• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

Got my 3rd Mythoclast tonight, now I've got one for all my alts haha. I just wish I could get one Vision of Confluence though. Just one por favor RNGesus.

i will trade you 1 of my 6 mythoclasts and 1 of my 2 VOCs for your 3 mythoclasts.

i want enough to supply an army.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Hard Raid at Gatekeeper, PS4

1. Uff Duh
2. Uff Duh Buddy
3. Breakfuss
4. Breakfuss buddy
5. Earvcunanan

Edit full up. My psn is Tokunbo.

finally got the mythoclast! I was pretty happy when it dropped after beating him with my warlock. I had beaten hard earlier with my hunter and got my 3rd speeder and some shards, wasn't terribly thrilled lol

Zocano

Attempting the hard raid with less than 2 30s is an exercise in futility.

Sure it's possible. But the party needs the right gear. And 29s tend to... usually not.

I don't like getting in a group and seeing all 29s in the party. It's frustrating because I 1) assume we don't have enough G-horns/IBs and 2) I assume that the rest of the party is not actually competent and can hold their own.

It's elitist but I've done enough MMO raiding to get fed up with bad parties and teammates that are just bad and not useful.

breakfuss

Sure it's possible. But the party needs the right gear. And 29s tend to... usually not.

I don't like getting in a group and seeing all 29s in the party. It's frustrating because I 1) assume we don't have enough G-horns/IBs and 2) I assume that the rest of the party is not actually competent and can hold their own.

It's elitist but I've done enough MMO raiding to get fed up with bad parties and teammates that are just bad and not useful.

How does one get to 30 without doing the raid at 29?

Milennia

So you have to go over the magic platforms in order for this to count? You can't just cheap jump on the far right with Titans/Warlocks, or Bladedance over on the far left? That sucks.

you can, i did it for every single one of our attempts (my main teams attempts, we have completed flawless twice at this point since).

but since I'm the only one who has never really died doing it I'm allowed to lol

Milennia

You can still hit 30 without doing the hard raid.

edit: I know I did.

I am sure most 30s currently around are only 30 because they cheesed Atheon until they got all the parts they needed.

I've gotten about 6 helms legit, first kill everyone was 29 and we had two 28s, 2 months ago, no cheese involved.

Zocano

I've gotten about 6 helms legit, first kill everyone was 29 and we had two 28s, 2 months ago, no cheese involved.

Like I said, I assume most people in the group are generally bad and not actually competent enough to do their job well enough.

edit: And usually they are. Just one bad apple will spoil the batch.

edit edit:

Also, I did say it was possible with all 29s, you just need people who are good enough.

So you have to go over the magic platforms in order for this to count? You can't just cheap jump on the far right with Titans/Warlocks, or Bladedance over on the far left? That sucks.

You can do it any way you want as long as you don't die. However, as someone who has run 50+ hours of flawless and never died once on the jumps, my very, very strong recommendation is to learn the route of the spiral platforms. It's by far the most reliable and least stressful method. It's not to be rude or anything else, I've just seen it happen so many times and I really want as many teams as possible to knock out the trophy.

Everyone can do the jumps on non-flawless attempts. The jumps don't kill people, the stress does. Or some glitchy fall damage. Or some goofy collision detection that bounces you back off the ledge. It's just not worth taking any chances considering how long and boring the conflux+oracle+Templar phases are. Plus it's really important for teams to get legit shots at glitched Atheon, not just practice runs.

I might make a quick tutorial video just to show the route. That said, we got a couple really strong runs in; the next time the team gets to Atheon, they will cash it in for sure.

you can, i did it for every single one of our attempts (my main teams attempts, we have completed flawless twice at this point since).

but since I'm the only one who has never really died doing it I'm allowed to lol

"Never really died" is one way to put it :) haha but yeah people can do whatever they want, I've just seen so many runs die on the jumps and 95% of those deaths were people not following/knowing the spiral.

Milennia

You can do it any way you want as long as you don't die. However, as someone who has run 50+ hours of flawless and never died once on the jumps, my very, very strong recommendation is to learn the route of the spiral platforms. It's by far the most reliable and least stressful method. It's not to be rude or anything else, I've just seen it happen so many times and I really want as many teams as possible to knock out the trophy.

Everyone can do the jumps on non-flawless attempts. The jumps don't kill people, the stress does. Or some glitchy fall damage. Or some goofy collision detection that bounces you back off the ledge. It's just not worth taking any chances considering how long and boring the conflux+oracle+Templar phases are. Plus it's really important for teams to get legit shots at glitched Atheon, not just practice runs.

I might make a quick tutorial video just to show the route. That said, we got a couple really strong runs in; the next time the team gets to Atheon, they will cash it in for sure.

"Never really died" is one way to put it :) haha but yeah people can do whatever they want, I've just seen so many runs die on the jumps and 95% of those deaths were people not following/knowing the spiral.
=p my deaths were usually do to my own idiocy sadly =/

Geneijin

What's the right gear then? Incompetent at what sections of the raid exactly?

Zocano

I'm actually pretty fair and patient with groups that are having a hard time. I just realize that the odds of succeeding are slim and usually require some teammates to change out. I don't "try less" because of it. I'll do my damn best to clutch it out but I find consistent faults in the outside team for Gatekeepers and portal team for Atheon.

What's the right gear then? Incompetent at what sections of the raid exactly?

Really, the Gjallarhorn makes everything way way easier.

But teammates that have actual good fusion (edit: Sorry, I meant void weapons) close range weapons are really important, too (maxed out).

The difficult parts are outside teams in Gatekeepers staying alive and Atheon portal teams to not fuck up.

LordofPwn

Tuned in as soon as you fell on the jumping platform... right as you took the route to the right I went "oh oh". That route has about a 50% chance of success.
Past 3 weeks (5ish raids) worked fine for me, try it today and I failed. I blame me trying to max out my defender subclass before the raid.

I later biffed it doing the regular way on the second attempt. I clearly needed more practice... Which I proceeded to do as everyone left.

And now I'm sitting here feeling absolutely terrible that I let my team down

Nicko

Got my 3rd Mythoclast tonight, now I've got one for all my alts haha. I just wish I could get one Vision of Confluence though. Just one por favor RNGesus.

Got a VOC from my very first normal raid run yesterday. Haven't used it too much yet, but so far seems pretty alright. Gosh, what I wouldn't give to trade it for one of your Mythoclasts!!

Past 3 weeks (5ish raids) worked fine for me, try it today and I failed. I blame me trying to max out my defender subclass before the raid.

I later biffed it doing the regular way on the second attempt. I clearly needed more practice... Which I proceeded to do as everyone left.

No worries, people had to leave. Don't worry too much about it :) everyone messes up and the stress/pressure can get to you a lot.

SkylineRKR

Got a VOC from my very first normal raid run yesterday. Haven't used it too much yet, but so far seems pretty alright. Gosh, what I wouldn't give to trade it for one of your Mythoclasts!!

I would trade my Clast for VoC. I have 2.

Never got VoC, Timebreaker, Praetorian, Fatebringer and Hezen.

I completely understand what you are saying but you shouldn't feel that way. Everyone is just here to have fun, enjoy the game, and help each other with the most challenging content. Everyone played really well and you guys will get it next time for sure whether or not I'm tagging along. :)

Deku Tree

i like the venus area, just in front of the cave you enter to get into the archon priest strike, theres a captain who just spawns every few seconds or so

You can either do the start of the Nexus or that one Ultra Vandal that shows up at Forgotten Shore towards the Lv 20 area.

I just kill the guy at Venus Ember Caves. He spawns super fast.

Thanks. I ended up doing the ember caves one on a spirit bloom loop. The fallen leaders bounty is the slowest compared to the hive and the vex leaders ones.

Geneijin

I'm actually pretty fair and patient with groups that are having a hard time. I just realize that the odds of succeeding are slim and usually require some teammates to change out. I don't "try less" because of it. I'll do my damn best to clutch it out but I find consistent faults in the outside team for Gatekeepers and portal team for Atheon.
Change out? Like subclasses or replacing players?

Really, the Gjallarhorn makes everything way way easier.

But teammates that have actual good fusion close range weapons are really important, too (maxed out).

The difficult parts are outside teams in Gatekeepers staying alive and Atheon portal teams to not fuck up.
That's a really short list then. I would consider 274+ damage weapons (3 upgrades away from 300 max damage) the minimum when doing a hard raid as 29, and weapons that deal bonus damage to Oracles as a bonus quite honestly. Ideally, party composition would be more important as having a Titan or two helps out tremendously for both damage and defense.

Don't feel bad man. Instead, get more confidence to do better. I fucked up pre-patch Gatekeepers, and I feel less stress when attempting future attempts now.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Don't feel bad man. Instead, get more confidence to do better. I fucked up pre-patch Gatekeepers, and I feel less stress when attempting future attempts now.
I still remember that haha. :( Near the middle conflux, right? But still, there was no guarantee we would have beaten Atheon but that was our (my) best chance. Now, Drizzay, Astro all have flawless and I don't.

Zocano

Change out? Like subclasses or replacing players?

That's a really short list then. I would consider 274+ damage weapons (3 upgrades away from 300 max damage) the minimum when doing a hard raid as 29, and weapons that deal bonus damage to Oracles as a bonus quite honestly. Ideally, party composition would be more important as having a Titan or two helps out tremendously for both damage and defense.

Well I mention Gjallarhorn specifically for how much better it is than any other weapon. Every extra one you have makes the raid massively more consistent and passable.

I expect every team member to have maxed out weapons when doing the hard raid. It feels almost like a requirement. Going in with anything less and I feel you are worthless to the team.

Honestly, I don't understand why people try to find groups unless they are as geared as they can be (barring raid gear). I didn't attempt the hard raid until 2 weeks ago even though I had long been probably well equipped enough.

edit: And yes, I do mean switching out players. It is often a combination of lack of gear and lack of competency. I expect everyone in a hard raid group to know what they're doing and be doing it as perfectly as possible. Any less and I am disappointed.

Again, I will state I am very fair and patient when actually in a group. I will spend hours with the same group throwing myself at the raid until it's done or people give up. But I won't delude myself into pretending everyone is capable and doing perfectly if we're stuck for hours.

Geneijin

I still remember that haha. :( Near the middle conflux, right? But still, there was no guarantee we would have beaten Atheon but that was our (my) best chance. Now, Drizzay, Astro all have flawless and I don't.
Yup. I pretty much switched to Titan on flawless raider runs now even though I do worse at the jump puzzle. I hate how you can nearly kill yourself with Nova Bomb if an enemy pops in front of you as one example.

We should run it together again sometime if you're up for it. Finding the people is half the challenge honestly.

Zocano

I also make several comments often about how Titan Defender and Sunbros are really the only class worth running in the raid. Combination of defense and back-up survivability is just too useful.

joecanada

I did it solo the other day. Obviously slow and steady goes without saying but at the 3 waves/dinkle door don't be shy of retreating right back up the stairs when the wizards show up and I guess a solar RL will help.

When you get to Phogoth I just went in and cleared the adds, then hit him til he was loose. Then just hang in the cheese room - not the room immediately before you enter but the one before that with a few steps up. When the Shrieker despawns step out and clear any adds that come your way. Eventually Xyor came to me and I killed her without even realising - just saw the bounty pop up. Good luck!

Yeah if you are going to solo it just hang back in the room and don't kill the Shrieker it goes away on its own but in my game the wizards all came at the same time as Shrieker so you kind of have to be quick killing the enemies that come through the doorway. Also you do need to go out at least to hear the message "at least it's chained up" or sometimes it won't work. I know because a few of us spent an hour with no appearance of Xyor

Milennia

Yup. I pretty much switched to Titan on flawless raider runs now even though I do worse at the jump puzzle. I hate how you can nearly kill yourself with Nova Bomb if an enemy pops in front of you as one example.

We should run it together again sometime if you're up for it. Finding the people is half the challenge honestly.

i use radiant skin sunsinger when i run flawless, its a pretty damn consistent lifesaver.

but ever since getting it twice my confidence is much higher, so i run song.

zewone

I also make several comments often about how Titan Defender and Sunbros are really the only class worth running in the raid. Combination of defense and back-up survivability is just too useful.
Golden Gun is ridiculously useful during Atheon portals.

Warlock revive is awesome, but you shouldn't be dying anyways.

Defender is really only useful during Atheon.

None of the classes are important though. Skills and maxed weapons are.

Steroyd

I disagree, while it may feel that way up to the gatekeepers part, a hunter can stealth his way into a gatekeeper portal and grab the relic, without getting ambushed and a gunslinger makes short work of supplicants during the Atheon section especially when said supplicants spawn behind the portal just as the portal team are on their way out.

Edit: And gunslinger can save a wipe inside the portal to if they fall behind in oracle killing.

blackjaw

Err...I gave my VoC and icebreaker to my alt Titan, logged into my hunter main and VoC is on him too.

I only had one VoC...odd thing is that the one on my hunter isn't leveled up while the one on my alt is...

This is like the reverse of losing stuff in the bank. Very odd...made me log back and forth just to ensure i wasn't going crazy.

Milennia

Err...I gave my VoC and icebreaker to my alt Titan, logged into my hunter main and VoC is on him too.

I only had one VoC...odd thing is that the one on my hunter isn't leveled up while the one on my alt is...

This is like the reverse of losing stuff in the bank. Very odd...made me log back and forth just to ensure i wasn't going crazy.

working as intended

Funny how the ways I enjoy the game keep morphing as time goes on.

Before? Crucible all day everyday!

Now? Vanguard Strikes and maxing out my favorite weapons. Also leveling Dead Orbit until I get that sweet, sweet black shader.

Have to say I've never been all that interested in the raid. I've done it a handful of times, got some weapons from it and that was cool but I just don't care to keep doing it all the time to get 30 gear. I'd much rather get some level 30 gear in the next Iron Banner.

Steroyd

Funny how the ways I enjoy the game keep morphing as time goes on.

Before? Crucible all day everyday!

Now? Vanguard Strikes and maxing out my favorite weapons. Also leveling Dead Orbit until I get that sweet, sweet black shader.

Have to say I've never been all that interested in the raid. I've done it a handful of times, got some weapons from it and that was cool but I just don't care to keep doing it all the time to get 30 gear. I'd much rather get some level 30 gear in the next Iron Banner.

If not for the gear, then do it for the weapons, Fatebringer is just so much fun to use.

If not for the gear, then do it for the weapons, Fatebringer is just so much fun to use.

My luck in the raid in handful of times I've done it has been pretty OK weapon wise. I have Fatebringer, Corrective Measure, Praedyth’s Revenge, Praetorian Foil and a couple Found Verdicts.

The only other raid weapon I would want is VoC, everything else...eh. Atheon’s Epilogue seems like a sloppy mess, Praedyth’s Timepiece seems pretty neat because I like Pulse Rifles but I already have a maxed Red Death which is far and away my favorite weapon in the game.

MightyKAC

Did my first ever raid today and got VoC!!!! :D

tumblr_inline_na2ru1Uyzr1s3s1r7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom