• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cømet

Banned
I really like farming helium, its the only material that I get a joy of farming since the route is so easy and I just get my headphones and listen to some albums from my music backlog.

I hate farming spinmetal, its the worst for me.

ha see I'm the opposite, I much prefer spinmetal since it's such a small route round the rocket yards, I practically do the same!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9PpDdoWzQc

Checkit. Also just circle the big mushroom building and the surrounding areas for helium. Super easy farming route.

I know, I just find the moon so dull :/ Admittedly I've been farming archer's line, might switch it up to shroom tower for a change of scenery. Thanks for the relic route too, the one I've been using isn't particularly bountiful and takes a little time to traverse.

I see Bungie's servers are shit today. Absolutely fine yesterday, total shit today. Once I've played through the two DLC's I've paid for I'm through with this game and I'm NEVER buying another online only game again.

I agree that once games need to be online, then the service its on, needs to be 100% working all the time. NO DOWN TIME.

If they cant bring us that, then stop making online games.

PSN has been SHIT since Destiny came out.
Bungies error messages have been SHIT.
Destiny is such a repetitive game, its almost sad how in need of new content this game is.
Also, hate that they took the anti consumer move and cut actual stuff out of the game to sell it to us at a later date.

But I still have a lot of fun playing this fucking game, FUCK YOU BUNGIE!

Pickman

Was that possibly the longest roundabout way to get to the Scablands? Holy moly. Take a right when you spawn on Mars and you're there in about 30 seconds or so.

Didn't watch the video since I'm at work, but I saw it was about the right length. Yeah that's a really long way to get there, lol.

phen0m24

Der Xur, don´t listen to this guy.

Ballerhorn, thank you.

Dearest Xur,

I was coin-poor when you previously offered the Ice Breaker. As Atheon recently dropped me the Horn O' Plenty, I expect no sympathy. But I have grown weary of hearing the
sexy
noises Breaker makes while I run out of ammo with Miss Praedyth
again
. Mr. Banshee has become wealthy from my frequent purchases, and we all know how unreliable the Gyptarch has been.

Warmest
hopefully solar
regards:

The Colonel

NextGen

Have Atheon Hard if anyone wants it starting now, need a full crew that know what they are doing as couldn't get it done yesterday PSN yorkie7480

Zakalwe

Banned
Gjallahorn is very good, but it can be subbed. There's nothing in the game you /need/ it for.

TLW on the other hand offers an entirely unique experience, especially if you like pvp.

Hope Xur sells both at some point, though.

the Gyptarch
what the fuck

I see Bungie's servers are shit today. Absolutely fine yesterday, total shit today. Once I've played through the two DLC's I've paid for I'm through with this game and I'm NEVER buying another online only game again.
As much as I love this game, there's no defending its performance this past day. I tried to help a friend on PS3 finish the Nightfall and got booted no less than twenty times before I just gave up. Those Fallen in the Ishtar Sink? FUCK 'EM

void666

Banned
I found my last word in a raid chest. Was so excited at first. Now it's just sitting in my inventory. It's not good for PVE. And i don't play PVP. I'm better using hawkmoon or TDYK.

Am i wrong gaf?

Bizazedo

It's like a real gun!

But, LiK, I want to use it over the Suros in PvP. It does 61 for a headshot and with my messed up hands, it's so fun when it works! I hate repeatedly pulling triggers!

....alas, "real world gameplay" experiences.

Public service announcement.

Did 2 pe and was awarded 2 ass shards on the first one and one of each on the second one. Never got more than one before. Stealth fix? Or just really lucky

I found my last word in a raid chest. Was so excited at first. Now it's just sitting in my inventory. It's not good for PVE. And i don't play PVP. I'm better using hawkmoon or TDYK.

Am i wrong gaf?

Haha. Nope, you are not wrong. Both the Hawkmoon and TDYK are superior PvE guns in my opinion (and it's a pretty common opinion among my player group.

TLW sits in my Hunter build's inventory because he's the only one I take into PvP. It's a really solid gun in PvP but, if you aren't into that, it's not going to do much for you.

Did 2 pe and was awarded 2 ass shards on the first one and one of each on the second one. Never got more than one before. Stealth fix? Or just really lucky
I'll check it out. I might start hitting one with each character every day if there's a still a chance to roll coins and motes.

EL CUCO

To Raid before the update or after the update? that is the question. Well I guess maintenance isn't exactly an update...

Highlight of my Nightfalls was a Void Fusion from Dead Orbit that apparently is only attainable through drops. It seems on par with Light/Beware on everything except charge rate, yet still faster than PI. I'm definitely maxing it out for some yummy Minotaur shields.

Mupod

So I don't usually believe in the little tips and tricks, but I made an exception with this one and it has worked wonders for me. I went over 100 hours without a single exotic bounty, had 3x characters over lvl 22 and nothing.

Someone told me that the chances are increased if you complete a full 5x bounties and then turn all 5x in as quick as you can, so when you open the vender screen just mash xxxxx to turn them all in rapid fire. Since I started doing that, I have gotten ... I can't even remember, a lot of exotic bounties, I have put in probably another 100+ hours since never having any, and I have:

3x Thorn
2x Pocket Infinity
2x Bad JuJu
1x Invective
2x Super Good Advice

So last night when I went to turn in my bounties I thought of this post and figured 'hell, why not'. I laughed when I tried it and got my first exotic bounty, even if it was for a weapon I don't really want.

I can't believe how reluctant this game is to give me a handcannon. I've yet to find a rare one *ever*. I'm trying to make do with a scout rifle but I leveled up using handcannons because they're what I like.

LiK

But, LiK, I want to use it over the Suros in PvP. It does 61 for a headshot and with my messed up hands, it's so fun when it works! I hate repeatedly pulling triggers!

....alas, "real world gameplay" experiences.

Haha, I agree. Constantly pulling the triggers is exhausting in PVP. I've been using a Scout rifle with my Hunter for two days.

Interesting new "feature" we ran into last night - after killing the templar, we were looting the spirit bloom chest and 3 members of our group got magically marked for negation. Obviously they never got killed as the templar was dead, but it did make navigating to the next chest a bit of a pain.

Anyone had this happen to them before?

Bizazedo

Has happened to me a few weeks ago, got one of each on a PE. I am thinking really lucky.

I am now a chest away from 30. Finally got my second piece of raid gear to drop last night.

Also got the Found Verdict shotgun. Anyone have any thoughts on it? I hear it's very good for PvP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom