• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

maomaoIYP

I see the stranger's rifle like, a lot, in the Crucible. Is there something I'm missing? Is it awesome?
I'll keep saying this because most people don't seem to get it, it's the best Pulse Rifle for the Crucible.
If you compare it with all the legendary Pulse rifles that are sold, Red Death and randomly obtained rares you will notice that there are three patterns for Pulse rifles:
Slower ROF, lower stability, higher impact (Red death, Fair and square etc)
Higher ROF, higher stability, lower impact (Bad seed down, The Strangers Rifle etc)
Extreme ROF, lower stability, piss impact (rares)
The Strangers Rifle allows you to pick two perks which increase stability substantially (93 out of 100), while none of the other legendaries being sold have fitted stock.
This means that even when shooting across most maps that isn't Bastion or First Light, all three shots in a burst are head shots. To kill you need 2 bursts at the head, 1 at the body, which similar to hand cannons, the only difference is that chance for you to completely miss all three bullets in a burst are lower than you missing a single shot from a hand cannon.
It also has the best (and unique) iron sights for all pulse rifles, and due to the way head shots work in Bungie's games, the lowered zoom helps get head shots and you don't have to sacrifice visibility.
It allows me to out-shoot snipers and Suros Regime players. At closer ranges it'll lose out to assault rifles, but at that range that's what shotguns and fusion rifles are for.

Having terrible luck with raid drops. Think I need to do a normal first to shake up the roll. :)

Anyone starting one and needing a 30 Titan?

I'd love to, but I'm not sure how long it'll be until I get the tv from the wife. If anyone sees me on tonight, I'll be down to raid. I may knock it some bounties/public events while I wait. I think I'm like 5 shards away from 30 on my Hunter.

I think it's an appropriate place to rant. :) I play with people from so many different countries that I barely notice accents anymore (Japan, Belgium, England, Scotland, Australia, the exotic land of Canada, etc.). Honestly it's one of the coolest parts of online gaming communities like this.
Agreed :)

Hey flawless raiders from last night/this morning here is the last part of our raid from my POV. Would have liked to have recorded the whole thing.

Anyways, let's play: Count the "O Shit" Moments!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEn113Ydq8c

Those praetorians are really out to get you.

EL CUCO

First Nightfall gave me Final Rest II Void Fusion Rifle.

I'm sure I can put this to good use. I needed a Void Fusion :)

Ateron

So, what's the best way to try to get some exotic weapons other than the nightfall?

Last three I did (with both my chars) I got a Mask of the Third Man (already had one) and a Devil You Know on the second char (lol.)

The week after, Bad Seed Down on one char, Monte Carlo on the second (its pretty useless on any scenario, let's be real here).

This week, after soloing it twice, got a wonderful Hide and Seek (or 2 ascendant energies, like I usually say) and on the second char I got 8 fucking ass-shards to complement my 82 shard (and growing) collection.

The useless grinding is starting to get to me. I need better methods of getting good stuff. It's kinda ridiculous that after working your way through nightfall strikes with all that bs you only get vanguard weapons that you can buy anyway (and the ones I got had no differing perks, mind you).

Still trying my luck at getting a Hawkmoon and Horn, even though Last Word will always be my favourite. Two of my friends got a Hawkmoon each on two of the nightfalls I helped them get through. Two in two nightfalls. It's like the game is toying with me. And one of them doesn't even use it! ffffffffff-

Seriously, get that vanguard/dead orbit/whatever legendaries the fuck outta of nightfall rewards. You can buy them easily,it's not exactly thrilling to get a DYN when you already got 2. I would have prefered 8 energies, if it has to be.

Should I stick to pvp and pray something drops? Do I have a better chance there? Any game mode that hands out better rewards more often? One thing I´ve noticed is that usually bottom players usually get better rewards. Should I strive for last place? Seriously, this is one messed up system. Having to wait another week for 2 more chances to roll the dice. It's what it has come down to.

/sadface

So when we did our Wednesday raid last week, Hoodbury and Narmer were trying to get to the far off ledges after the jumping puzzle.

GUYS? Just saw this on Destiny forum. CHECK IT OUT.

What happens when you try to cleanse a Gorgon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nst7XXr_dHU&feature=youtu.be

I can't watch with sound right now, but what did any of that cleansing/relic supering accomplish? It just seemed like the Gorgon wiped the team like normal. What did I miss?

A couple days ago I spent a good hour+ exploring by myself in the Gorgon maze/jumping area with the portal. I believe there are still more secrets to uncover... somehow. It can't be just coincidence that the glass throne door opens during GK phase.

phen0m24

I can't watch with sound right now, but what did any of that cleansing/relic supering accomplish? It just seemed like the Gorgon wiped the team like normal. What did I miss?

A couple days ago I spent a good hour+ exploring by myself in the Gorgon maze/jumping area with the portal. I believe there are still more secrets to uncover... somehow. It can't be just coincidence that the glass throne door opens during GK phase.

Hey Dr D - accomplished precious little - I mean, I was more impressed that he made it back to the maze - that was a lot of jumping. And when they wiped they went back to where they were.

Does dancing in front of the door really cause it to open? That's one I was scratching my head at.

Mupod

why the hell would it give me a bounty for a mode called 'salvage' that apparently is not even in the game right now?

also getting real sick of the matchmaking, this shit is broken. Puts all the low levels on the same team every time. 8 matches and only 1 win so far, everything is just a complete unfair steamroll.

Hey Dr D - accomplished precious little - I mean, I was more impressed that he made it back to the maze - that was a lot of jumping. And when they wiped they went back to where they were.

Does dancing in front of the door really cause it to open? That's one I was scratching my head at.

Yeah, it was definitely cool just to see where he could get with it. I really want to mess around with the relic sometime. I want to try and reach that flat ledge off in the distance that you can see from the portal in the jumping area. Probably just a kill zone or invisible wall, but still...

Dancing doesn't do anything though, haha. The door always opens after a few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom