• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jito

Banned
Guess I'm the only person who reads the news updates

"We’re inbound with several bundles of joy in our hold. They’ll land in the weeks to come."

I assumed they meant at least something this week. And yeh downtime tomorrow guys, check bungie.net

Deku Tree

Wow, what an amazing week of loot:

Nightfall
-The Last Word
-Hard Light
-Crest of Alpha Lupi - Hunter

Raid
-Last Verdict
-Fatebringer
-Hunter Raid Helmet and Gauntlets (just need boots to get my Level 29 hunter to 30)

Crap ton of coins, mats and duplicate items for my alts like timebreakers and vision of confluence. Still need to run the hard raid for my Level 30 Titan and normal raid for my newly Level 26 Warlock. Come in Vex!!!

Congrats man! I was happy to get the helm saint 14.

KeRaSh

Ran the Nightfall twice with my brother yesterday.

First run: He got Hawkmoon while I got 10 coins... I have 0 kills with hand cannons in Destiny in about 100 hours or playtime but I was still kind of jealous. Well, at least I got 10 coins and not just 5.

Second run: He got nothing because he only has one character and I got a second Suros with my alt. It's not a Gjallarhorn but it's better than nothing!
Now I only need a second Ice Breaker and Shadow Price so I can stop switching stuff back and forth between my characters.

coy

This is definitely my best day in terms of loot. Went with GAFfers and got Fatebringer and FV. I am a HC fan which is all that needs to be said. I joined friends afterwards for a normal run with an alt Titan. This time, I got CM a dupe PR, AE, and HAWKMOON! I let out a loud "oh shit" when it appeared ain't gonna lie. Alongside Thorn, the collection is shaping up nicely.

I am Handcannon complete.

Hawkmoon
The Last Word
Fatebringer
The Devil You Know

Working on the Thorn bounty now too. I got TLW from the Nightfall today and Fatebringer from the Hard Raid this morning.

Nice! I got my TLW last night in NF, so now I have the TDYK, HM, Thorn and TLW...just need Fatebringer. Good luck on the Thorn bounty. I ended up soloing Xyor at the end. :D

How did you do this? I can't get him (her?) to spawn from the cheese spot.

Xyor actually spawns from the drop ships that show up at the back of the room (I wanna say the 3rd drop ship. So if you stay too far back in the cheese area, sometimes wizards just keep spawning from the caves/doors closest to the cheese. So you keep killing them but not the adds you need to kill to bring out the next drop ship, if that makes sense. You may need to run outside a bit and make sure the drop ships are coming.

How did you do this? I can't get him (her?) to spawn from the cheese spot.

Kind of how you would normally cheese Phogoth, run to the door and snipe as many foes as you can before ducking back to safety while the shrieker has a hissy fit. It sounds like it would be a painstaking endeavour but it really didn't take that long nor was it too hard. The only dodgy part is when enemies are tucked away close to the drop that leads to Phosgoth's level. If you're a hunter, stealth up and go see where they are and try and burn em down asap, then back to business as usual. Xyor comes on the 3rd dropship IIRC. I hope this helps, good luck!

Xyor actually spawns from the drop ships that show up at the back of the room (I wanna say the 3rd drop ship. So if you stay too far back in the cheese area, sometimes wizards just keep spawning from the caves/doors closest to the cheese. So you keep killing them but not the adds you need to kill to bring out the next drop ship, if that makes sense. You may need to run outside a bit and make sure the drop ships are coming.

Kind of how you would normally cheese Phogoth, run to the door and snipe as many foes as you can before ducking back to safety while the shrieker has a hissy fit. It sounds like it would be a painstaking endeavour but it really didn't take that long nor was it too hard. The only dodgy part is when enemies are tucked away close to the drop that leads to Phosgoth's level. If you're a hunter, stealth up and go see where they are and try and burn em down asap, then back to business as usual. Xyor comes on the 3rd dropship IIRC. I hope this helps, good luck!
Thanks. I already have a Thorn (from doing it legit) but I can't seem to solo it. I wouldn't care but I only have one character.
Secretly hoping for dual wield.

Finally got around to creating my Hunter alt since I'm just spinning my wheels with my Titan at 29 waiting for the Raid to stop being stingy and give me gloves.

I probably should have ran the story missions for the first 5 levels or whatever. Not having your jump upgrade or super for those first few games is so miserable lol. Hunter seems pretty fun, I'm running it mostly for PVP so I'm a Bladedancer, someone give me suggestions for the best upgrades for maximum arc blade annoyance!

Rixa

Weekly and NF got me a light/beware and the calling, both legendaries I don't have that I'm interested in trying out. So good start to this week.

2nd Doctor Nope I get from a Nightfall.
Why?

Got a Shadow Price from this week's Nightfall.

I am Handcannon complete.

Hawkmoon
The Last Word
Fatebringer
The Devil You Know

Working on the Thorn bounty now too. I got TLW from the Nightfall today and Fatebringer from the Hard Raid this morning.

It's very good. Great fire rate, adequate stability and incredibly fast reload. I hear Vision of Confluence (legendary raid scout) outclasses it, but MIDA beats every legendary Scout I've tried quite handily. It's like a classier, slower Suros Regime. I hope it gets a slight buff.

8 shards from Nightfall. Ugh.
Want to knock out Raid on normal mode tonight but getting kicked to orbit constantly. I got kicked right before the reward screen on the weekly heroic... thank god I still got my coins.

If Xur doesn't have Last Word or Gjallarhorn next week...

I just got Universal Remote from nightfall!

So strange, also got universal remote in the nightfall, the third one...

Yesterday (~12h ago) I did my first Normal Raid (party levels 29, 29, 29, 29, 29, 27 me), got shards & Atheon's Epiloque (I should be happy right?).

After that raid I did my first Nightfall ever, got Venation III.

Perks for Venation are:
- Reloading this weapon after kill grants a damage bonus for a short time.
- Aiming this weapon increases its effective range.

I tried to google comments about Venation, didnt find many. So Iam asking you my fellow GAFers, is it good? Fun it surely will be.
Now I got 3 Legendary main weapons (Super Pox, AE, VIII).

LiK

Wanna carry my lvl 24 through NF right now? I suddenly woke up lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks Neo and Xcross. Nightfall was actually easier because of arc burn. The heroic took a lot longer. But dammit. I got an Arma which I already have. Everybody gets shards but me. I want shards.

Seep

I'm sure this game is trolling me 3 nightfalls done yesterday suros regime TDYK and patience and time, I have all three.

Plus the last 7 weapons and armour I've bought with marks I've gotten again in legendary engrams a day or two later.

Zakalwe

Banned
I don't think a level 24 can even start NF, can it? 3 levels below or nothing.

Boguester, I feel sufficiently rested from the ordeal. Ready if you ever need me to run some others through flawless. Just drop me a line.

Had neglected my original raid group/friends for two weeks too, needed to put some family time in.

In PvE, explosive rounds are terrible, but in the Crucible, it's an added benefit with zero downside..

Downside is you can't crit. Half damage is dealt in target, half is dealt as a mild explosion hat disrupts aim and deals minor AoE.

I'm sure they're effective if you like the playstyle but they definitely have a downside.

This game knows when I'm about to have a break from playing it for awhile.
Was playing through tiger strikes with friends when I received Multi-Tool for the first time. Now I've gotta level this up!

NeOak

Thanks Neo and Xcross. Nightfall was actually easier because of arc burn. The heroic took a lot longer. But dammit. I got an Arma which I already have. Everybody gets shards but me. I want shards.
You're welcome. Yup, it took us a long time to kill the boss without the arc burn. Sheesh.

And he's a friend of mine who popped in without notice lol.

Zakalwe

Banned
I have my Red Death half way. It feels nice just to fire, and for distance shots it can be effective, but mid to close range it's too slow even with consistent headshots.

This is in pvp.

Need to push myself to get the unique upgrade before I write it off, but after landing a Hawkmoon which is a monster from the off I'm struggling a little.

I don't think a level 24 can even start NF, can it? 3 levels below or nothing.

Boguester, I feel sufficiently rested from the ordeal. Ready if you ever need me to run some others through flawless. Just drop me a line.

Had neglected my original raid group/friends for two weeks too, needed to put some family time in.

Haha glad to hear it man. Those runs took a toll for sure but made it that much more of a relief.

I know there are some more people around here who want to do flawless so I will still be running it whenever.

Edit: full now

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You're welcome. Yup, it took us a long time to kill the boss without the arc burn. Sheesh.

And he's a friend of mine who popped in without notice lol.

And he got two legendaries while we get two rares. Oh well. There's always next time.

You want to help me get my Thorn some time? I tried doing it solo and there's no way I can do it. We have to keep Phogoth alive until it spawns. I can barely take on the regular enemies myself. Not sure what weapons to bring. Have a good assortment of legendaries and exotics but I still have yet to grasp what is more effective on what.

3 Nightfalls done.

11 ass energy
11 ass energy
5 strange coins

:/

I'll trade you my Prudence II I just got and my Arma for the energies.

I'll trade you my Prudence II I just got and my Arma for the energies.

Make it an exotic titan helmet and it's yours :D

22 ass energy isn't bad, don't need legendary weapons anyway and I would've dismantled them but 5 strange coins for completing one of the games hardest content is pretty bad.

SURELY I'LL GET GODHORN NEXT WEEK, RIGHT!!!????! RIGHT!!!!!!!!?????

Sure thing. You could even just use your main and then swap to your low level character right at the end. I will switch my guns, etc. around here in just a second.

Yep thats what I did with Johan Liebert and Random_Guy. It works well, we got an odd disconnection when I was rejoining that restarted the NF boss battle.

Steroyd

Woah. I just got a Mida multi-tool from doing a clash match. First time getting anything exciting from multiplayer. Is it good?

Not sure if it's a testament to Scout rifles in general or the MIDA Multi-tool was just that damn good, but this is what I achieved in PvP with it unupgraded.

Also holy shit this happened.

s43XJSv.jpg

So i decided to try and level my Mida tool through crucible bounties that made me do Clash and sweet mother god, I can't believe I managed this on First Light.

I'm of the opinion that First Light is absolutely dogshit for this mode because there are no focal points and the map is simply too big for team deathmatch so people are just running around doing bugger all for long periods, but somehow I racked up the kills. o_O

And also this on happened on Twlight gap I think it's called.

HMNJU3x.jpg

I was murdering it with a scout rifle, getting kills while behind the safety of my team, I've definately found a new appreciation for scout rifles now, only time I lost out to a one on one was because the other person had a goddamn vex mythclast, even then I won some bouts. ^_^

That said I still prefer AR's for modes like controls, if I'm trying to capture zones, but now I think I'm going to change my loadouts depending on the map, also I golden gunned a blade dancer, feels good man.

The caveat is that there are some maps like Blind Light where it's harder to get enough distance between you and the enemy to outdo a Auto Rifles DPS, but i still managed a 1.something KDR on those maps anyway. The MIDA also has a nice scope to get more efficient headshots and the third eye perk which I unlocked after these matches is only more helpful.

Not sure if it's a testament to Scout rifles in general or the MIDA Multi-tool was just that damn good, but this is what I achieved in PvP with it unupgraded.

The caveat is that there are some maps like Blind Light where it's harder to get enough distance between you and the enemy to outdo a Auto Rifles DPS, but i still managed a 1.something KDR on those maps anyway. The MIDA also has a nice scope to get more efficient headshots and the third eye perk which I unlocked after these matches is only more helpful.

I just got the Mida last night. I dont know if i should use it over VoC maybe in PVP but then cant use my Gallarhorn for free multikills :(

Anyway what does GaF say about the Mida, is it worth leveling?

Schwabe

reading how lucky some people are makes me laugh and cry at the same time.

i am happy if others get lucky, i also hope that some day my luck will change into the kind of luck others have ...

i got two chars, 30 warlock, 29 titan. warlock got his raid helmet 3 times (in 5 hard raids), titan got two helmets in two hard raids. i did the raid more often without getting anything, but who cares about that? RNGsus doesn't, for sure. it's clearly not the fact that i am unlucky, i just get the same things over and over again ... but things i want, fatebringer, hawkmoon, last word .... where are they?

So, lets take a look at nightfalls ... last week: coins and blue engrams, this week i did it only with my warlock yet, i got another dead-orbit pistol ... :-/

oh, speaking of pistol ... i bought the devil you know just to get the devil you know from a vanguard level-up 2 hours later.

for this week i got raid and nightfall left for the titan but i assume i'll get nothing interesting. maybe a 6th raid sniper ... or the 3rd titan helmet ...

can't wait for the dark below, the moon loves me, got more legendary engrams out of moon loot caches than anywhere else ...

thanks for listening guardians, may RNGsus be better to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom