• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can some people check something out for me, I just tried changing the time to force the no people glitch (put time back a week or whatever and see no one else in game, plus see what was for sale at that point in time, can't buy only look).

I thought I'd see what happened with strikes. Tried getting into 3 (map only doesn't seem to work through playlist) and I was solo every time. But, I'm in Australia and it may be a bit early for many people to be around, or it could just mean people aren't choosing these strikes from the map as they are going for the higher level strike playlist. Anyone in a busy area able to see if it works? Could be a good way to run strikes solo if it works. Also if you change the time back to normal mid game it may give a network error.

tmac456

good ol nightfall and good ol RNG

get the same exotic hunter helmet that i just bought from Xur

i've yet to get a great nightfall reward

Wait, can you explain this a bit more? That's the next step of the bounty for me. So you're saying to enter a Darkness Zone in a Nightfall, then exit to orbit and begin a Nexus strike? That works?

For the PI bounty? Don't even have to go to the darkness zone. Load up the NF and go right until u hit the Academy. Make your way to that big library room and a bunch of Level 28 Vex and Fallen will be in there. Take em out go through the library out into the courtyard area where there are more fallen and vex. Go into to the building on the left where the Fallen Capts are standing guard. Inside clean out the level 28 mobs then back out and stay left again. Go in the next building wipe out level 28mobs then back to the library and repeat until u have all your kills. No worring about going back to orbit for dying.

Oh yeah, psn is toasty_T. I wanna run it with my 29 Titan, got the other 2 classes at 30 so I don't raid with them anymore. I can switch if we're desperate for a 30 though.

Sullichin

Ok, I know dismantling a fresh one doesn't give energy, but does anyone know if dismantling a fully upgraded 300/300 Timurs Lash will give ascendant energy when dismantled?

Killed by a fucking Dreg in the nightfall, and I was probably 5 sniper rounds away from killing the priest.

Goddamn I hate lightswitch soooo much.

Yeah lightswtich sucks. I got killed by Dreg as well. Lightswitch is what makes me want to hide under the platform cause you don't see those Dregs coming and all they have to do is touch you and you're dead

just got hard light, destiny has been kind

Got my third one this week :( It's not the best weapon but it's an exotic so it's definitely interesting

patchday

I'm looking forward to jumping back into Destiny. I tried out Advanced Warfare the other day, and although I'm a HUGE fan of COD4 and MW2, I find AW to be absolutely terrible. Destiny's mutliplayer isn't anything to write home about, but I just got to level 28 so I still have the Raid open to me as a first timer.

Plus, screwing around with friends in single-player is always fun.

Wait, can you explain this a bit more? That's the next step of the bounty for me. So you're saying to enter a Darkness Zone in a Nightfall, then exit to orbit and begin a Nexus strike? That works?

Interesting. I love CoD AW so far. Just finished the SP campaign and had a lot of fun. But never played previous CoD games. Only purchased that game for scifi fps themes.

Whats the consensus on Proxima Centuri II ? It's a Scout Rifle i just got given from a rep reward...

Now that i've unlocked the Thorns DoT i'm starting to like it more. The fast aim is a must though for me so i lose out on the range/recoil perks.

Bad Juju is still a PoS.

I'm looking forward to jumping back into Destiny. I tried out Advanced Warfare the other day, and although I'm a HUGE fan of COD4 and MW2, I find AW to be absolutely terrible. Destiny's mutliplayer isn't anything to write home about, but I just got to level 28 so I still have the Raid open to me as a first timer.

Plus, screwing around with friends in single-player is always fun.

No not quite. You got the first part right, but you don't need to quit to orbit. Just exit the cave then make your with your sparrow to shattered coast.

Someone said you don't need to initiate darkness zone but I've never tried without. Either way, once you get to shatter coast, go into the glow in the dark underground cave which leads you to the courtyard. There should be 28 enemies all over where missions or strike would take place

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Whats the consensus on Proxima Centuri II ? It's a Scout Rifle i just got given from a rep reward...

Now that i've unlocked the Thorns DoT i'm starting to like it more. The fast aim is a must though for me so i lose out on the range/recoil perks.

Bad Juju is still a PoS.
By and large, most of the Scout rifles in the game are decent but REALLY dependent on good perks. When you get a reward like that, they are randomly rolled. Which does yours have?

By and large, most of the Scout rifles in the game are decent but REALLY dependent on good perks. When you get a reward like that, they are randomly rolled. Which does yours have?

Nothing exciting i'm afraid, Radar when ADS and Random bullet does considerable bonus damage per mag.

Could be a good PvP weapon i guess, although gonna be hard to give up the Thorn.

Good hard raid today!

Fatebringer (finally!!!)
Found Verdict
Helmet and Gauntlets x2 for Level 29 Hunter (just need boots)
Timebreaker
Shards and Energy

Now let's see how it goes for my Level 30 Titan with my raid group Wednesday. Need to get my Level 24 Warlock to at least 26 ASAP!

zenbot

How well balanced does everyone feels the maps are for Control?

I think the capture points in Twilight Gap, Exodus Blue, & Firebase Delphi are pretty well placed. Blind Watch & Shores of Time I think strongly favour whoever holds B & C (Shores of Time particularly because you can hop between those two structures at the back of the map to get reasonable views of both B & C). I prefer to hold A & B in Rusted Lands, but I'm not sure if that's because it's unbalanced; I just personally hate capturing C.

I'm omitting the big maps from my reckoning because I just hate them.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nothing exciting i'm afraid, Radar when ADS and Random bullet does considerable bonus damage per mag.

Could be a good PvP weapon i guess, although gonna be hard to give up the Thorn.
that's rough, yeah. Radar while ads is great but the other mod is only very beneficial with a low clip which got generally don't want on a scout
then again it has a pretty great rof. It's worth giving a shot in the crucible but yes obviously it can't compete with Thorn

I just started the cinematic credits to see what they were like.

Can't skip them.

I should've known better.

Fuck.

that's rough, yeah. Radar while ads is great but the other mod is only very beneficial with a low clip which got generally don't want on a scout
then again it has a pretty great rof. It's worth giving a shot in the crucible but yes obviously it can't compete with Thorn

Yeah i'll probably give it a bash and see how things go. Will do for now until i get VoC ;)

NastyBook

I just started the cinematic credits to see what they were like.

Can't skip them.

I should've known better.

Fuck.
LMAO! Damn, I want to Raid right now, but if it goes on for too long, I might miss the Flash. I'll have to be patient and wait. Nightfall's doable, though, so if anbody's about to do that, holler at me.

How well balanced does everyone feels the maps are for Control?

I think the capture points in Twilight Gap, Exodus Blue, & Firebase Delphi are pretty well placed. Blind Watch & Shores of Time I think strongly favour whoever holds B & C (Shores of Time particularly because you can hop between those two structures at the back of the map to get reasonable views of both B & C). I prefer to hold A & B in Rusted Lands, but I'm not sure if that's because it's unbalanced; I just personally hate capturing C.

I'm omitting the big maps from my reckoning because I just hate them.

Capturing B on Blind Watch can be such a clusterfuck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom