• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
OK all my characters are going to rep Dead Orbit until that sexy dark shader drops for me. I saw a guy using it and am so so jealous now :(

Revenant.

I got Corrective Measure yesterday and I guess I have my pvp build complete now.

Sunsinger Warlock
2 Fusion Grenades(the sticky nates) + Voidfang Vestments(respawn with full grenade energy) + some legendary gauntlets that increase my grenade throwing distance.

Primary: The Last Word
Special: Invisible Hand M7
Heavy: Corrective Measure

That build is the best for short to medium range.
The Last Word is the best primary weapon for pvp imo.
Invisible Hand is the best legendary shotgun if you ask me. Because of the fire rate, reload speed and range after the upgrade.
Corrective measure just wrecks everything, I got a 15 kill streak with it yesterday. I never got a 15 kill streak with a single weapon before, let alone a heavy weapon. And it isn't even fully upgraded yet.

And the amount of grenade kills I get is ridiculous.
Once you get the hang of it every grenade is a guaranteed kill basically, everytime you respawn you have two and with the increased throw distance you can kill targets pretty far away.

LordofPwn

Anything after a flawless would be tough - congrats on that, by the way!
Speaking of which, I'm uploading the 2nd half of our successful run as we speak. You can watch as I almost die, more than I would have liked. Also iRAWR cleaned up on that run, stole all my kills.
Photo%20Nov%2011%2C%205%2031%2042%20PM.png

coy

OK all my characters are going to rep Dead Orbit until that sexy dark shader drops for me. I saw a guy using it and am so so jealous now :(

Revenant.

Ever since learning of Revenant and spreading the gospel, my friends and I all sport Dead Orbit items. My main is only at rank 5 so this will be a marathon but worth it.

Fun raid there guys! Some funny shit, especially at the end :p

Didn't get anything worthwhile though. Got boots and gloves which i already have, although the stats look better on the new items god dammit :I

LordofPwn

Plus if you ever played with me, I have a thick asain accent. I tend to do my best to be clear and prevent any types of misunderstanding. Those type of players that mock me just because of that as well.

Wait... You have an Asian accent? Honestly couldn't tell at all, unless you weren't talking at all last 2 nights? And those that mock you are dicks, don't let them get to you.

phen0m24

Yeah that's what I've done so far. I think by this weekend I'll hit 20. I have an Exotic Helm, Gauntlets and 2 Chests waiting for him, along with purple Boots and Chest.

Leveled my sunbro-ette quickly (2 days) by playing the missions on harder settings and by ruthlessly patrolling (come on now, I hit the Hive Room (TM) HARD). But I had the exotic chest (Praxic) waiting along with all the leveled weapons in the vault. So she's 28 now.

I think I hit 20 before even getting to Mars.

Need one for hard raid starting now. I'd prefer 30, but I'll take a 29. It's me (30) and a bunch of 29s, and it's our first try on hard, so it might not be the smoothest, but any help is appreciated.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

Rubenov

Looking for 2 Level 30s to join 4 other Level 30s for a hard raid speed run. Send FR.

PSN: Rubenov25

Edit: Need 1 more.

Edit: Full

Edit: it's just the banter, not listening, constantly question "why x happens", thier whining, overall tone and attitude. Plus if you ever played with me, I have a thick asain accent. I tend to do my best to be clear and prevent any types of misunderstanding. Those type of players that mock me just because of that as well. So yeah I felt the raids went sour for myself just because of those combinations of events.

Damn, sorry to hear that. Really lame, although stuff like that happens way too often in my experience with randoms. Thankfully I don't have to deal with crap like that, but I can relate to the sinking feeling of being stuck on a bad team with a bad attitude.

I helped a team finish their first normal raid a few days ago and today they wanted me to carry them past hard GKs. Using terrible weapons (rare rocket launcher...?), screwing around, complaining and not listening, etc. Dude trying to tell me my GK strat wouldn't work... when they had never cleared hard raid, smh. At this point there are so many Gaffers and people I "know" who want to play that I just won't waste my time with stuff like that anymore.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
sunsette?

Dude we need to do warlock NF or Heroic again - I need to level up the Void-sis? hahaha
posted mid sentence lol, edited.

yeah warlock nightfall is excellent stuff. i need to unlock blink on voidwalker to be able to use the relic well again :|

MildSoss

Damn, sorry to hear that. Really lame, although stuff like that happens way too often in my experience with randoms. Thankfully I don't have to deal with crap like that, but I can relate to the sinking feeling of being stuck on a bad team with a bad attitude.

I helped a team finish their first normal raid a few days ago and today they wanted me to carry them past hard GKs. Using terrible weapons (rare rocket launcher...?), screwing around, complaining and not listening, etc. Dude trying to tell me my GK strat wouldn't work... when they had never cleared hard raid, smh. At this point there are so many Gaffers and people I "know" who want to play that I just won't waste my team with stuff like that anymore.

This is a reason why I never go on sites life LFG or try to pick up randoms in the tower. Every activity that requires a group i always hit up Gaf. This place seems to have the nicest and most respectful people in my experience with Destiny.

the fuck, seriously? damn that's uncool
Yeah maybe wrong place to rant :p my apologizes for derailing the thread a little bit.
Wait... You have an Asian accent? Honestly couldn't tell at all, unless you weren't talking at all last 2 nights? And those that mock you are dicks, don't let them get to you.
Yep I called out minotaurs, praetorians and mention I was going last for the jumping section. But yeah I wont let it get to me, just frustrating when it happens.

I helped a team finish their first normal raid a few days ago and today they wanted me to carry them past hard GKs. Using terrible weapons (rare rocket launcher...?), screwing around, complaining and not listening, etc. Dude trying to tell me my GK strat wouldn't work... when they had never cleared hard raid, smh. At this point there are so many Gaffers and people I "know" who want to play that I just won't waste my time with stuff like that anymore.
I understand that feeling, I like helping my fellow gaffers and my rl life. I didn't expect that coming since I was playing with a random dude who was my friend's friends random dude he added online, that's a mouthful.

TONIGHTFALL

I'll be running the nightfall and 28 weekly on my 2 chars for the next few hours. If you see me playing and a spot open feel free to join in.

Ps4: MrChowderClam.

BadAss2961

No one wants to do a normal atheon real quick? Did this whole fucking raid but kept getting booted from the game once we switched lineups.

This is a reason why I never go on sites life LFG or try to pick up randoms in the tower. Every activity that requires a group i always hit up Gaf. This place seems to have the nicest and most respectful people in my experience with Destiny.

Yeah, true for me as well. I haven't had 100% success with Gaffers but pretty darn close. All of the thread regulars here that I've played with are good people.

Yeah maybe wrong place to rant :p my apologizes for derailing the thread a little bit.
Yep I called out minotaurs, praetorians and mention I was going last for the jumping section. But yeah I wont let it get to me, just frustrating when it happens.

I think it's an appropriate place to rant. :) I play with people from so many different countries that I barely notice accents anymore (Japan, Belgium, England, Scotland, Australia, the exotic land of Canada, etc.). Honestly it's one of the coolest parts of online gaming communities like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom