• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
So last night Maledict, Duebrithil and I did Nightfall. As it tends to happen, I had to work late and arrived when they were already at the Archon area.

Maledict joked that I was arriving at the end and would get Gjallarhorn while they did most of the work and would get legendaries or ass mats.

Got ourselves killed a few times but never wiped. The captains, stealths and snipers were really annoying and getting dropped into it without the crescendo of the rest of the strike was a bit jarring.

We killed the Archon and the bottom left corner of the screen comes up with the rewards. I just started laughing uncontrollably since the situation was so ridiculous and the odds really unbelievable considering the conversation we had when I finally joined the fireteam.

I got Gjallarhorn. And felt bad for Maledict and Duebrithil...

So last night Maledict, Duebrithil and I did Nightfall. As it tends to happen, I had to work late and arrived when they were already at the Archon area.

Maledict joked that I was arriving at the end and would get Gjallarhorn while they did most of the work and would get legendaries or ass mats.

Got ourselves killed a few times but never wiped. The captains, stealths and snipers were really annoying and getting dropped into it without the crescendo of the rest of the strike was a bit jarring.

We killed the Archon and the bottom left corner of the screen comes up with the rewards. I just started laughing uncontrollably since the situation was so ridiculous and the odds really unbelievable considering the conversation we had when I finally joined the fireteam.

I got Gjallarhorn. And felt bad for Maledict and Duebrithil...

smlusxq.png

Finally got the last piece of raid gear for my Warlock. I also got a new exotic: Hard Light.

Since the release of the game I've had problems to get ass energy. So as a result I've got only four exotics maxed: Suros Regime, Red Death, Mida Multi Tool and Vex Mythoclast.

What exotic should I level up next?

I've got
- Thorn
- The Last Word
- Ice Breaker
- Hard Light
- Invective
- Thunderlord
- Truth

Fitts

Congrats to those getting new exotics! I've been seeing more as loot/rewards lately.

I got Hard Light from Nightfall yesterday. I honestly forgot it had even existed. I'm still in the process of maxing Hawkmoon, but after that's completed is it worth investing in for any reason?

Sullichin

Finally got the last piece of raid gear for my Warlock. I also got a new exotic: Hard Light.

Since the release of the game I've had problems to get ass energy. So as a result I've got only four exotics maxed: Suros Regime, Red Death, Mida Multi Tool and Vex Mythoclast.

I've got
- Thorn
- The Last Word
- Ice Breaker
- Hard Light
- Invective
- Thunderlord
- Truth

4 maxed exotics is a lot! Make sure to at least get Mark of the Devourer with Thorn, it's not the same weapon without it. Ice Breaker is so beastly in PVE at 300.

I've got
- Thorn
- The Last Word
- Ice Breaker
- Hard Light
- Invective
- Thunderlord
- Truth

Ice Breaker maxed out first off all. Amazing gun in PVE. Truly invaluable.

Shito

I've got
- Thorn
- The Last Word
- Ice Breaker
- Hard Light
- Invective
- Thunderlord
- Truth
As people already hinted at: depends on what you like playing?
PVP: Thorn, for the fun factor
PVE: Ice Breaker, for the broken factor

Mrgamer

RNGeesus blessed me this week:

2 complete hard raids 3rd till atheon( too glitchy :( )
3 nightfalls.

2x timebreaker
hearth of praxic fire
sunbreakers.
Gloves of the hazen lords
chest x2(sharded)
vision of confluence x2(sharded)
hezen vengeance x2 (sharded
atheon apiloguex 2(sharded)
phreadythes revenge(sharded)
Found veredict(sharded)

motherfucker fatebringer
motherfucking mythoclast

RnG is Love RNg is life.

GlamFM

Banned

I've got
- Thorn
- The Last Word
- Ice Breaker
- Hard Light
- Invective
- Thunderlord
- Truth

Ice breaker.

Nightfalls and raids done, still no Hawkmoon :(

Got Hawkmoon, still no Ballerhorn.

Steroyd

I just noticed my Warlock has the perfect Int/Dis setup with the gear... Then I switch to exotic Helmet/armour and that shitty strength stat comes back.

Speaking of melee, Sunbreakers look cool when melee'ing, might have to get the other 2 gauntlets just for aesthetics, why do I come to these revelations after Xur sells them, damnit!

I can only justify the strength stat on my hunter gunslinger because of the knife throw, but if I get a precision kill, I instantly get the knife back hmmm.

Drain You

Haven't had a piece of raid gear drop for weeks. Last night I get the boots and legs, exactly what I needed to hit 30. Now all I have to do is level them up and thenjoy take a break till the DLC drops.

Steroyd

Is icebreaker buggy for anyone else?

As in the exploding perk? It never seems to proc for me recently whereas my Supremacy and Preadyths Revenge always do.

That's because the Icebreaker perk is embarrassingly shit compared to the Firefly perk, enemies literally have to be hugging or having sex with each other for the area of effect to function as in the description.

That's because the Icebreaker perk is embarrassingly shit compared to the Firefly perk, enemies literally have to be hugging or having sex with each other for the area of effect to function as in the description.

Ah that maybe makes sense then. Thought it had maybe bugged out due to switching it out and trading it between my charecters or something!

noomi

So I'm at the point now where all I can do is wait for Tuesday reset and then Xur on Fridays.

Everything I want to up to chance with RNG, I feel sad :(

I guess it's time to play some other games I've neglected for over 2 months.

JayEH

Hmmm, Thorn or Bad Juju bounty? I want thorn but don't really want to deal with the bullshit associated with that. But Bad Juju is so bad though...

went for thorn. YOLO.

Steroyd

So I'm at the point now where all I can do is wait for Tuesday reset and then Xur on Fridays.

Haha same,I still have some exotics to max, but I've found efficient ways of doing things, that I've started to play on my Vita again.

Hmmm, Thorn or Bad Juju bounty? I want thorn but don't really want to deal with the bullshit associated with that. But Bad Juju is so bad though...

went for thorn. YOLO.

Thron, Bad Juju is crap, Praedyth's Timepiece has shown me there is hope for Pulse Rifles, but Bad Juju is bad and we're forever waiting for a buff that doesn't feel like is going to happen.

Hiko

Banned

Same. I think I'm done with the game

JayEH

I feel the same but the game keeps pulling me back in. Dragon age and finals will soon dampen my play time but I imagine I'll still be playing once a week for the raid for a while.

Geneijin

I'm hitting that same wall in the past week.

All my raid loot from a hard mode raid that I did yesterday:

Ascendant Shards
Ascendant Energy

I'm glad I already hit L30 but come on I want that helmet so I can use Armamentarium and still be L30, I don't even care about the mytho anymore.

I see Bungie's servers are shit today. Absolutely fine yesterday, total shit today. Once I've played through the two DLC's I've paid for I'm through with this game and I'm NEVER buying another online only game again.

Cømet;138508306 said:
All the raid equipment I have to max out is relic iron or helium :(

I really like farming helium, its the only material that I get a joy of farming since the route is so easy and I just get my headphones and listen to some albums from my music backlog.

I hate farming spinmetal, its the worst for me.

I think I've screwed myself over in the nightfall. I should've unloaded on the boss when he was near death and now there's too many damn enemies for me to even move. This was much easier with Bladedancer.

Has anyone not done the Nightfall, or wanna complete it with an alt?

Edit: Nevermind. Blew myself up with a fucking grenade.

So, finally I got to level 30 yesterday

I had the game from launch day. I don't play religiously, but I did the raid quite few times! and just managed to get the stupid leg armor.

I think the leveling up system should be amended. Depending purely on luck is not healthy and extremely frustrating. When the leg armor dropped for me, I had a friend in the group who has 3 warlock characters and did the raid on 26 and 30 a million times in all of his characters and he's yet to get the leg armor. I felt like shit when he was congratulating me. I wish I could give it to him because he really deserves it much more than me!

I love the game and the gameplay but it's items/leveling system is seriously flawed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom