• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zocano

I'm at the last part of the Nightfall.

Got 2 spots for anyone that wants to hop in and kill the fool.

edit: Will wait a few minutes before I start.

PSN is Zocano.

edit: Full up, sorry guys.

CLBridges

Hard raid down-Fatebringer, Ass and Aspect of Glass lol. Can't be mad at RNG since no Vex still since it did bless me to reach 30. Gonna level up Fatebringer and see if it's any good.

nowai

Hard raid down-Fatebringer, Ass and Aspect of Glass lol. Can't be mad at RNG since no Vex still since it did bless me to reach 30. Gonna level up Fatebringer and see if it's any good.

Wat8.jpg

Ganhyun

I have a lovely new problem.

Now, if I connect to Destiny, within 5-10 minutes of playing I "disconnect from xbox live" and get booted. When I leave the game, I am reconnected. Other games are not doing this. Seriously WTF....

Swag

Nothing but Ascendant Shards and Energies from the raid, and an aspect of glass on my hunter. Got every raid armor on my Titan and a timebreaker, he's level 30, fml.

patchday

Finished the raid with 25 ass shards lol

Tempted to invest my shards into more Light on my L29 characters. If I could just take one more hit from a L30 Praetorian it would be worth it. I know the common wisdom is to not waste shards on non-raid/exotics but it might be worth it if it makes my Titan tougher. Just pisses me off my L29 Titan can't fight a Praetorian upclose (unless its blinded by my Helm of Light-14 lol)

X-Frame

It's my go to legendary primary.

Explosive rounds are outstanding in PvP for disrupting player's view and the Outlaw perk is invaluable.

I tried using explosive rounds on a hand cannon and a scout rifle in PvP, and it seems like the costs outweigh the benefits to me. I'm sure those on the receiving end were annoyed, but cutting my damage in half to them is a big deal for firefights. I ended up losing more than I would have liked, and switched back to a non-explosive round perk and instantly did better.

Maybe it's just me.

Cømet

Banned
Woot woot, gotta Mythoclast and titan helmet from latest raid, finally gonna hit 30! Feeling a little more legendary.

Just Jellohorn and Hawkmoon to go to complete my collection, and get my Hunter to 30. Oh yeah, and raid boots for my Warlock....frigging gloves again.

Deku Tree

Tempted to invest my shards into more Light on my L29 characters. If I could just take one more hit from a L30 Praetorian it would be worth it. I know the common wisdom is to not waste shards on non-raid/exotics but it might be worth it if it makes my Titan tougher. Just pisses me off my L29 Titan can't fight a Praetorian upclose (unless its blinded by my Helm of Light-14 lol)

Wait you think having more light beyond 109 but less than 120 gives you more defense? Any evidence of that?

Sullichin

I tried using explosive rounds on a hand cannon and a scout rifle in PvP, and it seems like the costs outweigh the benefits to me. I'm sure those on the receiving end were annoyed, but cutting my damage in half to them is a big deal for firefights. I ended up losing more than I would have liked, and switched back to a non-explosive round perk and instantly did better.

Maybe it's just me.

Same here, both in PVE and PVP I don't feel like explosive rounds are worth it.

Seriously ....FUCK....THIS...GAME.

8 VoC
5 Raid Chest
5 Raid Boots
4 Corrective Measure
3 Praedyths Revenge
3 Mythoclast
3 Found Verdict

Still not a single pair of Gloves or Helmet. This is not RNG, this next level trolling.

Whoever came up with leveling based on RNG is an idiot. I got to 30 fairly quick but I can imagine how frustrating it must be. It's just absurd really

ocean

Banned
Wait you think having more light beyond 109 but less than 120 gives you more defense? Any evidence of that?

Well the Defense stat increases along with Light on armor as you upgrade it. I just don't know how much of a difference it'll actually make when the level penalty against a level 30 enemy is so high anyways.

todd360

Fig my sister got exotic warlock helmet from nightfall on her hunter. If she got heart of praxic Fire I might not ever talk to her again.

spyder_ur

Great - we've run something together before, I think... The final piece of the Thorn bounty?

8:30PM EST Normal VoG.

1) scarletham
2) hoodbury
3) spyder_ur
4) X-Frame
5) Fixed
6) a_javierp

Could use a few people for alt slots. I know that X-Frame is tentative.

We still on for this?

Dude at the very least it's a freaking hand cannon with arc damage. Why don't you use it in nightfall and see if it any good ;)

phen0m24

Any of you GAFers streaming while you're Nightfalling or raiding? I'm sitting here in a hotel with my little guy asleep and having DWS - Destiny Withdrawal Syndrome.
(it's real)

Vita won't connect well enough to RP. Would love to watch you guys crush it!

Peace

Glenn

PSN ColonelOCorn

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's just a side effect, or the main effect depending on how you look at it. think about it, how did you get more light? upgraded defense on your armor

patchday

No :(

Just blind & naive hope

It would stand to reason that adding on more light increases defense & armor. But I might be totally off there. The way the ingame ui talks about Light it gave me that impression

Anything after a flawless would be tough - congrats on that, by the way!
Thanks man! It's more of the random friends of friends are constantly annoying with thier banter and not listening to the plan. Honesty it's prob the banter that drove me crazy lol
Edit: it's just the banter, not listening, constantly question "why x happens", thier whining, overall tone and attitude. Plus if you ever played with me, I have a thick asain accent. I tend to do my best to be clear and prevent any types of misunderstanding. Those type of players that mock me just because of that as well. So yeah I felt the raids went sour for myself just because of those combinations of events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom