strike. Level 28 enemies and no getting sent back to orbit :)

Edit: oops double post sorry

I'm looking forward to jumping back into Destiny. I tried out Advanced Warfare the other day, and although I'm a HUGE fan of COD4 and MW2, I find AW to be absolutely terrible. Destiny's mutliplayer isn't anything to write home about, but I just got to level 28 so I still have the Raid open to me as a first timer.

Plus, screwing around with friends in single-player is always fun.

Don't bother doing the actual strike. Head into the first darkness zone then back out and make your way to the nexus strike. Level 28 enemies and no getting sent back to orbit :)

Edit: oops double post sorry

Wait, can you explain this a bit more? That's the next step of the bounty for me. So you're saying to enter a Darkness Zone in a Nightfall, then exit to orbit and begin a Nexus strike? That works?

milkham

I have a 30 hunter and time shouldn't be a problem but my 2 other characters have been stuck at 29 for quite a while

MADGAME

Did you fill up already? Didn't read whole thread yet... I would be interested to get in on this on the regular possibly. Have 2x lvl 30 warlocks. Lots of maxed weapons. I did 2x hard raid with you on Friday. I also have a level 27 Titan who is not quite ready for the hard raid... But does the normal raid... Not sure I can start tonight though.

I have a 30 hunter and time shouldn't be a problem but my 2 other characters have been stuck at 29 for quite a while

Sure guys, Let's do it.

Milkham, send me a FR when you get a chance. PSN same as GAF

matmanx1

If anyone is finding this difficult they could take a fireteam into rumble and kill them over and over again for points.

I was a Voidwalker warlock with a good void fusion rifle, machine gun and Atheon's epilogue. Easiet part of the bounty when I did it.

While that is true I really don't want to cheese the bounty by having my friends die over and over for me. It's just a personal thing.

And yeah, as a Warlock you have it good, especially if you have AE. And as a Titan, at least I have sticky grenades. I get some fun kills with those!

Dave_6

I don't have much farther to go so I'd be up for this if a couple of folks wouldn't mind! :) It would save me some frustration lol.

It would be very helpful if I had a Void primary but I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom